• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Will it only be available on their site?

Maybe I can go to the local Toys R Us. It's been 10 years

I remember a local TRU store caring the old UCS Falcon, but I would buy it from their site or a LEGO store and make sure to sign up for the VIP program just for the rewards coupons you'll get from the set.

It still is a rip off? You can get two Ghostbuster HQ's for $700 and that is almost 1,400 extra pieces.

Ha ha, if you think that's bad, try comparing it to the non-licensed stuff

You can get...
3 Big Bens (12,000+ pieces) for $750
2 Ninjago Citys (9,600+ pieces) for $600
2 Assembly Squares (8,000+ pieces) for $560

I think it is in line with other big Star Wars sets, though. These UCS sets are always awesome, but their prices per piece are usually awful (thanks to the SW tax).

vI4KYj9.gif

omg

I remember a local TRU store caring the old UCS Falcon, but I would buy it from their site or a LEGO store and make sure to sign up for the VIP program just for the rewards coupons you'll get from the set.

Hell yeah didn't know about the rewards program. So it's coming out on Oct 1. How long can we expect this to stay in stock?

Koren

Hell yeah didn't know about the rewards program. So it's coming out on Oct 1. How long can we expect this to stay in stock?
It's anybody guess...

People in the VIP program can order it from september 14th, if I'm not mistaken, not sure if people registering now qualify...

Koren

Why do these cost so much? doesn't look that special. How much does it cost to manufacture?
You can produce similar building sets for far less (there's chinese copies for half he price or less) but Lego has impressive precision on parts so they have a lot of clutch power and work a LONG time. They must have a nice margin, but it's not awfully inflated, I'd say.

Why do these cost so much? doesn't look that special. How much does it cost to manufacture?

Lego uses an extremely high quality plastic and molds for making bricks, along with the license from Disney.

Just the weight of plastic in the box, if you were to buy it raw, is probably more than most "regular" Lego sets cost.

You can produce similar building sets for far less (there's chinese copies for half he price or less) but Lego has impressive precision on parts so they have a lot of clutch power and work a LONG time. They must have a nice margin, but it's not awfully inflated, I'd say.

also the pieces are so durable. i stepped on legos pieces with shoes all the time when i was a kid and they never broke

Is this bigger and more expensive than the SSD?

Also I hope they bring the AT-AT.

Wonder if it'd have working legs or fixed positions. I'm thinking fixed positions with different build options for different poses, whether it be stepping forward or standing in place. Talk about a nerve wracking display piece, the legs wouldn't be sturdy enough.

Randam

how much of the interior is accessible?

Looks like you can' open it up as much as the normal MF.

and what do I have to do, to get one in any case?

mrkgoo

Very disappointed by the lack of fully modeled interior.

I don't get this. It's a Lego model. It actually needs structure to be able to stand and be handled. A fully modelled interior to scale? Probably isn't even possible while retaining whatever rules lego uses to maintain stability.

The Australian price is a total rip off

Unlike the New Big Ben set which was (and still is) close to the exchange rate, the price in Australian dollars is well over 1000 usd at current exchange rates meaning over 250 usd is larded in there.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't get this. It's a Lego model. It actually needs structure to be able to stand and be handled. A fully modelled interior to scale? Probably isn't even possible while retaining whatever rules lego uses to maintain stability.

Not to mention (doesn't everyone already know this by now?) the Millennium Falcon's interior is physically impossible relative to its exterior, absent some Tardis-level quantum geometry magic.

Raw mass of plastic manufactured at a degree of engineering precision that seems like overkill for toys at first glance.

Also, star wars tax. Other massive sets have been cheaper per piece.

Leynos

Not to mention (doesn't everyone already know this by now?) the Millennium Falcon's interior is physically impossible relative to its exterior, absent some Tardis-level quantum geometry magic.

What I've always wondered was where the cargo was supposed to be stored? Other ships had, at least externally, obvious cargo holds, but the Millenium Falcon looks liked it carried so little, especially considering what we saw of its interior. Perhaps it had been so heavily modified that the cargo space was taken up by engines, power plant, and wookiee litter boxes?

It's just a silly space movie, and none of it makes any sense.

Koren

People that think that's expensive for plastic should stay away from model cars... They use Lego prices to show prices in this hobby are far too high ;)

also the pieces are so durable. i stepped on legos pieces with shoes all the time when i was a kid and they never broke
Except their road signs, I think I broke half of them :/

how much of the interior is accessible?
Not much, I'd say. Cockpit, Dejarik loundge and a seat under upper quads, I think.

Lego has strict rules to have sturdy models, that doesn't help.

Koren

What I've always wondered was where the cargo was supposed to be stored? Other ships had, at least externally, obvious cargo holds, but the Millenium Falcon looks liked it carried so little, especially considering what we saw of its interior. Perhaps it had been so heavily modified that the cargo space was taken up by engines, power plant, and wookiee litter boxes?

It's just a silly space movie, and none of it makes any sense.
Most of the space in disc are holds. There's lifts underside to move cargo, inbaddition of the ramp.

Look at schematics on wookiepedia for example for details.

Though it's clear in the EU universe at least that those ships usually can't be profitable inter-system with legal cargo.

Fighting buying this when I know Necromunda: Underhive is right around the corner. I'll probably get way more use out of this though. LEGO is basically my stress therapy.

1070 USD in Sweden. Get out.

Anyway, Lego is a goddamn investment, and not just in terms of keeping or exceeding its value. If you bought Lego in 1967, or 1987, or 2007, and just played with it reasonably, it's still 100% compatible with anything released today and most likely will be in 2067 too. It's an actual heirloom. They are still showing off new usages for parts first released in the 80's. Yes, it's expensive but it's a premium brand and has always been.

I'm just glad I don't care enough about this particular set. Or so I will keep telling myself.

That price. I wonder how much it actually costs to manufacture.

How much does any consumer goods cost to manufacture?

Also, a Chinese piracy company stealing designs and molds, and ignoring licenses, and not having customer support, can absolutely sell theirs for less. Also, I hear you can get all games on The Pirate Bay, why are people still buying them?

F34R

It was hard for me to get the latest Death Star for $500. This is a hard pill to swallow. $800+tax. Ugh.

Top Bottom