• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHow

Neo Member
It might pop back up. It was gone in August or early September and then reappeared.

Fingers crossed! If my entire wishlist reappears during October and November (Best Star, Sea Cow, and Ewok Village), it's going to kill my wallet, but it'll be worth it during the glorious holidays!

Amiibro

Must be my lucky week. Just stopped by the local Walmart and noticed they had Benny's Spaceship on the top shelf, kind of odd since its old and they don't have it on the modular anymore. Took it over to the price scanner and it scanned $40.00. Even though I already have one the deal was too good to pass up so it came home with me.

Rootbeer

Banned
This is going back a few days but I just noticed this in the VIP FAQ and remembered your post:

"Please note: You are earning partial points for your purchases, but these points do not show up in your online confirmation or account history. They will be added to your account and accrue in your points balance. For example, if the LEGO item is £9.99, you are earning 9.99 points, but it will appear as if you have only earned 9."

So yeah, you're getting 3.99 VIP points there, it just displays as 3 until you get 0.01 more. (I assume the US terms are the same as the UK ones)

I never took the time to actually do the math on it, always assumed they just rounded down. Really good to know that you DO get partial points because that can add up a lot over the years. I wish they would display it somewhere though. The people using shop.lego.com are adults, not kids... I think we can handle a few decimal points. Show us a more accurate count!

Why don't they just do the simpler thing and just round it up. So a 3.99 minifigure gives 4 points instead of 3.99 points (only 3 displayed). Would be so much clearer for everyone.

Ponn

Banned
Guys, i'm sorry I just need to vent so no worries but i've been very frustrated the last week. My Mixer has gone unfinished for a week straight and my Halloween moc stuff is sitting here and i'm almost in tears over this shit and I shouldn't be. I can't get through one bag of Lego now without my head feeling like its going to burst and neck spasms starting. This used to be an escape for me from my troubles but its starting to become a source of frustration now and adding onto my depression. I'm gonna keep reading Lego Gaf and I love you bunch of enabling bastards but I just won't be posting as much.

Oh for Phon though since i'm not sure when/if im going to build it this was the stupid, dumb thing i've been wanting to buy that I finally pulled the trigger on.

EyYtkDk.jpg

I finally have it, the Lego port-a-potty!

Guys, i'm sorry I just need to vent so no worries but i've been very frustrated the last week. My Mixer has gone unfinished for a week straight and my Halloween moc stuff is sitting here and i'm almost in tears over this shit and I shouldn't be. I can't get through one bag of Lego now without my head feeling like its going to burst and neck spasms starting. This used to be an escape for me from my troubles but its starting to become a source of frustration now and adding onto my depression. I'm gonna keep reading Lego Gaf and I love you bunch of enabling bastards but I just won't be posting as much.

Oh for Phon though since i'm not sure when/if im going to build it this was the stupid, dumb thing i've been wanting to buy that I finally pulled the trigger on.

I am sorry to hear all that. I have cut back on my building lately as well. I really want to keep going on my Halloween MOC and make it massive and glorious, but honestly I have just been exhausted and will be lucky if it is just the church and graveyard at this point.

I don't get the hand spasms like you, but my neck hurts like hell if I build for too long because of looking down so much. It has also made me stop playing Mario Maker for a bit because I am always looking down at the controller screen.

I feel your pain on wanting to build and do creative things with the bricks. I am guessing you are feeling this compulsive need to get some stuff out of your head and make it real like I am. It hurts not being able to do that because of silly body issues like a bad neck.

*raises my glass to you* You shall get through this. Don't get too down about it. Just find some other avenue to feel happy in. Lately I have taken to learning to cook and working more in the kitchen. At least it is something creative, even if I keep falling back on the same four things I make. But dammit, I am learning something new.

Oh, and the port a potty is awesome. :)

EDIT: And Ponn, if you need to vent, feel free to PM. Anything that will help you through the depression and frustration.

First off, that Port-a-potty set is amazing. The disturbing part is that it appeals to me as a Doctor Who fan which I haven't quite reconciled.

Seriously though, we're here for you if you need to vent. I don't know the specifics of the challenges you're dealing with but you are a valued member of our community-don't forget that.

I too have felt neck and wrist pain while building sets and even more so while sorting bulk lots. I wonder if a stand-up desk or a really nice chair would help.

We should develop a Lego stretching routine.

Edit: found one

FogJGfL.jpg

Also, don't forget as with ANY muscle related pain really, strengthening those muscles is KEY to eliminating pain in those areas. This goes for back pain as well as other pains like neck, shoulders etc. you need to start with some workouts if you're not already doing them.

When my kid was born and i was carrying him around all the time i was starting to get lower back pains and shoulder pains all over since i was using muscles i never had to before, so those weren't up for the task. I started doing something as simple as pushups every day, and before long ( a couple weeks) all the pain i was having started to disappear.

Give it a try! Though for the neck area, i might have to check which exercise specifically hits those muscles.

Also, don't forget as with ANY muscle related pain really, strengthening those muscles is KEY to eliminating pain in those areas. This goes for back pain as well as other pains like neck, shoulders etc. you need to start with some workouts if you're not already doing them.

When my kid was born and i was carrying him around all the time i was starting to get lower back pains and shoulder pains all over since i was using muscles i never had to before, so those weren't up for the task. I started doing something as simple as pushups every day, and before long ( a couple weeks) all the pain i was having started to disappear.

Give it a try! Though for the neck area, i might have to check which exercise specifically hits those muscles.
Good idea to help avoid Lego Neck.

Osahi

I never took the time to actually do the math on it, always assumed they just rounded down. Really good to know that you DO get partial points because that can add up a lot over the years. I wish they would display it somewhere though. The people using shop.lego.com are adults, not kids... I think we can handle a few decimal points. Show us a more accurate count!

Why don't they just do the simpler thing and just round it up. So a 3.99 minifigure gives 4 points instead of 3.99 points (only 3 displayed). Would be so much clearer for everyone.

Seems to be correct. Just checked my latest orders and I redeemed 5 euro's on the 159,99 Falcon, so I payed 154,99 and should have gotten 154 points. But my VIP statement sais I gotten 155 on the Falcon... So I got a point extra because a previous order tipped it.

I'm all for a more accurate count though. But seems it is save to assume that with any order for the next 90 or so I get one point extra because I have 90 behind the decimal or something like that.

EDIT: I just notice S@H lets you put Poe's X-Wing back in your shopping back, with the notice that new stock will arrive soon.

Saw this posted on another thread. Anyone here heard anything about this? Wet? I'm hoping it's true as it would be awesome to have to go with Wet's Ecto-1.

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-hq-75827-coming-in-2016/

LEGO Ghostbusters fans are in for a real treat next year! Over on YouTube, Just2Good – one of the most reliable sources when it comes to early LEGO set news – has states that there will be a LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ set coming in 2016!

According to him, the set’s number will be 75827 and it will contain a whopping 4,600 pieces! Obviously, with such a high number of pieces comes a high price to pay. Just2Good stated that the Firehouse HQ will retail for a total of $350.00 USD. As for the release date, we should see this bad boy hitting the shelves on January 1st, 2016.

In regards to the actual set, we still don’t know the finer details. We don’t know exactly which minifigures will be included, however, we do know that it will be based off the original film rather than the new movie that’s coming out next year.

Though details are lacking, I’m pretty sure many of you are quite hyped for this new set. As always, we should expect more details to come out the closer we get to the month of January. Perhaps, we might even get an early tease/look at the set at this year’s New York Comic Con which is going to be held between October 8-11.

peely

Neo Member
Not sure if some of you might have seen this, and even less sure of its reliability.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/ghostbusters-modular-hq-to-be-released-in-january-2016/

According to YouTuber Just2Good we are getting a Ghostbusters Firehouse HeadQuartes set in January of 2016. It is rumored to have the following features.

4600 Pieces
Cost $350 US
Detailed Interior and Exterior
Based on the Original Film and not the new Film
It also appears that it will be based on one of the Lego Ideas sets
No worf on what minifigures that will be included. I wonder if Stay Puff will be included. That would explain part of the piece count.

My skepticism has been engaged though, just seems too good to be true :eek:

edit: dammit oneknightr :p

TheFuzz

Of all the licenses and sets they've turned down, this $350 set gets made?

GB is an all-time favorite and Wets Ecto-1 brought me out of the dark ages, but this just seems (awesomely) odd for Lego to do this. If this ends up being a licensed modular of sorts it'll be worth it.

Now I gotta find the money for it.

Interesting GB rumor. I hope it's true and modular compatible. Even if it's like the Haunted House. It's not officially compatible, but close enough!

4,600 pieces would be twice the size of all the other modulars, I'm not sure how it could fit unless it's double-wide or has a looooot of non-building stuff.

TheFuzz

I can understand the skepticism, but J2G is very reliable and isn't wrong a lot, especially when he's got details like set number and piece count. This isn't some random person.

I'd imagine that its gonna be twice as long as a regular modular which is why its almost double the pieces. Maybe it'll open up on the side too.

But yeah I ain't getting it no matter how good it is. $350 is way too much for me. Max I'll probably ever spend on a single Lego is $150.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks guys for notes. LegoGaf is best GAF. Holy crap at Ghostbuster firehouse rumor. That would be incredibly awesome if it fits in with the modulars. Hopefully they don't waste pieces on an ecto-1 in the set and make it big enough to wetwired's in.

I'd imagine that its gonna be twice as long as a regular modular which is why its almost double the pieces. Maybe it'll open up on the side too.

But yeah I ain't getting it no matter how good it is. $350 is way too much for me. Max I'll probably ever spend on a single Lego is $150.

Just pass on 2 $150 sets. Done!

Saw this posted on another thread. Anyone here heard anything about this? Wet? I'm hoping it's true as it would be awesome to have to go with Wet's Ecto-1.

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-hq-75827-coming-in-2016/

LEGO Ghostbusters fans are in for a real treat next year! Over on YouTube, Just2Good – one of the most reliable sources when it comes to early LEGO set news – has states that there will be a LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ set coming in 2016!

According to him, the set’s number will be 75827 and it will contain a whopping 4,600 pieces! Obviously, with such a high number of pieces comes a high price to pay. Just2Good stated that the Firehouse HQ will retail for a total of $350.00 USD. As for the release date, we should see this bad boy hitting the shelves on January 1st, 2016.

In regards to the actual set, we still don’t know the finer details. We don’t know exactly which minifigures will be included, however, we do know that it will be based off the original film rather than the new movie that’s coming out next year.

Though details are lacking, I’m pretty sure many of you are quite hyped for this new set. As always, we should expect more details to come out the closer we get to the month of January. Perhaps, we might even get an early tease/look at the set at this year’s New York Comic Con which is going to be held between October 8-11.

Just saw the rumor on my RSS feed. Man, $350 rumored price. I will get it for sure if they use dark red bricks. :)

Fire Brigade am cry.

If it's anywhere near to scale for the car, it could be tricky to fit on a modular street since it would need to be two baseplates deep. Or maybe they'll figure something out. Either way, that's a must have.

Koren

Damn, I'm awful at feeling those CMS bags :/ Can't find the first three ones of the series 14 (the first one I'm really interested in). Probably not the hardest ones, I'm just bad. The fact that I'm feeling bad about doing this doesn't help.

At least, they're cheap in my supermarket (that usually don't carry them, but they did with this one, at 2.30€ a piece). A want a mad scientist, dammit! ^_^

Not sure if some of you might have seen this, and even less sure of its reliability.

My skepticism has been engaged though, just seems too good to be true :eek:
I don't believe it either, but I'm interested because it's one of the MOC I'm on the verge of bricklinking.

I too have felt neck and wrist pain while building sets and even more so while sorting bulk lots. I wonder if a stand-up desk or a really nice chair would help.
Actually... thanks for the rest of the post... I've had health troubles ("filled" ears, light head and on the verge to dizziness) most probably because a stiff neck after spending hours not on Lego but working on a laptop this summer. No much help from doctors, I'll try this ^_^

That GB HQ sounds like Bizarro World to me somehow... i mean, really?

If it turns out to be true i really can't wait to see pictures, but i am already kind of regretting them "wasting" a HUGE ass set like this on a building that would somehow be visually similar to the Fire Brigade (unless the color scheme would be TOTALLY different but i doubt that).

Must have either way though i think...

mojiimbo

Thanksgiving seasonal set, Santa's Workshop and new Mixels are starting to show up.

Also odd that they redesigned/updated the VW bus with a new box. New dimensions and art. The actual set is the same.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got my Batpod today too!

Hmm, would the GB Headquarters replace the usual January modular? I'm kinda hoping it does... because January is stacked beyond belief already.
Thanksgiving seasonal set, Santa's Workshop and new Mixels are starting to show up.

Also odd that they redesigned/updated the VW bus with a new box. New dimensions and art. The actual set is the same.

Thanks for your status updates, really useful for us!

That GB HQ sounds like Bizarro World to me somehow... i mean, really?

If it turns out to be true i really can't wait to see pictures, but i am already kind of regretting them "wasting" a HUGE ass set like this on a building that would somehow be visually similar to the Fire Brigade (unless the color scheme would be TOTALLY different but i doubt that).

Must have either way though i think...

Fire Brigade was six years ago though (seven at that point) and many lament that they can't get it. Also, they remade the Winter Toy Shop so they don't necessarily have the collectors in mind when they make new stuff. Also, they made a pirate ship that was mostly a remake of the 2009 one.

... does this mean we'll get new versions of Imperial Flagship and Medieval Market Village while they're at it? :D

Also, Haunted House was visually pretty similar to Green Grocer and Temple of Airjitzu has similarities with MMV, Fire Temple and Ninjago City. It's not a restriction.

Fire Brigade was six years ago though (seven at that point) and many lament that they can't get it. Also, they remade the Winter Toy Shop so they don't necessarily have the collectors in mind when they make new stuff. Also, they made a pirate ship that was mostly a remake of the 2009 one.

... does this mean we'll get new versions of Imperial Flagship and Medieval Market Village while they're at it? :D

Also, Haunted House was visually pretty similar to Green Grocer and Temple of Airjitzu has similarities with MMV, Fire Temple and Ninjago City. It's not a restriction.

yes please MMV revival. i need five more. one is not enough.

i do plan to get ToA though.

3N16MA

Banned

Hope you feel better and LEGO once again becomes something enjoyable. Just delay your Halloween MOC and push it to Christmas. Then you can make a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

Amiibro

Anywhere for the workshop online? I already have the winter toy shop ordered.

3N16MA

Banned
That GB HQ would be massive. If it pans out it gives me hope of something similar to Wayne Manor that was not chosen earlier this year could eventually become reality.

wetwired

For the record this is the first I've heard of this, but that doesn't mean it's not true however. I knew nothing of Ghostbusters appearing in LEGO Dimensions, any more than the rumours and speculation from the community.

There's several reasons it could be true.
  • New movie coming out will boost the popularity of the IP
  • Ghostbusters will be "out there" in the public eye even more early next year due to the inclusion in LEGO Dimensions
  • Large one-offs have been proven to be good sellers, Simpsons House, Kwik-E-Mart, Haunted House etc
  • Ecto-1 set has been very popular, that combined with the new movie coming out

There's also several reasons it may not be
  • It's bloody massive
  • Ecto-1 has been round a while now, in all likelihood it won't be on the shelves anymore in late 2016 if the Delorean is any guide. Seems like to make the most out of the HQ you'd ideally want both on the shelves together. Though I guess they could either extend production of the car or include it or a variant of it with the HQ
  • Releasing a set associated with the old films could be counter to the interests of any potential sets coming out for the new film. I mention this because I have heard rumours of this happening, not through LEGO though, through retailers so take that for what it's worth. This point could also be viewed as a positive I guess, just creating exposure for all forms of Ghostbusters.
  • The core concept (HQ) was rejected from LEGO Ideas twice. Though to be fair the Ideas platform has been proven to not be a good place to produce large sets.
  • It's bloody massive

For the record this is the first I've heard of this, but that doesn't mean it's not true however. I knew nothing of Ghostbusters appearing in LEGO Dimensions, any more than the rumours and speculation from the community.

There's also several reasons it may not be
  • It's bloody massive
  • The core concept (HQ) was rejected from LEGO Ideas twice. Though to be fair the Ideas platform has been proven to not be a good place to produce large sets.
  • It's bloody massive

It's already been shown that IPs can be rejected in LEGO Ideas and still come out as a set. LEGO could already have had plans to do such a thing. UCS Sandcrawler I think was one such example.

As for the massive size, they could reduce it significantly by making it a facade much like Tower of Orthanc and Haunted House. However, if the cost of $300+ is true, it better be massive.

Rootbeer

Banned
Guys, i'm sorry I just need to vent so no worries but i've been very frustrated the last week.[...]
Sorry I didn't see your msg earlier Ponn, been really distracted trying to track 500 things at once :) I'm sorry about your condition, I live with a disabled person and I've known them since before they were disabled and am keenly aware of all the things they used to be able to do which now struggle with. I don't know what it's like exactly but I have some insight on the situation and take your stance seriously. Please stay strong and I hope you can enjoy some LEGO activity now and again.

3N16MA

Banned
It does seem a little weird that this is the set they decide to go all out on but I'm not going to complain. Love me some GB.

Even as a playset, there doesn't seem to be enough elements to warrent a $350 set. There's the office, containment room, garage/lockers, bedroom(?), and the upstairs rec room?

They'll include a bunch of great figs, of course. And hopefully some great ghosts as well.

I'm really curious to see how it all comes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom