• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabbage Vendor

i wouldn't mind this tbh lol

Next episode preview discussion:

They are just introducing characters it seems for the first quarter of the series so I think it will just be the pro bending rival. Having Amon 3 episodes in a row would be crazy.

Yea such an attack would be pretty early imo and going by Korra's remark they are not meeting on the field yet and both team might actually make it to the finals (before shit hits the fan).

Thores

God, this series got darker than A:tLA pretty fast. I let out a nervous, confused laugh when the credits slammed up after the intense-ass ending. Can't wait for next week.

Also, LoK was starting to stand up okay enough as its own story that I was starting to hope that while Korra would still meet Aang, they wouldn't delve into his last 50-ish years of life much or resort to flashbacking. Well now that flashbacks are pretty much a lock, after that tease I have changed my mind and am pretty psyched. The whole older original cast looks like a bunch of BAMFs, can't wait to see them in action.

Ridli

Oh Korra... don't you know that pride isn't the opposite of shame?

Still I can't believe how dirty the series is playing with the shippers. I mean holy crap its only 4 episodes in!

Busaiku

On Nick itself at 11am, not sure how long it takes to show up in Nick.com, iTunes, etc though

way before if they get hacked again...

Yeah, that's the time I was watching, but then people were talking about the episode itself since yesterday.

Vulcano's assistant said:
You think she hides something, or you think she hides "something"?
It's gotta be just the hair.
I mean, looking at the sketches on the Wiki, her serious face looks absolutely nothing like Aoi.

Jarmel

Banned
The writing for the Mako/Asami/Hiroshi scenes in episode 4 was hilariously bad.
DIRT POOR

Best line in the episode.

I actually wonder if he is Amon or working with Amon. My other theory is that Amon is someone who Aang screwed over and so this is an elaborate revenge scheme against the Avatars. Amon is on his way to being the best villain in the franchise though.

Best line in the episode.

I actually wonder if he is Amon or working with Amon. My other theory is that Amon is someone who Aang screwed over and so this is an elaborate revenge scheme against the Avatars. Amon is on his way to being the best villain in the franchise though.

Yea his "sources" line was pretty fishy (unless it was Scoochy lulz) tbh.

Would be funny if
that guy was Amon's dad and he was actually a bender. Due to the incident Aang took it away and being defenseless he was open to extortion and eventual demise leading Amon to hate benders and the Avatar.

assuming Amon's story is even legit

Am I the only one who likes Tarrlock?

The guy just comes off as being way too fucking slimy, though i'll admit he seems to know when things are too crazy (when he allegedly tried to convince Korra out of her challenge)

Episode 4 was easily my least favorite of all the episodes so far. I only care about two plotlines so far and it's Korra learning airbending and how everyone interacts with Amon. Sadly, there was no airbending to be had in this episode and they saved all the Amon goodness for the very last parts of the episode. That said, Korra's break down actually sparked some emotion from me and was actually moving. I get that they have to introduce some characters and what not but i'm not too interested in Bolin and Mako right now. And since probending does nothing for me i'm not looking forward to next week's episode either.

Measley

Oh Korra... don't you know that pride isn't the opposite of shame?

Still I can't believe how dirty the series is playing with the shippers. I mean holy crap its only 4 episodes in!

The amount of hate already leveled towards Asami is disturbing enough.

Tuck

I'm continuously amazed by how well they pulled off the setting. Republic City is darker, but also so filled with culture. You'd never get 1920's style music in the original show! And the background art is just stunning in almost every scene.

The CG for Avatar Aang Memorial Island and the Satomobile was a bit jarring though.

EDIT: I like Asami. But is she expected to be a fighter of some sort? Or is she just going to be there to get in Korra's way?

Measley

I'm continuously amazed by how well they pulled off the setting. Republic City is darker, but also so filled with culture. You'd never get 1920's style music in the original show! And the background art is just stunning in almost every scene.

The CG for Avatar Aang Memorial Island and the Satomobile was a bit jarring though.

EDIT: I like Asami. But is she expected to be a fighter of some sort? Or is she just going to be there to get in Korra's way?

