• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Vyer

Damn. My Lego store had 3 or 4 WV Cottages at $70 when I picked up Palace Cinema. When I went back a week later they were all gone!

Are you kidding? Wow. Terrific price. I bought it at $99 CDN and think I got a great deal.

Yeah it's been 70 for weeks for whatever reason they couldn't move them, still had a few. My willpower held at 70 but couldn't pass on 50.

They also had Christmas lego wrapping paper sets for .99! Those will get stored for the holidays.

I got a millennium falcon two weeks ago for $70. And that was a set I really wanted. I don't really have the cash right now and I have an old pirate ship From childhood in storage. Just not one of the series I am interested in. I am more of a Star Wars and city kinda guy.
Guess I am crazy. Plus it was an opened box. Could be missing who knows what.
Yeah. I ignored the open box thing. Sorry. That is an understandable skip.

notsol337

marked forever
My LEGO Minecraft set arrived today, and I sent my little brother a couple of creator sets too. I've spent like 1k on LEGO in the last 2 months. I need to slow down!

My LEGO Minecraft set arrived today, and I sent my little brother a couple of creator sets too. I've spent like 1k on LEGO in the last 2 months. I need to slow down!

The Minecraft set is an awesome build. I don't play the game but the 1x1 nature of all of the elements makes for an interesting approach. I love that the set includes an extra "face" as well. Terrific set.

On a somewhat related note, it's amazing how many kids play Minecraft. When I pick my daughter up from dance class the hallways are littered with kids waiting for their siblings. Two weeks ago I counted fifteen kids playing Minecraft on iOS. I'm talking about six to eight year olds...that surprises me.

If fellow LEGO Gaf need the new Wal-Mart polybag (Dul Guldur Gandalf, Chima, Galaxy Squad mini-mech etc) I am willing to help and open to trade for other poly bag.

R-User!

It's go time!

Guess the set! (no peeking back a couple of pages to narrow it down to the three possible choices)

GoTime_zps373f83d5.jpg

Cinema! Dat Dark Red!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Minecraft set is an awesome build. I don't play the game but the 1x1 nature of all of the elements makes for an interesting approach. I love that the set includes an extra "face" as well. Terrific set.

On a somewhat related note, it's amazing how many kids play Minecraft. When I pick my daughter up from dance class the hallways are littered with kids waiting for their siblings. Two weeks ago I counted fifteen kids playing Minecraft on iOS. I'm talking about six to eight year olds...that surprises me.

Me too, because its rubbish on ios :)

LOL.

One of the sets I currently have assembled and on my shelf is Seaside house. I felt the littel surfer dude needed a friend so he and Ackbar are sitting under the palm tree drinking coffee and taking about big waves!

itsAtrap_zpsc328fc22.jpg

I like it :)

Would be even better though if the palm tree part would be looking out onto the sea so they could have their waves chat in the sunset or something!

Ackbar is great though..

Screw it. I'm getting the AT-RT (YODA) and Pod Escape. Lets go!!

If it's Yoda you're after mainly, why don't you wait it out for the new "Duel on Geonosis" set coming up later this year? It will have the superior Yoda (imo), it's what i'm doing myself!

Pod Escape is great though, no complaints there, got it myself solely for those Sandtroopers!

rallaren

If it's Yoda you're after mainly, why don't you wait it out for the new "Duel on Geonosis" set coming up later this year? It will have the superior Yoda (imo), it's what i'm doing myself!
I thought it was the only one. I'm not interested in the set. You're right on Yoda though. I'm not a fan of the Clone Wars design.

I thought it was the only one. I'm not interested in the set. You're right on Yoda though. I'm not a fan of the Clone Wars design.

Same here, granted the AT RT set IS cheaper than the upcoming Duel set BUT i vastly prefer the new Yoda, so it's your call i suppose (Geonosis also comes with "lightning" pieces which i am on the lookout for so i suppose that's another reason)

Same here, granted the AT RT set IS cheaper than the upcoming Duel set BUT i vastly prefer the new Yoda, so it's your call i suppose (Geonosis also comes with "lightning" pieces which i am on the lookout for so i suppose that's another reason)

If you hunt down the Monster Fighters "Mad Scientist and his Monster" set you get lightning pieces in it. And a light brick. And some great mini figures.

If you hunt down the Monster Fighters "Mad Scientist and his Monster" set you get lightning pieces in it. And a light brick. And some great mini figures.

