• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

ghostmind

vABaN9u.jpg

75192 Millennium Falcon™
Ages 16+. 7,541 pieces.
US $799.99 – CA $899.99 – DE 799.99€ – UK £649.99 – DK 6999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Travel the LEGO® galaxy in the ultimate Millennium Falcon!

Welcome to the largest, most detailed LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon model we've ever created—in fact, with over 7,500 pieces it is the biggest LEGO model ever sold! This amazing LEGO interpretation of Han Solo's unforgettable Corellian freighter has all the details that Star Wars fans of any age could wish for, including intricate exterior detailing, upper and lower quad laser cannons, landing legs, lowering boarding ramp and a 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy. Remove individual hull plates to reveal the highly detailed main hold, rear compartment and gunnery station. This amazing model also features interchangeable sensor dishes and crew, so you decide whether to play out classic LEGO Star Wars adventures with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO, or enter the world of Episode VII and VIII with older Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8!
• Includes 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO.
• Also includes 3 Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn.
• Figures include a BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock.
• Exterior features include intricately detailed and removable hull panels, a lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes, upper and lower quad laser cannons, and 7 landing legs.
• Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, engineering station with turning minifigure seat and a doorway build with passageway decoration.
• Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console, 2 doorways, hidden floor compartment, 2 escape pod hatches, engineering console and an access ladder to the gunnery station.
• Gunnery station features a minifigure gunner's seat and detachable hull panel with fully rotating quad laser cannon. An additional quad laser cannon is also mounted on the underside.
• Also includes an informational fact plaque.
• Features a new cockpit canopy element.
• Classic crew weapons include Han's blaster pistol and Chewbacca's stud-firing bowcaster.
• Episode VII/VIII crew weapons include Han's blaster, Rey's small silver blaster and Finn's medium blaster rifle.
• Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!
• Open individual hull panels to access the detailed interior while retaining the overall exterior appearance.
• Slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon.
• Turn classic Leia's and Han's head to reveal their breathing mask decoration.
• Makes the perfect intergalactic toy or flagship display model.
• Measures over 8" (21cm) high, 33" (84cm) long and 22" (56cm) wide.

Designer Video

(For more LEGO discussion, visit LEGO-GAF in the OT Community forum. Our current thread is here.)

Finally, after such a long wait. Glad I didn't go down the bricklinking path for the 10179.

Also a little bit disappointed with the number of minifigures and the use of stickers.

Plum

£650 is an amazing price. I was fully expecting us Brits to get fucked over with at least a £750 price.

So the price is right, and it looks bloody amazing, but where the hell am I going to put it?

AMUSIX

Definitely getting it...not sure where I'll put it, though...

Also, wish it had R2, Luke, and Obiwan minifigs...

thread title lacks the fact that this is the largest retail set ever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This has gone from a must-buy to a "going to think about it".

Let downs:
Stickers
Shockingly few minifigures
Only partial interior.

#FreeLuke
#FreeLando
#FreeObiWan

Lando is the one piloting the falcon in that scene on the box set too :p
I missed out on this 10 years ago so I'm there day 1 😎

$800.

To put that in perspective, $1000 has bought me the materials to build the structure of a 12x12 building including land prep.

papluh

Part of the official media kit :D

Should it be titled "How to handle the Millennium Falcon ?" or "Mine, MINE, ALL MINE !!!!"

36098377964_1e7e8c6cf8.jpg

36124174843_fe0cf88b06.jpg

CHC

It's insanely beautiful.

Anyone on the fence should consider the fact that it will be worth much more than you paid for it a few years after it is discontinued, provided you keep all the pieces, instructions, and maybe the box.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I cannot imagine being so wealthy that I'd feel comfortable enough throwing away 800 dollars on a Star Wars ship made of Lego.

I want it but I'm not happy with the price. $599 Is more reasonable. Now Lego is just using Star Wars as a cash grab knowing there's 2 movies coming out that will feature the falcon.

So where has the extra 2000 pieces gone into? The partial interior doesnt look like it would use more than 500. Is it just a bunch of detail bits? Doesnt feel like that warrants a $300 price increase.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Show of hands.

Who else never noticed that the Force Awakens Falcon had little bits added to the front of it until now and thought the only difference was the dish?

So where has the extra 2000 pieces gone into? The partial interior doesnt look like it would use more than 500. Is it just a bunch of detail bits? Doesnt feel like that warrants a $300 price increase.

There are a LOT more pieces thrown onto the exterior for detail than the original.

bionic77

Probably a good investment if you hold onto it for a few years.

If it retails for $700 someone will probably pay 2 grand for an unopened one 2 years from now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Probably a good investment if you hold onto it for a few years.

If it retails for $700 someone will probably pay 2 grand for an unopened one 2 years from now.

I question how good an investment this will be.

Everyone knows how much the old one went up, and will be buying for just that reason.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
That's an insane price and it's ridiculously large and I cannot store it, but goddammit I need this in my life!

CHC

Um the price per part ratio is actually very reasonable.

It kind of isn't, though. The "average" Lego price is 10 cents per part. Usually small licensed sets tend to cost a little more than that (ie; Jakku Quadjumper - 457 pieces for $49.99), while large sets tend to be on the lower side (ie; Assembly Square - 4002 pieces for $279).

I definitely think this is on the overpriced side, but I'm sure it took a lot of Lego's resources and they know the fans will pay. The price is so far over the "impulse purchase" line that those who want it will find a way to make it work.

bionic77

I question how good an investment this will be.

Everyone knows how much the old one went up, and will be buying for just that reason.
The price will go up, just a question of how much.

I hope it doesn't because fuck people who buy this shit to make money off of people who wanted one but could not get it.

Top Bottom