• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Updated Star Wars 2H 2016 info:

75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced & A-Wing $110
75151 Clone Trubo Tank $140
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE $140

Pretty cool, although it's kind of strange they paired Vader's TIE Advanced with an A-Wing. Since neither one was in the same episode together, but perhaps it's a cheaper build then a Y-Wing or X-Wing.

teeny

Pretty cool, although it's kind of strange they paired Vader's TIE Advanced with an A-Wing. Since neither one was in the same episode together, but perhaps it's a cheaper build then a Y-Wing or X-Wing.

I believe it may be based on a Rebels season 2 episode, the A-Wing is rumoured to be based on the McQuarrie concept art. It will have a blue and white colour scheme with hints of red and orange.

Lava minifigs look good, but I cannot stand the theme they come in.

Looks like my Utra Agents may need to head off an evil volcanic incursion in my Lego City this summer!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just built Infernox captures the Queen! Great set. I'm really glad I got King's Mech and Infernox.

Lava minifigs look good, but I cannot stand the theme they come in.

Looks like my Utra Agents may need to head off an evil volcanic incursion in my Lego City this summer!
Ya, I really want the minifigs, big fig builds, and the books, but I could live without the sets themselves. Jestro's set is a good buy though, and I'll probably get the ultimate Lavaria. Hope they do a troop builder with some random lava guys.

Ya, I really want the minifigs, big fig builds, and the books, but I could live without the sets themselves. Jestro's set is a good buy though, and I'll probably get the ultimate Lavaria. Hope they do a troop builder with some random lava guys.

They look like World of WarCraft bosses. That's a compliment!

41130 Amusement Park Roller Coaster $100

OH SHIT

nAGLFQM.png

Flama

YOOOOO this guy is AWESOME!! I don't recall seeing him in any of the sets at work though!?! Is he a Wave 2 baddie?

The laundromat in the latest modular has a neon sign (printed). That would place the building around the 1950's, right? The clerk upstairs is using a typewriter too.

Again, there is no defined date for the modular line. Stop looking for one.

As for Belle's castle - yay, Belle! I'm 99% certain that Disney Princess will never give us a non-minidoll character, especially one as beastly as, well, Beast (my interest in the Frozen sled set tumbled after seeing Kristoff so neutered), but considering that there's a set of beast legs available, I'm also 99% certain that we'll see a Beast minifig in the CMF line. Lego is all about reusing stuff. You think it's a coincidence that City is getting a vulcano theme just when Nexo Knight turns up with a cast (and tons of new parts) made out of trans-orange lava stuff?

Speaking of which, that flame guy is awesome. Exactly what I need for my city to fight the TLM firetruck mech.

Edit: Also, a bunch of character starting having crossbows right when they were making a new Chewbacca...

I found Rey's Speeder at Barnes and Noble for regular retail price. I picked it up to put together while I wait for my GB Firehouse and Brick Bank to arrive.

Ponn

Banned
It's from the second season opener for Star Wars: Rebels.

Wasn't there a rumor of an adult Rebels Ahsoka fig? I'm betting this is the set.

And it looks like the Winter set this year is called Holiday Destinations, I wonder what that could be. Disney World? A movie theater? Liquor store?

ghostmind

Wasn't there a rumor of an adult Rebels Ahsoka fig? I'm betting this is the set.

And it looks like the Winter set this year is called Holiday Destinations, I wonder what that could be. Disney World? A movie theater? Liquor store?

Holiday Destinations is a Creator set, but not the next Winter Village entry.

Seeing as it's a 3-in-1, I am really curious how this is going to work.

3N16MA

Banned
Probably should have picked up another AT-AT when WM was clearing them out. I do have a couple Snowspeeders (75049) which were nearly half off.

Vader's TIE Advanced $99 USD back in 2006 and over 1200 pieces. Not this time around.

Wanderer5

Updated Star Wars 2H 2016 info:

75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced & A-Wing $110
75151 Clone Trubo Tank $140
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE $140

Ugh could have done without the pairing if it means that the price would have been possibly cheaper.T.T

I not a fan of the A-wing much either lol.

Marvel Super Heroes 2016 2H set info (via j2g):

76057 Web Warriors Bridge Duel ($100)
76058 Ghost Rider Team-Up ($25)
76059 Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap ($60)
76067 Captain America: Civil War set #4 (name TBA)

*prices are estimated

And I've heard that there will be at least one Doctor Strange set for the fall/winter.

Spider-Ham!

Curious on what version of Doc Ock will be used.

Well, we've already gotten Miles Morales and Iron Spidey. Though it wouldn't surprise me for them to throw one or both of them in another set there are some i'd still like to see. With Spider-Gwen's popularity it seems like this would be a number one choice for a new fig, which i'd be fine with. Don't know about Silk, would absolutely go ham for a Spider-Ham fig.

edit: What else are we expecting from Toyfair NY? I'm supposing these will be there but is there anything we have yet to see or will there be anything there thats a complete surprise? If Batcave is mid Feb. VIP they will have to show that by the end of this month. I'm kind of hoping for some unannounced BatvsSupes sets. I'm also wondering if they would show off future Dimensions plans there or keep that exclusive to video game shows. Hoping we something totally new and a surprise like Monster Fighters revival.

Female Spider-Man is a given IMO as LEGO is actively putting female minifigs in sets. Plus I want that version too. :)

I am hoping the Cybermen torso's and legs and other parts show up on bricks and pieces at some point and I see them in time to order a couple to make a little army. I did order 2 off amazon but would like a few more and if it cost around 3-5 dollars to piece it all together, that would be more than worth it.

Please let LEGOGAF know if that happens! I need a Cyberman army, but not enough to pay high prices ( > $5 a fig ).

Picked up Uniter Pohatu last night. Weird thing is I was very unhappy with it when building it but five min after I was done I really liked it. Never had such a flip of feels for a Lego set.

Wanderer5

I kind of wishing for a updated version of Vader's TIE Advanced heh.

Funny how that didn't take long lol. I wait and see how it turns out, but I hate to shell out $100+ on just his TIE if I not going to care much for the A-wing, even if it make sense in the context it likely based on in Rebels.

Again, there is no defined date for the modular line. Stop looking for one.

I couldn't agree more. Man, we are really on the same wavelength here. "Stop looking" with our eyes is a fantastic idea. Instead, it's time to start using our brains to get to the bottom of this mystery once and for all. Like, what year are the movie posters on the Palace Cinema imitating? Is the open top limo a crude rendition of a 1940's limo? The child star is a clue as well, since that was a thing in the 40's. Oh, and the toys in the Grand Emporium. There isn't a single "modern" toy in the bunch! Man, you've given me a lot to research and think about!

I'll continue to post about all the clues that are hidden away in each new modular as they're released. We'll crack this nut yet.

Went to Walmart to get Kings Mech. Finally found it, and what else do I see? Some more Raptor Escape. Thought about getting some to trade but stopped.

Expected ship date of Jan 11 on LEGO Shop @ Home for all EXCEPT Walmart Exclusive Raptor Escape. My guess is all inventory when to Walmart.

You can add to bag now too! Jump on it whoever wants them!

EDIT: Indominus Rex ship date is later than 1/11.

EDIT 2: Ooops. Region was UK for above screenshot for some reason. This is US region:

LEGO keeping up the pace... it's definitely a double-edged sword. I only have so much space (and money!)

Will 2016 top 2015?

Brickset's database of LEGO sets released per year. (2016 obviously a WIP)

I feel you on the pace on new stuff LEGO puts out on stuff I want. It's killing me.

Nexo Knights is sucking me in and Ninjago isn't letting up.

I hope a LOT of those are CMFs, duplicate CMFs, Mixels, etc. If not, you must have 2 rooms dedicated to your LEGO.

Volcano research base after prison island?

I never thought there'd be a year where I'd be this interested in lego city sets

Also I'm super excited to see the 2h super hero sets.

Also the nexo knights villains really are great..

Tendo

Volcano research base after prison island?

I never thought there'd be a year where I'd be this interested in lego city sets

Also I'm super excited to see the 2h super hero sets.

Also the nexo knights villains really are great..

Having just finished building all my Arctic sets I'm super excited for this!

Having just finished building all my Arctic sets I'm super excited for this!

I was able to resist the arctic sets. I only have one tiny divers set for an octupus. But dangit a volcano will break me.

