• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Built the First Order troop transport last night. Amazing minifigs in the set. AndI forgot how strong those little middle launchers are... can get some good distance.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.
tumblr_my6ur2wNr41s2wio8o1_500.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Has anyone posted this Ninjago polybag from the upcoming wave yet? I kind of totally love it. I absolutely love all the uses of pirate-themed pieces.

I predict that this is going to be a second Ninjago wave I'll be getting quite a lot of.

TheFuzz

Has anyone posted this Ninjago polybag from the upcoming wave yet? I kind of totally love it. I absolutely love all the uses of pirate-themed pieces.

I predict that this is going to be a second Ninjago wave I'll be getting quite a lot of.

Very nice. Where was this?

Kipp

Very nice. Where was this?

To be clear, that's not my picture. There are some reviews on Youtube. Was browsing Just2Good's channel and saw a review for it, or else I'd have no clue it existed at all.

Ponn

Banned
Picked up a Ninjago Mech Dragon for $42. I'm not sure which is bigger now, my addiction for Lego mech builds or Lego dragons. I might make a shelf dedicated to dragons vs. mechs.

Kipp

That's a really nice polybag. I don't think I've seen that minifig cap before.

It's a recolor of the standard pirate cap from what I can tell.

Picked up a Ninjago Mech Dragon for $42. I'm not sure which is bigger now, my addiction for Lego mech builds or Lego dragons. I might make a shelf dedicated to dragons vs. mechs.

I picked it up on clearance almost exactly a year ago for $19. :D
Such a steal.
Did you get that Amazon Warehouse deal?

Kipp

Ponn

Banned
I picked it up on clearance almost exactly a year ago for $19. :D
Such a steal.
Did you get that Amazon Warehouse deal?

Yup. I've been keeping an eye on AWD for the last couple days. They must have gotten a huge shipment of Lego sets this week because they exploded from barely 3 pages of deals to hovering between 6 to 7 pages. It doesn't do any good to post most great deals on here because they are usually gone by the time you refresh the page. I saw two Tower Bridge sets, a Sydney Opera House, an Ewok Village, a Death Star for $450 (which was gone by this morning) and they got a bunch of TFA sets they have been marking up like crazy.

Oh I also picked up the Final Flight of Destiny's bounty. I just like the Lego Ships alot and i've been wanting to do an airship moc and thought I could get some good ideas for builds from that set.

And think, Nexo Knights has a mech. :)

You betcha. I was eyeing that set and the Infernox set for a Jan 1st order.

3N16MA

Banned
Built Rey's Speeder with my niece (90% of her actually building and me playing with the minifigs). Nice little set.

Kipp

Was just looking at my Pirates sets again. I've only built the two smallest sets from that theme so far and I still absolutely love them. They just have so much charisma.

Yup. I've been keeping an eye on AWD for the last couple days. They must have gotten a huge shipment of Lego sets this week because they exploded from barely 3 pages of deals to hovering between 6 to 7 pages. It doesn't do any good to post most great deals on here because they are usually gone by the time you refresh the page. I saw two Tower Bridge sets, a Sydney Opera House, an Ewok Village, a Death Star for $450 (which was gone by this morning) and they got a bunch of TFA sets they have been marking up like crazy.

Oh I also picked up the Final Flight of Destiny's bounty. I just like the Lego Ships alot and i've been wanting to do an airship moc and thought I could get some good ideas for builds from that set.

Haha. I have too. Ever since it was mentioned 5 days ago or so, I've been refreshing it all day every day. I'm guessing the giant influx is from people buying Christmas gifts and receiving damaged packages or something to do with Christmas.

So glad you picked up Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty, by the way! It's such an incredible set. I absolutely love it.
The dragon that comes with that set is super badass too, by the way. Partially due to the fact that it can stand on its hind legs. I ought to take a picture of mine when the lighting is better. I'm really happy with the pose.

TheFuzz

To be clear, that's not my picture. There are some reviews on Youtube. Was browsing Just2Good's channel and saw a review for it, or else I'd have no clue it existed at all.

Oh ok, my mistake. I'm not huge into Ninjago but the steampunk/pirate elements have peaked my interest, and this polybag looks fantastic.

Also, got my $57 eBay Quinjet 2.0 in today. Pretty excited to build this and add it to my Marvel shelf.

Osahi

JANG reviews the Stormtrooper buildable figure: http://youtu.be/ytpoVFs2gP8

and Kylo Ren: http://youtu.be/0WCl9dwnMyY

Lego seems to be really knocking it out of the park with these. I love the play features on them. Still don't really like constraction sets (doesn't feel like lego to me) but as a star wars fan and as they are cheap(ish) I might grab Kylo, Phasma and Rey...

Rey is the only one not on s@h at the moment btw. Hope she is 20 in stead of thirty euro. Also, the overpricing of all things Star Wars continues. Troop transpor at 80? The battle @ set at 70? Djeeez

Rootbeer

Banned
Rey is the only one not on s@h at the moment btw.

On the USA S@H she is $20.

I love all of the new TFA characters, but the humans don't translate very well to constraction, even though they did an amazing job on the head pieces.

I will probably pick up Kylo Ren and Phasma to go with my Vader. Most of my LEGO funds goes into minifigure scale sets. Gonna bite the bullet again on the Star Wars tax.

I'm hoping for some nice clearance deals on these SW Constraction sets, as we've seen plenty of great clearance deals on Bionicle (even the new 2015 sets have been hugely discounted a few times in my area.)

Nitemare1

For people who have built the the new falcon and the previous one. Just how different are they. Do I really need both. Especially with the rumour of a new UCS falcon on the way?

Osahi

On the USA S@H she is $20.

I love all of the new TFA characters, but the humans don't translate very well to constraction, even though they did an amazing job on the head pieces.

I will probably pick up Kylo Ren and Phasma to go with my Vader. Most of my LEGO funds goes into minifigure scale sets. Gonna bite the bullet again on the Star Wars tax.

I'm hoping for some nice clearance deals on these SW Constraction sets, as we've seen plenty of great clearance deals on Bionicle (even the new 2015 sets have been hugely discounted a few times in my area.)

Okay, she will be 20 here then, as the stormtrooper is 20 too on both. I find Rey the only human that translated well, especially due to the great head piece, but also due to her robes.

Is there any news on a double vip promotion in the near future? Wife and I decided to still keep buying the modulars, even though we just bought the appartment (which will make me stop buying big sets as often, though after having a lucky break at work the finances are looking way better then when I announced the return to the datk ages). But we will wait on double vip or another good promotion (like the 100 vip extra coupon in april)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my Christmas present from my mother! Getting Lego with 29 years old is strange but kind of awesome. ^_^
3LTxKM9h.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
It's only as strange as you make it.

Treat it as if you were a craftsman who just got a good set of tools as a present. It's no different in my eyes.

TheFuzz

Just got my Christmas present from my mother! Getting Lego with 29 years old is strange but kind of awesome. ^_^
3LTxKM9h.jpg

Yeah, you must be new here.

A very large segment of Lego's audience are adults, and even the non-Lego adults I know recognize that. Things are different than when you were younger.

TheFuzz

I'd likely wager that Poe's X-Wing brought more people back into Lego than any set they've ever made. This thread alone is full of people who are "back" after getting the set and I've seen tons of people who aren't really fans picking it up. Lego struck gold with a set that is priced right and released at the right time to the right audience.

boltz

After watching Jang's review of the Brick Bank, it's not really calling out to me anymore. Namely because the exterior is a bit dull looking to me. The detective's office has more color and variation in its exterior that makes it more much lively/fun looking.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you must be new here.

A very large segment of Lego's audience are adults, and even the non-Lego adults I know recognize that. Things are different than when you were younger.
Oh I know that :D I have been flirting with the Lego Star Wars stuff for a long time and I'm happy that I got one ^.^

And thanks for the nice welcome everyone ^__^

Picked up the F40 set with a gift card the other day. Store was out of Red Fives. I'm going to guess that set is going to get hard to find soon and I better jump on it while I can.

Fun as hell build with the Ferrari, lots of neat tricks to get it as smooth as they did and the final product is really great. Building it while listening to Magical Sound Shower sure helped, too.

kitzkozan

3LTxKM9h.jpg

It's a nice little set for your re-introduction into the Lego world. :] I recently got the First Order TIE fighter for $40 CAD at Costco (they also had Rey's speeder for $10). These are awesome price for sets based on a movie that's currently destroying the box-office. They might have a couple left in some stores, but they were selling fast on Tuesday.

It's great to finally have iconic SW vehicles such as the X-Wing (Poe's) and TIE (along with an A & B wing, AT-AT and Snow speeder). I might eventually purchase the original X-Wing and the Y-wing along with Vader's fighter.

TheFuzz

Oh I know that :D I have been flirting with the Lego Star Wars stuff for a long time and I'm happy that I got one ^.^

And thanks for the nice welcome everyone ^__^

Pardon me if it sounded rude, wasn't meant that way at all. Welcome!

You're in a a lot of trouble!

Eklipsis

Had our first of many Christmas parties this morning and my son got some Lego...I'm jealous but he said I can help him build yay

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

really love it. all the little details like that you can open the sides with a twist of the engine.

first I thought I made a mistake after I had so many pieces left, but lego puts some double in it..which is really nice of them ^_^

Kipp

Almost done building Soldier's Fort from the Pirates theme. It's just pure joy. Also, so many minifigures!
I love this theme.

Also, as promised, here's a photo of the super cool smallish dragon from Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty:

I also set up my Lone Ranger train around my TV (there wasn't enough room on the shelf with the other Lone Ranger sets) and I'm really happy with how it looks:

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Final Day of the LEGO Star Wars Advent. Little disappointed. The exclusive figure is just C-3PO with what looks to be a stock Santa torso. Compared to the nice custom Vader Santa torso and legs, it's just a bit meh.

Same with R2, just tossed some antlers on him.

Hope next year's sees some Force Awakens stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom