• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

Regarding pick'ems, how do they determine the placement if two teams tie?

I had Gigabyte at 4th on my pick'ems but even though they tied Immortals with 2-5 they placed Immortals last and Gigabyte 3rd, really messed up my picks :(.

IMT lost the tiebreaker to GAM.

Leezard

Regarding pick'ems, how do they determine the placement if two teams tie?

I had Gigabyte at 4th on my pick'ems but even though they tied Immortals with 2-5 they placed Immortals last and Gigabyte 3rd, really messed up my picks :(.

First of all there's a head to head record. Since GAM and IMT went 1-1 against each other that won't break the tie.

GAM, INT and FNC all had 1-1 records against each other. Thus, the tiebreaker went on the faster average win time for the games. From this, they got GAM > FNC > IMT. Thus this created a gauntlet with 1st seed GAM, 2nd seed FNC and 3rd seed IMT, so IMT had to fight FNC, and the winner fought GAM.

FNC won against IMT and then proceeded to win against GAM, but since GAM had 1st seed and IMT had a lower seed, IMT placed last in the group.

edit: Look at that, a Yasuo.

Leezard

Man, G2 probably gonna lose because Perkz came through on his Yasuo promise. At least they are having a bit of fun for a game that means nothing.

cHinzo

At this point, who cares if they win or lose. Let him have some fun with his Yasuo pick which doesn't seem to do too badly and he promised it on his Twitter lol.

Sol Mori

The results of group C really make me wish; granted I already really wish they would, LoL would use a similar system that DOTA2 does. FNC gets top 8 and G2 gets knocked out; not because FNC played super well, but because FNC is in a much easier group than G2.

Two groups of 8, with top 4 of each going into winners bracket and bottom 4 of each going into losers bracket. Of course if the option was copy DOTA2 or the world ends, Riot would 100% choose the world ending.

cHinzo

Man, now there are 2 non-Korean first seeds out of groups.
I'm still baffled how KT didn't make Worlds with that roster.

d2ceb74495.png

Welp, at least got the full 16 points. :d I would like to see Uzi vs Rekkles tbh in the play-offs.

clemenx

Banned
The fuck is wrong with FlashWolves. They're always pretty fun but it's like they forgot how to teamfight completely.

They even have triple infernal! They can still win but this should've been a stomp for them.

Macattk15

That fucking Ryze ult out of the baron pit into Cass literally had me saying "What the fuck? That was a professional play??"

Omnicent

It's time for the NA week 2 curse to steal my soul.
If WE can get the early snowball rolling I can see them taking this game.
Those tweets are going to haunt TSM tonight.

Macattk15

Kinda feels like TSM lost this already. TSM can never fucking adapt to quick changes.

edit : Yeah they lost this barring some amazing throw. TSM ain't getting out of groups.

Bacon

Looks like tsm were feeling themselves a little too much after week 1. They better be able to adapt real quick.

Sol Mori

Kinda feels like TSM lost this already. TSM can never fucking adapt to quick changes.

edit : Yeah they lost this barring some amazing throw. TSM ain't getting out of groups.

If EDG and FW didn't exist, TSM would be the worst #1 seed here.

Honestly NA does not deserve an automatic seed into worlds.

clemenx

Banned
Loved WE comp. I hope we see more teams try to flat out dominate laning phase. Teams are just farming their adc for censer and their tank with almost no opposition.

Sol Mori

Yup, 0-9 NA.

So fucking predictable.

Wrong, 0-10 or depending on tie breakers in group a, 0-11 the dream.

Riot should help NA avoid going 0-9+ next year, by making NA's #1 seed go through the play-in stage like the rest of the "emerging" reigions. After all, can't go 0-9 if you can only send one team.

Kalentan

Wrong, 0-10 or depending on tie breakers in group a, 0-11 the dream.

Riot should help NA avoid going 0-9+ next year, by making NA's #1 seed go through the play-in stage like the rest of the "emerging" reigions. After all, can't go 0-9 if you can only send one team.

Honestly almost sounds better lol.

Sol Mori

Honestly almost sounds better lol.

The only winnable game I see for TSM is vs FW, because they also suck. It appears that TSM does not understand what engage is or how to not draft 3 losing lanes into a comp that wants to snowball.

While we haven't seen EDG yet, how is it that three #1 seeds are complete garbage.

Sol Mori

TSM picked Sej and Twitch vs MSF. Ban TSM and anyone associated with TSM from ever going to an international tournament again.

Sol Mori

Yasuo and Blitz!? What a risking team comp for Misfits.

I'm not so sure it is a risk against TSM. Sven has been invisible, and now they can have Maxlore go bot or top.

TSM sure wish it had a sub ADC right now to prevent the tilt'ing LiftLift is about to do

Unfortunately TSM needs two subs, because Sven has been garbage this entire tournament as well. Too bad you can only bring 1 sub.

Three minutes into game and TSM needs to just forfeit right now and just go home. Also the casters need to shut up about scaling; literally the only time "but but but scaling" ever comes to anything is if it is a LCK team with scaling.

Top Bottom