LOL you're probably right, as i now own the whole Monster Fighters line (save for Haunted House which i will get this month for double VIP) i already have them i guess, BUT i still will have to get Geonosis for dat Yoda then won't i? ;)

LOL you're probably right, as i now own the whole Monster Fighters line (save for Haunted House which i will get this month for double VIP) i already have them i guess, BUT i still will have to get Geonosis for dat Yoda then won't i? ;)

Yes. And the lightning will just be bonus. :)

And good for waiting a bit to get double VIP on Haunted House. A godly set. I am in the middle of disassembling it now and even taking it apart is a fun time because of how cool it is.

So LEGO post another record breaking profit. You know I don't care for them to lower the price (which is unlikely anyway) but may be they should give us more for our money. If we spend $50-60 on a set please don't have us use giant sheet of stickers to decorate our bricks.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...es-as-toymaker-topples-mattel.html?cmpid=yhoo

Unfortunately, the odds are that everything will stay as it is (best case scenario), if people are buying and they are making record profits, there is NO reason at all to lower prices :(

I was thinking: has anyone tried to build all the stuff out of the Lego games? It's neat to see all props being brick built, but sometimes I'm not sure it would be physically possible or if pieces exist in those colours.

I looked up the balrog, but all the MOC stuff I see is ridiculously bad. Surely someone must have looked closely at the model and replicated it?

rallaren

The Lego sets should have more features added to them imo. Both in the System and Technic sets.
Doesn't everyone think that's fun? Like the coming Galactic Titan. I guess everything will have the same functions eventually though, because of the nature of the bricks and sizes of the sets.

It's kinda like designing video games.. and much else I guess. Whatever sells... Fuck.

Checking out MOCs instead...

No luck on picking up the WV at the Santa Clara store, they sold out. But I picked the High Speed Chase set to go along with Wii U game coming this week.

The Lego sets should have more features added to them imo. Both in the System and Technic sets.
Doesn't everyone think that's fun? Like the coming Galactic Titan. I guess everything will have the same functions eventually though, because of the nature of the bricks and sizes of the sets.

It's kinda like designing video games.. and much else I guess. Whatever sells... Fuck.

Checking out MOCs instead...

Unfortunately, the odds are that everything will stay as it is (best case scenario), if people are buying and they are making record profits, there is NO reason at all to lower prices :(

Again, I have no illusion that price will drop because that would be bad business (why sell for less when you could already sell for more) but I am just hoping they would stop cheating us with all the stickers. There are plenty of sale to be have for LEGO and if you are in no hurry to buy you could always have set at 20-30% off. More features would be great but I would rather not have gimmicky stuff like flick missiles. A real feature like rotating wings (The Mandalorian Fighter is pretty neat), working landing gears instead of stumps and may be better built with SNOT design (which take more bricks).

I notice that Wal-Mart are lower their price to under MSRP for many of the older set. I don't know if this is just for clearing out or new thread where they compete with Amazon. In any case I welcome the new price points.

Walmart has some Lego sets set for cheap, even though they aren't advertised as being on sale. Swarm Interceptor and Power Mech are $17 (MSRP $20) and the Golden Dragon is $25 (MSRP 30). These aren't listed as sales, so I don't know if they plan on keeping them at that price. Swarm Interceptor and Power Mech are both awesome, and I just picked up the Dragon today!

Torhthelm Tídwald;50501229 said:
Walmart has some Lego sets set for cheap, even though they aren't advertised as being on sale. Swarm Interceptor and Power Mech are $17 (MSRP $20) and the Golden Dragon is $25 (MSRP 30). These aren't listed as sales, so I don't know if they plan on keeping them at that price. Swarm Interceptor and Power Mech are both awesome, and I just picked up the Dragon today!
That is what I am saying, I think that is their new 'everyday low price' to compete with Amazon.

The Old Republic at $35.00 is a great buy.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Just finished putting together the newer X-Wing - 9493. It's a beaut. As everyone says, it's a great build, probably the best of the licensed vehicles, if not most of the space/Star Wars line.

I've always held off getting it for the same things that I still think, after building it, make it a 9/10 rather than a 10. Specifically: the fact R2D2 is side on. I know it helps streamline the build, but it isn't movie-accurate and looks weird. Also think it's weird the ship goes to the effort of putting forward landing gear in, but not rear ones.

But on the whole - excellent.

I bought it for £29.99 here in the UK - it was cheap on Asda Direct for a while. At that price, this was great. (By comparison I also put together part of the new Spider-Man/Nick Fury set with my son, and the bike is pretty cheap - and that set cost £20 earlier in the year.)

