• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Wii not covered in latest Famitsu: Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait to play the same game, again! for the 5th time!

These look real...ly well done for a fake. That being said, zelda wii is all but confirmed for e3 so dont worry my nintenbros, miyamoto will come and stroke your hair and whisper sweet nothings into your ears

005.jpg

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Jesus Christ that art is amazing. I wanna play as tree trunk bazooka beast inside the Death Star in the Grand Canyon.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
since everybody's doin it im gonna post some weird stuff too

this is a song i wrote in the 5th grade called i like girls

here it goes

i like girls a lot
i like girls
i like girls a lot
doodely dee
doodely doo
doodely dee
doodelt doo doo
i like girls a lot
i like girls
dunna dunna dunna dunna batman

Skiesofwonder said:
*sigh* this is the scan in question.

e32k10.jpg

Was posted over at the IGN boards. Looked real enough to me. What's really sad is that the people over at IGN still think it is real.
Believe it or not, I saw this scan in my frantic search, saw the screens of NSMB (the original, I recognise the stage), saw the fake art and immediately thought "Fake" and kept looking.

The fact that it'd be announcing NSMB 2 and Zelda Wii on the same page (both titles that'd get a two-page treatment on their own) should've told you it was as fake as Dolly Parton's boobs. Not only that, but the scans are too clean around the artwork to be Famitsu. It needed more rubbish text.

Surgeon Rocket said:
since everybody's doin it im gonna post some weird stuff too

this is a song i wrote in the 5th grade called i like girls

here it goes

i like girls a lot
i like girls
i like girls a lot
doodely dee
doodely doo
doodely dee
doodelt doo doo
i like girls a lot
i like girls
dunna dunna dunna dunna batman

thats really all there is to say on the matter

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
CO_Andy said:
I think the last person who posted fake Famitsu news got duckrolled with a permaban.

To my defense, the scan looked really REAL.

e32k10.jpg

And it is right before E3 so it was extremely possibly. Besides, I didn't think someone would make such an elaborate fake just for "new" artwork.

Please don't ban me.

Cep

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Believe it or not, I saw this scan in my frantic search, saw the screens of NSMB (the original, I recognise the stage), saw the fake art and immediately thought "Fake" and kept looking.

The fact that it'd be announcing NSMB 2 and Zelda Wii on the same page (both titles that'd get a two-page treatment on their own) should've told you it was as fake as Dolly Parton's boobs. Not only that, but the scans are too clean around the artwork to be Famitsu. It needed more rubbish text.

The fact that they were both announced withing the same six month period and just after galaxies release signaled fake! a mile away.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gouty said:
Jesus Christ that art is amazing. I wanna play as tree trunk bazooka beast inside the Death Star in the Grand Canyon.
Don't forget your face helicopter!

2u7n8dk.jpg

You can store it in your iceberg city.

guildwars2-11.jpg

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The only thing this topic has done is make me want to look into Guild Wars 2 and possibly buy the original Guild Wars.

Mission success?

ReiGun

Skiesofwonder, I'm sorry, but

m7gjr6.gif

But before this happens (assuming it does), I want the names of whoever led you to these scans. I'm gonna track down the creator(s) of this horrible lie and make him pay. Make him pay...to DEATH.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skiesofwonder said:

Erm not really... exclusive scoop on two of the biggest nintendo games in famitsu, squeezed on one page ? lol

Skiesofwonder said:
No it didn't. Famitsu would never announce a Wii game and a DS game on the same page like this.

Even if the page were just focused on the fake art, where was the random, brightly coloured text superimposed onto the art and obscuring any detail you might want to see? That's what REAL Famitsu scans look like.

It was too good to be true. NSMB 2 and Zelda Wii on the same scan? No way.

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Magazine scans. Bannable.
Game Concept art. A-OK.
GAF Logic. Bizarro Nutwacky.
magazine scans are copyright of the magazine

this concept art was released on the internet as promotional material or by the artists themselves

Skiesofwonder

Yeah I fucked up guys. Sorry. Guess my inner Nintendo fanboy got the best of me and didn't let me think it through good enough before I hit the post thread button.

Really sorry. :(

No it didn't. Famitsu would never announce a Wii game and a DS game on the same page like this.

Even if the page were just focused on the fake art, where was the random, brightly coloured text superimposed onto the art and obscuring any detail you might want to see? That's what REAL Famitsu scans look like.

It was too good to be true. NSMB 2 and Zelda Wii on the same scan? No way.

What makes it worse was how this thread was worded, makes it look like it was official :(

CO_Andy

Looks like your buddy Aaron Strife just got banned.

Duckroll must be concocting some clever thread title as we speak before he lays down the law.

Lawlight said:
It's not like the owner of this forum is gonna get sued for that. That rule makes no sense.

The chance still exists dude.

And its mostly out of respect for the copyright holder. Its fucking basic courtesy. Accept it.

upandaway

Skiesofwonder said:
Yeah I fucked up guys. Sorry. Guess my inner Nintendo fanboy got the best of me and didn't let me think it through good enough before I hit the post thread button.

Really sorry. :(

You can't ban the guy now, come on

-Eddman-

Well we were fooled by the fake but it made me realize why we won't see anything Zelda until E3: Nintendo clearly said they want people to experience the new controls to make their judgement, why would they reaveal random concept art with no characters at all?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Skiesofwonder said:
I'm really going to miss you guys. Seriously.... so sorry.
Hopefully it'll just be for a few days like the other thread OP got.

Lawlight said:
Courtesy? You having a laugh, right? Never had any problem posting famitsu scans on gfaqs.
Wow dude. Are you dense?

This forum has certain rules, and you can read them in the FAQ.
Not all forums are the same.

Lawlight said:
It's not like the owner of this forum is gonna get sued for that. That rule makes no sense.

I think this almost happened.

Wasn't there something about Enterbrain (Famitsu owner) actually contacting the forum about the scans so GAF made the rule apply for all scans?.

Anyone in the know can clarify?.

noisome07

Banned
ReiGun said:
Skiesofwonder, I'm sorry, but

m7gjr6.gif

But before this happens (assuming it does), I want the names of whoever led you to these scans. I'm gonna track down the creator(s) of this horrible lie and make him pay. Make him pay...to DEATH.

use this one instead

sINn6.gif

Lawlight

Banned
It's frowned upon here, nevertheless. Copyrighted material doesn't fly. PR material does. Deal with it.

Deal with it? I don't care TBH. You're the people having to deal/put up with this nonsense.

Infinite Justice said:
I think this almost happened.

Wasn't there something about Enterbrain (Famitsu owner) actually contacting the forum about the scans so GAF made the rule apply for all scans?.

Anyone in the know can clarify?.

Did they sue Kotaku or 1UP for their comments about the MGS:pW review?

It's frowned upon here, nevertheless. Copyrighted material doesn't fly. PR material does. Deal with it.
Looks at avatars. Looks at links to YouTube videos of infringing content. Looks at OPs that cut and paste entire articles from game blog sites.

Makes sense.

Skiesofwonder

dallow_bg said:
Hopefully it'll just be for a few days like the other thread OP got.

I really hope so. I'm kinda scared. It's like when you are at the doctor and you know you are about to get a shot, but fuck if it doesn't seem like it takes FOREVER for her to stick it in. The wait to find out how bad it's going to hurt is the worst part...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom