• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlcsnap-2012-04-28-1286x15.png

But, again, she's like 6 foot tall with a full figure and, what? 17? Her size is very proportional.
Ty Lee, on the other hand, was fairly small, not to mention younger, and yet she was stacked.

Ridli

Wait where is it stated that Korra is 6'? Tenzin is the tallest of the characters we've met so far and he's definately got plenty of height on her, and I don't think he's necessarily a super giant.

Wait where is it stated that Korra is 6'? Tenzin is the tallest of the characters we've met so far and he's definately got plenty of height on her, and I don't think he's necessarily a super giant.

Kyoshi was the tallest avatar, it was said.
And Korra nearly comes up to her.
So, inference is that she is certainly close to 6 feet.

ruPCo.jpg

wildfire

Banned
I like this gif that i found on another forum.

Classic.

God, this series got darker than A:tLA pretty fast. I let out a nervous, confused laugh when the credits slammed up after the intense-ass ending. Can't wait for next week.

I was uncomfortable when the task force raid went down. At the end of the day they are actively suppressing fellow citizens who wanted to learn something that evens the playing field.

If the raid had occurred at a training session to incite anarchy or to harm something specific I wouldn't have a problem with it.

shira

Episode 4 was easily my least favorite of all the episodes so far. I only care about two plotlines so far and it's Korra learning airbending and how everyone interacts with Amon. Sadly, there was no airbending to be had in this episode and they saved all the Amon goodness for the very last parts of the episode. That said, Korra's break down actually sparked some emotion from me and was actually moving. I get that they have to introduce some characters and what not but i'm not too interested in Bolin and Mako right now. And since probending does nothing for me i'm not looking forward to next week's episode either.
Ya, not sure why they need filler episodes with a limited run.

Ya, not sure why they need filler episodes with a limited run.

This was far from filler. It was two fold:

1. Setting up a deeper plotline involving Sato and Asumi.

2. Showing that Korra is not the bad ass she appears to be.

While I don't think that's meant to be an exact scale, I appreciate that you showed your work!

Even if not exactly to scale, Korra is definitely not a small girl like Ty Lee was. So again, I really think her size is proportional.

Aren't a good amount of people shown in this show are taller than Korra? if she's 6 ft tall that just feels so weird to me, kinda doubt it. I'd say the heights/sizes in that opening aren't necessarily to scale.

karby

I...I missed it. :(

Is there anywhere I can watch this series online? I loved A:TLA, but I'm not a tv person at all. I can barely remember which channels I have...hell, I don't even know if I get channels anymore, to be honest.

edit: nevermind, I found a place.

I...I missed it. :(

Is there anywhere I can watch this series online? I loved A:TLA, but I'm not a tv person at all. I can barely remember which channels I have...hell, I don't even know if I get channels anymore, to be honest.

Nick will have it on their website later today so you could go there but be warned the video will be IP blocked. (so US/CAN only).

You could buy the eps from iTunes or Amazon instant video although they apparently will go up tomorrow.

Did I just see
Aang, Toph and Sokka?

Yes.

Omikaru

Does anyone have a link to the latest preview that airs at the end of the episode? I don't get to see them on account of watching the show through iTunes. :(

Okay, I may be stupid, but what is a shipper and why are they called shippers?
Shippers are emotionally-unhinged individuals who find a character they fancy, and then wish for that character to have a relationship with another character whom they've projected their own personality onto.

See above for why they're called that. :)

Gui_PT

Yes,
Aang and Sokka
look so badass, while
Toph
looks pretty meh (IMO)

Why are we hiding this? the episode aired already

You're hiding that because people might not have seen yet.

Some people might not know when it airs and it'd suck for them to come in here and be spoiled

jdogmoney

Sweet Christmas I like this show.

Prediction:
Mako's storyline is going to focus on who his father was. Amon's backstory is going to involve the bad guy they mentioned being around fourty-some odd years ago. These two threads are going to be SUPER entwined. Like, double helix entwined.

Shouta

Episode was great, the show is really hitting it in all the right places. The VA for Korra was great too at the end.

KillGore

Some people might not know when it airs and it'd suck for them to come in here and be spoiled

I believe the rules were that if the episode airs, it was okay to post it without the spoiler shadow. Besides, I believe the OP has the hour that airs.

Edit: Yep, it does. Even the date.

Episode was great, the show is really hitting it in all the right places. The VA for Korra was great too at the end.

Amon's voice is amazing as well. Steve Blum is such a genius at voice acting. Tenzin's is great too (IMO).

Satch

Banned
Asami is the SS Ship Destroyer. I stan for her. I want to make catty gifs of her.

Also yessss @ Korra unlocking her first chakra. Let's goooooooooo

Violet_0

Banned

they probably shouldn't read the thread then - no need for spoiler tags after the episode aired (seems to be the general rule in all TV show discussions)

Omikaru

I was very surprised at Korra having her first spiritual experience so early on. I thought they'd be saving the spiritual side until the end of the season/Book 2. We still haven't seen her airbend (well, blow some air), unless you count being the leaf as airbending. :)

I get the feeling that Korra won't be doing any of that until Tenzin has to display his airbending awesomeness against some Equalist drones, who probably aren't as prepared to deal with airbending as they were fire, earth and waterbenders. I think that's ultimately how Korra will gain an edge over them.

Thanks!

I know, you guys are right but people will still come in here without having seen the episode
I think you have to strike a balance in this instance, and the one we have is right. You can't expect people to keep spoiler tagging episode 4 stuff when in a few days episode 5 stuff may start leaking. And with the way people handle spoiler tags, it'll become so easy to conflate the two that it'll defeat the purpose of them in the first place.

Now if it was airing in the US today, and say the UK tomorrow or later tonight (or vice versa), I'd argue to hell and back that spoiler rules should be enforced until it had aired in those places too, but as it stands most places outside America aren't getting this until October/November, so if you're from outside America (like myself) and active/lurking in this thread, then you're watching the show via other means (in my case, I bought it on iTunes with my American account), are aware of the broadcast schedule, and know to stay away until you've seen the episode a few hours later or whatever.

Meanwhile, anyone who DVR'd it or has a download on iTunes waiting can stay out of the thread until they've watched it a few hours later or whatever too. They know when it airs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's always true, there's always someone who hasn't seen the episode.

Epcott

I don't understand what I saw in that flashback Korra had while facing Amon (and why did she have it)... my TV bugged out on me :((

I don't understand what I saw in that flashback Korra had while facing Amon (and why did she have it)... my TV bugged out on me :((

SPOILER:
She was reliving a memory of Aang's. Since she is an incarnation of Aang, she gets some of his memories. It was basically showing Aang fight what's his face (he was mentioned briefly at the council meeting) as well as his trial. It also showed Toph and Sokka.

SPOILER:
She was reliving a memory of Aang's. Since she is an incarnation of Aang, she gets some of his memories. It was basically showing Aang fight what's his face (he was mentioned briefly at the council meeting) as well as his trial. It also showed Toph and Sokka.

There's no way the situation isn't related to Amon.

Omikaru

It's one of Aang's memories, and Korra's first spiritual-ish experience. I think it's probably the most significant part of the episode, so you should try and catch it again. But here's the images.

http://i.imgur.com/YPGH5.png

http://i.imgur.com/wtJSS.png

http://i.imgur.com/MUdCe.png

http://i.imgur.com/OqMbl.png

That's the jist of it. I believe the eyes are the person that was mentioned in the council meeting, who could possibly be related to Amon (but probably not him personally -- it was 40 years prior, and he looks like he's in his 20s-30s, which would make Amon about 60-70 in Korra). Yakkon, I believe his name was.

Amon invented Avatar past lives?

I meant the unknown man in the flashback. If it is a flashback of the situation Tarlock mentioned early in the episode, it's obviously more significant than just a random Aang memory.

Edit: Also, it's been mentioned before, but a lot of this turmoil could be avoided if there was just a non-bender on the council...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom