• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Ty4on

Because I haven't seen him do it in the past? Or at least it doesn't stick out to me as normal behavior, I've seen scum and town pop do his "way too early to be serious" posts plenty of times though.

Seems typical Bronx to me, let me dig

There we go, Pokemon Mafia:
Shit dude, you got me

I'm Team Rocket af

Looks like y'all gonna have to lynch my ass now

He wasn't like this in OW I'll give you that, but he was town in Pokemon too.

Ty4on

I don't really see anything alignment indicative of Bronx's actions right now, to be honest. At least not based off my past experiences playing with him. He's seems slightly more aggressive then in previous games, but that could easily be attributed to a number of things (like more experience with playing) besides alignment.

Something to look at later in the day phase, perhaps?

This feels scummy, but I can't quite rationalize it. Just feels like something scum does.

nin1000

Banned
melon's posts are attention seeking but ultimately NAI, Pop made one post that was a read and not something jokey and he will now probably enter hibernation for a couple days, Bronx is trying to play the cool card which isn't usually like him since he is scared of being lynched on a normal day (though less so since he survived Overwatch), Ty gives me a good feeling though he always does and I don't think I've ever played with scum Ty, just gameran him, and Fran actually using the odds argument is always an eyebrow raiser.

Thanks for the nice and short summary.
Atm i still dont really know how to take this game on or how what to try out since there are familar faces who just want me dead because i can be a lose cannon.

My responses to your short mind farts

melon's posts are attention seeking but ultimately NAI
I for one wont overthink her post. For me it was ultimately just an attention seeker. But she raised my curiosity
Pop made one post that was a read and not something jokey and he will now probably enter hibernation for a couple days

Lets hope he will not do the same this time around.

Bronx is trying to play the cool card which isn't usually like him since he is scared of being lynched on a normal day (though less so since he survived Overwatch)
I did not even took that into consideration. I always wondered why Bronx Man was such a wussy in those last games. Maybe now that he has a good role, he wants to play the real game.
gives me a good feeling though he always does and I don't think I've ever played with scum Ty

Thats Ty4on always consistent. Scary

Fran actually using the odds argument is always an eyebrow raiser.[/QUOTE)

Well Francorp makes weird assumtions and statements a lot of times. Thats why i scumread him in almost every game i played with him.

thanks.

Bronx-Man

Banned
every other game:
"bronx doesn't post much on d1, he's scum"

this game:
"bronx is posting on d1, he's scum"

giphy.gif

nin1000

Banned
It's all in the past. I mean, I was scum in AC and tried to get you lynched so I think we are ok.

Unless you are scum now. Are you scum now Nin?

i am NOT scum, thank god we cleared the air.
Bold thing to ask me such a thing on Day Francorp. Pretty Brave

acohrs

anyway enough banter, time to get serious.

*clears throat*

Attention all scum, if you would just reveal who you are and who your colleagues are, I promise that you will not by lynched*! We will also give you hobnobs and tea*. All you have to do is just reveal yourselves!

* - disclaimer: hobnobs, tea, and not being lynched are not actually guaranteed parts of this offer

Sorian

Banned
There we go, Pokemon Mafia:

He wasn't like this in OW I'll give you that, but he was town in Pokemon too.

The name dropping is just as problematic as saying he is scum. Again, I've done the same, as both town and scum, but it is an easy play to fuck with people later if he is scum.

every other game:
"bronx doesn't post much on d1, he's scum"

this game:
"bronx is posting on d1, he's scum"

giphy.gif

Maybe I'm sad I wasn't in pokemon and I want to get in on that d1 Bronx lynch action?

acohrs

I'm just making a guess here, but are you all picking on Bronx because he's... well you know, Carlton face?

nin1000

Banned
I'm just making a guess here, but are you all picking on Bronx because he's... well you know, Carlton face?

No, its because that he usually is more of a scared person. This time around he is bold and that is making some people curious as why that is.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
letThis energy, making my blood boil, what is this I'm feeling?? Oh, yes, that's right...

NOW THIS IS HOW TO START SCUMHUNT! LET'S GET THIS STARTED, I CHOOSE YOU, MAGNUMBOY!

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

So, let's have a chat shall we? DO YOU LIKE PINEAPPLES ON YOUR PIZZA?!?!
I do, but they are not my preferred topping. I like pepperoni and sausage the best.

Sophia

The couple of times you got killed because you were too scare to respond to accusation that were made.

Wait... "too scared"? Where did that come from?

That really does not describe what I remember about Bronx's behavior in Pokemon Mafia, at any rate. : \

But, in that same vein.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

Reeks of a the play I do all the time with the added mix of confusion for if/when you do flip scum.
melon's posts are attention seeking but ultimately NAI, Pop made one post that was a read and not something jokey and he will now probably enter hibernation for a couple days, Bronx is trying to play the cool card which isn't usually like him since he is scared of being lynched on a normal day (though less so since he survived Overwatch), Ty gives me a good feeling though he always does and I don't think I've ever played with scum Ty, just gameran him, and Fran actually using the odds argument is always an eyebrow raiser.
Because I haven't seen him do it in the past? Or at least it doesn't stick out to me as normal behavior, I've seen scum and town pop do his "way too early to be serious" posts plenty of times though.
The name dropping is just as problematic as saying he is scum. Again, I've done the same, as both town and scum, but it is an easy play to fuck with people later if he is scum.

Vote: Sorian

I don't like this narrative you've started on Bronx, Sorian. Just because you've seen or done a specific play itself, doesn't mean that Bronx is (intentionally or otherwise) pushing such a play. And the fact that you keep adding the modifier of both "scum and town" to it really seems like you're trying to downplay it with an element of "Well, this could be a scum action..."

acohrs

You're okay magnum boy, you're okay. Too lazy to unvote you now though so you just gotta wait.

In the meantime, after day ones scum lynch in pop mafia, we should all shut up and wait for zen buddhist master bronx to show who we should scum lynch again on day one and thus lead us to the promised land.

Sorian

Banned
Wait... "too scared"? Where did that come from?

That really does not describe what I remember about Bronx's behavior in Pokemon Mafia, at any rate. : \

I don't like this narrative you've started on Bronx, Sorian. Just because you've seen or done a specific play itself, doesn't mean that Bronx is (intentionally or otherwise) pushing such a play. And the fact that you keep adding the modifier of both "scum and town" to it really seems like you're trying to downplay it with an element of "Well, this could be a scum action..."

No, I add the modifier because I completely expect someone with some snark to point out that I do the same thing often so why am I chiding Bronx for it. At the end of the day, no shit that I am saying something could be a scum action. There is no magical thing all scum do but there are actions that make it more likely that someone is scum over town especially when compared to the meta of the specific person.

I'm not really seeking attention. Nor I am the biggest attention-seeker actively posting gifs of filler and coasting.

Y'all took a joke and went with it.

And I gave your dumb survey/questionnaire you like so much.

Bronx seems such an easy target to mis-lynch. Not someone I'd jump to put at the top of my D1 suspects.

Natiko

Banned
Let's rock, baby.

(Zelda is highly quotable franchise, see?)

Since someone wasn't allowed to participate in Season 7, I've had plenty of time to develop a foolproof method of scum-hunting in the form of a simple three question survey.

1) Do you find tattoos attractive?
2) How flawlessly foxy is Megan Fox?
3) Isn't pineapple on pizza the best thing ever?

You already know my answers. Therefore, I, melon cannot be scum.

I guarantee this will work and won't be controversial in the slightest.

Bonus points awarded to anyone--and I mean anyone (even you Retro) in possession of a tattoo of Megan Fox eating pineapple pizza.

Oh and

VOTE: Splinter

missed u.
1. Very much so.
2. Moderately?
3. No, it is disgusting.

Czar and nin told me in the chat not to say yes, but since you asked nicely, yes

im the lost partner that balances the game a bit imo
These read weird to me. I know we're all jokes and giggles here but it could be useful for scum as far as sowing confusion. Especially Kyan's.

I can agree with this. It seems unusual for Sorian to tunnel in on a player but to continue hedging his bets so much on said player.

You're okay magnum boy, you're okay. Too lazy to unvote you now though so you just gotta wait.

In the meantime, after day ones scum lynch in pop mafia, we should all shut up and wait for zen buddhist master bronx to show who we should scum lynch again on day one and thus lead us to the promised land.
Too lazy to unvote? That's some shaky reasoning to leave a vote on someone.

franconp

These read weird to me. I know we're all jokes and giggles here but it could be useful for scum as far as sowing confusion. Especially Kyan's.

Kyan's post more than sowing confusion seems to be looking for scum partners. But it's a very bold move to make. If mafia side really have a secret partner we would know after we get the first of them, and after that Kyan would be our main suspect.

Sophia

No, I add the modifier because I completely expect someone with some snark to point out that I do the same thing often so why am I chiding Bronx for it. At the end of the day, no shit that I am saying something could be a scum action. There is no magical thing all scum do but there are actions that make it more likely that someone is scum over town especially when compared to the meta of the specific person.

Does that actually look like Bronx's meta, then? To me it looks more like your own conjecture being pushed under the justification of that. In particular, that first post.

Let's rock, baby.

(Zelda is highly quotable franchise, see?)

Since someone wasn't allowed to participate in Season 7, I've had plenty of time to develop a foolproof method of scum-hunting in the form of a simple three question survey.

1) Do you find tattoos attractive?
2) How flawlessly foxy is Megan Fox?
3) Isn't pineapple on pizza the best thing ever?

You already know my answers. Therefore, I, melon cannot be scum.

I guarantee this will work and won't be controversial in the slightest.

Bonus points awarded to anyone--and I mean anyone (even you Retro) in possession of a tattoo of Megan Fox eating pineapple pizza.

Oh and

VOTE: Splinter

missed u.

1. yeah
2. yeah
3. yeah nah.

anyway enough banter, time to get serious.

*clears throat*

Attention all scum, if you would just reveal who you are and who your colleagues are, I promise that you will not by lynched*! We will also give you hobnobs and tea*. All you have to do is just reveal yourselves!

* - disclaimer: hobnobs, tea, and not being lynched are not actually guaranteed parts of this offer

i agree, stanter is much better, also upgrade that to an unguaranteed espresso and you've got yourself an unguarateed deal!

this hubub about bronx is funny,
its like he walks in and says hello (well, the gafia equivalent of a hello), and people go all "he said hello! lets get em!"

Day 1's are fun.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not really seeking attention. Nor I am the biggest attention-seeker actively posting gifs of filler and coasting.

Y'all took a joke and went with it.

And I gave your dumb survey/questionnaire you like so much.

Bronx seems such an easy target to mis-lynch. Not someone I'd jump to put at the top of my D1 suspects.

I ignore nin's fluff posts (ah yeah, got in my fluff comment), they are a staple and I doubt there is anything anyone can do about it.

I can agree with this. It seems unusual for Sorian to tunnel in on a player but to continue hedging his bets so much on said player.

How am I hedging my bet? By admitting that I'm not omnipotent? Better yet, you just played my last game with me, how exactly is this anydifferent than persona?

Kyan's post more than sowing confusion seems to be looking for scum partners. But it's a very bold move to make. If mafia side really have a secret partner we would know after we get the first of them, and after that Kyan would be our main suspect.

This. Kyan painted a target if there is actually a secret partner in the game, it's a bad joke (if it actually was one) for that exact reason.

Does that actually look like Bronx's meta, then? To me it looks more like your own conjecture being pushed under the justification of that. In particular, that first post.

No, it doesn't look like Bronx's meta, it looks like a deviation with me giving a reason fo why I take issue with the deviation. People change from game to game, sure whatever, but the reason isn't just always "I want to be different today"

Bronx-Man

Banned
this hubub about bronx is funny,
its like he walks in and says hello (well, the gafia equivalent of a hello), and people go all "he said hello! lets get em!"

Day 1's are fun.
That's every d1 for every game I'm in.

WWE
Gafia 2
Pokemon
Overwatch
Pop

I'm used to it at this point.

Natiko

Banned
How am I hedging my bet? By admitting that I'm not omnipotent? Better yet, you just played my last game with me, how exactly is this anydifferent than persona?
You seemed more confident with your analysis in Persona, perhaps because you weren't as worried about people's opinions of you. It could be nothing, might just be that the evidence was stronger before. Still worth noting though.

First, I don't for the life of my know what NAI is supposed to be and Ty is ignoring me and he usually tells me stuff so I can function at playing mafia.

And second,

I ignore nin's fluff posts (ah yeah, got in my fluff comment), they are a staple and I doubt there is anything anyone can do about it.

Wasn't actually referring to Nin, he has had a fairly light presence so far, although he did put in the most effort on my survey. But, no I was referring elsewhere.

Third, forget Bronx for a second, who that has posted so far has your interested or doesn't (and that in of itself is interesting?)

Sophia

First, I don't for the life of my know what NAI is supposed to be and Ty is ignoring me and he usually tells me stuff so I can function at playing mafia.

And second,

Wasn't actually referring to Nin, he has had a fairly light presence so far, although he did put in the most effort on my survey. But, no I was referring elsewhere.

Third, forget Bronx for a second, who that has posted so far has your interested or doesn't (and that in of itself is interesting?)

NAI = Not Alignment Indicative.

Thanks Soph.

Ty, your answers are tragic.

hmm, who do i wana get off?
the eternal question.

PopOMatic,

really his face says it all

look at this:
image.php

pure guilt

So, basically, the person with the least amount of posts. A fair point -- usually you have at least one scum in with the coasters. But wouldn't be my first pick to single out this earlier in the day.

Wait, we're getting people off now?

sounds kinky

I know you are counting down to your inevitable lynching but what are your thoughts thus far? Besides everyone being against you?

franconp

This game is a 6/7 in the Crab Scale so there are non-traditional roles and we could have a non-traditional mechanic too, right?

Top Bottom