• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak] Tekken 8 releases January 26, 2024

Get ready, warriors.The next King of Iron Fist tournament will start on January 26, 2024 👊
And there's so much more to catch in the #TEKKEN8 Gamescom trailer 🥊

This Twitter account gets their stuff from information hidden in the Microsoft store. Previously they've correctly reported the Diablo 4 release date.

Last edited:

SSfox

Trillions company can't even keep their shit secret, wack ass Xbox as usual

Last edited:
32 characters at launch is bananas, nothing to complain about there (though I'm annoyed my boy Eddie isn't in). My immediate reaction to Arcade Quest was that this was a poor man's Battle Hub from SF6 but digging deeper it seems this is an *offline* single player mode, colour me intrigued.

Tekken has always had cool sp content but they definitely have to step it up after all the stuff NetherRealm has done with their content and SF6's fantastic World Tour, this could be it. On the surface it looks like a combination of Battle Hub and Virtua Fighter 4's dope Kumite mode, need more info.

ZRG8vEm.jpg
igKuFGB.jpg
TemsSyK.jpg
0TAplOk.jpg
llD8v4h.jpg
kMNovIR.jpg

Yoshimitsu being Yoshimitsu. Cool design.
Other characters design looks mehh...

Last edited:
Tired of these dumbass avatar lobbies. Navigating a menu is far better when a fight is desired than waddling these stupid avatars over to the area with the mode desired. Every customization looked like recycled garbage from Tekken 7. At least Paul does not have to look like a reject. Still don't understand why they brought a one-trick pony like Rashid back when there are complete tool sets M.I.A... Hope this time there is more game here than 7 and AI is not dog shit again.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Oof, I thought we were getting it this year. Oh well, the end of 2023 was getting crowded anyway. It will be nice to have this in January.

SkylineRKR

I expected as much. The game has been in the spotlights all year now, and we've had CNT's. Normally I would guess 6 months after a Beta, like SF6 released. So this fits in.

I like what I played. Its perhaps the best and most revolutionary Tekken to me. I liked the fast and offensive gameplay, it makes T7 feel very slow. Yes there are issues with chip damage, but perhaps they'll sort it out. Or we just need to accept defense isn't overly effective anymore.

Jan. isn't that far really. My arcade stick is ready.

That's actually a great upgrade. I desire the same level of customization for gloves. I also hope that generic clothing hugs the various body types instead of floating. That is the worst.

Last edited:

SSfox

That's actually a great upgrade. I desire the same level of customization for gloves. I also hope that generic clothing hugs the various body types instead of floating. That is the worst.
I hate to death this concept of characters sharing outfits, but anyway i already cried 712543 litres of tears about that, i don't want to come back to that.

Top Bottom