• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Cyrillus

I am the voice of reason, eating is overrated LEGO is where is at
In the end I caved and ended up grabbing the Mini Modulars and Winter Village Post Office so I could get the holiday set. I tried to make myself feel better by using VIP points to take $65.00 off.

It's going to be fun building a winter village display come December 1st!

EDIT: "Lego" in the title? C'mon son.

I was atthe mall with the wifey so I stopped into the Lego store just to buy a couple half off mini figs. Not only did I get 2 Santas, which I really wanted, but I found a $100 bill on the floor of the store!

ghostmind

We haven' even seen Series 9 yet, and some industrious posters on Eurobricks have pieced together what they think will be in Series 10:

Sailor
Colonial Governor
Honeybee Suit Guy
Medusa
Sky Diver
House Painter
Pierrot
Paintball Player
Aztec?
Valley Girl
Nerd Girl
Roman Officer
Old Man
Valkyrie?
Punk/Biker
Tin Soldier

Man, killer OP Bone!

What this guy said. Wow, PB.

QGsSk.jpg

Salut. :O

wetwired

I'm just not feeling those galaxy squad sets, too outlandish for my tastes. I long for a modern update to the classic 80s space when it was more based around exploration.

I'm just not feeling those galaxy squad sets, too outlandish for my tastes. I long for a modern update to the classic 80s space when it was more based around exploration.

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see that again. LEGO has learned that current their current themes sell best when they're based upon firm protagonists and antagonists.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We haven' even seen Series 9 yet, and some industrious posters on Eurobricks have pieced together what they think will be in Series 10:

Sailor

Haven't we already had this?

Also those new space sets give me an Insectoid vibe. If you have this pice it could make for some fun MOC potential.

mpPWC.jpg

Awesome job OP, looks amazing!

I cant wait for the hobbit sets, I get to build one for my store!!! Ill take a picture of it when Im done. Also cant wait for ninja turtles to come in and make a big section of the store purple and green!

Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see that again. LEGO has learned that current their current themes sell best when they're based upon firm protagonists and antagonists.
That's why they need to bring back Blacktron. Just have them vs. Space Police. Use the classic color schemes but modern building techniques.

awesome OP phonce you made us all proud, just missing the sopranos ;) :)

saw the first new hobbit sets in the wild today.

also bought this today at 20% off
9492-1.jpg

just the y-wing and b-wing missing now ^^

ghostmind

CMF Series 9 (71000) January 2013
Alien Trooper
Chicken Suit Guy
Maid Marion
Heroic Knight
Cyclops
Mermaid
Fortune Teller
Dr. Splitz
Roller Derby Girl
Judge
Battle Mech
Caesar
Downtown Cop
Plumber
Waiter
Hollywood Starlet

CMF Series 10 (71001) May 2013
Sea Captain
Sad Clown
Librarian
Grandpa
Bumblebee Girl
Roman Commander
Warrior Woman
Decorator
Tomahawk Warrior
Trendsetter
Baseball Fielder
Revolution Soldier
Motorcycle Mechanic
Medusa
Skydiver
Paintball Player

CMF Series 11 (71002) August 2013
Yeti
Evil Mech
Welder
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Constable
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Grandma
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man
Barbarian
Dinner Waitress
Scientist

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Need pics man!

CMF Series 9 (71000) January 2013
Alien Trooper
Chicken Suit Guy
Heroic Knight
Mermaid
Battle Mech
Caesar
Plumber

CMF Series 10 (71001) May 2013
Sea Captain
Sad Clown
Bumblebee Girl
Roman Commander
Warrior Woman
Revolution Soldier
Medusa
Paintball Player

CMF Series 11 (71002) August 2013
Yeti
Evil Mech
Lady Robot
Jazz Musician
Holiday Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scarecrow
Mountain Climber
Tiki Warrior
Gingerbread Man

I guess the Tin Toy Soldier is actually the Revolution Soldier. They could probably reuse stuff from the Pirates line there.

bodine1231

Ok,Haunted House + Vampyre Castle or Imperial Shuttle?

Also,do the creator houses fit with the modulars or are they separate?

