• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Just finished building Kylo Ren's Shuttle. What a beast! I didn't really like it before seeing the film, but after I needed this set.

Loved the built too. The body has a great shaping and lots of cool details, the wings are robust and that wing folding mechanism is awesome. I too, a break between the two wings though, so repetition didn't set in. One hard bit was a connection within the wings. You had to push four red technic joints trough two bricks and it just didn't budge. Had to remove some plate pieces to have more wiggle room to get it done. Fingers are still sore...

And then there is the issue of the straight wings not going outwards in flight mode, but I don't care too much. The designer didn't know, and he did a tremendous job with the rest of the ship.

(And great figures too! Though I would've loved to get one stormtrooper extra in stead of the extra crewmember. And Hux would've been nicer with a cloth coat)

Rootbeer

Banned
Edit: Aaaand ordered. Finally got the Red Card as well thanks to your incessant nagging, Zulithe. :p

Can't argue with a free 5% off the entire merchandise catalog of target.com and your local Target stores! Oh and free shipping on any order on target.com... uhh, yeah. I shop at Target a lot.

RED Cards for EVERYONE!

And here's my fifth MOC modular, just in time before BB and GB.

The Sandgren Villa sits at the end of my modular shelf, where I currently keep the Imperial Flagship. Thus it was natural to design a harbour building, and what's more typical than a lighthouse?

There's not a lot of story or interiors to this one. I just wanted to build a big sand green house and use a non-standard baseplate.

I've basically run out of space now, although I can remove enough to fit the two new sets. After that I'll have to start prioritizing again... I definitely can't add any more shelves at this point.

The Sandgren Villa by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

More pictures and stuff here

The Sandgren Villa sits at the end of my modular shelf, where I currently keep the Imperial Flagship. Thus it was natural to design a harbour building, and what's more typical than a lighthouse?

There's not a lot of story or interiors to this one. I just wanted to build a big sand green house and use a non-standard baseplate.

I've basically run out of space now, although I can remove enough to fit the two new sets. After that I'll have to start prioritizing again... I definitely can't add any more shelves at this point.

Oh, that is so nice looking in that one pic. After work I will look at he full Flickr. But that is so sweet looking and unique.

Ryuuroden

It looks great. Someday I will get back to building custom modular moc's of city type buildings. I plan on going steampunk/diesel/victorian when I do with a mix of other fantasy.

ghostmind

I love the colors on this - and the shark mounted on the wall!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave is the VIP early release, starting February 17th.
Any set details or minifig spoilers?

With the Dawn of Justice sets it's great they're doing old-school Batman media this year too. And the Mighty Micro figs too. Good variety.

Amazon delivery this morning.

JXMqC5f.jpg

lDqHGkv.jpg

I'll be honest - bought this set for the armored Batfleck and glowing eyes. :p

ghostmind

Any set details or minifig spoilers?

With the Dawn of Justice sets it's great they're doing old-school Batman media this year too. And the Mighty Micro figs too. Good variety.

Apparently the Mr. Freeze that I posted earlier is a separate polybag, and is likely a promo for purchasing the set for a limited time.

That's beautiful, siegfried. Medusa and the Vision blend in well. I like the flowered trellis over the front door. Nice use of the Moria stickered pieces too.

valkyre

Just finished building Kylo Ren's Shuttle. What a beast! I didn't really like it before seeing the film, but after I needed this set.

Loved the built too. The body has a great shaping and lots of cool details, the wings are robust and that wing folding mechanism is awesome. I too, a break between the two wings though, so repetition didn't set in. One hard bit was a connection within the wings. You had to push four red technic joints trough two bricks and it just didn't budge. Had to remove some plate pieces to have more wiggle room to get it done. Fingers are still sore...

And then there is the issue of the straight wings not going outwards in flight mode, but I don't care too much. The designer didn't know, and he did a tremendous job with the rest of the ship.

(And great figures too! Though I would've loved to get one stormtrooper extra in stead of the extra crewmember. And Hux would've been nicer with a cloth coat)

Its a great build indeed, although it is very easy to make the wings adjustable so that they resemble the ship in flying wing position( V ) as seen in the movie. There are lots of tutorials, you dont even need extra parts. It is sad that Lego didnt incorporate this in the first place, but what can you do.

So far I have 4 sets from the Force Awakens line, Millenium Falcon, Rey's Speeder, Kylo Ren ship and Poe's X Wing. My next one should be the Tie fighter.

But man these sets are ridiculously expensive, especially for us in Europe... I hear the us prices and i am kinda jealous...

Impulsor

TOmorrow I'll go pick up my Helicarrier, and I just ordered from the store the Hulkbuster Smash set and the Hydra Showdon so I can get the main 5 Avengers Assembeled and put them in the awesome stand that the Helicarrier includes.

Now that is a lighthouse! I like the little pier next to the light house. Build it in Sand Green and they will come. Can't help but notice the sand green minifigs.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Aww yeah! Got myself a nice Lego haul!

The two Nexo Knights sets were what I planned on purchasing. The tiger polybag was $4 for 73 pieces and it's a cute thing, so I figured why not. And the Rescue Reinforcements set was a super impulse buy. I saw it sitting behind the cash register in a bin (it must've been returned) and I asked the cashier how much it was and it was $41. I just couldn't resist that $0.04-ish price-per-piece value.

And then on top of that, I have Jester's Evil Mobile on order from Target!

That is absolutely gorgeous.

76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave is the VIP early release, starting February 17th.

Woohoo! I'm so excited for this set.

Ryuuroden

Oh man, I keep forgetting that I still need to get the Blue Power Jet. It's awesome and in a great dark blue color. I missed out on the last jet which was partially designed by Jaimie Berard.

Blue Power jet was clearanced 20 dollars off at Walmart. I just picked it up there the other day.

Ponn

Banned

That is beautiful. I'm really digging your modular moc's and would buy them if they were made. I love the seaside theme on this one. It just needs a Cthullu crawling out from the side.

Holy Shit Batman!! Welp, Ghostbusters HQ is getting pushed further as a purchase again.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh yeah, and when that Nexo Knights Fortrex hits $80, I am all over that.
I love it, but it just isn't worth $100 to me.

wetwired

I put together the Stick-E-Mart yesterday, I'm not as disappointed with it as I was with the Simpsons house. It's still a bit cramped in places, areas where you can't open fridge doors because of shelving etc. But it's got a lot of nice little details. When I began I was OK with the stickers but after fucking up and having to reapply (never a good thing) 3 I got the shits with it.

Worth grabbing if you can get it discounted (I got mine $60 off) just for the good collection of parts, lots of nice yellow. Though I can't remember if it's normal yellow or Wall-E yellow?

Ryuuroden

q1_240x289.png

I think these are the pick a build model sets for first quarter. I'll be getting a bunch of that DBG and LBG 1x2's I bet the ears are also 1x2's and not 1x4's unfortunately, like it looks it is.

Once a black version of Kylo Ren's Shuttle is released, I'll be all over it. I don't necessarily care that the current one isn't movie accurate, I just think all black looks way more badass.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Propeller-Plane-31047?fromListing=listing

Thank you, gonna have to keep an eye on this set. I have to get through my backlog but when I do, this is gonna be a set I grab, it looks great for the price they are asking.

TheFuzz

I'm not usually big on polybags, but I grabbed the Poe's X-Wing poly. Nice build, but I had to mod the S-foils to lie flat on the same plane. Pics below. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

pWsGVvZ.jpg

OOl2gCW.jpg

I also replaced the lower/forward s-foil pieces that were 4-stud angled tiles with 3-stud tiles. Looks way better.

iosefe

i just melded 2015 and 2016 Lewa to give the new one a Gearbox and some of the 2015 aesthetics. pictures to come soon

i might try to add both the gearbox and the unity ability, but is might be very difficult without also changin Uxar

Wil348

I need a bit of advice.

I had Poe's X-Wing ordered for me on the 26th from S@H as a birthday gift, and at the time it said that it was out of stock until the 11th. Okay, no problems, and it appeared that I still qualified for C-3PO. But I checked again today and it now says that the expected shipping date is the 9th of February, roughly a month after the expected shipping date when it was first ordered.

Now I'm actually confused as to what this means, and I'm not sure what I should do. Will my copy still ship on the 11th because I ordered when it said that, or has it been pushed back further? If the latter, should I cancel and purchase it from TRU? Also, if I keep my order with S@H, will they still honour the 3PO promotion or will it be too far out?

But still, I also managed to order the Falcon, Takodana and the First Order BP and they're arriving during the week so I'm not terribly bothered, just a bit confused as to what I'm supposed to do now.

ghostmind

Marvel Super Heroes 2016 2H set info (via j2g):

76057 Web Warriors Bridge Duel ($100)
76058 Ghost Rider Team-Up ($25)
76059 Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap ($60)
76067 Captain America: Civil War set #4 (name TBA)

*prices are estimated

And I've heard that there will be at least one Doctor Strange set for the fall/winter.

Ponn

Banned
If the Web Warriors set includes Spider-Verse characters... wallopin' websnappers!

Well, we've already gotten Miles Morales and Iron Spidey. Though it wouldn't surprise me for them to throw one or both of them in another set there are some i'd still like to see. With Spider-Gwen's popularity it seems like this would be a number one choice for a new fig, which i'd be fine with. Don't know about Silk, would absolutely go ham for a Spider-Ham fig.

edit: What else are we expecting from Toyfair NY? I'm supposing these will be there but is there anything we have yet to see or will there be anything there thats a complete surprise? If Batcave is mid Feb. VIP they will have to show that by the end of this month. I'm kind of hoping for some unannounced BatvsSupes sets. I'm also wondering if they would show off future Dimensions plans there or keep that exclusive to video game shows. Hoping we something totally new and a surprise like Monster Fighters revival.

Ryuuroden

I am hoping the Cybermen torso's and legs and other parts show up on bricks and pieces at some point and I see them in time to order a couple to make a little army. I did order 2 off amazon but would like a few more and if it cost around 3-5 dollars to piece it all together, that would be more than worth it.

I'm leaning towards skipping the GB HQ entirely. For the price, I am disappointed at how basic the overall package seems. It's a large build with tons of popular culture credit, but I'm not feeling the interior at all and the outside does not look like a fun build. The latest modulars all have tons more personality.

Maybe I'll change my mind later, but at this point I feel like I could put the money towards other expensive sets that draw me in more and look like more rewarding builds. It would be a nice display, but for $350 I want more than that.

ghostmind

DC Super Heroes 2H 2016 sets:

76054 Scarecrow: Fearful Harvest ($70)
76055 Killer Croc: Havoc in the Sewer ($90)

10724 LEGO Juniors Batman and Superman vs. Lex Luthor ($20)

*prices are approximate

*prices are approximate

Nice! Hope those turn out well.

Bats vs. Supes possible spoiler:
A Mattel action figure set has shown Lex in Power Armor, so this Juniors set might be the same thing.

Maengun1

Once a black version of Kylo Ren's Shuttle is released, I'll be all over it. I don't necessarily care that the current one isn't movie accurate, I just think all black looks way more badass.

Yeah same here. I loved the character and the ship in the movie, but the color being off and the wings not folding out in the model does bother me. I know people have been customizing it themselves, but I'm lazy and just not really into MOCing lol.

I've complained in the past about Star Wars sets being redone over and over forever while other themes I find more interesting come and go in less than a year's time, but this is one case where I'm happy to know there's probably gonna be an improved version of this set in 2017 with the next film.

IHaveIce

Banned

*prices are approximate
A 90$ killer croc set?? Either there are a lot more interesting figures included or there is a good build included.

IHaveIce

Banned
Marvel Super Heroes 2016 2H set info (via j2g):

76057 Web Warriors Bridge Duel ($100)
76058 Ghost Rider Team-Up ($25)
76059 Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap ($60)
76067 Captain America: Civil War set #4 (name TBA)

*prices are estimated

And I've heard that there will be at least one Doctor Strange set for the fall/winter.
3 sets(4 if Doc Strange is true) sound good.

But why another Doc Ock set... there are so many great iconic spider-man villians. We don't need Ock all 2 years.

TheFuzz

A 90$ killer croc set?? Either there are a lot more interesting figures included or there is a good build included.

Classic Batcave early VIP next month and now this? Awesome news for me, huge Batman collector.

Any GAF opinions on the new Batwing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom