• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

*Splinter

It's also important to note, I asked *Splinter about this clear:

He never answered.
Yes I never answered your incredibly scummy question.

There is nothing at this point to clear *Splinter of being the SK, but Kyan does. Why? My guess? It's a mental slip because *Splinter is one of his scum buddies.
I actually think you're right about this being a slip. I believe Kyan knows I'm not the SK because he himself is.

Kyanrute

because is am b o r e d i will think who sk kyan would've killed!

this holds no meaning

barring entertaining the spec thread

dunno why they would find this entertaining though at least i am having fun

n1: the urge to kill sorryan would've been a lot, because he is a meanie. alternative, cabot because he is a dirty cop enabler.
n2: prolly sorryan because my hate of cops would've made me choose cabbie on n1.
n3: splints because he was a meanie.
n4: i actually dunno. not nin because nin has a cute avatar. bronx. surely bronx. could've killed him earlier. hmm. yes, bronx. not because he is a meanie but because he makes no sense and tosses shade at kyan and almost was a meanie.

i hate meanies and cops

*Splinter

because is am b o r e d i will think who sk kyan would've killed!

this holds no meaning

barring entertaining the spec thread

dunno why they would find this entertaining though at least i am having fun

n1: the urge to kill sorryan would've been a lot, because he is a meanie. alternative, cabot because he is a dirty cop enabler.
n2: prolly sorryan because my hate of cops would've made me choose cabbie on n1.
n3: splints because he was a meanie.
n4: i actually dunno. not nin because nin has a cute avatar. bronx. surely bronx. could've killed him earlier. hmm. yes, bronx. not because he is a meanie but because he makes no sense and tosses shade at kyan and almost was a meanie.

i hate meanies and cops
For bonus points, I think these were your targets:

Sorian
Kawl
Cabot
Me

*Splinter

Actually... If there are 2 kills tonight then Ynnek is confirmed scum (can't be bothered to show my working here, but he is).

If there's 1 kill then Kyan is 90% confirmed SK and Ynnek may or may not be scum.

Yes I never answered your incredibly scummy question.

I actually think you're right about this being a slip. I believe Kyan knows I'm not the SK because he himself is.
"For clarity, if you don't mind"

So scummy. Could have just said "I would rather not say".

Re p2: is this where you start busing for town points?

Kyanrute

scumbro why aint you bothered that there are two votes on you

scum could SWEEP IN with their three fine votes at any moment and kill your townie self and doooooom us alll!

*Splinter

It would be great to hear what the rest of town are thinking.

Terra you disagree with my analysis of Ty, but what do you think AbsolutBro, Kyan, Ynnek and myself?

Bronx/Magnum you've said even less. Making it hard to play at this point, surely at least one of you is town?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Terra you disagree with my analysis of Ty, but what do you think AbsolutBro, Kyan, Ynnek and myself?
AB clearly thinks you are scum due to your baffling choice of claiming he was Ty's target. Can't say I blame him even if I don't completely buy what he's selling. Kyan is ridiculous and is clearly a Lame duck NK. Whether SK or Scum is TBD. Ynnek is either the luckiest man alive or is actually a blocker. Alignment TBD. You... Make good points but then pull crap out of your but with little to no proof and then expect us to all buy in.

In other words, everyone reeks of desperation. Not surprising considering we are very deep into the late game.

1st Absolut goes to showcase his skill in the art of English language instead of attacking the actual point of the sentence - the fact that there is no point for scum to use a copshot on townies or themselves. I like colorful language, do forgive me if I do not use the absolutely correct term all the time. There is absolutely nothing telling about using "hazy". You are arguing semantics.

The SK part I have already explained. Old argument that never made sense.

The two mentions Absolut mentions are the mentions I am referring to when I said I was not surprised that he brought me up. Like he concluded with his grand analysis, most people were not openly considering me as scum. At best, they were content with some amounts of shade throwing. Just read the thread again if you do not believe me. I've had it easy since day two. Absolut's mentions were notable because he went farther with them than most.
I'm not addressing the point? I think you're missing the point that I do not believe *Splinter even used an item on Nin. I think he got something, possibly the bomb, and claimed to copshot Nin, knowing Nin would back him either way.

My mentions "were notable because (I) went farther"? They were part of a read list, and then never brought up again.

You're stretching super hard.

