• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego 21309: NASA Apollo Saturn V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now shipping from Walmart.com! Looks like it is releasing early?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ideas-21309-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V/55231379

Aaaaand bought.

giphy.gif

AP90

Sold out now at Walmart.

For anyone who was not able to purchase one yet, you may have to try your luck on Jun 1st through the Lego store.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Let that be a hint for how to act on June 1st.

Seriously. I have a feeling this is going to be a super popular set and sell out very quickly in stores.

Great model, wide appeal, and a reasonable price

Mine from B&N will hopefully be waiting for me at home this afternoon.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Amazon is now shipping other June 1 dated sets, so it's worth keeping an eye there (though last I checked they didn't even have a listing).

Seriously. I have a feeling this is going to be a super popular set and sell out very quickly in stores.

Mine from B&N will hopefully be waiting for me at home this afternoon.

Have there been other Ideas sets that sold out immediately?

AP90

I'll fight you!
Hopefully you will be able to snag one on June 1st.. Or maybe Amazon will have it available early like Walmart did.

After my missed opportunity in purchasing the space shuttle one before, I was not going to let that happen again.

I will prob not be able to assemble it yet as I will have to discuss with my spouse as to where it will be safe to put it. Wanted it to be the fireplace mantle center piece but that was shot down =( lmao.

**Did anyone check jet.com to see if it's maybe in stock there? Edit: Not there

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

Yeah I don't follow Lego whatsoever and bought this the second that I could from Walmart.

I hope this set is sold at the Kennedy Space Center. I was there last month and the toys at the gift shop are underwhelming. They deserve better toys.

Btw for those who haven't been there before, the blue horizontal supports in this Lego set echo those of the actual Saturn V display, which is a nice touch

Megasoum

Banned
Doesn't look like it's available in Canada yet

Anyway not a big deal since I'm planning on doing it during E3 while I'm on vacation.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Now if only LEGO would make a launch platform for it. And I still think they should do a Creator Expert/UCS style NASA set every year. Heck, make profits from it go to fund space programs or science programs in the world. It would be a huge hit. I just want more. A lot more like this.

Like I said before, this is my first set in probably 15 years. But this, especially the bolded, would get me to keep buying more. Kind of wish I had gotten the shuttle expedition one, too expensive to justify now though.

Has anyone's Walmart order shipped? Mine still says processing.

Edit: looks like mine shipped.

Kyaw

Same. Being trying a few places but no luck. There are ebay listings saying they'll ship 27th may but unless there is a surprise last minute early access for VIPs I don't see how

I was thinking of just picking it up from the online lego shop but seeing if there are early drops.

DBT85

I was thinking of just picking it up from the online lego shop but seeing if there are early drops.

That's all I'm doing. Since one will be a birthday gift for December and another will be being sealed away for years and only one is for me, I'm in no rush. I don;t have the time right now but soon I shall.

Kyaw

That's all I'm doing. Since one will be a birthday gift for December and another will be being sealed away for years and only one is for me, I'm in no rush. I don;t have the time right now but soon I shall.

I'm just worried of it running out of stock immediately at launch

elfinke

Is that from the Lego website, or is it available locally?

From here:

https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/LEGO-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

As others noted, an extra $30 will get free shipping, so I'm going to complete my Speed Champions collection (and maybe grab the VW Van at last...)

Y'all missed the fun in the LEGO thread. Ordered over a week ago from BN in store and built it last week.

The LEGO thread sucks, lol. Awesome post though, thanks for sharing - what's BN? Wish Lego had a bigger shop footprint in Australia for things like this, as it seems there is no realistic way to ever get things early locally.

Sh0k

Like I said before, this is my first set in probably 15 years. But this, especially the bolded, would get me to keep buying more. Kind of wish I had gotten the shuttle expedition one, too expensive to justify now though.

Has anyone's Walmart order shipped? Mine still says processing.

Edit: looks like mine shipped.

My order from Walmart just changed from processing to shipped, arriving Wednesday the 24th. Saved me the one hour trip I was planning to take to the Lego store June 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom