• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
If it weren't for the fact that it would open the game up to a tie, I would move my vote to Ty. I really don't think Melon is the right choice.

Sawneeks

Banned
Current Vote Count:

melonrabbit (5)
absolutbro 2046 (2284)
magnumboy20xx 2055 (2317)
cabot 2136 (2308)
*splinter 2203
absolutbro 2284
kyanrute 2311
magnumboy20xx 2330
cabot 2375

stanleypalmtree (2)
ynnek7 2067
terrabyte20xx 2285

ty4on (3)
sophia 2235
nin1000 2238
melonrabbit 2306
cabot 2308 (2325)

kyanrute (1)
magnumboy20xx 2317 (2330)
bronx-man 2322
cabot 2325 (2375)

absolutbro (1)
ty4on 2393

Majority is 7

Day 3 Ends in:
bla_1484866800.png

Vote Count can be found HERE

cabot

He was caught quite early in Woof 1 from skimming that. The criticism being that he wasn't on top of things which doesn't really mirror this game.

I also showed hesitation at making a decision. I even advocated a no lynch briefly.

Sawneeks

Banned

Sawneeks

Banned
Dusk of the Third Day

The goddesses are watching the citizens of Lyrule.

”I've seen better daytime soap operas," says Farore.

Nayru shoots her a look. ”I never thought you'd be the type to watch those."

Farore flushes. ”Uh, I occasionally partake when I'm channel surfing. Maury gets pretty predictable when the kid is taller than his alleged father. You don't need a DNA test to determine that the child isn't Kokiri."

”You watch Maury?" asks Din incredulously.

Farore throws up her hands in exasperation. ”Can't a goddess turn her brain off every so often?"

”Sure," agrees Nayru. ”That's why I watch Marvel movies."

Din leaps to her feet. ”Did you just say what I thought I heard?"

Nayru scoffs, ”Of course. Your hearing is impeccable."

A fiery red aura crackles to life around Din, while an ice-cold blue aura shimmers into existence around Nayru. Farore quickly steps between the two.

”Enough." She gestures towards Lyrule. ”They're moving."

Their spat quickly forgotten as quickly as it had begun, Din and Nayru turn their attention towards Lyrule.

---

The dwindling number of Lyruleans gather on the shore of a massive lake.

”This should be a better spot for acquiring food and water," says one.

”But there's no shelter," complains another.

”We can build some. Plenty of trees around."

”What was wrong with our original town?"

”How about the smell of decaying corpses and lack of accessible food and water?" Others nod in agreement.

melonrabbit crosses his cel-shaded arms stubbornly. ”I don't like this. We're sitting ducks if someone were to attack us."

”Thanks for volunteering for guard duty, melon! You're on first watch."

Hours later, as the sun falls, everyone prepares to sleep in their makeshift shelters. melon stands guard nearby, sweating heavily in a giant suit of armour. Under his helmet, a single giant sweat drop can be seen on his face.

”Keese swarm!" someone yells out. In the distance, a large number of bat-like creatures fly towards the Lyrulean camp. Some huddle in their shelter, while others pick up weapons and armour.

”Our structures won't hold up against that," wails one.

”There are too many to fight," another admits.

”Quick, to the water! We can hide there," yells another.

The citizens make a beeline towards the lake. melon lumbers behind, hastily removing his cumbersome suit of armour and cursing his short, cartoonish legs.

melon finally makes it to the water's edge. Everyone is already inside and swimming deeper into the lake.

”Come on," one of them shouts.

melon looks down. Only his iron boots are left. He crouches down to remove it.

A Keese rams into melon from behind, throwing him forward into the water. Flailing his stick-thin arms, melon immediately tries to surface, but the heavy boots weigh him down and he starts to sink.

Unfortunately, the lake is deep and melon keeps descending until he hits the bottom. melon reaches down to remove his boots, but they seem to be stuck fast to his leg and foot. His overly large eyes widening further In desperation, melon starts walking upwards, trying to reach the surface before running out of air...

Some distance away, the Lyruleans are treading water, watching the Keese swarm disperse. They look to where they last saw melon, but only see a faint trace of animated bubbles.

Melonrabbit has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are Toon Link, an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie). You aren't the hyper-realistic Link everyone wanted, but you've made your own cel-shaded mark on the world.

Like the beginning of a particular franchise, you have nothing at your disposal. Not even a jump button. The only thing you can do is VOTE.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is 900p when docked.

Night 3 Begins

Night 3 ends in:
bla_1485039600.png

Sawneeks

Banned
Final Vote Count for Day 3:

nin1000 (0)
bronx-man 1924 (2281)

*splinter (0)
kyanrute 1987 (2311)

terrabyte20xx (0)
cabot 1990 (2136)
nin1000 2137 (2238)
bronx-man 2281 (2322)

melonrabbit (5)
absolutbro 2046 (2284)
magnumboy20xx 2055 (2317)
cabot 2136 (2308)
*splinter 2203
absolutbro 2284
kyanrute 2311
magnumboy20xx 2330
cabot 2375

stanleypalmtree (1)
ynnek7 2067
terrabyte20xx 2285 (2412)

ynnek7 (0)
nin1000 2077 (2137)

ty4on (4)
sophia 2235
nin1000 2238
melonrabbit 2306
cabot 2308 (2325)
terrabyte20xx 2412

bronx-man (0)
ty4on 2287 (2383)

kyanrute (1)
magnumboy20xx 2317 (2330)
bronx-man 2322
cabot 2325 (2375)

sophia (0)
ty4on 2383 (2393)

absolutbro (1)
ty4on 2393

Sawneeks

Banned
Dawn of the Fourth Day

The Lyruleans make their way to an island in the middle of the lake. Looking back at the shore, they see Keese and skeletons lurking around their camp.

”Whose idea was it to camp there, anyway?" Everyone ignores the question.

They spread out, finding somewhere comfortable to rest until dawn. Preferring his solitude, Stanley walks towards the other end of the island, passing a tree in the middle of it. He hears a sound and turns back towards the tree.

A shadowy figure is standing there. It looks awfully similar to Stanley.

”Wha--"

The shadow draws a sword and attacks. Unarmed, Stanley can only jump to the side to dodge. His assailant then stabs towards him. Stanley performs a backwards aerial somersault.

He looks at the sword and notices it's in his enemy's right hand.

”Wait, if you're a dark reflection of me, shouldn't your sword be in your left hand?"

The shadow pauses mid-swing. He shakes his head.

”Oh, I get it," scoffs Stanley. ”Right-handed Dark Link is canon, but right-handed Link isn't. I see how it is, Nintendo."

The shadow shrugs and swings his sword. Stanley jumps back, then turns and runs. The shadow gives chase.

Unfortunately for Stanley, he runs out of stamina and starts to slow. Taking a look back at his pursuer, he doesn't notice the obstacle in front of him, and he trips and falls over it.

Turning his head, Stanley sees cabot lying there.

”Did you just run into me? I'm just trying to sleep!" says cabot indignantly.

”Pick a better place to sleep next time," grumbles Stanley, looking around for the shadow.

”I swear, everyone's trying to forget about poor old cabot", he complains.

Stanley's response dies in his throat as the shadow suddenly appears and depletes the last of his hearts

”Oh, thank goodness. That beeping noise was driving me insane!" sighs cabot.

The shadow turns towards him.

”Aids."

cabot has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are Philips CD-i Link, an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie). The less said about you, the better.

Like the beginning of a particular franchise, you have nothing at your disposal. Not even a jump button. The only thing you can do is VOTE.

The game thread is powered by a Phillips CDi

StanleyPalmtree has died!

Hey, listen!

You are Right-handed Link, an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie). LoZ purists hate you, but game designers understand your existence. It'll make the LoZ VR game easier to play too...