*Splinter

AB clearly thinks you are scum due to your baffling choice of claiming he was Ty's target. Can't say I blame him even if I don't completely buy what he's selling. Kyan is ridiculous and is clearly a Lame duck NK. Whether SK or Scum is TBD. Ynnek is either the luckiest man alive or is actually a blocker. Alignment TBD. You... Make good points but then pull crap out of your but with little to no proof and then expect us to all buy in.

In other words, everyone reeks of desperation. Not surprising considering we are very deep into the late game.
Ok this post I like. Won't respond to the criticisms just yet but all your opinions make sense to me.

Kyanrute

I'm not addressing the point? I think you're missing the point that I do not believe *Splinter even used an item on Nin. I think he got something, possibly the bomb, and claimed to copshot Nin, knowing Nin would back him either way.

My mentions "were notable because (I) went farther"? They were part of a read list, and then never brought up again.

You're stretching super hard.

I care not about your Splinter Kyan nonsense connection, I was just addressing the fact that you are twisting my words with the "well mabby" and "hazy". I've explained the posts and now you are constructing a fake narrative out of thin air.

Notable because being in a read list is going farther than just throwing shade. That is the point.

Ynnek7

Oh good point,

Ynnek block Kyan again.

If kyan doesn't get lynched today, then yeah, I'm parking my roleblock on him.

Personally, I'd rather we lynch him today. Keeping kyan alive at this point means that I'll have to roleblock him every night until scum decides its a good night to get rid of me. That will probably be tonight while the odds of kyan hitting town are still a bit better than hitting scum. My flip will prove I was right, and the next day everyone can vote off kyan.

Lynching him today, however, gives me a chance to block the scum night kill tonight.

And if it turns out that kyan really isn't the SK and I managed to block the scum kill, then at least scum will be down one more.

Kyanrute

If kyan doesn't get lynched today, then yeah, I'm parking my roleblock on him.

Personally, I'd rather we lynch him today. Keeping kyan alive at this point means that I'll have to roleblock him every night until scum decides its a good night to get rid of me. That will probably be tonight while the odds of kyan hitting town are still a bit better than hitting scum. My flip will prove I was right, and the next day everyone can vote off kyan.

Lynching him today, however, gives me a chance to block the scum night kill tonight.

And if it turns out that kyan really isn't the SK and I managed to block the scum kill, then at least scum will be down one more.

might i remind you of the fact that sk lynch will lead into a town loss

aint this fun

Kyanrute

Not if I manage to block their kill tonight.

I only included that part because it still seems like there are people here who might not be convinced.

and what on earth makes that block gamble worth it

one in three if you manage to correctly identify all three scum

lol

Kyanrute

But serious Kyan time. Splinter actually has a hint of a argument about me being the SK. Everyone else is just echoing him, if even that.

Make the case. Why am I the SK? Do use more than the previous two days and the things Splinter said.

Good luck.

Kyanrute

to the real sk

don't think town will take this so i am with you as long as you prevent scum win. will kill you to get town win ofc, don't think that ends up being likely though.

true neutral win is coolest right, none of that boring scum-hugging

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Rereading the day phase, something about ynnek7's actions bug me. He claims to be a town role blocker, yet after he asks for suggestions on who to block he ultimately decided to block kyan.

Wow, honestly wasn't sure I'd make it to today!

Last night I blocked Kyanrute. I didn't like the tone of his posts after I claimed I had a role, and then he voted for me after finding out what it was.

His reasoning is because he didn't like the tone of kyan's posts, and that kyan voted for him after he found out he claimed role blocker.

My biggest problem with this is that the way kyan reacted is very natural when someone role claims in mafia, especially when claiming role blocker as Gafia has had a history of having mostly scum role blockers. Ynnek7 also choose to block kyan over the choice of the only confirmed townie.

I wanna block AB :/

If I were a town role blocker, I would block the person who the confirmed townie choose as he would be the only one I could really trust. Instead, ynnek7 "blocked" Kyan because kyan found him to be suspicious. This decision just doesn't sit well with me.

vote:ynnek7

Bronx-Man

Banned
VOTE: kyanrute

Looking over the last page, it seems clear that kyan and AB are scummates. That being said, kyan is the most surefire scum, so he gets my vote for today. There's been only one NK on the night he gets blocked, when every other night has been 2 or more. He's relied entirely on making sure no posters can get a read on him this whole game. His "defense" for all of today has been either sarcastically handwaving away anyone's suspicions of him or just agressively shitposting.

It's a W/W scenario for town. Either we get take down another scum, or we take out the SK.

*Splinter

VOTE: kyanrute

Looking over the last page, it seems clear that kyan and AB are scummates. That being said, kyan is the most surefire scum, so he gets my vote for today. There's been only one NK on the night he gets blocked, when every other night has been 2 or more. He's relied entirely on making sure no posters can get a read on him this whole game. His "defense" for all of today has been either sarcastically handwaving away anyone's suspicions of him or just agressively shitposting.

It's a W/W scenario for town. Either we get take down another scum, or we take out the SK.
Can you explain how you think he has done this?

Sawneeks

Banned
Zelda Fact of the Day #13: Did you know that the original Legend of Zelda used a Microphone built into the Famicom controllers in order to kill specific enemies? Because the NES did not have these microphones the ability was removed from the game in all releases outside of Japan. Now you know!

The Vote Tool is currently not working so I will be counting the Votes manually until it is back.

Current Vote Count:

AbsolutBro (2):
*Splinter
Kyanrute

Ynnek7 (1):
MagnumBoy20xx

Kyanrute (1):

Bronx-Man

Majority is 5

Day 5 ends in:

bla_1485644400.png

*Splinter

Simple, lay low and make endless posts with no substance to them that could lead to anyone reading him one side or the other.
I'm not going to quote all the posts Kyan has with substance, because frankly there's too many.

You're trying to explain how he's avoided being read when the truth is that he's been read plenty. It just happens that most of those reads (until recently) were as town.

I assume this was an attempt to build off of AB's earlier attack without properly understanding it?

nin1000

Banned
Current player list

7. [m] AbsolutBro
11. [m] *Splinter
14. [m] Kyanrute
17. [m] Nin1000
18. [m] Bronx-Man
19. [m] Terrabyte20xx
20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx

if we take me out, since i know i am town and have also been cofirmed by *splinter, this leaves us with this roster

7. [m] AbsolutBro
11. [m] *Splinter
14. [m] Kyanrute
18. [m] Bronx-Man
19. [m] Terrabyte20xx
20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx

2 people in there are scum, aswell as 1 Neutral SK. I dont know what happened to the Neutral thief, but lets assume that this is a scum power.

Town still has a chance to win this game guys.

Kyanrute

ok so bronxy too includes teh mabby is sk part in his deep thought

maaaan at least try reading what i am saying

if you even slightly think i am the sk and you agree with the idea that sk kill means town loss, well that is the one thing you should not be saying

because that makes no fucking sense

sigh

Nin of many thousands, why do you think there would be only two scum left? That seems very low to me in a game with SK.

nin1000

Banned
Nin of many thousands, why do you think there would be only two scum left? That seems very low to me in a game with SK.

3 players in a game of 20 seems reasonable.
4 would be ok aswell but this would mean that there are still 3 scum players left + 1 SK.

So of the 7 players remaining 4 are scum/ neutral ? that would put us in a very very very bad position : /

nin1000

Banned
i would rather put some light one the magnum boys, who are not really here ?
is no one else bothered by it ? I mean we are almost finished with the game and yet they did not really bother to come into the conversation at all ?

Kyanrute

i would rather put some light one the magnum boys, who are not really here ?
is no one else bothered by it ? I mean we are almost finished with the game and yet they did not really bother to come into the conversation at all ?

They are a problematic bunch for sure but I am not sure what we can do about them. I do not think we have the luxury of a mislynch any more and right now I there are likelier scum targets than them. Alas, passing the problem along like this cannot continue indefinitely. We are forced to confront the issue if and when we are going to play "who is the SK?" Before that, I am unsure if I am willing to touch them.

nin1000

Banned
They are a problematic bunch for sure but I am not sure what we can do about them. I do not think we have the luxury of a mislynch any more and right now I there are likelier scum targets than them. Alas, passing the problem along like this cannot continue indefinitely. We are forced to confront the issue if and when we are going to play "who is the SK?" Before that, I am unsure if I am willing to touch them.

That means you want to take out

Absolut , *Splinter or Bronx

Teller me a bit more about those 3 then.

Top Bottom