• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Sophia

I cannot be the only person that found Ty's dat end shenanigans scummy? I mean, his targeting me aside, trying to start a new vote train <10 minutes to deadline?

I don't know what to think of it. On one hand it seemed weird, like he already knew Melon was town. On the other, why would scum be that blatant when they're about to lynch a townie?

Ty4on

I cannot be the only person that found Ty's dat end shenanigans scummy? I mean, his targeting me aside, trying to start a new vote train <10 minutes to deadline?

Trying to start a vote train against a town lynch, how scummy :>

I love how I get confirmed that to be town in like almost every game. everyone hates it, knows it to be true, but does not want to believe it.

I am town

LOL

I'm town too, AMA

-------------------------------------
Anyhow, when are we lynching Sophia?

Ynnek7

It'd be rather unorthodox in my opinion. If we are to believe Splinter got a cop check as an item, what use would scum have for that? They could do some strange fake claims with it, but confirming townies does not seem very great a move to me. And were they to "confirm" their mates as townies with the item, well, they can do that without the item as well. Thus, to me the point of a scum item thief would be to deny town power roles and that, while a cool idea, is something I haven't seen or thought about before thinking about the game composition just before. In addition, the inherit disadvantage of a town item giver is that they can't be sure that they are giving the items to townies. If they misread people, they could very well hand the items to scum.

If I'm remembering correctly, Price is Right had Magnum as a Neutral item thief.

This is exactly what happened in Star Wars, which had not one, but two! town item-givers and one scum thief.

I wasn't around for Star War's, but it looks like the thief role could be either alignment, really.

I'm at a loss with what to think today. My scum/SK read of CCS was wrong, and now my SK read of Stanley turns out wrong as well. At least I was pretty sure of Cabot being town, so I haven't been entirely wrong.

melonrabbit (5)
*splinter 2203
absolutbro 2284
kyanrute 2311
magnumboy20xx 2330
cabot 2375

Looking at the Melon vote, we know of one confirmed town voting for her, that being Cabot. I'd wager at least one scum being among the rest. Splinter, Absolut, and Kyan at least have enough content out there to read through. Not much to consider with Magnum, though.

Sophia

If I'm remembering correctly, Price is Right had Magnum as a Neutral item thief.

I wasn't around for Star War's, but it looks like the thief role could be either alignment, really.

I'm at a loss with what to think today. My scum/SK read of CCS was wrong, and now my SK read of Stanley turns out wrong as well. At least I was pretty sure of Cabot being town, so I haven't been entirely wrong.

Looking at the Melon vote, we know of one confirmed town voting for her, that being Cabot. I'd wager at least one scum being among the rest. Splinter, Absolut, and Kyan at least have enough content out there to read through. Not much to consider with Magnum, though.

You are remembering correctly with The Price Is Right.

Of the people on the Melon vote, Kyan and Splinter were on Acohrs on Day 1. The othre two weren ot. Given the nature of the item in which Splinter received, it's unlikely he's scum. So that leaves AB and Magnum... hm.

On the Ty4on vote, there's myself and Terra as unconfirmed, with Nin being claimed town via Splinter.

Kyanrute

Hmm... the logic of it makes sense. Effectively, assuming 2 neutrals and 3 scum left, we're in mylo then?

Well no. If I am correct with my speculation, town cannot lose today and we will always get a fifth day. Neutrals will vote to save their own skin, they should little care for who dies as long as it ain't them. Town and scum have little control over them.

There is a fair bunch of different possibilities now. I am assuming that there are three scum left and two neutrals, more townies obviously means the situation is better than speculated. In addition, I'll ignore those scenarios where kills miss or are manipulated:

(lynch-sk-scum = d5, t = town, n = neutral, sk = serious killer, s = scum, 0 = nobody, same.alignment = sk and scum pick same target [item thief or a townie])

t-t-t = 2-2-3
t-same.t = 3-2-3
t-t-n = 3-1-3
t-t-sk = 3-1-3
t-n-t = 3-1-3
t-same.n = 4-1-3
t-n-sk = 4-0-3
t-s-t = 3-2-2
t-s-n = 4-1-2
t-s-sk = 4-1-2

n-t-t = 3-1-3
n-same.t = 4-1-3
n-t-sk = 4-0-3
n-s-t = 4-1-2
n-s-sk = 5-0-2

sk-0-t = 4-1-3
sk-0-n = 5-0-3

s-t-t = 3-2-2
s-same.t = 4-2-2
s-n-t = 4-1-2
s-same.n = 5-1-2
s-n-sk = 5-0-2
s-s-t = 4-2-1
s-s-n = 5-1-1
s-s-sk = 5-1-1

I imagine I missed some possibilities. But the conclusion is clear: kill scum or the sk for the best set of outcomes.

Kyanrute

Splinter, share the details about the item, the parts you feel that can be outed. Was it clear that a player gave it to you or not? Is the item used now or do you think the thief can still steal if from you?

nin1000

Banned
Not going to put my eyes on those who voted melon. Those who did not follow the melon or ty4on train are more interesting for me.

Kyanrute

He followed the kyanrute train that was getting some traction in the last hour.

Traction? A bait vote from cabot and Magnum's extremely panic-y reaction. No, there was no traction there.

Besides, the question was to Bronx, not to you. Why did you feel the need to answer it?

nin1000

Banned
Traction? A bait vote from cabot and Magnum's extremely panic-y reaction. No, there was no traction there.

Besides, the question was to Bronx, not to you. Why did you feel the need to answer it?

Why do you get so agitaded ? I think I struck a nerve with this. Interesting to say the least.

I responded because I wanted to chime in and put down my thoughts on it in order for Bronx to come in and say that it is plain false. But I guess I will have to keep waiting in that.

Kyanrute

Why do you get so agitaded ? I think I struck a nerve with this. Interesting to say the least.

I responded because I wanted to chime in and put down my thoughts on it in order for Bronx to come in and say that it is plain false. But I guess I will have to keep waiting in that.

You misread my feelings just as you misread the votes on me at the end of yesterday. I was wondering what purpose your post served, since the votes on me yesterday were based on absolutely nothing. In addition, at best you can theorize why someone did what they did. Your post made it look like you knew the reason why Bronx kept his vote on me.

nin1000

Banned
You misread my feelings just as you misread the votes on me at the end of yesterday. I was wondering what purpose your post served, since the votes on me yesterday were based on absolutely nothing. In addition, at best you can theorize why someone did what they did. Your post made it look like you knew the reason why Bronx kept his vote on me.

That's not what I intended, my bad but I would know that reason as much as you want to .

Ty4on

I'm working now, but this should maybe give you something to talk about.

I QUIT

I chose Natiko N1, Splinter N2 and cabot N3.

nin1000

Banned
I'm working now, but this should maybe give you something to talk about.

I QUIT

I chose Natiko N1, Splinter N2 and cabot N3.

Woah. So you were the item giver ! Damn you mate ! With you saying I quit, does that mean you met your win condition?

Ty4on

Woah. So you were the item giver ! Damn you mate ! With you saying I quit, does that mean you met your win condition?
Nope, I give up my role and turn into a confirmed townie. Figured the role had minimum use as I'd either hit nk targets or scum

Kyanrute

Wincon change or something? I don't see the point of making the wincon something that needs to be triggered when it is fulfilled.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx, why did you keep your vote on me when I wasn't even in on your top three scum list?
You trying to force a tie 'for the lulz' was extrememly scummy, though I realized eventually you had no chance of getting lynched. By the time I realized this, it was so close to the end that switching my vote to melon or ty would've made me look scummy.

Kyanrute

You trying to force a tie 'for the lulz' was extrememly scummy, though I realized eventually you had no chance of getting lynched. By the time I realized this, it was so close to the end that switching my vote to melon or ty would've made me look scummy.

force a tie at -1:30 lolololol

Reaction bait like I said later.

