• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Guitar Hero 3 Setlist

Vexidus

Mojovonio said:
Possibly the worst In Flames song too...

Ordinary Story PLZ.

Yeah, that's kind of unfortunate about Take This Life.. I would rather have something like My Sweet Shadow, playing that would be amazing!

FFChris

XSX said:
wtf? Why isen't there any Harcore music instead, we get a bunch of nu-metal shit like metallica/dragonforce/afi/slipknot, and other garbage. Killswitch Engage is the only thing that comes close and even then it's still bad.

Ugh.

Maybe because no one wants to listen to that?

Mr. Pointy said:
Apparently, it's fake. According to Scorehero mods, the final encore is something that hasn't been customed or been talked about for wishlists before.

Also, Velvet Revolver, Atreyu, etc. aren't on this list. It's a good list otherwise.
what he said.

the only way I could believe this is real is if all of the songs that have been confirmed to be in the game that aren't in this list are part of the first wave of DLC. But then that would suck as I'm not paying money for Atreyu
(a heavy metal Hoobastank :p)

Dina

sevenchaos said:
No Blind Guardian. No sale.

Mwoh, BG is awesome, but I can live without it. There's some wrong choices though, especially when you can work with bands like In Flames en Aerosmith. Where is The Quiet Place? Or Pinball Map?

Also, give Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath) - Heaven & Hell. Give it now.

XSX

Flynn said:
Metallica is thrash.
Dragonforce is power metal.

Isn't is spelled "isn't."
Hardcore is spelled "hardcore."

Have a good evening.

Diden't say it wasen't but there all in the nu-metal group, those kids that wear like handcuffs and shit, and push mosh at shows. It's fun to spit on them though.

luir

Banned
The Killers- When You Were Young
:D
very nice, always wanted the killers in GH/RB
it's good to have different styles in the game

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
XSX said:
Diden't say it wasen't but there all in the nu-metal group, those kids that wear like handcuffs and shit, and push mosh at shows. It's fun to spit on them though.

"Didn't"
"Wasn't"

koam

LakeEarth said:
I love how people are still talking about this setlist as if it weren't fake.

Thank god.

It also doesn't make sense to me that they'd snag the rights for nirvana and foo fighters and in part 3, they have neither. I know the song is brand new, but "The Pretender" would be perfect for GH.

Edit: Also, mods change the damn title, i was going to pass on the game cause of the fake list, i would have never bothered to check again for a real one.

Jirotrom

LakeEarth said:
I'd prefer they lock it, although the official song list so far imo is better than any GH released so I'm still there day 1.

FFChris

XSX said:

You are an idiot.

Kewk

Banned
LakeEarth said:

I love how people still think it is fake because songs that have not officially been announced are not in the setlist.

Baker

Banned
Didn't read thread, but holy shit at Cliffs of Dover.

It looks legit, but I really don't understand why Cherub Rock is in Tier 6. That was one of the first five songs I learned on guitar in the 90s.

Gowans

I wish the guys would just confirm or Deny this.

Im waiting for that last tier!!!!

Also in related news, Im going to bet for real.

Looks like a MS guy (launch Team tag) has been playing without his status set to offline and some songs have been revealed.

http://www.the360forum.com/other-games/19591-new-guitar-hero-iii-song.html

(playing on easy too, tisk tisk!)

newsong.jpg

nothersong.jpg

aiuk.jpg

ehic.jpg

sosad.jpg

bsnshine.jpg

monsters.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
gcubed said:
looking at this set list makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class
I simply refused to. Hell, my teacher even let me sit behind a net while the other kids pummeled each other to death during Murder Ball.

I hate when these lists come out unconfirmed. It gets my hopes up. I'll take it with a grain of sugar and wait for an official posting.

Is it still coming October 28th? And will it allow use of my current controller? If so, I am so there. If not, I am still so there.

And I'll be there again when Rock Band comes out too. There's no law that says we can't buy both.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=263473

The Activision Press Release the other day about the # of DLC songs sold said this:

"The sequel also will offer a vast array of downloadable content including songs from some of the most popular European bands."

Which I can only assume means these songs announced at Leipzig:

Minus Celsius (by Backyard Babies)

Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen)

In the Belly of a Shark (by Gallows)

I'm in the Band (by The Hellacopters)

Avalancha (by Heroes Del Silencio)

Take This Life (by In Flames)

Ruby (by Kaiser Chiefs)

Closer (by Lacuna Coil)

Generation Rock (by Revolverheld)

Mauvais Garcon (by NAAST)

Radio Song (by Superbus)

"Kool Thing" By Sonic Youth
"The Seeker" By The Who
"Anarchy in the U.K." By The Sex Pistols.
"Easy Holiday In Cambodia" By Dead Kennedys
"Same Old Song And Dance" By Aerosmith
"Black Sunshine" By White Zombie
"Monsters" By MatchBox Romance
huh. well I know someone who is losing access to GHIII soon. :lol

LakeEarth

Kewk said:
I love how people still think it is fake because songs that have not officially been announced are not in the setlist.
No I think its fake cause Scorehero says its fake. Considering they've played the game and were asked by Neversoft for their opinion on timing and note charts, I'm willing to believe they're right about it.

those gamercard pics are pretty conclusive...those six seven songs are more than likely confirmed, especially since I saw on Score Hero that the game is 100% final as of Sep 02:
ImaCarrot said:
Almost time to get a hold of the game, but the conference room I was supposed to play in was occupied with a meeting. No worries, they set me up near the hardware guys, gave me a prototype Les Paul and popped in the retail version of the game. That's right, the full, retail version of the game that we are all going to be shoveling our money towards sometime in October (near the end, around the 28th or so would be a good bet ).
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25154

Sin

I'm really considering getting GHIII over Rock Band for the simple fact that Slash is in there. I'm a huge fan of his'. I gotta rant though, yes I love Welcome to the Jungle, such an iconic GN'R song, but Slash has such better guitar work on the lesser known songs on the Use Your Illusion albums that its not even funny. I'd love if they tried to use some of those.