Yeah, the CG in some spots is pretty bad, but its not enough to take me out of the show. I love the 1920s Shanghai vibe. Reminds me of the opening of Temple of Doom. I want to peel back the layers of its culture and figure out more about it.

If only a competent LoK RPG would come out....

as expected.

The actions of war my friend, the actions of war

I almost want Amon to snap Mako's neck just to freak out the "Makorra" fangirls. I'm already sick of them ruining threads about this show.

Her official bio says she has a tough side and can defend herself if the need arises plus her self defense training was the best money can buy (chi blocking?).

"So, I hear you're dirt poor."

Loved the episode, but everything feels like it's being sped up. It's hard to explain, but there's a lot of weird time skips in this episode simply to push things along faster.

Kettch

Asami is great, fuck the haters.

Also I would not be shocked if it turned out that Hiroshi was funding the Equalists.

I thought he would probably make them wear an equalist logo of some kind in return for the funding when it first happened, but I can't see Korra going along with that at all.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Korra no Densetsu 04
HAUvt.gif
XXSIn.gif
NTR ALERT WEEOOO WEEOOO

I think the one thing I really like about this cartoon is that it doesn't feel like a retread of Aang's adventures. Compare it to Saint Seiya Precure where Kouga's issues about being Seiya's successor is a huge focal point and this feels a lot more organic. Korra's transition into Avatarness has very little to do with the original show. The tension for her to be the "saviour of the world" is still present, but it is not an inevitability like Aang's. You can see the pressure is almost self-imposed -if anything, her problem is that she doesn't restrain herself enough.

The direction was much more static than previously (and my God those CGI cars they just won't stop), and it had a few derpy faces here and there. I'm just very grateful that the writers didn't take a shortcut by making Korra an offset of Aang whose coming of age results in her outdoing her predecessor. This is a lot more original.

I don't know if pragmatic is the word I would use. However, the fact that he himself would go on the raid along with the taskforce made me consider him less of a jerk.

Well yeah, he is pretty selfish. But he doesn't look that bad, being a manipulative two-face politician and all. At least he is not hiding behind a desk.

Ridli

No. He's still a jerk.
He's just a badass jerk.

I said less. It's likely more of a gloryhog thing, but still more than I expected at first.

I just realized there is going to be no shortage of disappointed Korra gif's to mine from this episode.

Well yeah, he is pretty selfish. But he doesn't look that bad, being a manipulative two-face politician and all. At least he is not hiding behind a desk.

Everybody does look pretty good in a metalbender police uniform!

Emitan

omg this fucking show

i'm terrifed of amon and teared up at the end of this episode

;_;

Billychu x Korra OTP

How come Korra has such big boobs for a kids show? Not complaining but duuuude.

Korra no Densetsu 04

NTR ALERT WEEOOO WEEOOO

You are a bad man who should feel bad.

omg this fucking show

i'm terrifed of amon and teared up at the end of this episode

;_;

Billychu x Korra OTP

How come Korra has such big boobs for a kids show? Not complaining but duuuude.

Are they really that big?
I mean, considering her body type and her size, they're fairly proportional. And they're always covered.
Now, if we wanna talk big boobs in a kids show:

tvvWz.png

7Th

It's supposed to be evocative of rich dude's humble beginnings and understanding of the proletariat. Why you gotta hate the one percenters?

The entire sub-plot with Asami and Hiroshi is cheap as hell, almost like a (very boring) afterthought; even the way in which Mako met Asami was halfassed to hell and back.

7Th

I think somebody's a bitter Makorra fan!

I actually feel that the character of Mako as a whole feels like an unnecessary afterthough. You could probably remove him from the story and nothing would be lost, at least with how they're handling him so far.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I actually feel that the character of Mako as a whole feels like an unnecessary afterthough.
I'm just replying to this because we have the best avatar combo.
He's been given very little characterisation beyond "I'm the brooding hot boy with a heart of gold". I don't think anyone but Tenzin and Korra have been given enough time to develop into actual characters yet because of the brisk pace at which the plot is moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom