• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary Shipping Meltdowns (SPOILERS)

Fj0823

Since the Samurai Jack fandom is going through a hilarious one right now.

What are the most petty/ridiculous/funny ways one of your fandoms has handled a pairing?

To me the worst/best must be Naruto
obviously
marrying Hinata Hyuuga. People even made up theories about the author being bribed by the anime studio to make their favorite pairing happen, hilarious amount of fanart were made as the true ending

The reactions were not limited to things like 4Chan or Tumblr,we had an entire thread turn into a wasteland fast.

The subsequent OT is now forever shamed with a "Not a romance manga" title.

So, what are the funniest reactions to fictional characters being written together?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wasn't there a fandom that sent death threats to its creator over shipping or am I misremembering?

aly

There was Bleach as well. Also can't wait for our first pairing in Voltron Legendary Defender. The meltdowns will be good.

Platy

Korassami ending up being canon is probably the biggest meltdown ever.

Both who are in favor and who supported it from the start EXPLODED because the chance of it becoming canon was like 0,005%

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If only Magnus and Leman Russ had gotten together, so much wanton galaxy spanning violence would have been avoided. And what a pair!

Fj0823

Who is melting down about Samurai Jack?

Tumblr.

They wanted Jack with Johnny Bravo.

I'm not joking.

http://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_opkep4XNWD1s65f8m.mp4#_=_

kcBKN1A_d.webp

Upfront I don't entirely enderstand the shipping thing, but what I do know from watching Arrow are the factions around Felicity. One who hate Felicity and want her to die. One who only accept her with Ollie and want rival love interests to die.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
VG example: Chrom x Sumia (Fire Emblem Awakening) was bashed since day one, and the latter being implied to be the main "love interest" had the fandom whip out the cannons.

Why did you have to bring up Naruto, the issue wasn't Hinata and Naruto but fucking Sakura being a stupid woman. Fuck Kishi, for not having the balls to kill Sasuke.

Does the finale of HIMYM qualify?

Lagamorph

Upfront I don't entirely enderstand the shipping thing, but what I do know from watching Arrow are the factions around Felicity. One who hate Felicity and want her to die. One who only accept her with Ollie and want rival love interests to die.

They're both wrong though since Felicity x Barry is clearly the only right pairing.

Xe4

Banned
I can't say I'm a big fan of what happened on SJ, but I do find the reactions kind of hilarious. Like, it's a fucking made up story, damn, chill.

Harry / Hermione ("H/Hr")

Never bought Hermione / Ron to be honest, even if the entirety of DH shows Ron basically sucking up to Hermione.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
"Everybody loves somebody sometime
Everybody falls in love somehow
Something in your kiss just told me
My sometime is now"

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Since the Samurai Jack fandom is going through a hilarious one right now.

Wait, what? Link please.

Edit: Covered earlier in the thread, nevermind. Looks like I'll need to find time to sit down and watch the new Samurai Jack episodes.

Also, I thought this thread was going to be involving FedEx or UPS in some way.

I knew this was about Jack before I clicked on it. 🤣
Other meltdowns I remember
Legend of Korra
Naruto
Bleach
Arrow.. kinda
Overwatch

The Naruto Shipping meltdown ahh good times. It felt good knowing the right ship won while basking in the salt mines.

The samurai Jack meltdowns are just ugly.... like wow

that's ocean levels of salt

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't watched it in years, but wasn't there a time where Supernatural fangirls got pretty much every potential Dean love interest killed?

Top Bottom