Anyway, great setlist, I'll have to get this. >.<

BboyDubC

"Kool Thing" By Sonic Youth
"The Seeker" By The Who
"Anarchy in the U.K." By The Sex Pistols.
"Same Old Song And Dance" By Aerosmith
"Black Sunshine" By White Zombie
"Monsters" By MatchBox Romance

Looks like Scorehero is just trying to protect their own butts by calling it fake. The list is clearly real since everyone of these songs that the MS person was playing are ALSO listed in the leaked list. None of these were even announced. So that leaves one to say that if the list IS fake, how many songs did they freakin fake? Like 5? Clearly they have inside info and the list is legit.

Edit: Also great to see that they got SERIOUS with Pearl Jam. Even Flow is one of their best songs. That song + The Metal by Tenacious D make this the game to get over Rock Band (I don't want to hear anyone singing songs I'm playing other than the artist or a GOOD cover, and their list seems rock "lite").

Gowans

LakeEarth said:
No I think its fake cause Scorehero says its fake. Considering they've played the game and were asked by Neversoft for their opinion on timing and note charts, I'm willing to believe they're right about it.

Lake I see your point but I'm of the other opinion.

Just from some of the info and screens I just down think they are faked.

How about a bet?

If I'm wring I'll take a photo of me wearing nothing but a pink thong, tu tu and princess wand holding a sign saying LakeEarth is the king of gaf.

If your wrong you do the same????

Gonna put your dignity on it?

XSX

HORSE the band - Cutsman should be on there. It's the best Nintendocore song ever.

It's about the megaman character btw.

Jirotrom

Gowans007 said:

How about a bet?

If I'm wring I'll take a photo of me whering nothing but a pink thong, tut tut and princess wand holding a sign saying LakeEarth is the king of gaf.

Oh shit, thats hardcore... :lol :lol

Gowans007 said:

How about a bet?

If I'm wring I'll take a photo of me whering nothing but a pink thong, tut tut and princess wand holding a sign saying LakeEarth is the king of gaf.

holy fucking shit

best bet ever

Gowans

:lol :lol :lol

yeah im that sure, gota be the the ScoreHero thing is a big thorn in its side. (im gona go for they are coving there arses theory)

if im wrong man the crow will be BITTER!

But if Im right I cant wait to see the legendary pic.

Lake? anyone?

robochimp

So are they going to be using the N word or just cutting out a whole section of the song

FF_VIII

Banned
Sin said:
I'm really considering getting GHIII over Rock Band for the simple fact that Slash is in there. I'm a huge fan of his'. I gotta rant though, yes I love Welcome to the Jungle, such an iconic GN'R song, but Slash has such better guitar work on the lesser known songs on the Use Your Illusion albums that its not even funny. I'd love if they tried to use some of those.

Anyway, great setlist, I'll have to get this. >.<

Agree. Perfect example is "Estranged" Killer solos.

Gowans007 said:

How about a bet?

If I'm wring I'll take a photo of me wearing nothing but a pink thong, tu tu and princess wand holding a sign saying LakeEarth is the king of gaf.

Gowans007
Has the worst ideas ever
:lol

will be a more interesting bet than a ban, that's for sure.

zsidane

FF_VIII said:
Yep. Even if Estranged is a little bit "too much" (the Axl Rose "touch"). Coma is another good example.
Oh, and It's Five O'Clock Somewhere is a true fucking rock album!

Charles

FF_VIII said:

I dream about playing Estranged on Guitar Hero, seriously, but it'll never hapen.

zsidane said:
Yep. Even if Estranged is a little bit "too much" (the Axl Rose "touch"). Coma is another good example.

Yea, Coma would be great, as would Shotgun Blues, Double Talkin' Jive, Don't Damn Me, Back Off Bitch, The Garden (my favorite Slash solo).

zsidane said:

Its a good album but would love to play Serial Killer from Ain't Life Grand on Guitar Hero, great song.

Glad there's people with good rock music taste in here.

Sin

Charles said:
Originally Posted by FF_VIII:

I dream about playing Estranged on Guitar Hero, seriously, but it'll never hapen.

Originally Posted by zsidane:

Yea, Coma would be great, as would Shotgun Blues, Double Talkin' Jive, Don't Damn Me, Back Off Bitch, The Garden (my favorite Slash solo).

Originally Posted by zsidane:

Its a good album but would love to play Serial Killer from Ain't Life Grand on Guitar Hero, great song.

Gah, that was me, didn't realise I was logged in with my roommate's username. >.<

zsidane

Sin said:
Because it's +9mn...

You really do have good tastes :)

You're definitely one of them.

Top Bottom