• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover |OT| - This city has 4 ports

deadfolk

Has anyone got Lego City Undercover on Switch? Whats it like? I heard the performance undocked was quite choppy and it had a few glitches, were these patched?

Want to know if its worth gettibg as i heard it has some Ninty easyer eggs as well?

The frame rate can be a little rough in places, but it really depends on how sensitive you are to this stuff. I mean, it's not the type of game where it really affects gameplay too much. It doesn't bother me too much, personally.

Haven't noticed any glitches personally and had no crashes. Load times can be on the long side, but they're not very frequent (and apparently it's better than on Wii U).

Caayn

Is there anyway to turn off the constant tutorial messages that appear at the bottom of the screen?

VeeP

The frame rate can be a little rough in places, but it really depends on how sensitive you are to this stuff. I mean, it's not the type of game where it really affects gameplay too much. It doesn't bother me too much, personally.

Haven't noticed any glitches personally and had no crashes. Load times can be on the long side, but they're not very frequent (and apparently it's better than on Wii U).

I plan on playing in undocked mode. Is the frame rate drops similar to BotW? I don't mind the frame drops in that. Do you recommend picking the game up?

deadfolk

I plan on playing in undocked mode. Is the frame rate drops similar to BotW? I don't mind the frame drops in that. Do you recommend picking the game up?

Far worse than BotW. I think BotW is 30 with occasional drops. This seems sub 30 a lot of the time. I only play it undocked.

I'm hesitant to recommend if you're concerned about the frame rate. I feel that if it's something you're thinking about before even playing it then it might be an issue for you.

There is no doubt that it's less than ideal, but whether it's a problem is purely down to personal preference. There are people who find it unplayable (which is an exaggeration, imo), people who don't notice or at all (hard to believe) and I think most of us are somewhere in between.

I personally do not regret picking it up one bit.

DjRalford

My 4 yr old has put over 40hrs into this on switch since release, she started barely able to control it and now plays it like a superbrick hunting lego ninja, she's upto chapter 11!

Top Bottom