• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Disney Princess 2015
41060 - Aurora's Bedroom
41061 - Jasmine's Exotic Adventure
41062 - Elsa's Glittering Ice Palace
41063 - Ariel's Underwater Castle

Friends 2015
41085 - Animal Care Clinic
41086 - Mobile Pet Care
41087 - Rabbit Mother With Babies
41088 - Puppy Training
41089 - Foal Care Stable
41090 - Olivia's Garden Pool
41091 - Mia's Sports Car
41092 - Stephanie's Pizzeria
41093 - Heartlake Hair Salon
41094 - Heartlake Lighthouse
41095 - Emma's Family Home
41097 - Heartlake Balloon
41162 - Friends Animals Series 6

LEGO Movie 2015
70817 - Batman & Super-Angry Kitty
70818 - Double-Decker Couch
70819 - Bad Cop's Police Car

Architecture 2015
21022 - Lincoln Memorial
21023 - Flatiron Building

Pirates 2015
70409 - Shipwreck Defense
70410 - Soldiers Guardsmen with Pirate Raft
70411 - Pirate Treasure Island
70412 - Soldier's Fort
70413 - Large Pirate Ship

Star Wars 2015
75072 - ARC-170 Starfighter MF
75073 - Vulture Droid MF
75074 - Snowspeeder MF
75075 - AT-AT MF
75076 - Republic Gunship MF
75077 - Homing Spider Droid MF
75078 - Imperial Troop Transport
75079 - Shadow Troopers
75080 - AAT
75081 - T-16 Skyhopper
75082 - TIE Advanced Prototype
75083 - AT-DP
75084 - Wookie Gunship
75085 - Hailfire Droid
75087 - Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
75089 - Geonosis Troopers
75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike

Mixels 2015
65103 - Mixels Series 4

CMF 2015
71008 - CMF Series 13
71009 - Simpsons CMF Series 2

Racing 2015
75899 - La Ferrari
75908 - 458 Italia GT2
75909 - McLaren P1
75910 - Porsche 918 Spyder
75911 - McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop
75912 - Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75913 - T & F14 Ferrari Truck

CITY 2015
60065 - Swamp Police Quad
60066 - Swamp Police Starter Set
60068 - Bandits Hiding in the Swamp
60069 - Police Station in the Swamp
60071 - Hunting in the Airboat
60072 - Demolition Experts Starter Set
60073 - Construction Truck
60074 - Bulldozer
60075 - Excavators & Dolly
60076 - Demolition-construction
60081 - Pickup with car
60082 - Beach buggy with Transportation
60083 - Snowplow
60084 - Racing Motorcycle Transporter
60085 - 4-Wheel Drive with Powerboat
60088 - Firemen Starter Set

Technic 2015
42032 - Compact Track Loaders
42033 - Action Rocket Car
42034 - Action Quad
42035 - Dump truck
42036 - Street Motorcycle
42037 - Formula Off-Roader
42039 - Long-Distance Race Cars

CREATOR 2015
31027 - Blue Race Car
31028 - Seaplane
31029 - Transport Helicopter
31030 - Red Go-kart
31031 - Rainforest Animals
31032 - Red Creatures
31033 - Car Transporter
31034 - Future Flyer
31035 - Beach Hut
31036 - Grocery

Wow, Elsa and Jasmine, check. I'm assuming that Anna will be there too. And since it should be a smaller set, I'm assuming that Jasmine will come with a Friends baby Rajah.

That, a lot of the CMF stuff, the pirate ship and potentially the elves stuff is on my radar.

What exactly does the MF stand for on the end of some of those Star Wars sets? I'm trying to figure out why they're re-releasing the Republic Gunship so soon.

Disney Princess 2015
41060 - Aurora's Bedroom

"Aurora's Bedroom" ... *giggity*

"Jasmine's Exotic Adventure" ... *giggity*

"Elsa's Glittering Ice Palace" ... I hope for many, many trans pieces.

Micro-Fighters
Okay, thank you. If that's the case...:Starts drooling:

The Microfighters were such a fun build for me, so I'm looking forward to how they do the stuff like the AT-AT and the Republic Gunship.

Edit: How Feasible would it be to buy the parts needed to make an older set? Like, completely from scratch. I saw the old TIE Interceptor UCS and I feel a sudden urge to try and build one.

New Supercars theme???
458 Italia GT2 - $15
LaFerrari - $15
McLaren P1 - $15
Porsche 918 Spyder - $15
McLaren Mercedes Pitstop - $40
Porsche 911 GT Finish - $60
F14 & Scuderia Ferrari - $110

*prices are rough estimates

The prices have me worry because I want them to look close to real super-car but I am excited as I love race cars.

R-User!

Much more to come, including new Disney Princess sets...

Sneak peak of what I have so far...

41060 - Aurora's Bedroom

In presume the "Elves" might be the "Fantasy Castle" theme?

Edit: Only 87 sets in that list ghostmind, I need moar!