The game thread is mirrored

Day 4 begins

Day 4 Ends in:
gre_1485298800.png

Vote Count can be found HERE

Bronx-Man

Banned
So melon, stanley and nin were all confirmed town. Only person I've got the closest thing to a scum read now is Terrabyte and how inactive they've been all game.

*Splinter

Down to 10 players now with an SK out there and most likely 3 scum left.

Ughhhhhhhhh.
Assuming these things are true, tomorrow would be 7, 3 remaining. We'd need to lynch scum AND block a kill to survive that. Every night from then on?

So basically, today is lylo

Sophia

So melon, stanley and nin were all confirmed town. Only person I've got the closest thing to a scum read now is Terrabyte and how inactive they've been all game.

Nin isn't technically confirmed town yet, as that would require Splinter to be confirmed in some manner too. However, unless someone counter-claims Splinter for the item on N2, that's almost as good as confirmed.

nin1000

Banned
I love how I get confirmed that to be town in like almost every game. everyone hates it, knows it to be true, but does not want to believe it.

I am town

LOL

Sophia

I love how I get confirmed that to be town in like almost every game. everyone hates it, knows it to be true, but does not want to believe it.

I am town

LOL

It's not really a matter of hating it or not. It's just a matter of looking at it from a technical standpoint. You aren't confirmed town yet because Splinter's alignment isn't confirmed. That's all.

I cannot be the only person that found Ty's dat end shenanigans scummy? I mean, his targeting me aside, trying to start a new vote train <10 minutes to deadline?

Assuming these things are true, tomorrow would be 7, 3 remaining. We'd need to lynch scum AND block a kill to survive that. Every night from then on?

So basically, today is lylo
6,3,1 unless you think Scum gets 2 NKs;I don't. Blocking a kill might be hard with the doctor dead. :-/ Scum win condition is control 50%+1 of the vote, so if the sk hits scum, that postpones their victory another day I think.

Kyanrute

Three scum hmm. SK seems super likely. Natiko mentioned an item thief and there was no reason for him to lie about that. Scum thief seems bit far-fetched to me, what makes me think that the thief is a neutral. Two neutrals. What about the item giver? That I'd guess to be town.

Lets assume a 14-2-4 with a SK who does perfect town kills every cycle and that town mislynches every day. 14-2-4, 11-2-4, 8-2-4, 5-2-4, 2-2-4. Town loses on day four mislynch. Muh feels say that this is about half a phase too early, based on the general feel I have about the length of Gafia games. But half a phase is close enough for me to be unable to not consider 14-2-4 to be possible.

Then, should this be the case, we are in 5-2-3 at worst. Lynching a townie, SK killing another and scum killing a third leads into d5 and 2-2-3. Funnily enough, lynching the SK at that point would lead to town loss as long as scum hit their kill.

Sooooo not lylo?

Kyanrute

Why does scum thief seem far-fetched to you?

It'd be rather unorthodox in my opinion. If we are to believe Splinter got a cop check as an item, what use would scum have for that? They could do some strange fake claims with it, but confirming townies does not seem very great a move to me. And were they to "confirm" their mates as townies with the item, well, they can do that without the item as well. Thus, to me the point of a scum item thief would be to deny town power roles and that, while a cool idea, is something I haven't seen or thought about before thinking about the game composition just before. In addition, the inherit disadvantage of a town item giver is that they can't be sure that they are giving the items to townies. If they misread people, they could very well hand the items to scum.

Sophia

It'd be rather unorthodox in my opinion. If we are to believe Splinter got a cop check as an item, what use would scum have for that? They could do some strange fake claims with it, but confirming townies does not seem very great a move to me. And were they to "confirm" their mates as townies with the item, well, they can do that without the item as well. Thus, to me the point of a scum item thief would be to deny town power roles and that, while a cool idea, is something I haven't seen or thought about before thinking about the game composition just before. In addition, the inherit disadvantage of a town item giver is that they can't be sure that they are giving the items to townies. If they misread people, they could very well hand the items to scum.

Hmm... the logic of it makes sense. Effectively, assuming 2 neutrals and 3 scum left, we're in mylo then?

Top Bottom