I'll have to MOC it to easily pull triple duty as Mount Doom, a mad scientist HQ, and something more vampyre castle compatible. Hmm.

Wait. Isn't there also a villain volcano base in the pipeline for Nexo knights? Why is 2016 the year of volcanos?

A visual guide to Nexo Knights - the villains:

STXYGNU.png
Jestro
8UN9sUj.png
The Book of Monsters
NK4NfWr.png
Sparkks

LfgsQbk.png
Burnzie
O5knztf.png
Globlins
XuY6h62.png
Scurriers

atSuDtg.png
Beast Master
G3h3EAe.png
LavariaUltimate form: http://i.imgur.com/Uthbzdz.jpg

xk2hoDw.png
Crust Smasher
aBW6RJe.png
Ash Attacker
WGRSABy.png
Flamethrower

nAGLFQM.png
Flama
d0jCcGr.png
Whiparella
dJ08Ix4.png
General Magmar

haKH2ZT.png

Moltor

You suck LEGO! I want those minifigs!

Wondering if LEGO will use that flame like on Flama for Ghost Rider or a new mould. New mould like the one below would be badass.

Indeed she is, as is General Magmar, Burnzie, and Whiparella.

Also, for 2017, there will be a new (non-fire-based) enemy for the Nexo Knights.

Makes sense. If they want this theme to be the next Ninjago I expect to see the Knights fighting a vast array of baddies, the lava people are just the first wave.

Can't wait for the Nega Knights wave where the bad guys are all evil Black Knight versions of the Nexo Knights. And hopefully a skeleton army since I missed out on that whole line of Ninjago sets and it doesn't look like they're ever bringing them back (unlike the shitty snakes that won't go away, ugh).

Jestro doesn't seem to be a rock/lava creature himself, I assume he's just controlling them with the Necronomicon. So with the Lego Book of the Dead in hand I could see him bringing along a huge variety of bad guys to do his bidding. I also would't put it past Lego to have bad guys defect and join the hero side.

Makes sense. If they want this theme to be the next Ninjago I expect to see the Knights fighting a vast array of baddies, the lava people are just the first wave.

Can't wait for the Nega Knights wave where the bad guys are all evil Black Knight versions of the Nexo Knights. And hopefully a skeleton army since I missed out on that whole line of Ninjago sets and it doesn't look like they're ever bringing them back (unlike the shitty snakes that won't go away, ugh).

Jestro doesn't seem to be a rock/lava creature himself, I assume he's just controlling them with the Necronomicon. So with the Lego Book of the Dead in hand I could see him bringing along a huge variety of bad guys to do his bidding. I also would't put it past Lego to have bad guys defect and join the hero side.

I can't handle two themes like Ninjago. Ugh. Bought Ultimate Clay for $10 to redeem my LEGO calendar coupon and get the freebie Nexo Knight freebie. Chose Clay because that set coimes with 4 flame wings. Ultimate Macy is next on my list.

My only hope is the bad guy minifigs aren't pricey in the aftermarket.

I watched the first two episodes which my kids liked. Feels very much like Ninjago as tech knights.

Jestro turns to the darkside with the help of the book. There is hope Jestro may turn to the light side again as Lord Garmadon did.

I was able to resist the arctic sets. I only have one tiny divers set for an octupus. But dangit a volcano will break me.

I'll have to MOC it to easily pull triple duty as Mount Doom, a mad scientist HQ, and something more vampyre castle compatible. Hmm.

Wait. Isn't there also a villain volcano base in the pipeline for Nexo knights? Why is 2016 the year of volcanos?

When you put it like that, it's like getting 3 sets for the price of one. You'd be crazy to pass on a deal like that!

Klaatu Barada Nikto
Like I said in my review of Jestro, it's a Lego Necronomicon. At least to me. :)

And I got the two Raptor Escapes from Walmart. Any USA Lego gaffers still hunting for the set? Let me know in here. Can arrange a trade or whatever for price I paid for the set ($30) + shipping costs. I must spread the love.

Like I said in my review of Jestro, it's a Lego Necronomicon. At least to me. :)

And I got the two Raptor Escapes from Walmart. Any USA Lego gaffers still hunting for the set? Let me know in here. Can arrange a trade or whatever for price I paid for the set ($30) + shipping costs. I must spread the love.

What are you looking for in trade bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom