• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm tempted to get it, but i'm afraid that the three rockets will be boring to build. What is your impression on them?

They're really quick to build, you don't have time to get bored. Fab set too

I got the VW bus Lego set for my gf at the time for Christmas, she broke up with me a couple days later, uggh. I really wanted to put that thing together :( $90 wasted lol Anyway this thread just reminded me of that. Maybe Ill get another one, I heard it was kind of a pain to assemble though.

Not at all, VW Camper is great fun to build. Something new reveals itself almost every page.

Has this been posted yet? I missed a bunch of stuff this week.

lego-75023.jpg

Just bought 2 mini City sets (a race car and a firefighter boat) :D

First Lego I've bought in the last 15 years lol

One of us! :)

Tonight I had a little late Lego themed birthday party. I made a cake shaped like a 2x2 brick and we played some Lego LotR and Rock Band. They mostly went along with the theme: I got a Friend squirrel house, episodes 5-8 of Ninjago on DVD (lol) and a PSN card.

Ponn

Banned
Finally found series 9 minifigs at walmart. Got a couple, felt them up looking for cyclops, chicken guy, knight or space marine monster thing.

I ended up with judge and mermaid, eh.

leng jai

The VW camper van is easily one of the best sets around and always the one that gets the most attention when put on display. The level of detail is insane and difficult to see it's actually Lego from afar. The only downside is that it can be fragile during the building process and one of the stickers is poorly worded.

lingiii

Banned
Has this been posted yet? I missed a bunch of stuff this week.

<advent calendar>

Man. I really hope they bring it on this one. Aside from the Grand Finale, I wasn't really pumped about this year's. a bunch of the ships were pretty good, but having that damn Gungin Weapon Rack as a day. Man.

Last year was my first and I wasn't impressed. But their box design is always so alluring....

The price on those thing are terrible. Seriously $39.99 for bunch of mini-figs and micro-scale ship is just too much. I bought it only because they were on clearance for $22.00. I hope they have more sensible pricing this year, probably not.

Jabba's Palace arrives today from Amazon. Now I am lusting after the Rancor's Pit.

L1wYJ67.jpg

Recent acquisitions. Started building the Z-95 last night, pretty fun build so far.

They're making me wait until bag 4 until I can get Pong Krell out though, so he isn't allowed to supervise the build.

Yeah I know, not much love for Clone Wars in here lol.

I don't mind Clone Wars, my daughter and I just finish Mandalorian Fighter. It is pretty nice ship actually. They were on sale at Wal-Mart for 39.99, they also have the Old Republic ship for $35.00. My daughter think the ship looks like Mass Effect Normandy.

XbFkzIJl.jpg

Dragoshi1

Caved and got the Log Cabin set.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-27-at-6.57.50-PM.png

Really fun to build, couldn't decide between the main instructions or the 2nd optional instructions!

But I can't help feeling these sets are too easy. What would be a decently priced challenge?

I completed the house in just 20 minutes, and most of my sets took me 5-12 minutes.

Really fun to build, couldn't decide between the main instructions or the 2nd optional instructions!

But I can't help feeling these sets are too easy. What would be a decently priced challenge?

I completed the house in just 20 minutes, and most of my sets took me 5-12 minutes.

Hunt down Apple Tree House if you can still find it. It is $50, and a fun build, and a lot of good parts.

What price range are you looking to stay in for a good build for a set?

Also, to everyone: do you want me to update the OP and remove the OOP sets from it and put some of the new sets that many of us have gotten and raved about?

After reading some of the walmart deals, (my store has ghost train for $54.00, too steap for me still) I was checking online, and they really don't have all that bad of sale prices.

Quinjet for $55.97, not bad.

I just don't know why my walmart NEVER has stuff on sale/clearance. If they do, it's maybe 10% if that..

Edit - anyone ever get this set?

The Sith Fury-class Interceptor

I was thinking about it, but I haven't decided if it would be a good display/build

After reading some of the walmart deals, (my store has ghost train for $54.00, too steap for me still) I was checking online, and they really don't have all that bad of sale prices.

I just don't know why my walmart NEVER has stuff on sale/clearance. If they do, it's maybe 10% if that..

I was thinking about it, but I haven't decided if it would be a good display/build

I love the Sith Fury. It was my first Lego purchased out of the dark age. It is so far our favorite built or all the new site t we got.

edit: I got it in sale and agree normal price is high but is true for all Star Wars set.

R-User!

Hunt down Apple Tree House if you can still find it. It is $50, and a fun build, and a lot of good parts.

Also, to everyone: do you want me to update the OP and remove the OOP sets from it and put some of the new sets that many of us have gotten and raved about?

Sure why not?... Quarterly updates seems reasonably often enough to not be a burden. :)

Everyone that has gotten the Sith Fury has raved about it. I am still on the fence about it, but I have not read an unkind word about it as a building or display experience. The price on the other hand...

And for Quinjet, GET IT. That is a great price for a set that had no right being that good.

Everyone that has gotten the Sith Fury has raved about it. I am still on the fence about it, but I have not read an unkind word about it as a building or display experience. The price on the other hand...

I know I'm a broken record, but the price of the Sith Fury is so high. Those minifigs are fantastic however, although that might be somewhat mitigated by the recent battle pack.

A local shop is selling the Obi Wan UCS Starfighter for $45 CDN (badly damaged box). Worth it?

I would support you updating the OP, Bone. I'm not sure how many people read the OP after a thread gets going but it would probably be more welcoming with current products.

Sure why not?... Quarterly updates seems reasonably often enough to not be a burden. :)

I know I'm a broken record, but the price of the Sith Fury is so high. Those minifigs are fantastic however, although that might be somewhat mitigated by the recent battle pack.

A local shop is selling the Obi Wan UCS Starfighter for $45 CDN (badly damaged box). Worth it?

I would support you updating the OP, Bone. I'm not sure how many people read the OP after a thread gets going but it would probably be more welcoming with current products.

Shall update the OP this weekend at some point.

Right now disassembling the Haunted House since initially building it in October. it had a good run on display, as both standalone and as part of my diorama MOC. I am debating about rebuilding it once done, or boxing it up until October and building it only for Halloween season.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Pet shop if your budget allows. You get two buildings you build separately and each is much more detailed but still manageable

Dragoshi1

Around $50 bucks or lower is what I'm aiming for.

I kinda went on a small obsession spree with sets, and the numbers are slowly adding up, but I've caught this addiction and can't be rid of it.

Just completed dismantling the Death Star so that I can start building it. Is it just me or are the instructions particularly bad with the grey vs black colour differentiation?

I meant if you could get it separately. I think I've seen some figs sold, well, almost separately.

You can definitely get figures individually on the aftermarket. He goes for around $20 these days.

Speaking of which-Canadians don't forget to ask TRU employees for the Elrond mini figs. They continue to just hand them out.

Dragoshi1

My Dino T-Rex Hunter set arrived! Now this was a worthy challenge, started at around 12:30PM EST and finished at 1:42PM EST, the cockpit took the longest, kept scratching myself on some edges, but it's finished and looking good!

Also, the Rex figure is awesome, which was the main reason why I wanted the set in the first place.

Now to find this one;

5887-1.jpg

The Dino Defense HQ.

rallaren

I liked the malevolence build. It doesn't look much bigger than quinjet but felt like it took twice as long to finish it. Fat discount love is much welcome from here on.

My Dino T-Rex Hunter set arrived! Now this was a worthy challenge, started at around 12:30PM EST and finished at 1:42PM EST, the cockpit took the longest, kept scratching myself on some edges, but it's finished and looking good!

Also, the Rex figure is awesome, which was the main reason why I wanted the set in the first place.

Now to find this one;

5887-1.jpg

The Dino Defense HQ.

I found this set recently for 50% off in a store (EU though) so i got it for the Dinos alone ;) the Raptor and T-Rex should make for some great setups when i get around to opening it some day!

Vyer

Man....LEGO Store had winter village cottage for $49.99. I couldn't resist that.

They also had a slightly damaged box SSD for 20% off along with a few other things. Grabbed an A Wing.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I checked at one of the walmarts in Morgantown today and they had one item on clearance. It was an opened box queen Anne's revenge for 79.00. Not interested in the set at all, bit it was there.

Man....LEGO Store had winter village cottage for $49.99. I couldn't resist that.

They also had a slightly damaged box SSD for 20% off along with a few other things. Grabbed an A Wing.

Damn. My Lego store had 3 or 4 WV Cottages at $70 when I picked up Palace Cinema. When I went back a week later they were all gone!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Are you crazy!? Buy it! Great price and you get a pirate ship.

I got a millennium falcon two weeks ago for $70. And that was a set I really wanted. I don't really have the cash right now and I have an old pirate ship From childhood in storage. Just not one of the series I am interested in. I am more of a Star Wars and city kinda guy.
Guess I am crazy. Plus it was an opened box. Could be missing who knows what.

If you need a Lego quickfix get a hold of this guy if you can. You don't need more. Real piece of work for a minifig.

I'm waiting for the non-Clone Wars cartoon version.

Damn. My Lego store had 3 or 4 WV Cottages at $70 when I picked up Palace Cinema. When I went back a week later they were all gone!

Addicts don't pass up really good deals. Don't worry, as long as you're following this thread, you will get there eventually.

Top Bottom