• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the ratings only become middling, it won't matter.
The series is a huge money maker from the merchandising alone.
i know they originally planned three season but wans;t because the merchandise sales were low that TLA ended?

SPOILER PICSPOILERS
wow, wonder if it's a dream sequence or something and it can;t be aang, since aang had brown eyes.

Hartt951

aangs other son, bumi, is very dark skinned
MORE LEAKED PICTURE SPOLIERS
Oh okay, thanks for the info, my next guess would have to be:
Definitely a dream. Someone earlier mentioned it must me Tenzin's nightmare because the text reads, "I am your father" so I'm gonna jump on that theory

CrazyDude

LEAKED PICTURE SPOILERS. DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

My first thought, assuming it's real, is that it is NOT Aang. Obviously it cannot be him since Korra is alive. Rather, it must be Aan's oldest son. IIRC Tenzin was the only bender out of Aang's sons

This is Aangs other son.

Bumi_%28non-bender%29.png

Arment

Pic spoiler
Certainly seems real enough. It's not Aang though. Otherwise Korra wouldn't be the Avatar. If it's real and Amon is an air bender, then it's probably a new character entirely.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks fake, the art style is off.

Lines are too sharp etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
EDIT: On second thought that was my imagination talking.

Tuck

How does the person in this possible Amon picture have a beard...? The mask wouldn't hide that. Also the shadow, as someone pointed out, looks weird. I'm calling fake or altered.

jdogmoney

Pic looks fake. Don't bother.

I've been going back and forth between TLA and LOK, and I think I'm starting to have a preference for TLA's artstyle. The slightly more "cartoony" look seems to animate better, at least from what I've seen so far. It's probably different in HD. Korra's choreography (Korra-ography?) is better, and the action sequences are much tighter and more polished, but I think when it comes to the general "look" of the two series I prefer TLA. Am I taking crazy pills?

How does the person in this possible Amon picture have a beard...? The mask wouldn't hide that. Also the shadow, as someone pointed out, looks weird. I'm calling fake or altered.
you sure you not confusing that burn on the side of his face for a shadow?

MORE LEAKED PICTURE SPOLIERS
Oh okay, thanks for the info, my next guess would have to be:
Definitely a dream. Someone earlier mentioned it must me Tenzin's nightmare because the text reads, "I am your father" so I'm gonna jump on that theory

Yeah I'd bet this to.

Violet_0

Banned
I could, but, my PB album is private and I don't think a link would work. There has to be another way. I don't want to spoil.

upload them to imgur (for example), then post the link

that leaked pic looks legit to me (or it's a very convincing fake). I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turns out to be true.

this thread is going down South fast

rexor0717

I've been going back and forth between TLA and LOK, and I think I'm starting to have a preference for TLA's artstyle. The slightly more "cartoony" look seems to animate better, at least from what I've seen so far. It's probably different in HD. Korra's choreography (Korra-ography?) is better, and the action sequences are much tighter and more polished, but I think when it comes to the general "look" of the two series I prefer TLA. Am I taking crazy pills?

I'm not going to say your wrong, but I vastly prefer the visuals of Korra to TLA. It just so smooth and crisp.

Mumei

I don't think you are. There's stuff that Korra unquestionably does better, but I definitely have a soft spot for TLA's aesthetic, too.

jdogmoney

Still talking about the spoiler pic, which still looks a bit off to me.

Wait a minute...just because the same mask is there doesn't necessarily mean it's Amon. What if it's (Person who taught Amon chiblocking), who handed the mask down as a momento?

Ridli

Hmm, I don't suppose we happen to know what time of year it is in Korra-time do we? I'm curious if we're due for some solstice shenanigans.

Jintor

Can someone time capsule that image for when it's proven wrong so I can see what it is when it's safely a bullshot? Or alternatively if it's true but proven true. You know what I mean.

Still talking about the spoiler pic, which still looks a bit off to me.

Wait a minute...just because the same mask is there doesn't necessarily mean it's Amon. What if it's (Person who taught Amon chiblocking), who handed the mask down as a momento?

It goes with a theory I posted earlier in this thread,
Amon was Aang's student. And it was Aang that Amon learned Spirit bending from. Maybe he got his Mask from Aang also?

CrazyDude

It goes with a theory I posted earlier in this thread,
Amon was Aang's student. And it was Aang that Amon learned Spirit bending from. Maybe he got his Mask from Aang also?

That might be why Tenzin looked uneasy when Korra talked about taking away bending. He probably knew somebody who was taught spirit bending.

I'm bailing out too. Even the discussion saying how 'it can't be real because ______' is ruining the surprise for me.

I never really discussed anything in here, just lurked, but I will miss you all(until the next episode!)

Yeah that picture has to be fake.

Picture Spoilers:
Aang would never be missing teeth. All heroes know to brush.
Also avatars not working that way and such.

To me, the animation in Korra blows away anything in TLA. It's just crisper and more fluid. I also prefer the setting.

suzu

I haven't seen the pic and I don't plan to, but I'm guessing it's about Amon's face, no?

Yeah.

--

I never thought of the fake pic as possibly true.
For some reason I just assumed he'd be around 30s-40s years old. Not a really old guy.

SO i guess that's about it for the Mako x Korra pairing.

http://i.minus.com/ib5Ur2Bf4haLg.png

The creators definitely like to harass the shippers.

STILL MIGHT BE SPOILERS, BUT IT LOOKS FAKE. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This pretty much disproves that the picture is fake.
http://likeablenonsense.tumblr.com/post/21803422955/so-a-picture-has-surfaced-on-the-internet

Disproves that the picture is fake = it proves it is real.

I clicked expecting something entirely different thanks to that typo of yours.

fake as hell where are the burn's on his face? I think he being trustful about things, just going about it the wrong way

its more of a fight of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom