• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

wetwired

Do you have room to feed an LED through the stands and below the vehicle? Could be a nice "showroom" style feature.

I ended up putting them on The Bat itself, I tried on the platform below it but The Bat pretty much covers up the entire surface so it wasn't noticable.

Also I saw it for the first time in daylight with the lights, which is how it'll be at the expo, everything is pretty bright and noticable which is good. I probably won't show any pics until it's complete now, just waiting on some more parts to arrive.

Ryuuroden

I've put in 8 bricklink orders over the last 3 days for my Orthanc. I've actually switched over to doing the interior at the same time now as the exterior at least for the dungeon so yeah it's starting to look pretty damn good. I will wait for the bricklink orders to show up before I post anymore pics so that it will look more complete but yeah, I am pretty fucking proud of where it's going now. The dungeon level is going to look great just by itself and the way I built in the spiral staircase now with torches going all the way up it and cut outs that show the inside of the staircase mannn I love where its going. I also have built in hollow tubes in the walls around the staircase so I can eventually work in LED lighting in there to give it a cool effect. After I finished building the exterior, I completely dismantled the interior walls and have been rebuilding them up with torch mounts and other things so I don't have to add walls later and have all the snot work already there. Also have built the tall columns that hold up the ceiling and I am very happy with how they turned out as well. Anyways, it looks way different than my last photos.

Ponn

Banned
I put White House together. I'm going to try and put at least Tripod Invader together tomorrow and take some pics. Quick thoughts..mmm...s'okay. Some neat but very repetitive building techniques made more annoying by using ALOT of small pieces. Not very stable, more of the fault of them insisting on building bases with the Architecture sets instead of including base plates.

now getting ready for Attack on Titan drunk marathon, if i'm feeling cheeky enough I will check in.

So apparently there's a new "Monster Fighter" set out? My coworker just posted it on her Instagram.

It's one of those small yellow boxes, like the wedding cake topper or the graduation set. It's Lord Vampyre, his coffin, a chain and a lock on the coffin, a red spider, and it sits on a 4x8 grey plate.

Has anyone else seen these? Or were there ANY hints or rumors? I was completely shocked seeing the picture. Here's hoping they make more!!!

Lemme try to post a picture:

AAGkPrh.png

I forgot to mention this. I saw it this past Friday at my local LEGO store. Seems a bit pricey for what you get. I guess inflation is catching up. I'd buy that set in an instant for $5.

I don't think I'll buy any minecraft sets but I look forward to people buying a fuckton and making epic landscapes

I'm interested to see what the aftermarket prices will be for the minifigs, mobs, etc that are exclusive to those sets.

They would be better off raiding a PAB wall to get so many basic bricks, unless they wanted tons of the new printed bricks.

Agreed. Not everyone has a LEGO store near them though. Also, the big attraction are the minifigs, mobs, and minecraft accessories (i.e. pickaxe). I'll be buying a bunch of those sets for that exact reason. I don't plan on buying them aftermarket because I expect the prices to be crazy high. Can't have too many regular bricks, right? :)

Eklipsis

The Lego Store!

They should theoretically be showing up at Lego Stores everywhere? $7.99 each.

That's a bummer(no store close by). Know how long they will be there? Just for the Halloween season I assume.

I'm really upset with my self that I didn't get more of the monster fighter sets when they were out.

That's a bummer(no store close by). Know how long they will be there? Just for the Halloween season I assume.

I'm really upset with my self that I didn't get more of the monster fighter sets when they were out.
Don't fret - I can't figure out what the set is called but the other three jut like it (wedding, graduation, birthday) are available on Lego's website. I would be shocked if it wasn't also available online. I don't think there's actually a single item sold in Lego stores that isn't also available on the website. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope so. I need to see if Lego is going to destroy of revitalize Bionicle.

Totally was out of touch with all things LEGO during the entire run of Bionicle. Curious how it may compare to the current Hero Factory stuff which, while I don't own any, has some pretty sweet stuff going on. I really like those mini robot figures they come with too. I need to pick a few up just for that reason.

I feel like it's gonna be ridiculously easy to tell which one is which, they're all so unique. Most difficult one might actually be the princess VS the wizard.

So completely hyped for this series. I love them.

ghostmind

I feel like it's gonna be ridiculously easy to tell which one is which, they're all so unique. Most difficult one might actually be the princess VS the wizard.

So completely hyped for this series. I love them.

Yeah, this series feels like a return to form for the CMF line. Reading through WhiteFang's review, you get a better idea of all the little details that have been put into this series, which I felt was missing from both the Simpsons and LEGO Movie CMFs.

I'll be getting the full set, and will likely be looking for multiples of the Space Miner and Hun Warrior, though I would also like a couple each of the Video Game Guy and Pizza Delivery Guy.

EDIT: And two of the Piggy Guy, because my son always wants one of each of the animal costume minifigs.

