• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
OFtxBm5.jpg
The blue engine car looks good; I kinda wish the rest weren't flat/empty cars though.

Buy our sausages or we'll shoot you.

LEGO did reveal (at least mostly) their new Star Wars Rebels sets today in Nürnberg - note the specific packaging for Rebels-related merchandise:

XeYOvB5.jpg

q0TKPC9.jpg

Ax6hBPB.jpg

LJBQyJa.jpg

(note the docking port in the back to connect the Phantom to the Ghost)

Really digging both of those sets. And they remind to buy the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser. When are the 2014 SW sets supposed to hit retail?

ghostmind

Really digging both of those sets. And they remind to buy the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser. When are the 2014 SW sets supposed to hit retail?

I thought the first-half wave for North America wasn't going to be until March 1st, but it looks like TRU might be ready to go at the start of February.

Second-half sets are usually June or July.

Wait a second, i just saw those prelim shots of "Mos Eisley Cantina" and... WTF @ that Galaxy Squad Mosquito Greedo and the Squidward musician heads?

I sure hope that will not be final lol ;( (i know there's a reason it's called preliminary shots but cmon)

ghostmind

Wait a second, i just saw those prelim shots of "Mos Eisley Cantina" and... WTF @ that Galaxy Squad Mosquito Greedo and the Squidward musician heads?

I sure hope that will not be final lol ;( (i know there's a reason it's called preliminary shots but cmon)

Retailer catalogs (which is where the prelims come from) go through several iterations before the product is released. Up until it is time to show the sets at Toy Fairs, most of the molds for minifigures, new elements, new colors for existing elements, and stickers have not been made yet. So they sub in whatever is around at the moment. Often whomever is mocking up a set for a prelim shot will insert some of their own humor, which in the case of the Cantina are the Squidward heads in place of the Bith musician heads.

You'll see the final product in two weeks, unless LEGO decides to clamp down like they did today in Nuremberg (but considering how open a show the NYTF is, and how many media outlets would have already made plans for coverage, I don't see them changing it).

nah, don't worry, they will end up looking better than those :D

Ryuuroden

I have spent the last 3 days packing up my LEGO sets and miscellaneous bricks and I still have so far to go. I am definitely not taking apart a bunch of sets but will instead travel back and forth transferring them in file boxes. I estimate that will take like 15 trips or so. If I was moving out of the city I would dismantle them but I am not. This is still turning into a real pain. The excitement of it of course is they will have their own room now and won't be so inaccessible like they currently are, shoved in alcoves under low ceilings and such in a storage attic. Anyways, I will take pictures of the setup from start to finish and post them as I go starting with pictures of everything in the room without the shelving and tables there yet.

I went out and bought three 24x36x2 inch artist portfolios to put all the important boxes I keep. I only keep Star Wars, licenses, and exclusives set boxes. I tend not to keep the city set boxes unless they are the pricy city sets. Anyways, the portfolios work great for the big boxes when they are folded flat and I totally recommend that as a method of keeping them clean and undamaged.

Ponn

Banned
Thunderwings ordered and on its way. Got email from Gamestop. So preordering Lego Movie videogame gets western Emmett fig and a free movie ticket. Quite tempting. I also have a Regal Crown club card and that is the theatre I'd be going to BUT I don't see movies in 3D because of my eye problems soooo...that sucks.

Target had a ton of Thunderwings tonight. Almost got one, but it would be better if I just dug the pieces back out to use for the MOC contest. Besides, that $20 could go towards a new set. :)

Ponn

Banned
Target had a ton of Thunderwings tonight. Almost got one, but it would be better if I just dug the pieces back out to use for the MOC contest. Besides, that $20 could go towards a new set. :)

Is there a rule of how many sets you can you use in the contest? Hmmmm

Rootbeer

Banned
Thunderwings ordered and on its way. Got email from Gamestop. So preordering Lego Movie videogame gets western Emmett fig and a free movie ticket. Quite tempting. I also have a Regal Crown club card and that is the theatre I'd be going to BUT I don't see movies in 3D because of my eye problems soooo...that sucks.
Buy 3D ticket... Sneak into 2D showing instead. Just check Showtime's carefully before going to the theater. Really easy to pull off at most theaters.

neonglow

For a promotion only fig it would be worth the $5/6 i guess.

I wonder what the prices on these promotional polybags would be on eBay since they're not a license. Going to AMC to get one would cost me $27 ($12 membership + $15 movie ticket) or buying a $50 game to get the same minifigure.

wetwired

I ordered a box of movie minifigs which arrived today, I'm splitting it with a friend and taking a set for myself, giving the spares to my kids....

It's a rather disappointing series to be honest, beyond the panda and the repeat of the mexican guy it's a pretty poor selection. I guess part of it is knowing the characters from the film but most of them seem to be side characters or small roles.

I ordered a box of movie minifigs which arrived today, I'm splitting it with a friend and taking a set for myself, giving the spares to my kids....

It's a rather disappointing series to be honest, beyond the panda and the repeat of the mexican guy it's a pretty poor selection. I guess part of it is knowing the characters from the film but most of them seem to be side characters or small roles.

I'm not surprised, thinking of giving it a miss.
Not avauiliable here yet anyway.

Is there a whitefangs review on eurobricks?
*yes there is
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88428

Agreed about the series, only a few of them interest me. Hopefully they go back to the regular collectible minifigures.

I wish they made some sort of "Making Of" book for the Lego Movie. I own tons of art books and making of books for a lot of the Pixar and Disney movies. They really should make one for this movie.

Rootbeer

Banned
Isn't series 13 going to be Simpsons? and more expensive while we are at it, I hope I
am wrong.

Simpsons is next but it is not part of the numbered series. 13 will be different.

Simpsons are supposedly 3.99 per pack instead of the 2.99 they usually are.

I plan on going to the LEGO store and feeling the packs to get all 16 that day. They limit you to 16 figures per purchase (per day?), so you have to be perfect.

Would be nice if LEGO stores just offered a collector pack that had 1 of each 16 which was hidden in the back and only sold on request. Sound outlandish? Well, McDonalds does this with their happy meal toys. Most people just order a happy meal and get whatever toy an employee throws in, but if you ask the manager, each McDonalds has a special box that has several of each toy inside. I don't know the exact purpose but I know collectors know about this and ask the manager for access to it, which is usually given. LEGO could do this too to prevent AFOLs from spending a 30min-1hr rummaging through packs looking like fools. Wish they would :)

for 2.99/ea the blind bag concept probably works, but if you are going to buy 16 figures why not just offer a pack and give people what they want?

Not saying the experience of feeling them out isn't a fun experience/challenge, but it gets old after you do it a few times. Not only that but, I can't speak for all LEGO stores, but at mine, the packs are dumped out of the boxes and put on a shelf, there isn't really much room to sort the packs as you are feeling through them. I just kinda lay them on the ledge till I'm done, but if there were more than 1 person doing this at once it gets crowded very fast

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Unnecessary over sized head pieces cost money guys, cmon now.

Game for the movie CMFs, but i'll be taking a break after until the thirteenth wave I think.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not really feeling the Movie CMFs, might have a feel for an Abe Lincoln but even then I'm not really that interested. Depending on whether the Simpsons ones look as terrible as the ones included in the house I might give those a miss too, unless there's characters I really like. They just won't fit with everything else I have so I'd have to really want them to warrant having them on display. Maybe if there's a Hank Scorpio!

I think my inherent disinterest in the Lego Movie minifigs will go away once I see the film. Seeing the characters come to life on screen may very well establish a love for the minifigs that is presently absent.

I think my inherent disinterest in the Lego Movie minifigs will go away once I see the film. Seeing the characters come to life on screen may very well establish a love for the minifigs that is presently absent.

I'm sure LEGO is banking on it. Ninjago without the TV show would not have sold nearly as well. The TV show made the green ninja a highly sought after minifig.

I love Taco Tuesdays guy and Panda Suit guy. The rest of the ones I got were Emmet, Larry the barista, Where are my pants guy, President Business and Good Cop/Bad Cop. I thought they were pretty cool too.

I reckon once we've seen the movie we'll know more about these characters and get all the injokes. Emmet's little instruction manual is great.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
meTcUBgl.jpg

I love the Simpsons mini-figs, may be I am the only one who doesn't think they are ugly.

I also like the Movie CMF. :/

I think the shape and the scale are perfectly fine. My main issue is that the expressions on Homer, Bart, Lisa and Marge make them seem shifty or high. Flanders is perfect though.

Ponn

Banned
Spank the Monkey!

Getting excited for Lego Movie. Was going to order Mars Rover and Eiffel Tower this weekend but i'm strongly considering changing that to Lord Business Evil Lair. That fig and set just looks so crazy. Also I will get a Lego Batman poster for my work wall.

Tons of new pictures on this Flickr account for The LEGO Movie, Chima and Ultra Agents

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61839591@N08/sets/72157640299391795/

Cool! Thanks!

OMG Chima! It took a turn for the worse. The higher quality pictures made it worse. It was better with the fuzzy leaked ones. I like a lot of the parts in trans, but but those builds are bleh. I want some the new Chima minifigs especially the spiders, tigers, and rhinos. The mammoth ones are quite ugly. The mammoth maxi fig is ok.

Top Bottom