• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Halo 4 Gameplay

Conor 419

Banned
Network lag already. Halo 4 worse than Halo 2 confirmed. Microsoft to jettison 343i, hand Halo off to Rare. Someone tweet Kotaku, stat!

Oh man would I be pissed if there's lag, especially considering they stated that Halo 4's networking was near perfect.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Oh man would I be pissed if there's lag, especially considering they stated that Halo 4's networking was near perfect.

What kind of expectations do you have? Of course there's going to be lag. Unless you use dedicated servers and every player is using some kind of laser based fibre optic connection it's a reality you'll have to accept.

It's a 2012 console game using P2P. There will be lag no matter what.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

The guy is playing out of a barn, on a TV from the 80s, and recording with god knows what.

I am sure if there was lag, his connection (or more likely some guy down the streets connection) was to blame.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
at least Rare knows how to put in bots.

Drop in drop out is fine, fuck bots. Last thing I need is a team of bots 5 shotting me with DMR/BRs and 1 shooting me with a sniper while not even looking at me.

The fact that it was taped over a DS9 episode clearly incriminates Dax.

I immediately though this when I saw it, all of HaloGAF had to have had that revelation, all it needed was a post card with Ghaleon's address on it and the door knob from Bungie's studio.

Conor 419

Banned
What kind of expectations do you have? Of course there's going to be lag. Unless you use dedicated servers and every player is using some kind of laser based fibre optic connection it's a reality you'll have to accept.

It's a 2012 console game using P2P. There will be lag no matter what.

I should have been clearer, I meant frequent and noticeable lag that's pretty widespread.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There is a pretty long delay between the time that the player attacks opponents with the sword and the time their bodies react to being hit by the sword.
Network lag already. Halo 4 worse than Halo 2 confirmed. Microsoft to jettison 343i, hand Halo off to Rare. Someone tweet Kotaku, stat!
It's cool brahs their P2P network is super smoothie. We don't need dedi's fam, it'd only make it worse.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, if they mess up bumper jumper... I'm gonna be pretty pissed. Can't wait for solid details.

I immediately though this when I saw it, all of HaloGAF had to have had that revelation, all it needed was a post card with Ghaleon's address on it and the door knob from Bungie's studio.
Heheh

I don't even know what a VHS is...

!B+Qh3+!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!i!EzLKYclTPBM+DZ,H+d!~~_3.JPG

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we're gonna get the new names for Warhouse and Wraparound at E3.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Didn't something like this happen a long time ago with Halo 2 or 3?

Some guy was internally testing the beta, his kid gets his hands on it and leaks it or something like that?

Halo 4 Beta announcement coming at E3.

Danny 117

Didn't something like this happen a long time ago with Halo 2 or 3?

Some guy was internally testing the beta, his kid gets his hands on it and leaks it or something like that?

Halo 4 Beta announcement coming at E3.

That was the Halo 3 "Epsilon" IIRC

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Halo 4 Beta :(

Right, so I think it's pretty clear that this is an intentional leak.

It's quite funny with the VHS tape and barn yard and whatnot, but definitely intentional.

If this was a real leak, that youtube link would have gone down within an hour.

Right, so I think it's pretty clear that this is an intentional leak.

It's quite funny with the VHS tape and barn yard and whatnot, but definitely intentional.

If this was a real leak, that youtube link would have gone down within an hour.

As someone said before, this wouldn't be an intentional leak with some of the words the dude says in the video.

Dug

Banned
...wait, THIS is actually Halo 4 footage? HAhahahaha I thought it was just a parody of leak video's. who leaked this?!

...wait, THIS is actually Halo 4 footage? HAhahahaha I thought it was just a parody of leak video's. who leaked this?!

Haha yes, thats the hilarious part. I bet a bunch of people come in here and were like...nahh, not watching this, its fake.. But if you can stomach it, it is like 9minutes of pure halo 4 gameplay, in a fucking barn.

And it seems modders pulled it from XBL.

It's so blurry and hard to watch they might no care. Besides, we'll get to see tons of legit stuff a week from tomorrow.

Have these companies ever decided they didn't care because of the quality of a leak? Generally it's "is leak, is bad"

If it is real, this is probably the coolest leak ever. Really funny stuff!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Certainly looks like split second shots of killcams.
Killcams, followed by instant respawns. On one hand, this offers a strategic choice: do you sit and watch the kill cam to glean intel, or do you instant respawn and go on the offensive? But on the other hand it's just totally going to suck. Get this shit out of my Halo.

Edit : And to not sound like a totally negative little puke, the things I did like from the video: fast movement speed, fast weapon switching, and the railgun looks cool.

Eh, I have always wanted a game winning kill cam in Halo, Halo will have some hilarious and amazing happenings to make it epic..I hope its in.

Also, yeah the speed of the combat looked real nice, honestly the game looked fun from what I could see, which tbh wasn't much, haha.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just to add something:

If 343 has been implementing feature parity with previous halos,they may be already collecting data for event viewer

If they are, they could basically search through game logs based on kills and where they are and with what weapons and connect the dots with other kills

Since beta participation is very low .. They might have already given themselves up lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I have always wanted a game winning kill cam in Halo, Halo will have some hilarious and amazing happenings to make it epic..I hope its in.

Also, yeah the speed of the combat looked real nice, honestly the game looked fun from what I could see, which tbh wasn't much, haha.
I'd be okay with a winning kill cam. I just don't want one after each kill. Another way to cheapen situational awareness and the skill gap.

Tellaerin

Keep bots far, far away from Halo.

Yeah, heaven forbid some of us actually get to play multiplayer matches any time we want, day or night, without worrying about lag, map selection, or whether or not we're going to end up stuck playing with a bunch of dicks. Yeah, bots hurt the experience so much. Far better to force people to play with a bunch of randoms if their friends aren't around/aren't interested in playing, and let 'em hope for the best! *rolleyes*

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I watched this when the thread first came up, and it was hilarious. Had to leave and only got back home now. Whoever put that together deserves a round of applause, seriously.

Even more hilarious is the fact that people would insinuate that Microsoft of all companies would allow something with such language to be released under their name - you must be kidding me.

Top Bottom