• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Halo 4 Gameplay

shuri

Banned
Super fake, suspicious OP is suspicious. "you found that vid", RIGHT!

The youtube account was created yesterday; no other real activity on it; and it was legit, it would had been taken down already, Bungie is pretty hardcore about this.

edit: also cant find any activity on the net about a so called group called 'vhs-release'; i only get mentions of it on gaming sites discussing the news.

Fuck off with your marketing.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

The youtube account was created yesterday; no other real activity on it; and it was legit, it would had been taken down already, Bungie is pretty hardcore about this.

Are you suggesting the actual footage is fake?

And Bungie has absolutely no connection to Halo 4.

Why would Bungie care? :p

OP isnt suspicious lol, and are you really surprised the guy who leaked it only made the youtube account yesterday? I found it more odd how the Twitter account he is associated to has been around for ages. I would be too nervous that I left a trail of info back to me to use an existing account if I was going to leak something...

edit: also cant find any activity on the net about a so called group called 'vhs-release'; i only get mentions of it on gaming sites discussing the news.

Not sure if serious.

This post is almost as insane as the video but not nearly as funny.

ZZMitch

Wow, that was interesting. What were all those random names at the beginning and end? I love how the guy put up pieces of paper as backdrops for them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Holy shit, really? :golfclap

Also: I really hope the spawn w/ shotgun thing is a hoax.

Spawnling

I find it hilariously entertaining that we can discuss these things over on this forum, but anywhere else like Bungie.net or Halo.xbox.com you'd get instantly banned for it.

GrizzNKev

Banned

lol

If you had any knowledge of the history of leaks for the other Halo games you'd realize that not only is this real, but it's fucking hilarious. It's not marketing, but it is definitely a joke in some form.

Bombadil

Banned
There is a pretty long delay between the time that the player attacks opponents with the sword and the time their bodies react to being hit by the sword.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There is a pretty long delay between the time that the player attacks opponents with the sword and the time their bodies react to being hit by the sword.
Network lag already. Halo 4 worse than Halo 2 confirmed. Microsoft to jettison 343i, hand Halo off to Rare. Someone tweet Kotaku, stat!

Yeah, no.

While the whole thing is suspect, none of the guys who posted here are part of it. Allegedly, this was pulled off the marketplace via modding. Its an internal beta. They just decided to share it in a particularly strange way, likely half for laughs and half to cover their tracks.

TheOddOne

Never change Shane. Smh.

ibnZQMCftyR4H0.png

image.php

Yeah, in my OP I said I found the video.

Sorry for the poor picture quality guys, Cyren's barn leaves much to be desired.

Kinyou

uhno...ifgfd.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that it was taped over a DS9 episode clearly incriminates Dax.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Another potential leak source.

As i said before i was going to post this in the regs, but I'm giving it to you instead because i am not active anymore or know anything about the forum. You can completely ignore it, edit it, or full out copy and paste it to the H4 discussion if you think it's best.

cheers
\name removed by request/

Two nights at 12am I got a text from a good buddy of mine about how he got a beta trial for halo 4. I head over to his house an assume it's bullshit, but given that his dad works for Microsoft i let it slide and see what's up. Lo and behold, he has a working online beta of halo 4. If you google "halo 4" beta you'll see almost nothing about the release that happened last night or even youtube. The beta will be happening over the next week with a different playlist every day. I'm putting this in the regs cause this sounds very hush hush from his father and the ID's running across the screen at all times.

So for the breakdown of it. It was a single map Capture the Flag that my friends played over and over the entire night. First off lets start with the controls. I play bumper jumper and everything was shot to hell. Left trigger was now deploy equipment and grenade was now X. Sprint was A and change grenade was up on the D pad. Everything else was the same. The whole aspect of bumper jumper and not taking your thumbs off the sticks for the most important things(i.e grenades) is completely lost in the new layout.

Next let's talk about the loadouts. It is now similar to COD in the fact that you spawn with your weapons and almost none of them are on the map. You get 1 main weapon (AR, BR, DMR, shotty or Carbine) and 1 secondary (pistol, plasma pistol) and 3 customizable tactical/equipment options. I will try my best to remember all of them but no promises that I did not forget any. The choices are a auto turret, a field of view vision enhancement that sees through walls and objects to detect enemies, 2 main weapons(my personal favorite), faster shield recharge, a shield that deflects small damage, being able to use your radar when scoped in and a jetpack. Personally, I can't remember what goes in which category but we usually used the auto turret and 2 main weapons with DMR and BR. Also, sprint is now available in classes with the A button on bumper jumper. Now for the breakdown of the weapons, the BR is badass at medium range where at long to very long range the DMR is hands down the best one out of them. On the map, weapons drop down such as the needler, sniper and spartan laser at designated points instead of spawning. It seems like the sniper has the least auto aim out of any of the halos(1, 2 3 and reach) and is harder to use. With the auto turret, it seemed best to use it when someone was chasing you down around corners when you were one shot.

sorry if that shit is scattered and all over the place but if i remember more/ i go over and play some more i'll be sure to write more up.

Oh, and it was downloaded through XBL and is called "xbox dashboard" in his quickplay games so if you see anyone spending a lot of time in the dashboard, they could be in the beta.

I just get this feeling of emptiness any time I watch a video involving Halo 4. It is like it is designed to be Halo minus the soul and with less going on at once. I can't really put my finger on it but I wish the vids looked a little busier if you know what I mean.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just get this feeling of emptiness any time I watch a video involving Halo 4. It is like it is designed to be Halo minus the soul and with less going on at once.
Since most of the vids that have been released have been 1v1 with very staged action sequences, I can see why you might feel like that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

"So for the breakdown of it. It was a single map Capture the Flag that my friends played over and over the entire night. First off lets start with the controls. I play bumper jumper and everything was shot to hell. Left trigger was now deploy equipment and grenade was now X. Sprint was A and change grenade was up on the D pad. Everything else was the same. The whole aspect of bumper jumper and not taking your thumbs off the sticks for the most important things(i.e grenades) is completely lost in the new layout. "

My comment was made in jest, for the most part. I'm not a fan of left trigger not throwing nades if that info is true.

Top Bottom