• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] Bluepoint's Next Project May Be An Original Game, Not A Remake

Jinzo Prime

qamCj26.jpeg

b7ZXg2G.png

From the Sony leaks.

Calverz

Y'all reading into it too much lol. Original Content=new IP the concept art more or less confirms this.

tommib

Two characters and one of them glowing as it was summoned?

This is going to be that Atreus spin-off, right?

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Looks promising im really excited to see what Bluepoints is cooking for us
Its a good time to be a Gamer i love my hobby

Perrott

Gold Member
All the worst case scenarios are turning out to be true:

Insomniac is a Marvel factory
Bluepoint is working on a GOW spinoff after spending years helping with Ragnarok
Housemarque loses legendary Krueger
No Wipeout insight
ND games years away
Bloodborne port dead

Depressing. Utterly depressing.
There's literally a pretty solid rumor making the rounds about a Sega-developed Wipeout game.

Also, remember that third-person sci-fi RPG from Sony that got a video of its prototype leaked just last year? It seems like that might very well be Housemarque's new IP, which would be extremely exciting.

Last edited:

Hudo

It’s Atreus in a fantasy ancient Egypt.

☠️
If I can play as the ancient Egyptians, torturing and then killing Atreus, I'd buy the game.

This character and all the gameplay and story decisions around him contributed heavily to me disliking the "nu God of War" games.

Gojiira

Im not getting Atreus vibes at all in that concept art, the corporeal character looks muscular, has a sword, no bow on his back. The ‘ghostly’ character has a beard but is lithe. Giving me more Soulslike vibes like a summoned phantom.
Soooo since Bluepoint literally built a Soulslike from the ground up already, they have a good idea of how to make them, maybe the new IP is a Egyptian themed Soulslike?

Bluepoint is working on a GOW spinoff after spending years helping with Ragnarok
No Wipeout insight
ND games years away
Bloodborne port dead

I called it. It's all safe and similar copy pasted games, creativity dead. Bloodborne hurts the most. Not even a PC port...If people were still hoping for it, well at this point it's oficially fucking dead.

Dazraell

No Wipeout insight
ND games years away
Bloodborne port dead

And one would have thought initial pivot for games as a service from Jim Ryan's era being backpedaled would finally mean some good news for Sony's games. Sigh, it's really bad

I still hope that Bluepoint game is an original IP as that concept art looks really neat

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
My theory is still that they are working on a spin-off Atreus game -- which I'd welcome, especially if there's a time-jump in between the game, and Atreus becomes a young adult with a badass body and his fully explored powers.

I also believe that Bluepoint should expand into multiple teams, and at least one of the team should continue with remasters and remakes. That's their specialty, and they should not let go of their competitive edge.

Elios83

Really exciting they're doing a new fantasy IP.
Don't know where some people are seeing Atreus or something that suggests a GOW spinoff in the artwork 🤣 🤣

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I called it. It's all safe and similar copy pasted games, creativity dead. Bloodborne hurts the most. Not even a PC port...If people were still hoping for it, well at this point it's oficially fucking dead.
People should have bought Bloodborne more if they wanted the franchise to continue 🤷‍♂️

The game only sold ~3 million copies. There are other games that sold way more and deserve sequels, ports, remakes, and preferential treatment.

But then people keep crying when Sony remakes/remasters a game that sold 20 million copies and complain why Sony isn't remaking a game that only sold 3 million copies. Good thing that Sony doesn't listen to these people or else it'd have gone bankrupt by now.

People should have bought Bloodborne more if they wanted the franchise to continue 🤷‍♂️

The game only sold ~3 million copies. There are other games that sold way more and deserve sequels, ports, remakes, and preferential treatment.

But then people keep crying when Sony remakes/remasters a game that sold 20 million copies and complain why Sony isn't remaking a game that only sold 3 million copies. Good thing that Sony doesn't listen to these people or else it'd have gone bankrupt by now.

Thank you for your input Jim Ryan.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Or bought Demon's Souls Remake. I don't think that flew off the shelves either.

tommib

Is this where we are? Extreme populism in every media on earth? Sony can’t take the weight of having a few quality games that aren’t a 10+ million seller because they’re not tied to Marvel or legacy IPs? Grim.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There's literally a pretty solid rumor making the rounds about a Sega-developed Wipeout game.

Also, remember that third-person sci-fi RPG from Sony that got a video of its prototype leaked just last year? It seems like that might very well be Housemarque's new IP, which would be extremely exciting.
As nial pointed out, that was xDev. Apparently, that project is codenamed Ooze and is made externally for PlayStation with xDev's help.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Is this where we are? Extreme populism in every media on earth? Sony can’t take the weight of having a few quality games that aren’t a 10+ million seller because they’re not tied to Marvel or legacy IPs? Grim.
Sony is a business, my man. It's an open market out there, and that defines the success or failures of the products a business chooses to put out.

Sony release Demon's Souls; it didn't sell well. Sony released Bloodborne; it didn't sell well. Sony still chose to remake Demon's Souls for the PS5, and that didn't sell well either.

Will we get a Forspoken remake and a sequel down the road? No. Because it failed. Same with Redfall or Aveum or Calisto Protocol. There would be many people who loved those games, and there are things that some of those games are fantastic at: Forspoken's traversal, Callisto's visual fidelity, Aveum's freshness with 1P magic, etc.

But we (understandably) won't get those games.

After all, why would a company choose to keep releasing a game that the market has already rejected? How does that make financial sense to keep losing shareholders' money? That is a recipe for long-term disaster and can even shut down huge businesses.

P.S. While so many are criticizing for Insomniac to have so many Marvel projects, these are the projects that will keep Ratchet & Clank alive (despite it losing $8 million!) and fund 2 new IPs for Insomniac. Sometimes, us gamers can have a very tunnel vision, but that's not how the world works.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Im not getting Atreus vibes at all in that concept art, the corporeal character looks muscular, has a sword, no bow on his back. The ‘ghostly’ character has a beard but is lithe. Giving me more Soulslike vibes like a summoned phantom.
Soooo since Bluepoint literally built a Soulslike from the ground up already, they have a good idea of how to make them, maybe the new IP is a Egyptian themed Soulslike?

Theyre taking Atreus and making him Atrea, a jacked up female version on Atreus for this new game.

Top Bottom