• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

The stats:

7C3mOB3.jpg

chidrock

Sadly, too far from the end of the year to post top 5 lists.

Really praying Ewok Village delivers like I expect it to. After Galactic Titan and Orthanc being below expectations, I need something to deliver.

I put the Ewok Village together and was pretty happy with it. I'm not very big on putting together sets with a lot of foliage, but it never felt like a chore. The 4 trees were varied enough to maintain that familiar, yet different feeling throughout the build. I spread it out over a couple of nights, so that might've helped.

Protip - be careful how you hold it when you move it. Try to hold it near the platform as opposed to just grabbing the trees. It feels sturdy enough, but if you're not careful the balance will shift and the trees will separate. I'm speaking from experience; I had to move mine and dropped it - the aftermath was not a pretty sight. It reminded me of a glass shattering with the way the pieces scattered.

Ponn

Banned
Thread is the Bonez and Mind thread.

Oh wow 10th on the list of shame.

I'm gunning for you next thread.

But seriously, list sounds about right. Ghostmind and Phon are like the pied pipers of Lego.

Or maybe more appropriately the Jedis playing mind tricks on everybody. "You will buy the Quinjet" drool "I will buy the Quinjet"

ghostmind

But seriously, list sounds about right. Ghostmind and Phon are like the pied pipers of Lego.

Or maybe more appropriately the Jedis playing mind tricks on everybody. "You will buy the Quinjet" drool "I will buy the Quinjet"

UKPe1sP.jpg

And Haunted House.

Glad our influence made others bask in the glory of Quinjet.

EDIT: Right now, the new OP should be two posts minimum. Thinking of separating it out among three posts for ease of quoting or whatnot. I contacted a Mod for help in making an OP over multiple posts, as I have no experience with that aspect.

EDIT 2: So once I put the first post up, I need to get the other two in quickly. So once I put the new OT up, I will try and grab the first three posts for the huge OP.

And Haunted House.

Glad our influence made others bask in the glory of Quinjet.

EDIT: Right now, the new OP should be two posts minimum. Thinking of separating it out among three posts for ease of quoting or whatnot. I contacted a Mod for help in making an OP over multiple posts, as I have no experience with that aspect.

EDIT 2: So once I put the first post up, I need to get the other two in quickly. So once I put the new OT up, I will try and grab the first three posts for the huge OP.

80 posts left. Thanks for putting this thread together, Bone. And for the effort in the next one too.

R-User!

As soon as I read "pied pipers" I flashed the melody of Sonic 3's Carnival Night Zone, with an image of them both holding batons made of LEGO holding boxes of SSD's Boombox style over one shoulder.....

...ok, that baton/SSD part I didn't really flash an image of, but the Sonic 3 music was true.

Did anyone here manage to order the Series 4 Star Wars globe kits off of Amazon France? I've been trying to place an order and, even though it states they ship to the US, it keeps telling me that they cannot deliver to any of my addresses.

I just got my shipment from them for all three Series 4 two days ago. I'm not sure why you're having a problem.

Rhaegar

Haven't had time to build in awhile, but finally picked up the Iron Man Extremis Sea Port set. Love the minifigures (especially War Machine!) and the boat was more fun than i thought it would be.

The downside is that it makes me really want to pre-order the Lego Marvel game from WalMart to get my hands on the Iron Patriot minifig.

wetwired

I've been spending the entire day setting up my display at the expo, I'm absolutely shattered, most of the time was spent setting up the minifigures in the scenes. I didn't even have time to take photos but expect a massive dump tomorrow, not just of my stuff but other stuff at the show, there was some really cool stuff being set up. The place is massive too, 3 basketball courts (side by side) in size with tables on all sides and more tables in the middle.

I've been spending the entire day setting up my display at the expo, I'm absolutely shattered, most of the time was spent setting up the minifigures in the scenes. I didn't even have time to take photos but expect a massive dump tomorrow, not just of my stuff but other stuff at the show, there was some really cool stuff being set up. The place is massive too, 3 basketball courts (side by side) in size with tables on all sides and more tables in the middle.

Awesome-looking forward to it. Save the post for the new thread so more people see it!

Slight noob help: How did you get to the thread post count page? I'm interested to see how much of my overall post count is because of this thread. :)

I always forget this feature exists too and just had to look for it.

In the actual "Community" tab (not your subscription page), click on the number in the "Replies" column.

yjBCVSbl.png

Wow that is insane if true, is there a reason for that? I mean i AM in Europe but i'd be pissed if they decided to give us the short end of the stick for something like this hmmm

The sets were not exactly hot performers (ironic, given the run on series 4 now!). They were always part of clearance sales around my area.

Pure speculation, but they may have cost more to produce than similarly sized sets because of the printed pieces. 25% of the sets had (almost) completely unique printed pieces:

98138pb011.jpg

4985272.jpg

3298pb50.jpg

3942cpb01.jpg

Let's also not forget that every single one had a printed label...and I'm ignoring the cost of producing those printed planets themselves.

6179pb041.jpg

6179pb040.jpg

6179pb039.jpg

6179pb047.jpg

6179pb048.jpg

6179pb049.jpg

6179pb057.jpg

6179pb056.jpg

6179pb055.jpg

6179pb062.jpg

6179pb063.jpg

6179pb064.jpg

You may be on to something there hmmm...

Actually now you made me feel like having to hunt down the rest of those sets for collection purposes LOL :(

They might become rare one day right? ;) Plus it'd be nice to display em all next to each other ... or something

WonderPup

LegoGAF -

Any recommendations on buying a Mindstorms set? My eleven year old, who is joining a robotics club that uses these, has been wanting this for a couple of years now. His birthday is coming up soon, so I'd like to get it. Is there any way to get it discounted? And would you recommend the newer EV3 over the NXT 2.0?

What are we getting ourselves into, here?

shadow29

Neo Member
It'd be nice if for the new thread, a early post could be made that lists what everyones looking for from the PAB wall. I know that there's no such thing as a post that can be easily editted by everyone, but It'd save some time when we pop by a Lego store instead of having to dig through all of our posts :/

IronRinn

I just got my shipment from them for all three Series 4 two days ago. I'm not sure why you're having a problem.

Not sure when everyone placed their orders but some searching turns up that I'm not the only one having an issue purchasing these now. I think they may have gotten flooded with US orders and in response have stopped shipping them to the US.

It'd be nice if for the new thread, a early post could be made that lists what everyones looking for from the PAB wall. I know that there's no such thing as a post that can be easily editted by everyone, but It'd save some time when we pop by a Lego store instead of having to dig through all of our posts :/

Could I suggest a dedicated PAB-trading thread for that? I think it'd be easier to follow.

Doesn't look like it, time to buy from Europe! I kinda liked the line myself...

So are the series 4 planet sets definitely not coming to the US? I really want that Hoth set... :(

Wow that is insane if true, is there a reason for that? I mean i AM in Europe but i'd be pissed if they decided to give us the short end of the stick for something like this hmmm

Series 4 IMO is the best of all the series and it sucks it didn't make it to the US as I would have bought multiples of those.

I spent about $15 each buying them from Amazon.fr. That's only because I save some shipping by buying a set with a friend.

Could I suggest a dedicated PAB-trading thread for that? I think it'd be easier to follow.

That makes sense, I think.

Please do. There are some awesome parts in the wild, but none of them at my local LEGO store hunting ground.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The LEGO room so far. Quick move so far.

10083349236_bf7530229b_c.jpg

10083278694_20d383f9f0_c.jpg

10083354746_e2f74d2135_c.jpg

10083282324_5ed7c4ff1b_c.jpg

ghostmind

Why not make it a LEGO marketplace thread? You could have PAB trades as well as having a place for GAFers looking to trade sets. I would still put it in Community OT though.

Jimbro72

Why not make it a LEGO marketplace thread? You could have PAB trades as well as having a place for GAFers looking to trade sets. I would still put it in Community OT though.

Would also be a place to post trade lists for CMF's, too. I think it makes sense having a separate thread for that kind of stuff because it can easily get buried and forgotten about in the main thread here.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Only 49 posts left in this thread. I will miss you thread!!

LEGO!

Started on the Ghost Train. Little disappointed in the build so far, doesn't seem to be a strong design. Had to take it apart to redo the engine barrel section. On the positive side my S@H order for the Haunted House will be here tomorrow. Stoked.

Top Bottom