R-User!

Ok,Haunted House + Vampyre Castle or Imperial Shuttle?

Also,do the creator houses fit with the modulars or are they separate?

Playability=
Haunted House + Vampyre=Two Sets=3000 pieces=280.00 bucks or more (or less)

Displayability=
Imperial Shuttle=1 set=2500 pieces=209.00 right now=Next to retire.

Did that cover the differences?

If you're never going to be able to get all three sets then it depends on what you want more?

A Great looking Star Wars display piece (from what ive read here), or Seasonal Halloween Fun for every Halloween for the rest of the time that you choose to own those Monster Fighter Sets!

You must choose: but choose wisely!

ghostmind

WOW! What an amazing build and a great completed model! You can really tell while putting this thing together that the designer(s) put a lot of thought into the design. It really feels like it is by the same team that did the Alien Conquest Earth Defense.

8ln3v.jpg

The fighter/command module with Ashlee Starstrider.
ZR2mX.jpg

4pF3w.jpg

Orange Squad

zB3Qo.jpg

The cockpit raises up and the wings swivel to start the docking procedure...

YR21L.jpg

The combined super-fighter!

FdCkq.jpg

Ready for action!

bodine1231

Playability=
Haunted House + Vampyre=Two Sets=3000 pieces=280.00 bucks or more (or less)

Displayability=
Imperial Shuttle=1 set=2500 pieces=209.00 right now=Next to retire.

Did that cover the differences?

If you're never going to be able to get all three sets then it depends on what you want more?

A Great looking Star Wars display piece (from what ive read here), or Seasonal Halloween Fun for every Halloween for the rest of the time that you choose to own those Monster Fighter Sets!

You must choose: but choose wisely!

It'll be 235 for the Haunted House + Vamp Castle for me. I'm just worried that the Haunted House will be impossible to find at a decent price soon (its already higher than retail online) and while the Imperial Shuttle is leaving I dont think the price will skyrocket as quickly as the House.

Ironmask

This is what i've been looking for ages
6030403.jpg

now if only i could remove all the hair....

oh and for lazygaf, i've reassembled all the known minifig so far

untitled-1.jpg

It'll be 235 for the Haunted House + Vamp Castle for me. I'm just worried that the Haunted House will be impossible to find at a decent price soon (its already higher than retail online) and while the Imperial Shuttle is leaving I dont think the price will skyrocket as quickly as the House.
Imperial Shuttle.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Suddenly minifigures everywhere! It's crazy to know the next 3 series of CMF coming out. They look great!

Seems thats the consensus. I was considering the Haunted House because I could get it for 150.00.
Haunted House should be back. And Lego lists it as shipping in January. Imperial Shuttle will disappear soon and spike after that. Much like other Real Trilogy Star Wars Ucs stuff.

Kryten

Which set comes with 2 of the separators?

I've seen people mention that they now come with the larger sets, but I've only ever purchased mine separately, #630. Useful for pushing your Lego.com purchases over the minimum buy for free shipping :)

I've seen people mention that they now come with the larger sets, but I've only ever purchased mine separately, #630. Useful for pushing your Lego.com purchases over the minimum buy for free shipping :)
Mines of Moria and Helms Deep cane with them. Quintet and Haunted House as well. I think the B Wing was the double one.

But as stated in the OP, everyone needs at least one of these. Two is even better. So useful.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have completed R2-D2, and I have seen into the instruction plans of hell, and it's made of nothing but dark blue bricks.

Seriously LEGO, there must be a better way to show those in instructions.

Other than the hell of the dark blue brick, it was a fun and challenging build with lots of little builds that all come together nicely.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have completed R2-D2, and I have seen into the instruction plans of hell, and it's made of nothing but dark blue bricks.

Seriously LEGO, there must be a better way to show those in instructions.

Other than the hell of the dark blue brick, it was a fun and challenging build with lots of little builds that all come together nicely.

I also hated the ones with shiny bricks, they put a tiny 'sparkle' on the that I often just thought was a printing mistake.

At least recently they started putting outlines around black pieces so you can see more clearly.

Top Bottom