• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Launch Trailer for Tekken 8 has been Released

Klosshufvud

EPIC STORYLINE

For some reason nowhere as hyped as for the T7 storyline with Kazuya/Heihachi/Akuma/Kazumi all in the mix.

Sony

Nintendo
They're going full Dragonball Super with that Storyline. Tournament of Power meets Zamasu vibe xD.

Story spoiler/speculation:
I think Reina will turn into a devil and be the plottwist baddie of the game. In an earlier story cutscene she finds out that Jin's Devil power shows itself whever Jin is in trouble/at the brink of death. In the trailer we can see Reina embracing Kazuya's laser beam head on. I think she's hoping she'll turn into a devil once the beam hits her and nearly kills her

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Goddamn,my new main Reina is such a badass,best new Tekken character in forever. Pre-ordered and ready to go.My most anticipated fighting game this gen.

Last edited:

GameCritic

Neo Member
They also fixing the Accessibility settings which is cool of them 👏

Arachnid

Hyped but I've been watching videos and it looks like my boi Dragunov got some rough nerfs. Eddie is also pushed to DLC, and Christy is forever absent. Both fat and slim bob are absent too.

Rough start for me. All my mains are absent or nerfed. May have to pick up someone else

NT80

Hyped but I've been watching videos and it looks like my boi Dragunov got some rough nerfs. Eddie is also pushed to DLC, and Christy is forever absent. Both fat and slim bob are absent too.

Rough start for me. All my mains are absent or nerfed. May have to pick up someone else
How was Dragunov nerfed?

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Looking forward to sinking some time into this. The release date in Australia is a public holiday so I get a full day to play!

Dragunov got buff. New broken low moves, new wall grab, might be most dmg wall combo, blue spark running 2. You can spam running 2 all day with how easy to execute running in Tekken 8 is. He's easily in A or S tier list.

Last edited:

NT80

Dragunov got buff. New broken low moves, new wall grab, might be most dmg wall combo, blue spark running 2. You can spam running 2 all day with how easy to execute running in Tekken 8 is.
I hope they get rid of that easy running attack and revert it to the way it was. It might be an issue with King's Shining Wizard considering the way throws are in T8 (full tracking and almost unbreakable on counter hit). That throw comes out as fast as a jab.

Arachnid

How was Dragunov nerfed?
Dragunov got buff. New broken low moves, new wall grab, might be most dmg wall combo, blue spark running 2. You can spam running 2 all day with how easy to execute running in Tekken 8 is. He's easily in A or S tier list.
There's a mix. The wall grab is dope (though all that wall grab does is make up for him losing a wall punisher) and they also added a great new low which he needed, but he lost his raw standing tackle (this is huge for me) and all his grabs do less damage in general. His striking in general got buffed in damage, but he's never been much of a combo machine, so cool for pokes I guess. He also lost a solid amount of his launchers, which'll make any combos even more of a bitch. He also has unblockable tackles in heat but it's kind of a gimmick IMO and I don't want to have to rely on it. The few buffs are cool, but they don't make up for what he lost IMO

We just need to see if people still crush right through his mids. That was the only thing I hated about him in 7.

I hope they get rid of that easy running attack and revert it to the way it was. It might be an issue with King's Shining Wizard considering the way throws are in T8 (full tracking and almost unbreakable on counter hit). That throw comes out as fast as a jab.
I don't like it but I don't hate it either. It does make the game more aggressive which is what the dev want though.
I think in previous Tekken, fast running is kind of clunky, it doesn't depend on how fast you press the button but more on correct timing.
There's a mix. The wall grab is dope (though all that wall grab does is make up for him losing a wall punisher) and they also added a great new low which he needed, but he lost his raw standing tackle (this is huge for me) and all his grabs do less damage in general. His striking in general got buffed in damage, but he's never been much of a combo machine, so cool for pokes I guess. He also lost a solid amount of his launchers, which'll make any combos even more of a bitch. He also has unblockable tackles in heat but it's kind of a gimmick IMO and I don't want to have to rely on it. The few buffs are cool, but they don't make up for what he lost IMO

We just need to see if people still crush right through his mids. That was the only thing I hated about him in 7.
I still think he has big buff. I don't use standing tackle when playing him so no comment on that but I rarely see people use that move . Guess it depends on your play style.
And speaking of heat move, his heat move is instant running 2 which is already OP lol.

About the launcher moves, I think a lots of characters lost good launcher/ CH launcher moves. So it's basically almost everybody got nerf.

Last edited:

Hoppa

I can’t wait for Friday! I dug out my dusty old PS3 to try and finish off the platinum for Tag 2, managed all of them except one - the one that requires you to get to the Tekken Lord rank. Fuck me it’s tedious but I’m going for it

Last edited:

Hoppa

I can’t wait for Friday! I dug out my dusty old PS3 to try and finish off the platinum for Tag 2, managed all of them except one - the one that requires you to get to the Tekken Lord rank. Fuck me it’s tedious but I’m going for it
I did it! that Tekken Lord trophy was indeed such a slog. Now I can put Tag 2 out to pasture RIP

9I4hwpF.jpg

SSfox

Is there a way to get refund of the game so I can buy from another store.

Bro this is so fucked situation what a disaster

Arachnid

Aged like milk lmao
LMAO no joke, these combos are insane. The most egregious one got nerfed, but he's still a beast.

I still miss his grapple game though. That's nearly gone. He plays completely different from how I used him in previous Tekkens, which is disappointing. He used to be King-lite, but now he's just another striker. :/

NT80

LMAO no joke, these combos are insane. The most egregious one got nerfed, but he's still a beast.

I still miss his grapple game though. That's nearly gone. He plays completely different from how I used him in previous Tekkens, which is disappointing. He used to be King-lite, but now he's just another striker. :/
His grapple game hasn't gone anywhere and in this system and with his ridiculous wakeup options it's even stronger.

Top Bottom