• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I started going through the tumblr, and at first everything seemed pretty nice. Then I started to read the shipping conversations...oh god, my eyes.

Tuck

Fuck, Aang and Sokka do not look happy in those pictures. For those who haven't seen, there is an 8 minute clip of the next episode on that website. The flashback is only a few seconds long, and has no dialogue. Hints at something important. At this point, I doubt Amon is anyone we know. But it does seem like he is someone related to Adult Aang in some way.

Omikaru

Mwhahahahahaha!

There is no laughing gif big enough to express my pleasure at this. The shippers will go nuts. I personally don't care for in-series romances, so long as they're not ridiculous. I just love to see meltdowns, like the Zutara crowd saying the last episode of ATLA is shit because they didn't get the kiss they wanted, and so on.

As for the other spoilers (warning, real leaked pic spoilers this time) like seeing
all the adult characters from ATLA
. Yes! :D

I'm not watching that 7 minute clip though, because even that's too many spoilers for me (plus it's region locked :[ ).

Trey

Good to see that people just keep posting about spoilers without spoiler tags.

I still don't believe it untill they actually state it on the show.

Damn, I knew my comment on Mako's excellent hairline was pushing the boundary.

Same.

Omikaru

Good to see that people just keep posting about spoilers without spoiler tags.
Guilty as charged. Got a little ahead of myself there. Edited the post appropriately.

We really need a set-in-stone spoiler policy for this thread. Where's the OP or a mod to put something into the OP when you need them?

I just found this non-spoiler image floating about. Gotta admit, I love the Amon comedian meme.

tumblr_m30o0uclpX1qkzni7o1_400.png

would a spoiler thread be too crazy?

I'm not sure how off topic handles stuff like this for shows but it works alright for games most of the time.

CoolS

Guilty as charged. Got a little ahead of myself there. Edited the post appropriately.

We really need a set-in-stone spoiler policy for this thread. Where's the OP or a mod to put something into the OP when you need them?

We really need to enforce this ASAP. It can't be that people are so careless with stuff like that in here.

I'm not sure how off topic handles stuff like this for shows but it works alright for games most of the time.
I'd say we don't need one as long as people use the spoiler tags and mark them accordingly. Omikaru described it pretty good:

As for spoilers in general, I'm all for a spoiler policy added to the OP.

My two cents on how it should be:

- All media from non-aired episodes (officially released or otherwise), whether that be pictures or clips, should only be linked to with a bolded spoiler warning. If the actual URL has spoilers in it, just hide it behind some text, like so.
- As for text spoilers, obviously use the spoiler tags, but be sure to state outside of the spoiler tags, as vaguely as possible, what the spoiler is about. Eg: Episode 3 spoilers:
Amon can firebend?!?
Or: Here's a spoiler from that leaked pic:
Korra and Bolin kiss! LOLz to you shippers!
(in both cases, I've not actually used real spoilers).

I'd comment on when you can post unmarked spoilers (say, after an episode has aired), but I don't know what the GAF standard practice is. Is there a spoiler tag policy for a day or two after an episode has first aired, so people who recorded on their DVR or need to wait for an iTunes download (like myself) can catch up, or is it just free reign once it's officially out there?

After it airs, it should be alright to talk about it in the open, but before that new stuff should be put in spoiler tags.

gdt

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I really shouldn't have clicked any of those pics. Just saw the 3rd episode, great stuff.

KillGore

fake as hell where are the burn's on his face? I think he being trustful about things, just going about it the wrong way

its more of a fight of ideas

Things like these need to be hidden with the spoiler tag. I haven't seen the picture and I can already imagine who you're talking about lol

marrec

Banned

I don't think we need a spoiler thread because then we split the community. Our fanbase isn't as large as something like GOT that can support 3 different threads.

Haha, right?

So Korra's got some competition! Didn't see that coming. Jealous Korra will be hilarious, I know it.

the path was clear though when she was revealed especially when we realized she's a massive fan of probending and never misses a game. Now the ships are ready for war :p

I just found this non-spoiler image floating about. Gotta admit, I love the Amon comedian meme.

tumblr_m30o0uclpX1qkzni7o1_400.png

Yea i'm finding this meme funny right now (the last pic is what always gets me LOL)

My inner masochist is grinning. Dear God in heaven holy shit!

SokkaxToph confirmed?

Korra got's compettion?

Mako possibly returning the feelings?

Sokka being a fucking MAN?!

Oh my god, this will set the internet on fire. Glorious I say. GLORIOUS!!!!

Omikaru

We really need to enforce this ASAP. It can't be that people are so careless with stuff like that in here.

Here's a draft I've put together on spoiler policy from feedback:

- The following spoiler rules apply to anything that hasn't been aired as part of a complete episode.

- All media from non-aired episodes (officially released or otherwise), whether that be pictures or clips, should only be linked to with a bolded spoiler warning. If the actual URL has spoilers in it, just hide it behind some text, like so. Eg: Here's a spoiler video! Here's a spoiler image! (In both examples I've not used real spoilers, so click away!) Important: Do not use IMG tags for spoiler pics.

- As for text spoilers, obviously use the spoiler tags, but be sure to state outside of the spoiler tags, as vaguely as possible, what the spoiler is about. Eg: Episode 3 spoilers:
Amon can firebend?!?
Or: Here's a spoiler from that leaked pic:
Korra and Bolin kiss! LOLz to you shippers!
(Again, in both cases I've not actually used real spoilers!)

I also suggest we keep spoiler posts separate from non-spoiler posts. That way, people who want to only discuss stuff that's aired don't quote a post with both non-spoiler and spoiler discussion, inadvertently spoiling themselves. Though I don't know how people will react to the increase in double posting if that happens, so I'm only suggesting it at this point. Thoughts?

And even if we agree on these, we need the OP or a mod to enforce these by putting them in the OP. That way nobody has an excuse when they break them...

And it looks like the reason for these pics is that a certain episode coming this saturday got leaked (in pieces) and possibly the one after that.

Apparently the episode leaked. I'll take a look if it's true. Oh boy

Supposedly its just the beginning and the ending with the middle missing. Also its claimed 5 is also leaked as well

god damn its getting serious with these leaks.

CoolS

Careful, that kind of thing is looked down upon by mods. Might want to edit.

You quoted me now anyway. Plus, the link to the leak is basically on this page ^^

Oh shiiiiit. But if anyone watches it now, the wait for Episode 5 will be that much more agonising. I think I'll pass and catch it in HD when it's officially out.

Konietzko's reaction...

I loled at that pic ^^ Oh and the leak is in HD as far as I can tell

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
NTR, in my western cartoon?

It's more likely than you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom