• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
You can eliminate using existing sets with options in rebrickable as well as tell it to use only the loose parts you have, provided you have kept your rebrickable list that updated. It has a lot of options.

Yea, its not updated with loose parts at all, just sets.

Krilekk

Banned
if you're looking for one, I have one I need to sell. In the UK so can ship to Germany easily enough. boxed, unused.

Thanks, but I secured mine in time. I just don't know if I can justify ever building it with this markup. I guess it's nice to know I could. :)

Krilekk

Banned
German Prices for Minecraft sets (available to preorder from TRU):

21113 Cave 19.99 €
21114 Farm 26.99 €
21115 First Night 39.99 €
21116 Creative Box 54.99 €
21117 Enderdragon 69.99 €
21118 Mine 99.99 €

That is ... ambitious. TBH I was expecting ten to fifteen € less for each set. The Enderdragon set is the worst, high price for such a boring build. Might be smart to just bricklink the mostly common blocks, add the creative box when it's 20 % off and go from there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
German Prices for Minecraft sets (available to preorder from TRU):

21113 Cave 19.99 €
21114 Farm 26.99 €
21115 First Night 39.99 €
21116 Creative Box 54.99 €
21117 Enderdragon 69.99 €
21118 Mine 99.99 €

That is ... ambitious. TBH I was expecting ten to fifteen € less for each set. The Enderdragon set is the worst, high price for such a boring build. Might be smart to just bricklink the mostly common blocks, add the creative box when it's 20 % off and go from there.

Ouch. I wanted the three with the spider, pig and sheep but that'll be nearly 90 euro.

Fowler

LEGO Batman movie being fast-tracked for a 2017 release, with Will Arnett reprising his role.

http://www.newsarama.com/22378-report-lego-batman-theatrical-film-being-fast-tracked-for-2017.html

2017 could be quite a year for LEGO, since the LEGO Movie sequel is also planned for release then.

I'm wondering if they got some of their facts wrong on this.

Not doubting interest in a LEGO Batman movie. But it seems odd that Chris McKay would direct two LEGO movies set for the same year starring the same character (because, let's be honest, Batman is surely going to have a big part in the sequel).

That or the second LEGO movie has been delayed for whatever reason and they haven't actually announced that yet, with the Batman movie moving up to take its place. I don't know. Just can't see one guy directing two LEGO movies in a year.

ghostmind

The Brick Fan is reporting:

Warner Bros. is tentatively scheduling the movie release for 2017 while the original date for The LEGO Movie 2 has been pushed back. There will also be a LEGO Ninjago movie coming out on September 23, 2016.

Off to work in a few, but finished off Mini Cooper.

Fantastic set. Nice and solid, and glorious looking when done. I think I prefer the VW Camper between the two, but this is a very worthy successor to it.

ghostmind

08k1xjP.jpg

Hoping that the next couple weeks bring the Rocket Raccoon poly.

I found a 12 year old set on the shelf today at Kmart-4726 quidditch practice.

It was 12.99. I now have my 1st chrome gold piece in the golden snitch.

Rootbeer

Banned
I found a 12 year old set on the shelf today at Kmart-4726 quidditch practice.

It was 12.99. I now have my 1st chrome gold piece in the golden snitch.

that's pretty insane... i have that set but I got it over two years ago! it sells for a lot these days but so do all the HP sets

neonglow

It might take awhile longer before we see official images of the Creators and whatever else there was. LEGO filed a copyright strike on Youtube against the guy that was revealing all the images.

ghostmind

It might take awhile longer before we see official images of the Creators and whatever else there was. LEGO filed a copyright strike on Youtube against the guy that was revealing all the images.

I'm surprised it took them that long, and they didn't go after him when he leaked the Slave I pics.

Regardless, he had leaked pretty much everything he had already.

Kyari

Aw yeah, horses were in the pick-a-brick wall today, snagged a half dozen :D
Also new CMF, so I grabbed a jester to join my Joker goon squad.

Off to work in a few, but finished off Mini Cooper.

Did you manage to find a gig you're comfortable with in KY? Are you working for a company which will regularly furnish you with B&N coupons and copious Nook boxes? :)

Interesting feedback on the Tumbler & the Cooper. Sounds like you marathoned them....think you might have a different opinion of you had spread them out? I'm sitting on the Camper right now waiting to build it. Even having the box makes me want to buy the Cooper too. Love the look of the latter.

Did you manage to find a gig you're comfortable with in KY? Are you working for a company which will regularly furnish you with B&N coupons and copious Nook boxes? :)

Interesting feedback on the Tumbler & the Cooper. Sounds like you marathoned them....think you might have a different opinion of you had spread them out? I'm sitting on the Camper right now waiting to build it. Even having the box makes me want to buy the Cooper too. Love the look of the latter.
It had been too long since I had a huge set. And when I build I usually marathon them. Doing some so close together does help judge them though. If it had been too long between I would probably feel different.
The Tumbler is epic as hell, but the way those last parts of armor go on are very fragile. That is in sharp contrast to the main body, which is solid as hell and feels like you could kill someone with it. It is so awesome how the interior and framework of the car go together. The set is also intimidating as hell when on display. It just looks dangerous. And those tires! Oh, those glorious, beastly tires on the back. There are a lot of stickers in the set, but none are particularly troublesome or worrying to out on. And, just like with the Ecto-1 set, I love having a display stand for the figures. I think all major display sets should do that from now on.

As for the Mini Cooper, that felt solid all the way through. I could nitpick and say he interior is more cramped than it should be, but there is so much style and character to it you really don't care. The only reason I would put it slightly below the VW Camper is that there was so much more going on inside the camper than the mini. But I like the exterior look of the mini more than the VW. Both are really tip top sets though. While the Mini had a few stickers that were nerve racking, nothing compares to the terror of putting on the VW sticker on a circular piece on the camper. The terror of knowing that they wont replace the sticker if you mess it up, and that the set just wont look right without it, cannot be understated. If there is one thing I would knock the VW for, it is that sticker alone. In contrast, the Mini would look awesome without any stickers.
I did really like the fact that they gave you a bunch of different license plate stickers to choose from on the mini. Many European ones, and then CT ones for USA plates. A nice little touch.

Built the Halloween bat tonight though. Cute lil fella. And better in person than the pics. Once I go through all the animals I will rank them. Right now I think the valentine bear is my favorite so far.

Now for tomorrow, I am debating between Sea Cow or Sydney Opera House.

leng jai

The Tumbler is the definition of a tank. I agree that the last few finishing touches are kind of finicky. You can pretty much bypass all the stickers without impacting the overall look since they're mostly interior.

The Joker fig is simply mint also.

Visiting the cool Lego shop again. They had 10% off everything today to celebrate the Lego/Shell thing, which suited me fine. Got two minifigs, a Professor Lupin at a decent price, fridge magnets, the remaining two purple Mixels so I can build a parrot (damn you, LegoGAF!) and finally the Quinjet which was already cheaper than MSRP here. Only problem is that I will probably want Hawkeye, Hulk and Cap now...

nothing compares to the terror of putting on the VW sticker on a circular piece on the camper. The terror of knowing that they wont replace the sticker if you mess it up, and that the set just wont look right without it, cannot be understated. If there is one thing I would knock the VW for, it is that sticker alone.

This isn't helping my nerves.

Just got myself a couple series 12 CMFs fresh out of the Lego store and look what the Swashbuckler's pants turned out to be:

UUnl3Uy.jpg

what the hell Lego?? first i've seen a part this messed up, looks like molten off evenly across both stumps.. (needless to say it doesn't fit the torso)

Now i gotta return all the way there next week or so to get my refund for that one measly figure ;(

Just got myself a couple series 12 CMFs fresh out of the Lego store and look what the Swashbuckler's pants turned out to be:

what the hell Lego?? first i've seen a part this messed up, looks like molten off evenly across both stumps.. (needless to say it doesn't fit the torso)

Now i gotta return all the way there next week or so to get my refund for that one measly figure ;(

That's really weird. You should contact customer service on the s@h site to avoid the drive.

Rootbeer

Banned
Definitely bizarre. Hope we don't start seeing a lot of these popping up. I want LEGO to retain its reputation for quality, which admittedly is already tarnished due to increased reliance on Chinese plastic... but they need to get things under control before it becomes a worse situation. And with the premium prices LEGO charges (3.99 for a minifig, seriously) there is NO excuse.
Someone on Brickset is reporting that the mini snowman is being sold by B&N for $5.
Cool! There is a B&N near my main TRU but I usually only go in there like once a month. I'll stop in today and look around for it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I've had partially molten or not comletely formed pieces before, but only with clone bricks.

Lego please!

Ryuuroden

It had been too long since I had a huge set. And when I build I usually marathon them. Doing some so close together does help judge them though. If it had been too long between I would probably feel different.
The Tumbler is epic as hell, but the way those last parts of armor go on are very fragile. That is in sharp contrast to the main body, which is solid as hell and feels like you could kill someone with it. It is so awesome how the interior and framework of the car go together. The set is also intimidating as hell when on display. It just looks dangerous. And those tires! Oh, those glorious, beastly tires on the back. There are a lot of stickers in the set, but none are particularly troublesome or worrying to out on. And, just like with the Ecto-1 set, I love having a display stand for the figures. I think all major display sets should do that from now on.

As for the Mini Cooper, that felt solid all the way through. I could nitpick and say he interior is more cramped than it should be, but there is so much style and character to it you really don't care. The only reason I would put it slightly below the VW Camper is that there was so much more going on inside the camper than the mini. But I like the exterior look of the mini more than the VW. Both are really tip top sets though. While the Mini had a few stickers that were nerve racking, nothing compares to the terror of putting on the VW sticker on a circular piece on the camper. The terror of knowing that they wont replace the sticker if you mess it up, and that the set just wont look right without it, cannot be understated. If there is one thing I would knock the VW for, it is that sticker alone. In contrast, the Mini would look awesome without any stickers.
I did really like the fact that they gave you a bunch of different license plate stickers to choose from on the mini. Many European ones, and then CT ones for USA plates. A nice little touch.

Built the Halloween bat tonight though. Cute lil fella. And better in person than the pics. Once I go through all the animals I will rank them. Right now I think the valentine bear is my favorite so far.

Now for tomorrow, I am debating between Sea Cow or Sydney Opera House.

BUIIILD THE SEA COWWWW, best model this year imo.

Definitely bizarre. Hope we don't start seeing a lot of these popping up. I want LEGO to retain its reputation for quality, which admittedly is already tarnished due to increased reliance on Chinese plastic... but they need to get things under control before it becomes a worse situation. And with the premium prices LEGO charges (3.99 for a minifig, seriously) there is NO excuse.

Yup i totally agree, and now with that Shell announcement, i wonder what the future will hold for Lego quality wise...

Ironmask

Winnie the Pimp said:

This sucks, even in another group i follow everyone laments the poor quality of the cmf. Personally i've found that every yellow hand was of a washed yellow quality. Days later the situation got better (maybe sun rays do the trick?) But the difference is still visible...

Also the musketteer as an orangish torso WTH?!?

Top Bottom