• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Upon reading this, i just had a beautiful vision of a GIF that shows the 300 scene where Leonidas kicks that emissary into the pit while the text would say "Madness? No...This is LEGO!"

:)))) shame i have no skills or i'd make it myself but this would be awesome as a reaction gif to how fucking expensive Lego gets for all of us in the long run ;(

ibtP49GJTIN3kJ.gif

I'm no good either :p

I didn't realize the Force Unleashed Set Rogue Shadow is so expensive. Were they produce in low numbers? The ship is kind of ugly actually ... must be the mini-figs.

lingiii

Banned
I didn't realize the Force Unleashed Set is so Rogue Shadow is so expensive. Were they produce in low numbers? The ship is kind of ugly actually ... must be the mini-figs.

oh man just looked that one up, didn't realize it existed. it is ugly for $70 used. oh well! one more hole in my LEGO Star Wars

TheGrue

Picked up Kamino and Asteroid Field Series 3 planets today. Love these little builds. Asteroid Field is a TIE Bomber and Kamino is a Jedi Starfighter.

DJ_Lae

Noo, it seems the Sonic Boom went out of stock shortly after I ordered mine.

Hope they have enough to meet placed orders, I know they have a new site up so hopefully it doesn't suffer from stock tracking problems.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Noo, it seems the Sonic Boom went out of stock shortly after I ordered mine.

Hope they have enough to meet placed orders, I know they have a new site up so hopefully it doesn't suffer from stock tracking problems.
What the heck. They canceled my order! They claim the code is for employees only.

DJ_Lae

What the heck. They canceled my order! They claim the code is for employees only.

Well that's not very nice of them. I'll probably get a cancelation sent to me shortly too.

It's not as if the code is significantly more of a discount than what they already have on half the Lego sets, and you can't stack it either.

I'm currently watching my daughter play LEGO City Undercover. Other than the fact that there's no co-op, the game is pretty incredible. The open world areas run WAY smoother than they did in LEGO Batman 2 and I was very pleased to see that you can invert the Y-axis! Everywhere that I researched online said that the game wasn't coming out until tomorrow, but I found myself at TRU to buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the WiiU and, lo and behold, there was LEGO City Undercover already on the shelves! Somehow, last November I bought LEGO Lord of the Rings for both the 360 and the 3DS and EB Games told me when I picked up my pre-orders that they weren't sent any of the bonus Elrond minifigures. Thus, I didn't get any Elrond minifigs. When I brought my copy of LCU to the cashier today at TRU, I noticed an Elrond minifig sitting on the cash register and I asked the lady if she had any extras left. She said yes and I asked if I could grab one of those instead of the Chase McCain promotional minifig that they were offering. She said no problem! On top of that, she noticed that I was buying MH3U as well and decided to give me both the Elrond minifig AND one of the Chase McCain minifigs! Bonus! So it was a good experience... at TRU of all places...

I'm currently watching my daughter play LEGO City Undercover. Other than the fact that there's no co-op, the game is pretty incredible. The open world areas run WAY smoother than they did in LEGO Batman 2 and I was very pleased to see that you can invert the Y-axis! Everywhere that I researched online said that the game wasn't coming out until tomorrow, but I found myself at TRU to buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the WiiU and, lo and behold, there was LEGO City Undercover already on the shelves! Somehow, last November I bought LEGO Lord of the Rings for both the 360 and the 3DS and EB Games told me when I picked up my pre-orders that they weren't sent any of the bonus Elrond minifigures. Thus, I didn't get any Elrond minifigs. When I brought my copy of LCU to the cashier today at TRU, I noticed an Elrond minifig sitting on the cash register and I asked the lady if she had any extras left. She said yes and I asked if I could grab one of those instead of the Chase McCain promotional minifig that they were offering. She said no problem! On top of that, she noticed that I was buying MH3U as well and decided to give me both the Elrond minifig AND one of the Chase McCain minifigs! Bonus! So it was a good experience... at TRU of all places...

You can pretty much just ask for the Elrond figs and they will give them to you; it is great!

You are making me want a WiiU and LCU for my kids...I think our daughters are the same age, 6-7 right? Is it too complex?

You can pretty much just ask for the Elrond figs and they will give them to you; it is great!

You are making me want a WiiU and LCU for my kids...I think our daughters are the same age, 6-7 right? Is it too complex?
Yeah, she's 6 and a half years old. So far, the game seems to be on par -- if not a little easier than -- with previous LEGO games. She's having a blast with the open world aspect of it, just driving around recklessly and exploring. Keep in mind though that, unlike previous LEGO games, this is a single player game only. There is NO local co-op at all. It's a real bummer just sitting here and watching her play when I want to jump in and join in the mayhem. Oh well, what can you do...

Only SIX more days until double VIP points!

Marko723

Neo Member

That doesn't sound right. I've had several of my orders ship already using that code. You can stack the LEGO Star Wars Umbaran poly bag for FREE if your order is over $30 before you apply the coupon. Remember this is only on regular priced LEGO.

R-User!

Chalk it up to Random Rareness! :p

Haunted House is disassembled, boxed up, and in storage until Halloween. Odd feeling not to integrate pieces into my collection, but a neat feeling because I get to unpack it and build it in months. I managed to fit it into one of the sub boxes that was in the Death Star box. In other words, it is safely packed in a box less than half the size of the original Haunted House box. I for one welcome Lego's new stuffed to the gills packaging because a nice, dense and heavy box feels good without all the wasted space.

eb4be87b08a857f84298862ba2ab4044.jpg

Oh Pics that Make You Laff |OT|, you do give me chuckles sometimes.

Stoopid kid. How is he supposed to get out and go to the bathroom or get food?

Anyways, a question for you all:
Do you enjoy the time lapse videos at all? If so, is there a certain set among these people want to see? I am going to dismantle something and rebuild it soon.
Palace Cinema
VW Camper
Horizon Express
Maersk Train
Super Star Destroyer

Part of me wants to try the multi modular thing again, but it just takes so much damn space. I do worry about keeping the SSD in frame well enough while building if I do it.

eb4be87b08a857f84298862ba2ab4044.jpg

Oh Pics that Make You Laff |OT|, you do give me chuckles sometimes.

LOL. Funny. but as a parent that grew up with LEGO, that is very simple to pass. You just sweep them aside with your hands or feet. As a kid, I did it all the time to gather the pieces all over and put into the storage box.

I wouldn't spank the kid. I would just roll him in the pile of LEGO as punishment.

Bought an amazon-warehouse warg attack because weathertop has made me reckless with sets I was previously marginal on, and because I'm a sucker for natural scenery. Rocks and trees in lego form bring me odd amounts of satisfaction. It arrived today but i don't get to build it for a few days.

Do you enjoy the time lapse videos at all? If so, is there a certain set among these people want to see? I am going to dismantle something and rebuild it soon.
Palace Cinema
VW Camper
Horizon Express
Maersk Train
Super Star Destroyer

Part of me wants to try the multi modular thing again, but it just takes so much damn space. I do worry about keeping the SSD in frame well enough while building if I do it.
Yes, I watched your previous videos and I vote Maersk Train.

Ironmask

Palace Cinema
VW Camper
Horizon Express
Maersk Train
Super Star Destroyer

I'll vote for some VW Camper love, whenever i make the decision to buy it, i always miss the promotions on amazon so i take something else :(

Ironmask

Just completed The Vampyre Hearse.

Cool car with bad seats and a funny push mechanic. I like the fat back tires. Will check the glowing-in-the-dark stuff later.

another set on my wishlist, i love both the vehicles and the minifigs included. Too bad you have applied that flaming minifig head sticker, it's too cool to waste in this mode

R-User!

What set is that? Looks like a Ninjago one - and pretty neat too.

70500 Kai's Fire Mech!

wetwired!

An interesting tidbit from an interview with Tim Courtney(Lego Cuusoo's Community Manager):

Interviewer: What single piece of advice would you give to Cuusoo project creators?

Tim Courtney:
"Promote, promote, promote. Don't be shy to share your project with blogs, fan forums, magazines, companies, and anyone you think would have an interest in helping you reach your goal. Also, be persistent - sometimes people need to be reminded multiple times before they will make the effort to support you. Just make sure to do your promotion off-site; please don't spam other projects' comments with your links." :)

I thought about your project when I read that, and remembered when you asked if you should make a thread here on GAF to promote the concept... ...I'm wondering... Do you think it would be a good idea? If you could even get an extra 100 direct votes from fellow GAFfers there would be a possible word-of-mouth trickle down effect from that as well, and you might get a few hundred more votes from that too! Just a freindly reminder/thought... :) though you might be waiting to finish your full presentation before posting a link to your Cuusoo post/presenting you GAF version of the same pics and whatnot....?

Dragoshi1

Bought some kind of 6-legged Spider tank on monday from Star Wars, was up for an hour building it, the legs were tedious!

I'm taking a break from buying sets for now, though. My LEGO table is completely covered in them, no room for anymore!

Once I procure a larger table and find the other Dino sets, I'll continue. Now, to PLAY WITH THEM!

Vyer

Anyone have any Series 6 minifigs they are willing to trade? I'm looking for Clockwork Robot, Leprechaun and Lady Liberty.

I've got assorted stuff from Series 5 on, let me know if you're willing to trade and what you're looking for and I can check and see if I have it.

Well I've done bad, went and ordered Grand Emporium. Have been trying to distance myself from Lego for a few weeks to give my wallet time to breath but I just couldn't hold out any longer. My will is weak...

And now I'm already eying pet shop. Help me.

IronRinn

Target near me got in the Series 9 Minifigures. Managed to get a Fortune Teller. Anyone looking to trade? I still need these four:

Roman Emperor
Policeman
Battle Mech
Heroic Knight

Have the following to trade:

Mr. Good & Evil (x3)
Alien Avenger (x2)
Plumber
Hollywood Starlet
Mermaid

Any help would be appreciated. I'm so close!

Top Bottom