• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

bremon

9 0 0 $ C A N A D I A N + T A X

Let this sink in for a second fellow Canadians...
I was expecting $1000 CAD honestly. That said, this should have more minis, ie, Luke, Obi-Wan, R2, Lando, Nien Nunb, etc. It should cover the main cast who piloted / adventured in the Falcon from IV-VII. Underside honestly looks bad. Partial interior is a disappointment. I somewhat want this but for $900 I can build a large 40k army and more power tools for other hobbies...so...I've gone from must-have to maybe.

marq_roq

Neo Member
9b08dfc03dcce82afbbc36c2647b72d52279ce76_hq.gif

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan and I haven't touched a Lego in over 22 years...

...so why do I want this so badly? :(

I wish they'd do another AT-AT. :-/

I love the falcon design in the movies, but the lego versions always seem pretty cluttered. That's very much due to the original design I guess though.

I have the plastic one for action figures that lit up and made sounds and you could open up the back. It looks about that size. I don't remember if it was Hasbro or another one. I'd rather have that than a lego one though.

$800 that is cheap for the amount you get seriously I thought this was going to be like 1200 :O

Looks incredible btw I wish I had time for stuff like this.

jadedm17

I cannot imagine being so wealthy that I'd feel comfortable enough throwing away 800 dollars on a Star Wars ship made of Lego.

Lego sets are great investments; Watch this be $2000 in a few years.

It's fun to judge too but we all need our hobbies. Personally I don't make much but having no kids, no cable, no expensive iPhone, don't smoke or have an insane car payment.... yea, I could afford this; You can have anything, you can't have everything.

OK wat.
My guess about the price here was way high. ONLY 900€!

Still ridiculous price...

Criticizing with no points to make. Ridiculous post is more like it.

Lego has an insane range of set types and prices. How is this ridiculous or effect you at all?

Not a fan of it for building or playing purposes. That's way too few minifigures for that price (I believe the Lego Death Star had about 16 and it cost $300 less). For that many pieces, it doesn't seem that big, so it obviously has a lot smaller pieces. It doesn't approach the kind of beauty of something like the Lego Taj Mahal, which I think is the best of the biggest Lego sets.

That said, I am still getting one for investing purposes. I think it will at least double in value, it has the advantage of being the biggest Lego set ever, and I can't see that changing any time soon.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
In for an $800 porg mini-fig.

DJ_Lae

It looks cool. Just...$900CDN is insane.

I mean, it's not as if I've never purchased expensive Lego sets before (I have and love the Tumbler and Disney Castle). But even I had to nab the Disney Castle as a family Christmas present otherwise there's no way in hell I could have justified it to anyone, even myself.

Woorloog

Banned
Criticizing with no points to make. Ridiculous post is more like it.

Lego has an insane range of set types and prices. How is this ridiculous or effect you at all?

Because it is considerably more than the nominal price in the US or Denmark, or even many euro-countries. I did expected 1000+€ price, that would not have been out of line with how much more some sets cost here.

Hell, direct conversion (from dollars) is overpriced though considering prices here included taxes (or, well, can be), it is not that bad, but that extra 100€...

IIRC, stuff costs as much more in Belgium as here in Finland, while some other places have lesser price increase. Why the variability?

It just fucking sucks.

yeah but those are actual places like the taj mahal.
pop culture it's all star wars. 3 death stars and the old falcon in the top 10.

Among the 3,000+ piece sets, there's Ghostbusters Firehouse and Disney Castle. And original sets like Grand Carousel, Assembly Square and the new Ninjago City. They don't make a ton of sets at that size, but only about half of them are SW (and that's only because they made three versions of the Death Star).

Edit: I guess it would be more accurate to say, they didn't used to make a ton of sets at that size. Many of the largest sets were released within the last couple of years.

DBT85

It still is a rip off? You can get two Ghostbuster HQ's for $700 and that is almost 1,400 extra pieces.
And that's not for the star wars ip on it.

Like yeah, it sucks that it's that much more expensive, but it is what it is and is online with other star wars sets.

I'd say an iPhone is a rip off but each to their own.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
And that's not for the star wars ip on it.

Like yeah, it sucks that it's that much more expensive, but it is what it is and is online with other star wars sets.

I'd say an iPhone is a rip off but each to their own.

New Iphone probably released the day after the MF..

It's kind of admirable their business, now I think about it. They got to sell people $800 for just a load of plastic pieces. Imagine the profits.

Top Bottom