Rootbeer

Banned
So... got a new Toys R Us 20% off a single item coupon in the mail today (attached to a Babies R Us flier... not sure why it's always Babies R Us and never Toys R Us info inside, bo-o-oring!)

The catch? Well, you might not like it. I know I didn't.

It's only 20% off for TRU credit card holders. For everyone else it's only 15% off.

I hope this won't be the case from now on... sucks.

Anyone signed up for the TRU CC though? They keep hassling me every single time I'm in there.

Ravek

Banned
Wow. I heard Ninjago stuff wasn't selling as well as the "original" run, but apparently it's still selling decently. That's a LOT of new sets. Looks like they are making good use of the Pythor mould.

Isn't the movie coming out next year? Maybe thats why or am I wrong?

Rootbeer

Banned
... man those LEGO Star Wars planet sets are expensive on ebay... i should not have passed on series 4 when it was on shelves, sigh

i'm just baffled by how much more series 4 costs compared to series 1, 2, 3 (which i have), must have had a smaller run.

iuuk

... man those LEGO Star Wars planet sets are expensive on ebay... i should not have passed on series 4 when it was on shelves, sigh

i'm just baffled by how much more series 4 costs compared to series 1, 2, 3 (which i have), must have had a smaller run.
Series 4 wasn't released in the US as far as I know, in Europe they're still MSRP or lower.

Ohhhh....holy crap.

I have to hear lines & songs from that movie twenty or thirty times a day. My youngest is going to flip her lid when she sees this.

Hell, I even bought her the shirt on the left a while back:

BrBWjCAIAAAwVJC.png:large

Ringo

Ohhhh....holy crap.

I have to hear lines & songs from that movie twenty or thirty times a day. My youngest is going to flip her lid when she sees this.

Hell, I even bought her the shirt on the left a while back:

Thank you for putting "Do you wanna build a snow man?" back in my ear.

A few more classic minifigs arrived together with a bunch of new interesting heads, so the lineup increases... I really need to get more room for these.

QylZC9p.jpg

Elsa's Ice Palace - My daughter is going to flip!!

I'm looking forward to the Snowspeeder and AT-AT Microfighters. Those are two of my favorite vehicles.

What about the UCS Slave 1?? I guess that's still slated for fall of this year?

Rootbeer

Banned
So what's happened to the S@H site? I haven't been able load it for several days now.

Hmm well i loaded it earlier. They put the new Chima polybag up, who knows, maybe other stuff?

*EDIT*

just notice jabba's palace is listed for 29.99 at S@H ... out of stock obviously

Wow I wonder how many people actually got it at that price... would be incredible

Ponn

Banned
Space Pirate Elves.

I kind of hate that Kreo has the D and D license, or maybe Lego and them just never came to a deal, I don't know exactly. What I do know is I could picture if Lego had that license and they explored all the different worlds what awesome sets we could possibly have.

Spellammer?? I mean come on, fucking space elves and more. Mind Flayers, Space pirates, oh good lord the possibilities.

Ravenloft??!! Put those sets out around Halloween.

sorry had to find some pics for some who may not be familiar with the mind-altering craziness that is Spelljammer

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO doing D&D would be epic, but the kre-o stuff is okay :) I mean, I did go on about how much I bought of it earlier this month... about $90 worth (all on clearance, so I got almost everything... missing like two small items, I may ebay those at some point)

Biggest disappointment is the lack of variety in the minifigs. mostly humans and orcs, with a few elves. NO monsters... let alone uhh, HELLO? Dragons.

Come on, D&D has some of the most iconic monsters in fiction, and they are OWNED by them too: beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, kuo-toa, mind flayer, slaad, umber hulk, yuan-ti... oh and what about tieflings? oh, right... well we did get one of those in the kre-o blind bags :) MAGICALLY.

tl;dr: D&D license is epic, kre-o quality is good but sadly they either lacked the inspiration or budget to do it justice, sigh.

Saw a new LEGO sticker book at the book store.

oDcIsYHl.jpg

Yeah. Way to rub salt in the wound that Monster Fighters is no more by putting out a new sticker book for the Halloween season about them and other awesome spooky sets.

They really should have a Halloween Village series like they do Winter Village.

Hate to be the water bucket for the Elves fire but I just read on BrickFan that it's apparently the Castle line for girls and will use the minidolls.

I mean not like that will stop us from buying them anyway but I saw some people getting excited about the yellow elf ears and.. yeah :(

Don't know if the Elves line was the same as the fairy-tale Castle subtheme, hopefully that's still a thing and we get some new and interesting Castle stuff that's not all pink and purple.

Rootbeer

Banned
After the success of the haunted house SURELY they have more monsters on the agenda at some point. Their product lineup is just so damn full... they have to put some ideas on the back burner, right?

And... I have a dilemma

I found a Sith Fury Interceptor for a good price. new in box. Should I buy or...? I mean, I still need to decide on a Sept 1st S@H purchase... i wish I could get the sandcrawler, but I just don't know >.<
Hate to be the water bucket for the Elves fire but I just read on BrickFan that it's apparently the Castle line for girls and will use the minidolls.

I mean not like that will stop us from buying them anyway but I saw some people getting excited about the yellow elf ears and.. yeah :(

Don't know if the Elves line was the same as the fairy-tale Castle subtheme, hopefully that's still a thing and we get some new and interesting Castle stuff that's not all pink and purple.
Yeah... that is a bummer. the minidolls just suck compared to minifigs. Less posability is what bugs me. I'll admit they make much better looking females though. LEGO should make new torso molds for females... lots of customs already do it.

Something like this? For a custom I feel like it's an improvement, but I can see some not liking it

After the success of the haunted house SURELY they have more monsters on the agenda at some point. Their product lineup is just so damn full... they have to put some ideas on the back burner, right?

And... I have a dilemma

I found a Sith Fury Interceptor for a good price. new in box. Should I buy or...? I mean, I still need to decide on a Sept 1st S@H purchase... i wish I could get the sandcrawler, but I just don't know >.<

Yeah... that is a bummer. the minidolls just suck compared to minifigs. Less posability is what bugs me. I'll admit they make much better looking females though. LEGO should make new torso molds for females... lots of customs already do it.

Something like this? For a custom I feel like it's an improvement, but I can see some not liking it

First off, buy Sith Fury. One of the best damn ships out there.

As for the minifig, the adding the curve to the sides of standard mini figs like your pic is how I think they should do it. It adds a small touch to show it is a female figure, but it is still a standard mini figure outside of that. The best of both worlds.

DemiMatt

Star Wars 2015
75072 - ARC-170 Starfighter MF
75073 - Vulture Droid MF
75074 - Snowspeeder MF
75075 - AT-AT MF
75076 - Republic Gunship MF
75077 - Homing Spider Droid MF
75078 - Imperial Troop Transport
75079 - Shadow Troopers
75080 - AAT
75081 - T-16 Skyhopper
75082 - TIE Advanced Prototype
75083 - AT-DP
75084 - Wookie Gunship
75085 - Hailfire Droid
75087 - Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter
75089 - Geonosis Troopers
75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike

What does MF stand for?

I really had hoped that Elsa's castle would be bigger than a $35 set. That's disappointing.

My kids will be thrilled to have an Elsa mini doll but still....was hoping for a Cinderella-sized set.

BUY THE FURY INTERCEPTOR!!

I hope they do more with the monsters too. All these leaks that just happened, though, they're for the first half of 2015, right? There's still a LOT they can bring out in the second half.

I mean for this year we just got all the summer Star Wars sets, City, Chima, etc etc but we didn't find out about those until a few months ago. So whatever they have planned for the second half of 2015 we're still a ways out from knowing. Here's hoping two years off of monster Lego is enough time to bring them back!

What does MF stand for?
Micro Fighter

Actually, that might be even better for me. That means the ears are light flesh. Maybe we get the CMF Elf hair with another colour. Although I wouldn't buy the sets, just loose figures.

As for the Elsa set, I don't really see how they could make a bigger castle. They'll need to seriously mix the pieces to not get too many transparent pieces connecting, so making huge walls would just look silly. And besides, anything even near to scale would be HUGE. If we just get the main two-three figures, you can build the rest from existing trans blocks. And I bet it will introduce a few new colours so there are more pieces on the market.

Space Pirate Elves.

Aren't those just Romulans?

That was me. I was hoping for more generic yellow elf ear hair pieces. Oh well, I'll probably want some of those mini-dolls. Maybe I'll make some Vulcan minifigs with the elf ear hair pieces.

I kind of hate that Kreo has the D and D license, or maybe Lego and them just never came to a deal, I don't know exactly. What I do know is I could picture if Lego had that license and they explored all the different worlds what awesome sets we could possibly have.

Spellammer?? I mean come on, fucking space elves and more. Mind Flayers, Space pirates, oh good lord the possibilities.

Ravenloft??!! Put those sets out around Halloween.

I heard LEGO passed on license to World of Warcraft from someone that works at Blizzard (take with a grain of salt). I would guess D&D probably did not fit LEGO's criteria as an ideal IP license.

wetwired

Turns out 100 Bats didn't go as far as I had hoped :/

WIP8A.jpg

I also put some orange pieces over the light in the arch to make the light warmer and built a smaller tunnel underneath the arches in the door way with a red light (bit hard to tell from this photo)

main things left are the rock sculpting, more loose rocks on the ground and the bat computer.

I'm thinking I need to light The Bat up a bit too somehow.

Ryuuroden

I need some instruction videos or guides on LED lighting of lego mocs. I am planning on lighting the entire interior of my Orthanc and I want to give it globes of light like lanterns and torches.

Turns out 100 Bats didn't go as far as I had hoped :/

WIP8A.jpg

I also put some orange pieces over the light in the arch to make the light warmer and built a smaller tunnel underneath the arches in the door way with a red light (bit hard to tell from this photo)

main things left are the rock sculpting, more loose rocks on the ground and the bat computer.

I'm thinking I need to light The Bat up a bit too somehow.

fXAPa7U.gif

Wonderful work. To the shock of nobody.

Top Bottom