It's a must buy if you like the Star Wars line and can get it cheap. It's otherwise pricey (especially the £50 RRP in the UK). Although it will be OOP relatively soon I assume as other waves come in; it's already been through clearance sales a few times here at supermarkets in the UK.

We see right through the post. You're really looking for validation. I say use your plastic to buy plastic! You don't go to a pub where all the alcoholics hang out and say you should not drink as much as you have done. ;)

Will there be new sets coming this winter?

Why do you ask? LEGO has 2 major release waves. Winter (Jan) and Summer (summerish - June?). They sprinkle a few sets here and there throughout the year including winter end of year (i.e. the Iron Man sets just coming out). They sometimes have a few sets for the upcoming year available late December.

Torhthelm Tídwald;50501229 said:

I noticed that the other day. Those aren't sales, but are really good prices (~15% off MSRP). As previous poster stated, I'm sure it's to lure people in and to compete with Amazon.

Just finished putting together the newer X-Wing - 9493. It's a beaut. As everyone says, it's a great build, probably the best of the licensed vehicles, if not most of the space/Star Wars line.

*cough*Quinjet*cough*

Best Buy has the Ninjago Brickmaster book with Ninjago video game for $10. Great deal for some Lego and a DS game.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LEGO+Ni...2425879&skuId=7007165&st=ninjago ds&lp=2&cp=1

8567373848_c24a3fb42b.jpg
$10? Good amount of bricks for that price, and a free DS game? Gonna have to go get that!

And no deals at my local Wal Mart. Everything is regular price like Ghost Train. :(

On the subject of sale, Target put several LEGO set on sale today. All Galaxy Squad sets are about 20% off. I could not resist and pick up all of them to go with my Vermin Vaporizer.

I think most store in the US are getting ready for Easter vacation next week.

On another note X-wing all sold out at Amazon.

*cough*sithfuryclassinterceptor*cough*

*cough*whycan'twehaveboth?*cough*

I will probably cave on the Sith Fury soon. It just isnt screaming to me, but people gush about it enough.

Perhaps delay the UCS X-Wing to get Sith Fury and Vampyre Castle instead.

On the subject of sale, Target put several LEGO set on sale today. All Galaxy Squad sets are about 20% off. I could not resist and pick up all of them to go with my Vermin Vaporizer.

I think most store in the US are getting ready for Easter vacation next week.

URGH! Been waiting for good sales on the big Galaxy Squad stuff. I am trying to remain strong until May 4th. Must save money for vacation in few weeks!

I will probably cave on the Sith Fury soon. It just isnt screaming to me, but people gush about it enough.

Perhaps delay the UCS X-Wing to get Sith Fury and Vampyre Castle instead.

URGH! Been waiting for good sales on the big Galaxy Squad stuff. I am trying to remain strong until May 4th. Must save money for vacation in few weeks!

Bug Obliterator at $64.00 is too good to pass up. The Target I went to do not have Star Slicer or Warp Stinger (the bugs vehicles) but they are on sale at Fred (which Amazon match all the prices this week). While I like the human vehicle as they give me that retro 70's sci-fi theme, the bug vehicles are surprisingly nice looking. The neon green and clear red make them really stand out from other LEGO. (especially all the Star Wars set).

I just sign up to work two extra day for overtime so I can pay for all these LEGO. This is madness.

Bug Obliterator at $64.00 is too good to pass up. The Target I went to do not have Star Slicer or Warp Stinger (the bugs vehicles) but they are on sale at Fred (which Amazon match all the prices this week). While I like the human vehicle as they give me that retro 70's sci-fi theme, the bug vehicles are surprisingly nice looking. The neon green and clear red make them really stand out from other LEGO. (especially all the Star Wars set).

I have time on Galaxy Squad at least. Still trying to remain strong on UCS X-Wing. UCS B-Wing is a given in May, with X-Wing being the planned other purchase unless I do change to the Sith Fury and Vampyre Castle.

wetwired

So apparently the 2 orders I was eagerly awaiting arrived today. Still another 2 hours before I can even get home from work. My LED lights for ecto 1 and a massive order of Lego from Denmark consisting of 7x road plate double packs that each have a straight and intersection plates. Shredders bike. Turtle lair attack. Michelangelo vs krang. The bat vs banes tumbler. Mr freezes boat set and Spiderman vs venom.

I am excite

Top Bottom