• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
They ran out of the City Advent Calendar so I couldn't pick you up one.

However I did manage to get a couple more Stagecoach Escapes. Let me know if anyone else wants one. We can work out a trade or something.

Thanks for the attempt!

Not my photo.

I recall Phonciplebone did a mod on Olivia's Dolphin Cruiser too. Anyone see any crazy mods on this set?  I definitely want this set, but can wait as I think it will be around at least as long as Olivia's house.

No dedicated room sadly, but I'll manage something.

The pics on that pirate yacht are amazing. It's crazy what natural light will do to a photo.

No room? No problem! It's all about shelves. I really need to get more of these, but for $10 each they do the trick nicely:

2tgzBMEl.jpg

neonglow

Looks like I will buy Winter Village Market in November during Black Friday. Not sure if I want to brave the crowds instore during Black Friday for that additional Pick a Brick box.

Just felt like doing a quick size comparison between the Powerarmor Lex Mech and Kais Firemech, and it turns out Lexs Mech is almost TWICE as big, didn't think the difference would be that noticeable!

Anyway, both sets are well worth getting, especially the Firemech which is a total steal at that price for what you get :)

Just felt like doing a quick size comparison between the Powerarmor Lex Mech and Kais Firemech, and it turns out Lexs Mech is almost TWICE as big, didn't think the difference would be that noticeable!

Anyway, both sets are well worth getting, especially the Firemech which is a total steal at that price for what you get :)

Firemech is a cool lil set. And for only $10 it is a steal. I really enjoyed that one.

Well finally ordered the Haunted House from S@H

kKCuzzE.gif

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Congrats. Everyone says it is amazing. Going to start mine later this week. After we get boxes unpacked of course.

I get my internet installed today hopefully. Will back back online fully this evening I hope.

Dafreaka

Neo Member
The pics on that pirate yacht are amazing. It's crazy what natural light will do to a photo.

No room? No problem! It's all about shelves. I really need to get more of these, but for $10 each they do the trick nicely:

2tgzBMEl.jpg

Where did you get those shelves? I bought the IKEA floating shelves but the smallest was 4 feet long if I remember.....

Those small ones would be a great addition for future sets...

Wow nice setup

Where did you get those shelves? I bought the IKEA floating shelves but the smallest was 4 feet long if I remember.....

Those small ones would be a great addition for future sets...

Thanks. The shelves are from IKEA, yes....and they were $10 each.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70103622/

I am planning on buying a few more to hold the rest of my modest SW ship collection and that'll be it. The B-Wing fits by virtue of it's form factor but most large ships would look strange.

Edit: factorybelt beat me to it. $6.99 in the US. We continue to get the shaft!

I wonder how i should display those permanent sets like the SW ships etc. i mean they'll get DUSTY real quick out in the open like that won't they? Do you dust em off all the time or is it better to stick em in a glass shelving unit instead? hmm

I wonder how i should display those permanent sets like the SW ships etc. i mean they'll get DUSTY real quick out in the open like that won't they? Do you dust em off all the time or is it better to stick em in a glass shelving unit instead? hmm

Personally I think they look a bit strange in the glass cases, but I can understand the dust concern. They will definitely get dusty in the open.

The real secret is to stop buying Star Wars sets altogether! I swore I'd never buy another.

Until today. Stupid 2xVIP.

keiichi

Has anyone play around with their own Cube Dudes? I was trying to make one that could bend at the waist but I'm having a hard time finding suitable hinge type parts. I also tried a 1x2 hinge part laid on the side but was happy with the proportions.

Has anyone play around with their own Cube Dudes? I was trying to make one that could bend at the waist but I'm having a hard time finding suitable hinge type parts. I also tried a 1x2 hinge part laid on the side but was happy with the proportions.

I hadn't even heard of them before this post. Interesting. The proportions don't look like they'd lend themselves to any articulation at all.

I need Arkham. Bad. I need more of that sweet Marcos Bessa design work.

EDIT: On a different note, I am almost done with Winter Village Cottage. REALLY sweet lil set. Love the way the house is coming together. I can tell I am stuck with these series for life now. if only I had gotten the other sets when they were still in print.

Ponn

Banned
I need Arkham. Bad. I need more of that sweet Marcos Bessa design work.

EDIT: On a different note, I am almost done with Winter Village Cottage. REALLY sweet lil set. Love the way the house is coming together. I can tell I am stuck with these series for life now. if only I had gotten the other sets when they were still in print.

Well, we kind of get to flip flop if you are planning on getting Arkham later/Brickfriday because thats when i'm getting the Winter sets.

I'm broke and can't make any use of this but saw on a deals site this code for Amazon. Gives 10 percent off any Amazon Warehouse Deals purchase, don't know how long it will work for but can confirm it works on lego sets.

RMENOT10

Noticed some retired sets up for anyone looking.

Warehouse deals lego sets link

neonglow

Well, we kind of get to flip flop if you are planning on getting Arkham later/Brickfriday because thats when i'm getting the Winter sets.

I'm broke and can't make any use of this but saw on a deals site this code for Amazon. Gives 10 percent off any Amazon Warehouse Deals purchase, don't know how long it will work for but can confirm it works on lego sets.

RMENOT10

Noticed some retired sets up for anyone looking.

Warehouse deals lego sets link

Thanks. I ended up using it on an old World Racer set.

I hope the new Ninjago sets are as good as the first wave. Just about every set from the first release had pieces that could be incorporated into a samurai or ninja theme. Every wave afterwards has drifted away from that.

I totally agree, Ninja Outpost or the Fire Temple even look fantastic for example...

I think if anything though, they're going even MORE into the direction of crazy playsets a la Chima etc. :(

I have joined the ranks as well. Hope my kids will want to build this one with me.

Personally I think they look a bit strange in the glass cases, but I can understand the dust concern. They will definitely get dusty in the open.

The real secret is to stop buying Star Wars sets altogether! I swore I'd never buy another.

Until today. Stupid 2xVIP.

I have to stop Star Wars because looks like they are going to start ramping up their Super Hero lines which is the whole reason I started collecting again.

Saw this in the paper, thought it was pretty amusing. Even has the same badge number!

Police officer reveals Lego lookalike

Cool. I like the British bobby cop. I hope they do a Canadian mounty soon.

Top Bottom