Kyanrute

And this does not even make sense to me. If your top scum were nin, stan and terra, why not switch to one of them then instead of the lead candidates that you did not seem to consider scummy?

Kyanrute

And this does not even make sense to me. If your top scum were nin, stan and terra, why not switch to one of them then instead of the lead candidates that you did not seem to consider scummy?

To add to this, Bronx was just fine with being the odd one out voting nin for two days in a row. But then he takes the bait and sticks with it. Why did the conviction to see nin killed disappear so easily?

Ynnek7

I'm heading out to work now, but if you chose Cabot last night shouldn't the item have been revealed when he flipped? Unless whoever killed him had priority over the item giving. I guess I've always assumed kills happened after everything else.

Bronx-Man

Banned
force a tie at -1:30 lolololol

Reaction bait like I said later.

To add to this, Bronx was just fine with being the odd one out voting nin for two days in a row. But then he takes the bait and sticks with it. Why did the conviction to see nin killed disappear so easily?
'Jokes on you, I was baiting you!'

Suuuuuuuuuuure.

I didn't change my vote because I found no reason to. Neither you nor nin had any chance of being lynched, so what difference did it make?

*Splinter

I'm heading out to work now, but if you chose Cabot last night shouldn't the item have been revealed when he flipped? Unless whoever killed him had priority over the item giving. I guess I've always assumed kills happened after everything else.
Oh, this is a good point

Bronx-Man

Banned
I find very interesting how usually when town is lynched, the next day we try to examine the ones that voted them. Yet today we've had multiple posters go "Actually, we shouldn't do any examination of those voters on melon at all! If anything, we need to focus on the ones that didn't vote for melon! Y'know...because!"

Why, it's almost as if there's a scum that voted for melon that the rest of their scummates are trying to protect.

Kyanrute

'Jokes on you, I was baiting you!'

Suuuuuuuuuuure.

I didn't change my vote because I found no reason to. Neither you nor nin had any chance of being lynched, so what difference did it make?

quality bait

Well I did mention it, up to you if you believe me or not. The vote part is just uhhh. If you don't give any fucks about being consistent with your views, you are just making yourself look very scummy.

*Splinter

I find very interesting how usually when town is lynched, the next day we try to examine the ones that voted them. Yet today we've had multiple posters go "Actually, we shouldn't do any examination of those voters on melon at all! If anything, we need to focus on the ones that didn't vote for melon! Y'know...because!"

Why, it's almost as if there's a scum that voted for melon that the rest of their scummates are trying to protect.
...Or we could look at the votes that tried to save scum on D1. Which is now down to you and Ynnek.

Sophia

Waiting to see if there's any moderator confirmation from Ty's action.

Also certainly, Splinters is right. We should be considering those who aren't on the acohrs vote.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Between Absolut, Kyan, and Magnum I wouldn't be remotely surprised if there's scum on melon.

But D1 we lynched scum, and there's only 2 votes against that with unknown alignment.

Perhaps, instead of saying silly things like this, you should look up at the post where I already did look at the voters on melon.
3645967-1279613289-borat.jpg

Ok, this all checks out. I was just wondering.

Bronx-Man

Banned
And since confirmation is on everyone's minds: I am Pink-Haired Link, vanilla town.

I didn't post this earlier because I didn't want to be a sitting duck for scum or the sk, but I guess there's no point of that anymore.

Excuse me, can I interest you in…?”
“No thank you.”

“Have this. It’s free.”
“What is this? I don’t want it.”

“Please, I’ll pay you to take it.”
“Mother told me to never talk to strangers.”

He couldn’t believe it. When did everyone become so distrustful and unwelcoming? This was the last straw. He wasn’t going to do this anymore.

Ty4on has quit being an Item Vendor and has become an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie).

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are the Happy Mask Salesman, a Compulsive Celebrity Item Vendor. You are in a strange world with strange people (which means new customers), but you didn’t bring your masks to sell! It’s okay, you’ve got other inventory. But with no reputation or established currency, no one is willing to buy from you. Maybe if you gave stuff away, people would take notice...

Once per night you MUST vend an item to another player with the command BESTOW: Player. You do NOT know what items you are giving out. You also cannot target the same player twice, nor can you target yourself.

In addition, at any point during the Day, you may post the command I QUIT in the game thread to relinquish your item vendor ability and become a confirmed Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with town and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is a charging port at the bottom.

Keep playing, folks.

Sophia

Well then... you just HAD to do that while I was typing up my list.

Alignments and roles of dead players:
  • acohrs - Scum Ninja
  • Sorian - Town Doctor
  • Kawl - Town Watcher
  • Natiko - Town Lover
  • CzarTim - Town Lover
  • Franconp - Vanilla Townie
  • CCS - Vanilla Townie
  • Melonrabbit - Vanilla Townie
  • Cabot - Vanilla Townie
  • StanleyPalmtree - Vanilla Townie
1. [f] Sophia
  • Initially voted on CCS Day 1 but switched to Acohrs.
  • No vote on Day 2
  • Voted on Ty4on Day 3
6. [m] Ty4on
  • Initially voted on Sophia Day 1, but switched to Acohrs
  • Voted on Stanley Day 2
  • Voted on Sophia Day 3
  • Mod-confirmed item giver and town aligned.
  • Gave items to Natiko N1, Splinter N2 and cabot N3.
  • Used day command "I QUIT"
7. [m] AbsolutBro
  • Initially voted on CCS Day 1, but unvoted exactly at the timer
  • Voted melonrabbit on Day 2
  • Voted melonrabbit on Day 3
11. [m] *Splinter
  • Voted on Acohrs Day 1
  • Voted on CCS Day 2
  • Voted on melonrabbit Day 3
  • Received an item on Night 2 from Ty4on
  • Used item on Night 3. Claims Nin is town.
14. [m] Kyanrute
  • Voted on Acohrs Day 1
  • Voted on Stanley Day 2
  • Voted on melonrabbit Day 3
16. [m] Ynnek7
  • Voted on CCS Day 1
  • Voted on CCS Day 2
  • Voted on Stanley Day 3
17. [m] Nin1000
  • Voted Acohrs Day 1
  • No vote on Day 2
  • Voted Ty4on on Day 3
  • Claimed to be town by Splinter
18. [m] Bronx-Man
  • Voted CCS on Day 1
  • Initially voted CCS on Day 2, but switched to Nin
  • Voted Kyanrute on Day 3
  • Claims to be vanilla town
19. [m] Terrabyte20xx
  • Replaced Pop-O-Matic; No Day 1 info
  • Voted CCS on Day 2
  • Voted Ty4on on Day 3
20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx
  • Voted AbsolutBro on Day 1
  • Voted AbsolutBro on Day 2, but unvoted and left with no vote.
  • Initially voted Melonrabbit on Day 3, before switching to Kyanrute, before switching back to Melonrabbit.

I think that's everything important? If I missed any significant votes, let me know.

• Sophia, Ty4on, Splinter, Kyanrute, and Nin all final voted on a confirmed scum (Acohrs)
  • Of the people above, Splinter and Kyanrute were on confirmed town Day 3 (Melonrabbit)
  • Of the people above, Sophia and Nin were on a mod confirmed item giver Day 3 (Ty4on)
  • Sophia and Magnum did not vote Day 2.
  • AB and Ynnek have final voted all confirmed townies so far.
  • Bronx has voted a confirmed townie (CCS), a cop-claimed townie (Nin), and an unknown (Kyanrute)
  • Terra has voted a confirmed townie (CCS) and a mod-confirmed item giver. (Ty4on)
  • Magnum has voted a confirmed townie (Melonrabbit), and two unconfirmed (Kyanrute and AbsolutBro)

Top Bottom