Double VIP month in October might mean that is month I finally catch up with the street modular sets and pick up the final two I need, palace cinema and the Parisian restaurant.

On that note, I've heard people on here talk about a triple vip month. When was this and was it only in the US?

Hmm looking only it seems that the detective agency rumour for the next Street modular has been floating around for a fair few months now. I agree with who ever said it would be a strange name to use. I'm sure it will look ace when we see it.

I haven't built anything since the Mini 3 weeks ago as I've finally used up all of the space on my breakfast bar. I've been catching up on a few games. I'm going to rearrange all my Lego though and have the minifigures on one shelf, the non minifig scale vehicles on another and the street modulars plus minifig scale modulars on another. There will be a lot of dusting to do as well haha

I'll have time to build something big next week. I might do the Lego movie dropship or the next modular and then I'll be busy with destiny the week after.

Triple VIP isn't a month, I've been told that it's Black Friday here in the US and it's not on every set, it's just select sets are 3x VIP.

Also, it doesn't happen every year, so we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Edit: LMAO the princess comes with a frog because her second face is her puckering up to give it a kiss. Bravo Lego, ahahahaha

Edit 2: OMG the Space Miner's insignia is the Classic Space logo but instead of a space ship orbiting the planet it's a drill. EXCELLENCE.

neonglow

Hmm looking only it seems that the detective agency rumour for the next Street modular has been floating around for a fair few months now. I agree with who ever said it would be a strange name to use. I'm sure it will look ace when we see it.

I think the Detective Agency name is a new thing. For several month, the rumor was that we would be getting a police station similar to Fire Brigade.

Triple VIP isn't a month, I've been told that it's Black Friday here in the US and it's not on every set, it's just select sets are 3x VIP.

If that's true, I'm imagining that LEGO will probably exclude the Direct 2 Consumer exclusives like the modular buildings.

I think the Detective Agency name is a new thing. For several month, the rumor was that we would be getting a police station similar to Fire Brigade.

I searched for it and there was a rumor euro bricks from June using that exact name.

If that's true, I'm imagining that LEGO will probably exclude the Direct 2 Consumer exclusives like the modular buildings.

So was there a triple VIP points day in the UK or should I just buy what I need to get in the double VIP points month?

The series 12 minifigs look great. There are only a few I don't care about, and most will find some place around my displays. And it might be useful to get a second princess to use that kissing face in a fun scene somewhere. Maybe along with a freaked out face :D.

As for the rumoured modular, I feel that a classic noir detective agency (you all know how it looks - big desk, typewriter, gun in a drawer, shuttered windows around the door) could look really awesome. It would fit in much better with the Fire Brigade than a modern police agency. Although the main problem is that all that great detail would be hidden inside.

I need some advice, LegoGAF!

What's the best way to sort/store Lego for someone who doesn't have space for those small part storage cabinets discussed a few pages back? I'm trying zip locks, but I'm finding out it may not be the best way to do so.

Any help is appreciated!

I2V5bkg.jpg

I improved my workspace a bit by moving a spare piece of particle board around and using it to hang up sorting trays. Instead of having a bunch of random plastic containers stacked up, there's some sort of order now. I also left space to put in another row if I need one.

I think I'll look around for a solution like a corner desk with shelves above it so I can remove the old Ikea wall shelves (that I don't dare put anything heavy on) and maybe make space for a better modular street.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh right; I hope CMF 12 isn't priced the same as the Simpsons series.
Supposedly it is. Getting a bit much for such tiny things.

Especially when some are disappointing from a parts perspective.

And no, they are not out. The guy doing the reviews gets sent a case from LEGO early, iirc.

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay it is officially decided. Tonight's early access S@H Sept 1st purchase will be...

Haunted House

Cause I don't want to risk it not being available for the Oct 1st rush. Supply on it already seems constrained. And I've put off buying it long enough.

Oh, and the earlier I get it, the faster I can get it up for the Halloween season!

Bought the Star Wars advent calendar yesterday. It's August :)

I'd like to buy it... if I could find it :) I remember finding them a little early at Target last year. Didn't see any today when I stopped in for a drink after work.

amazon had them for sale BRIEFLY and pulled the listing

Okay it is officially decided. Tonight's early access S@H Sept 1st purchase will be...

Haunted House

Cause I don't want to risk it not being available for the Oct 1st rush. Supply on it already seems constrained. And I've put off buying it long enough.

Oh, and the earlier I get it, the faster I can get it up for the Halloween season!

hqdYTbh.gif

You have chosen wisely.

Eklipsis

Finally picked up the superman vs power armor Lex but unfortunately I have to go to work and won't be able to build it right away lol

Has anyone got any pictures of the winter village post office with the two 2011 limited edition Christmas sets attached have they? I want to know if it's worth buying them or not.

I've already bought the two 2013 sets and the 2012 one.

Top Bottom