• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I prefer the animals to the seasonal scenes but it's really close. I hope they do more of these animals, there are some I would love to see.

Ryuuroden

This is the part i've been buying up on bricklink over the last few months:

6039347.jpg

In that color

EDIT: Wow, no wonder its so hard to find anyways, I did a set search and its only appeared in 2 sets. like 6 pieces over the 2 sets. I love bricklink, there would be no way I could get these parts in large numbers if not for it. Also I got them relatively cheap too although now I've created a shortage I am sure the price will go up.

Does anyone collect the Winter Village sets? They are my 2nd favorite theme behind the modulars and I started collecting both around the same time. How would y'all rank them? Here are the 6 that have been released:

Winter Toy Shop:

q9F51dE.jpg

Winter Village Bakery:

nKpDunz.jpg

Winter Village Post Office:

zJ6VQbH.jpg

Winter Village Cottage:

rmtcyRr.jpg

Winter Village Market:

2ZyfvoN.jpg

Santa's Workshop:

4Z2iDjb.jpg

I have the Toy Shop and Bakery, but I hated the Post Office design so I didn't get it. Then I stopped collecting for a couple of years until the Parisian Restaurant pulled me back in. Unfortunately Lego discontinues them about a year after introduction making them even harder to collect than the modulars. I found out the Cottage (MSRP $99.99) was introduced in 2012 and retired in 2013 and currently go for ~$180-200 new. Luckily I found a seller locally that'll give it to me for $130 cash. I'm debating skipping the Market but Santa's Workshop is a must-get.

My rankings (will update after I build the cottage and workshop):

1. Santa's Workshop
2. Toy Shop
3. Bakery
4. Cottage
5. Market
6. Post Office

Whoa. Lego shipped my stuff and it will be here tomorrow. Strangely, they haven't charged my card yet.

And right now finding out they may deliver our furniture tomorrow too. Whoa. Gonna be a busy day.

Edit: damn. Three boxes? Fed ex gonna hate me.

Does anyone collect the Winter Village sets? They are my 2nd favorite theme behind the modulars and I started collecting both around the same time. How would y'all rank them? Here are the 6 that have been released:

e

Those sets get a lot if love around here. It is my favorite theme. If I had to rank them it would be:

Toy Shop
Cottage
Bakery
Post office

I haven't picked up the market or workshop yet, but will likely grab the former this week.

Time to start looking for a place to put them this year.

Ainaurdur

Wait a minute... the Town Hall is still alive on the NA S@H. Ships on 10/20/14.

Damn this temptation.

I am getting the "It's almost OOP, I should get it even though I never really wanted it in the first place!" temptation. That slightest chance that I might want to build it once I have it, or that it will just sit in the box until I one day decide to sell it.

Which just feels selfish and dumb to me. I don't need to do that to my wallet, and the other people out there who may actually want it right now. Gotta just say no.

I am still debating other purchases like the VW Camper Van anyway.

wetwired

I shit myself for a second, i got a 2nd email from lego about my tumbler order being out of stock on and backorder, I thought it meant it was delayed even further but it actually got bumped up to ship on the 4th of Nov instead of the 6th

Rootbeer

Banned
My replacement parts for Kanan came in. Now I can build brown-haired show-accurate Kanan and his cousin, black-haired Kanan. They also sent me an extra Storm Trooper head by accident (not helmet), so that's neat too.

ghostmind

LEGO Jurassic World press release:

UNIVERSAL PARTNERSHIPS & LICENSING BUILDS GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE LEGO GROUP AS MAJOR TOY LICENSEE ON JURASSIC WORLD

LOS ANGELES, CA, Oct. 7, 2014—Universal Partnerships & Licensing (UP&L) today announced that The LEGO Group will create original LEGO products in conjunction with the release of Jurassic World, the long-awaited next installment in Steven Spielberg’s groundbreaking film series that will be released on June 12, 2015. The LEGO Group’s participation rounds out an overall branded toy campaign designed to bring the action, adventure and excitement of the film to audiences around the world alongside global master toy licensee Hasbro. The toys will be available in May 2015. The announcement was made by UP&L President Stephanie Sperber and Jill Wilfert, vice president of global licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group.

“Jurassic Park defined dinosaurs for an entire generation 20 years ago, and Jurassic World will do the same in 2015,” said Sperber. “Working with LEGO Group to bring this classic into the present in dynamic and exciting ways is truly thrilling.”

“We are thrilled to be a part of the groundbreaking Jurassic Park series,” said Wilfert. “The film’s imagery and branding are iconic, with a rich array of landscapes, vehicles and dinosaurs that are perfect for inspiring a line of building sets that will encourage hours of creative play.”

We prob have a week left of this thread and I know you're (rightfully) busy with your current build, but have you started work on OT4: Everything IS Awesome?
This weekend. I will actually have a desk and chair tomorrow. No more sitting on the floor with my desktop.

EDIT: Wow, no wonder its so hard to find anyways, I did a set search and its only appeared in 2 sets. like 6 pieces over the 2 sets. I love bricklink, there would be no way I could get these parts in large numbers if not for it. Also I got them relatively cheap too although now I've created a shortage I am sure the price will go up.

Yeah, wow! This piece has appeared six times in total (2 + 4 in the aforementioned sets); that`s insane. We need some updated context photos for your Orthanc build. I want to get a better idea of scale.

Curse you all for the Winter Village discussions. I just ordered the Market, and will finish off the series with the Workshop on Nov 28 for the second bonus item.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not sure if they could have done any better with the Minecraft sets considering they are trying to emulate minecraft's unique look-and-feel with LEGO parts which are quite different looking in many ways.

A part of me thinks they will sell VERY well. Another part of me sees tons of Minecraft stuff clogging up the shelves at my local Target and TRU so I'm not sure, has its popularity finally peaked (and possibly even already begun to decline)? It's too bad LEGO didn't get these out the door a year ago.

LK7un7T.jpg

Oh, you magnificent beast. Just awesome.

The main body of this thing feels like a tank. Like it will roll over and crush everything in its path. But then you start putting all the outside armor on, and it feels like holding the sides too tight will make it collapse.
Having said that, the techniques for getting all the angles on this thing are really, really cool. Especially the side windows. I was not a fan of how the final four flaps went on though. So fragile.

It is a very intimidating display piece, that is for sure. While I am not a fan of some of the fragility near the end, this is a top top build, and the final visual results speak volumes.

Definitely a top 5 of the year so far.

Now I need sleep.

Looks like some of the Minecraft sets can be combined with little to no modification.

IvFqUua.jpg

I've warmed up to the Minecraft sets a lot. It seems there are a lot more new moulds than I realized.

- Seems like the animals have heads. The animal legs seem to be the 1x2 modified bricks with the slot down the center but in new colors.
- Creeper may have several new moulds.
- Torso on the endermen seem to be new too.

On another note, this Achitecture set seems to be a treasure trove of the elusive 1x1 round plate with a hole.

LEGO Architecture Lincoln Memorial (21022) by tormentalous, on Flickr

R-User!

LK7un7T.jpg

The main body of this thing feels like a tank. Like it will roll over and crush everything in its path. But then you start putting all the outside armor on, and it feels like holding the sides too tight will make it collapse.
Having said that, the techniques for getting all the angles on this thing are really, really cool. Especially the side windows. I was not a fan of how the final four flaps went on though. So fragile.

It is a very intimidating display piece, that is for sure. While I am not a fan of some of the fragility near the end, this is a top top build, and the final visual results speak volumes.

Now I need sleep.

Congratulations Mr. Wayne PhoncipleBone!

Enjoy your spelunking furniture arrival tomorrow!

Vroom Vroom
--INTIMIDATE--

Rootbeer

Banned
And here we have the Age of Ultron Quinjet toy courtesy of NYCC to give us an idea of how different the LEGO version may be from 2012's quinjet.

NYCC14HasAvengers2Quinn.jpg

Fowler

This is the part i've been buying up on bricklink over the last few months:

6039347.jpg

In that color

Don't know why, but I love the idea that you probably hold more of that one piece than anyone outside of LEGO. You might even have more than LEGO by the end!

ghostmind

LK7un7T.jpg

Now I need sleep.

Congrats Phon! The beginning of the tidal wave of new sets for you. I don't think I will ever own this one, so you'll have to represent it in your Top Sets of 2014 list.

ghostmind

Starting on Friday, TRU Canada has two promos going:

1. free 5002144: Dareth vs. Nindroid polybag with the purchase of $30 or more on LEGO, excluding Friends.

2. free 40181: Bricktober Pizza Place with the purchase of $75 or more on LEGO.

Nothing in the flyer about not being able to combine the promos.

And with the Dareth poly promo happening this week, and the leaked Rocket Raccoon polybag originating from a TRU in Canada, I would bet that it will be an upcoming promo for TRU Canada sometime in mid-to-late-October.

Yeah, wow! This piece has appeared six times in total (2 + 4 in the aforementioned sets); that`s insane. We need some updated context photos for your Orthanc build. I want to get a better idea of scale.

Curse you all for the Winter Village discussions. I just ordered the Market, and will finish off the series with the Workshop on Nov 28 for the second bonus item.

Hey let me know how it is. This is probably the last year they're available and I'm still on the fence.

Rootbeer

Banned
BRICK LOOT! A Loot Crate-like service for Brick fans.

http://www.brickloot.com/
get 10% off using the code brick10 (from brickset.com homepage)

As noted in their article, much of what is in the box will be from third parties so just be aware of that before subscribing. However, they are claiming that EVERY MONTH there will be a build inside that contains official LEGO elements.

Latest purchase from Amazon Italy. I am not really into the minifigs but this have plenty. The seems fun.

iVskfxW.jpg

The reason I didn't buy this set much earlier than I did was because of the minifigs, yeah. For someone who's already been buying most of the Batman sets in the last 3 years it just didn't have much to offer. The variants were pretty weak IMO. I guess my fav was scarecrow since I didn't have him yet... though I don't like the LEGO scarecrow design with that hat... but at least it's better than two-face. I really, really hate that hairpiece.

It's a nice roster if you don't have many other Batman sets though.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Alright guys, It has been a while since I posted here. Since buying a house (and items for said house) has taken most of my additional spending money, i have tried to stay away from you other enablers as much as I can. But I am currently back looking to doing some purchasing. I still need to complete my half purchased Green Grocer and I am looking to part out the Winter Village Toy Shop 10199 since it is the only one I don't currently have. I really don't feel like spending $250-300 for it at this point. I have used Bricklink a ton, but what is the best practice for everyone here to keep track of what they actually have for a set and what they need? I was thinking an excel spread sheet maybe? Is there an easy way to export a parts list?

Top Bottom