• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

neonglow

I'm most excited for the Bicycle Shop & Cafe.

12212441044_fa912a23c2.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Chima. Still as mediocre as ever. But the rhinos and mammoths are pretty cool!

Anyone else think that the tarantula legs would be perfect for the Venom minifigure?

EDIT: There's a Chima minifigure named Voom Voom. Uh.

I think the shape and the scale are perfectly fine. My main issue is that the expressions on Homer, Bart, Lisa and Marge make them seem shifty or high. Flanders is perfect though.

Flanders looks good though I don't know if I like that there is no outline for his glasses. I actually like the expression on their faces instead of being neutral, the faces fit their characters, Homer looks bored at work, Lisa look like sad and contemplating life as usual and Marge is rolling her eyes at Homer direction.

I'm most excited for the Bicycle Shop & Cafe.

12212441044_fa912a23c2.jpg

Perfect gateway set to the modulars. Will be great for kids that want a set for their super heroes to fight. Modulars are way to expensive for kids (even I can't keep up).

I like that set a lot and think it will do very well. For those that complain about not having sets for both sexes, I think that set would do well with girls too. It has the nice facade with open back. I'm sure some details inside too for playing.

EDIT: $90 set makes it a bit steep, but 40% lower than modular. Well played LEGO.

Poor Chima, looks like an EXTREME version of Fabuland, just without the charm, the better looking minifigs and...well yea.

Those smaller modular sets are awesome to me, totally affordable as well.

Really liking the new Chima stuff though I have to see it in better detail though. Seems like they are going more for a hybrid of ultrabuild stuff with regular stuff... more than they use to.

Perfect gateway set to the modulars. Will be great for kids that want a set for their super heroes to fight. Modulars are way to expensive for kids (even I can't keep up).

I like that set a lot and think it will do very well. For those that complain about not having sets for both sexes, I think that set would do well with girls too. It has the nice facade with open back. I'm sure some details inside too for playing.

EDIT: $90 set makes it a bit steep, but 40% lower than modular. Well played LEGO.

Are these going to be Creator or City? My daughter is already eyeing some of the modular but I am not sure I want to go down that path yet so this would be nice diversion. Also you could mods it with more details and add stuffs. I love that it is complete buildings and not just theme park like face building.

I hope this means Homer will be in CMF with basic attire and wide open eyes.

I'm a bit disappointed they went with a 1x1 round tile piece for a doughnut. I think reusing the Lord of the Rings ring would have been nice. Well, maybe not since it would be hard to print the sprinkles on it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like people were totally right about the Simpsons eyes in the CMF series!

Can't wait to get them all :)

Hope they don't waste a minifig slot on another Maggie. Let her be a House exclusive please. (hoping for the same of Flanders but considering what he was wearing in the House set, we'll probably get another of him)

neonglow

vBacftHl.jpg

Pick up some aftermarket parts, I am surprise at the quality. I see them at brick shows but never actually handle them.

Some of the aftermarket guys just melt LEGO bricks and then mold them into new parts. I know Brickarms does that but I think others do so as well. They just bulk purchase the cheapest brick they can find with the most plastic on them like a 2x4 brick.

My guess as well.

They are going to sell so many of those CMF, it isnt even funny. I think if this does well enough we will see more licensed CMF series.

I really hope I don't have to compete with Simpsons collectors to get these. Does anyone actually know a person that buys everything Simpsons?

My guess as well.

They are going to sell so many of those CMF, it isnt even funny. I think if this does well enough we will see more licensed CMF series.

I'm still surprised they haven't done DC, Marvel, or Star Wars CMF yet since there is a wide range of characters to make plus each can have multiple series.

I'm still surprised they haven't done DC, Marvel, or Star Wars CMF yet since there is a wide range of characters to make plus each can have multiple series.

too cheap to get them all ;)

There are people here who bought Hobbit sets just to complete the dwarves,
I can understand that.
Mind you I don't think this will be tha case for all that many people.
If there was a CMF Series for LOTR, The Hobbit, Marvel, DC or whatever, I would be all over them!

jpatez34

Neo Member
Just built two of my 3 LEGO Movie sets (Metal Beards Duel & The Melting Machine) and already this is starting to become my fave series ever... (Image bomb incoming!)

The Brickshow review of Metalbeard was spot on, defo a 10 out of 10! The shark, the cannons, the massive sword! Awesome stuff and my fave set of 2014 so far.

too cheap to get them all ;)

There are people here who bought Hobbit sets just to complete the dwarves,
I can understand that.
Mind you I don't think this will be tha case for all that many people.
If there was a CMF Series for LOTR, The Hobbit, Marvel, DC or whatever, I would be all over them!

I am one of those dwarf people :) I've spent a lot getting them all in sets but I have no regrets.

mrkgoo

I was looking at my classic space men Lego and they have actual studs on top of their heads with the Lego logo and everything. When did they start having a hollow stud on top and why?

It would be cool if Benny actually came with an old school style head.

Rootbeer

Banned
It was surely to reduce costs, why else? Sucks but its part of any business. Though i guess you could argue it was put there so they could attach things inside the hole, but usually headpieces are attached via the stud so...

Unfortunately despite some obvious cost-saving measures such as that and making more and more parts in foreign countries, it hasn't kept prices from going through the roof on LEGO sets.

On the flip side, they are improving some aspects such as providing nicer printing (except for when they opt or stickers, but at least the minifig printing is improving) and mold improvements such as we are seeing in the new Simpsons figures (multi-colored plastic for the arms/legs)

Rootbeer

Banned
isn't the hole in the head so kids who eat them can still breathe, like a biro-cap?

Having not researched it and basing my previous post solely on gut instict, that makes some sense ;) It's easy to be Jaded in these times! My sister actually swallowed some of my LEGO when I was 5 and she was 3. I barely remember it but I'm sure my mom has a vivid recollection.

mrkgoo

Having not researched it and basing my previous post solely on gut instict, that makes some sense ;) It's easy to be Jaded in these times! My sister actually swallowed some of my LEGO when I was 5 and she was 3. I barely remember it but I'm sure my mom has a vivid recollection.

I swallowed a minifig head when I was little.

ghostmind

Oh my god Brent/wetwired, you did it!!!

Congratulations to the founder of LEGO-GAF (aka Best-GAF), and now the creator of CUUSOO model 007!!!

Rootbeer

Banned
You did it wetwired... this is your day (year!) Can't wait to buy it, haha. Soo... do they give you some kind of cut? You know, like a builder's fee, kinda like a finder's fee? :)

Looking ahead, I hope Adventure Time wins. I'm a huge Zelda fan, sure, but I don't think that set really captures the iconic nature of the series. The Adventure Time one, however, is perfect.

Also, RE: Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary... I wonder if they will actually include the building part or just do the vehicle + minifigs? I'd LOVE to own the entire thing, but I wonder if they'd release something that expansive as a cuusoo.

Ponn

Banned
Congratulations Brent! And will be buying the shit out of this. Im going to have to make an 80's section on my desk with BttF, TMNT and now Ghostbusters.

Someone submit K.I.T.T. Aiwolf and the A Team van to Cuusoo stat.

Draxal

Grats Wetwired.

Hopefully, the female minifigs sets makes it. While I really don't want to rehash that insanely boring debate, I do think their should be more female minifigs (I wish they were flesh tone though).

Of the winter sets, Zelda and Macross won't make it due to licensing issues. The DeLorean has no chance due to the previous one. I like the architecture one, but I doubt it's a go. I think it'll be either Sherlock or Adventure time.

Top Bottom