• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

UCS Invisible Jet is very disappointing.

7wpkcoz.jpg
See rest of photos:
http://imgur.com/a/pUBHU#0

Rootbeer

Banned
My Town Hall shipped today ahead of schedule! I could have it on the 17th. So that leaves:

Palace Cinema (taking my time on this one)
Grand Emporium (Will be looking on fair deals on it)
Fire Brigade (if I get lucky...)

And I'll be ordering Detective Agency immediately when available.

UCS Invisible Jet is very disappointing.

See rest of photos:
http://imgur.com/a/pUBHU#0

I never thought i'd see such a creative execution of such an uncreative joke. But they pulled it off.
Is this the only set where you can get the wolly mammoth big fig?

70144: Laval's Fire Lion
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/70144-1.jpg
Yes although there are two mammoth minifigs in Maula's Ice Mammoth if you're interested in the mammoth tribe.

Ryuuroden

I thought that when a thread reaches 20k it auto creates a new thread so you actually do not want to let it reach 20k if you have a new OP to make for one.

I don't think you should wait till it hits that number if that is true.

I'm going to put a Lego order in tomorrow. I was hell bent on getting another modular. I had settled on the Town Hall. Now I'm torn whether to spend $300 on one set or get the Town Square and a Star Wars set like Jabba's Sail Barge instead.

Ryuuroden

Nothing will happen when we reach the limit, don't panic.

You sure? I coulda sworn I've seen it happen before. Well doesn't matter to me either way. What does happen then?

What I could swear I've seen before is post 20,001 becoming op 1 in a new thread because 20,000 is a hard limit.

You sure? I coulda sworn I've seen it happen before. Well doesn't matter to me either way. What does happen then?

What I could swear I've seen before is post 20,001 becoming op 1 in a new thread because 20,000 is a hard limit.

Some fast moving threads will go a few pages over the soft limit before a mod steps in to close them.

Ryuuroden

Impressive so far. Do you have any sort of timeline as to when you want it to be completed?

I would like to finish it by March, end of April at the latest so that I can take it to the Chicago convention. If it doesn't make it to Chicago in 2015, it will by 2016. The big thing for me is to make sure it's perfect and that I don't simplify anything in order to finish in time.

I only just got it last week. I had to snag it now before it disappeared. I will build it closer to Black Friday. Same with Santa's Workshop

Mine arrives on Thursday. I didn't want to risk missing out on it. Will pick up the Workshop & SW Advent calendar next week if all goes well, then I'll be up to date on the Winter sets.

With all of the shipment delays & "sold out" statuses on the S@H site I'm starting to work through my backlog of wanted sets from an oldest first order. I'm glad I picked up the Camper for that reason alone; have a feeling a lot of 2013 and earlier sets will be gone in a few months.

I would like to finish it by March, end of April at the latest so that I can take it to the Chicago convention. If it doesn't make it to Chicago in 2015, it will by 2016. The big thing for me is to make sure it's perfect and that I don't simplify anything in order to finish in time.

Very cool either way. :D
How many parts so far? and what is your estimate for the final product?

So OT 4 going up today :D

That first LegoGAF thread was also the reason I got back into Lego. The X-Wing from 2012 was the first new set I had in about 15 years. Glad to be back. Bring on OT 4

I thought that when a thread reaches 20k it auto creates a new thread so you actually do not want to let it reach 20k if you have a new OP to make for one.

I don't think you should wait till it hits that number if that is true.

Should we slow down on posts so it doesn't roll over before Phon is ready? :p

I'm scared guys!

bbye thread!

Relax, guys. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

tumblr_n1hdhnu4Mz1qi3tiko1_500.gif

tumblr_meox7y4hDF1rlapeio3_500.gif

Not tryin' to steal your thunder ghostmind, but I had a flash thought that this thread needs some prequel trilogy representation too... :p -being that I like those films as well... :)-

I watched Attack of the Clones on Saturday with my 8 year old. I hadn't seen it since the original theatrical release twelve years ago. It....did not hold up well.

R-User!

I watched Attack of the Clones on Saturday with my 8 year old. I hadn't seen it since the original theatrical release twelve years ago. It....did not hold up well.

There was a point where it held up?

Sound design is still tip top.

That's like those oscars they give away the day before the show to those movies they don't want to feel bad.

That IS pretty crucial for SW.

:(

--- :_( ---

B-b-but
THE REPUBLIC GUNSHIP!
THE MUSIC!
THE VISUALS!
OBI-WAN vs JANGO FETT!
BATTLE ON GEONOSIS!
YODA vs DOOKU!
POLITICAL MACHINATIONS!
ACROSS THE STARS!

But really, I do get that many don't like the film, but I guess I can tolorate the parts that make people cringe better than most; plus, I just love being in the Star Wars Universe so much that I can take the "bad" with the good. :)

Edit 2:
*Sound that Republic Gunship makes when revving up and speeding away* <3 :also the sound that the seismic charges make that Jango shoots at Obi-Wan= <3
:p

Ahahaha my girlfriend wanted to buy green grocer and smacked face-first into a solid wall of sticker shock. I wonder what she was expecting it to cost? She knows it's out of print and that the modulars blow up.

Looks like we are probably about to get pet shop in the near future. The chronological modular order is currently pet shop, town hall, cinema, Parisian thing?

We will get this thread to 20k and get it locked, come hell or high water.

This feels like cheating for post count though :( you made the next ot right? Eager to show it of

ghostmind

Ahahaha my girlfriend wanted to buy green grocer and smacked face-first into a solid wall of sticker shock. I wonder what she was expecting it to cost? She knows it's out of print and that the modulars blow up.

Looks like we are probably about to get pet shop in the near future. The chronological modular order is currently pet shop, town hall, cinema, Parisian thing?

This feels like cheating for post count though :( you made the next ot right? Eager to show it of

OT 4 is already over 200 posts deep - come on over!

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911981

Top Bottom