• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover |OT| - This city has 4 ports

Peterthumpa

jbvjc0ufrx5z8cptjw8.png

app0ogsv7k3o.png

Platform: Nintendo Switch / PS4 / Xbox One / PC
Genre: Open world action-adventure game
Players: 2

4s59mikccjnk.png

In LEGO City Undercover, Chase McCain is trying to arrest the dangerous Rex Fury who is responsible for the recent crime wave in LEGO City. To do this he goes undercover, exploring the sprawling open-world LEGO City and donning a range of different costumes for special abilities; for example, dressed up as a miner he can utilise dynamite, while becoming a robber lets him pry open doors.

p5fzxtzbmkg1.png

• Experience LEGO City like never before. Players will encounter familiar play sets come to life as they explore the vast city, looking for clues to bring Rex Fury to justice.
  • Players can go undercover with a variety of disguises, including a firefighter, a construction worker, and even a robber, and use their unique abilities to solve puzzles and access new areas of the city.
  • There are more than 100 vehicles for players to collect and use to explore the city, including sports cars, motorcycles, and even aircraft.
  • LEGO City: Undercover delivers humor, parody, and more with fully voiced characters and ambient crowds, bringing LEGO City to life.

8ekna0gt6k4d.png

PS4 screenshots:

lego-city-undercover-sports-car-screen-03-ps4-us-04jan16

lego-city-undercover-helicopter-screen-02-ps4-us-04jan16

lego-city-undercover-chase-new-outfit-screen-01-ps4-us-04jan16

Quick and dirty, will probably update later (and also art stolen from the awesome original OT, credits to CoolS and Katana_Strikes for the original thread and artwork).

hatchx

Banned
Probably the best Lego game in terms of originality, ambition, humour, and gameplay variety. I recommend it to anyone who didn't play it the first time.

Really enjoyed it on WiiU. It's a shame they didn't fix the load times. Would have been what triggered a double dip for me.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Easily the best Lego game ever burned to disc, don't sleep on this one, even if you didn't care for prior Lego games.

I'm struggling with whether or not I want to double dip, personally.

Probably the best Lego game in terms of originality, ambition, humour, and gameplay variety. I recommend it to anyone who didn't play it the first time.

Really enjoyed it on WiiU. It's a shame they didn't fix the load times. Would have been what triggered a double dip for me.

I'm gonna double dip since I never finished the wiiu game and would really love to play this game with a friend.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Really??? I was all set to double dip as I could not stand the loading on Wii U. Is this not fixed really?

Does it still have long loading times (like one minute) on the Switch? I've played it on WiiU but couldn't finish it.

edit: Wow, seems like it does. Holy shit.

Wound up double dipping on this, overdue for another run through after 5 years and the graphics updates and portable ability make it a somewhat easy choice. Very good game, don't sleep on it if you haven't played it yet.

I am extremely curious about the load times across all platforms. I liked the game but the load times on Wii U were unbearable for me. I'd double dip on a ps4 or xbone version if the price and load times are right.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This is a stellar game. If anybody is on the fence, just go for it. I played it to completion at the original launch and if I didn't still have hours and hours left to put into Zelda, I wouldn't hesitate to double dip and play through it again.

People aren't exaggerating about the loading times, though. Have your phone nearby to kill time. Thankfully the huge loading screen are relatively rare.

oatmeal

Banned
Opening loading im not concerned with. It's the going inside anywhere loading that killed t for me

Such a horribly optimized game on the Wii U

jman4371

Neo Member
Bought the switch version and I'm kinda disappointed. While it's cool to have it on the go, docked or undocked, performance is under 30fps a lot in the open world. Hopefully there's some patches in the future.
Someone tell me about the Switch load times
They average about 45 seconds for me. 20 seconds better than the Wii U but still awful. :/

Bought the switch version and I'm kinda disappointed. While it's cool to have it on the go, docked or undocked, performance is under 30fps a lot in the open world. Hopefully there's some patches in the future.

They average about 45 seconds for me. 20 seconds better than the Wii U but still awful. :/
That's sad to hear

Opening loading im not concerned with. It's the going inside anywhere loading that killed t for me

Such a horribly optimized game on the Wii U

I don't believe it would be hyperbole to say it had the worst load times of any game I have played in my life and I am 39. There may have been worse games but I am hard-pressed to think of one.

I agree the initial load would be fine if that was basically it but I remember going in and out of the police station and other in game loading taking forever too.

BrhysH

Double dipped, I have the WiiU original and now a Switch copy coming. I enjoyed it, the game has charm... Plus I couldn't pass up buying it new for only 27 bucks.

oatmeal

Banned
I don't believe it would be hyperbole to say it had the worst load times of any game I have played in my life and I am 39. There may have been worse games but I am hard-pressed to think of one.

I agree the initial load would be fine if that was basically it but I remember going in and out of the police station and other in game loading taking forever too.
Yep same feeling here. Maybe Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets. That shit was fucked up too.

Great games, both of them, but totally unenjoyable to play.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Shame that the Nintendo Easter eggs are only in the Switch version. I mean, I know why that makes sense, but still. Would be good if they'd replaced them with some rough equivalents.

Well probably pick this up for PS4 at some point as I love my Lego games. Played them all, other than Lego Movie and Jurassic Park, which I believe were developed by a different studio.

PaulLFC

PC runs at 1080/60 for me. Port is barebones to say the least, including non - functional graphics settings on the main menu. No borderless windowed (really? In 2017?). Seems to lock up if alt-tabbed.

I couldn't get Gedosato to work with it to see if I could downsample or force borderless, but that could just be idiocy on my part rather than the game itself.

Dragoshi1

Only two questions;

Is the Skeleton Rex unlockable now for open world goodness?

And are there new Nintendo Easter eggs, or just the same ones as before?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I actually beat this with my son on the Wii U. Its a solid game for sure, and great for kids. Also really like the title!

Wtf... I thought with the cartridge/sd cards load time would be much faster...

From other thread - cdkeys has the game for the ridiculous price of $15. Bought and registered fine for me, downloading now.

Lkr

From other thread - cdkeys has the game for the ridiculous price of $15. Bought and registered fine for me, downloading now.

let me know how it is, i have yet to see any indications of performance. i assume the load times will be fine on an SSD but i don't know what system to buy this for. i was originally leaning switch since i want shit to play on it

It's always a bummer that they don't include online co-op with these titles any more. Would add so much value.

edit. The art is really nice in this game. Loved what I saw in ACG's video review.

Karak

It's always a bummer that they don't include online co-op with these titles any more. Would add so much value.

edit. The art is really nice in this game. Loved what I saw in ACG's video review.

Ya I admit there is a ton to like here. Just not at all impressed technically with the remake and to be honest even if it wasn't a remake. Technically its got a lot of FPS issues later game.
That being said. It there are times where its just pure fun.

Plum

Looks like the Switch version is out of stock on Amazon UK. I guess I'll wait a bit before getting the game, got Persona 5 to play anyway.

BigEmil

Ya I admit there is a ton to like here. Just not at all impressed technically with the remake and to be honest even if it wasn't a remake. Technically its got a lot of FPS issues later game.
It's neither a remaster aswell it's a simple quick barebones port nothing really improved just added a 2 player mode in and there near full price for a 4 year old game

Top Bottom