• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxp

Just finalized my post-Christmas LEGO order:

75912 Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75911 McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop
21116 Crafting Box
70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile
70314 Beast Master's Chaos Chariot
75112 General Grievous
75109 Obi-Wan Kenobi
75110 Luke Skywalker
10242 Mini Cooper MK VII
21303 WALL•E
75903 Haunted Lighthouse
75902 The Mystery Machine
75105 Millennium Falcon
60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel
10247 Ferris Wheel
70751 Temple of Airjitzu
31044 Park Animals
40158 Pirates Chess Set

And it all started with 5766 Log Cabin four years ago for my litle son :(

Just finalized my post-Christmas LEGO order:

75912 Porsche 911 GT Finish Line
75911 McLaren Mercedes Pit Stop
21116 Crafting Box
70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile
70314 Beast Master's Chaos Chariot
75112 General Grievous
75109 Obi-Wan Kenobi
75110 Luke Skywalker
10242 Mini Cooper MK VII
21303 WALL•E
75903 Haunted Lighthouse
75902 The Mystery Machine
75105 Millennium Falcon
60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel
10247 Ferris Wheel
70751 Temple of Airjitzu
31044 Park Animals
40158 Pirates Chess Set

And it all started with 5766 Log Cabin four years ago for my litle son :(

No Brick Bank? For shame!

And that is a beastly order. Dat Temple.

Fxp

No Brick Bank? For shame!

And that is a beastly order. Dat Temple.

I'm saving Brick Bank for later, just bought Palace Cinema and Detective's Office this autumn.
Dat Temple purchase was based solely on your impressions + I have soft spot for complex LEGO buildings :)

teeny

Merry Christmas LEGO GAF! Hope you're all having a great holiday.

The other half got me Dimensions along with the Portal and Who packs, so I am about to firmly go down that rabbit hole!

Merry Xmas LegoGAF!

I hope you all get lots of Lego goodies.

I ended up with the Ferris Wheel and the 60118 Garbage Truck for the Lego town. I couldn't find that set locally to save my life for some reason. I also got a few board game goodies and video games, so I am currently torn on what to break into first.

I have several gift certificates, so I may get the Avengjet if I see it around. I want those minifigs! I think I may wait on the bank for now. I've spent a lot of money on toys and games over the past 2 months. Also, I still need the Spiderman/Sandman/Rhino set. That needs to go on sale, pronto.

T.O.P

Banned
Just finished it! Looks so damn good :DDD (it's a bitch to take photo with the wings open tho)

img_075322rqfi.jpg

12vypn2.jpg

img_07692h7rka.jpg

img_07562a6jcd.jpg

And then this happened :|

whyyyeax3l.png

gg Lego, ya got me

So for CITY we've had Swamp Police, Arctic, and now Deep Sea Exploration subthemes... Anyone know what the next one will be?

I somehow enjoy these a LOT more than regular CITY, currently having a blast with Arctic Base Camp :)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It was a sad LEGO xmas at my house. Had a list of 17 sets, didn't get one :( Now I have to buy them all myself over the next few months. This is gonna bankrupt me, haha.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Merry Christmas, friends!

Got the snow plow, Lego Movie garbage truck, and Pirates Treasure Island set for Christmas, so I've got a few fun builds ahead of me!

Wanderer5

Merry Christmas all! I had a hint dropped that I might be getting the first order TIE fighter.XD

Also are those TFA lego action figures or whatever they are call coming out this upcoming month? Wanna check out dat Phasma.

Thanks guys; now I just have to decide between the Parisian Restaurant or the Brick Bank.

Parisian. That is an easy choice. For one, Parisian is so damn good that I have a hard time believing that Brick Bank will surpass it. Come close, yes. Surpass, no.

Second, Parisian Restaurant is hitting two years old now, so it is entering the "will it or won't it go away" time of its life.

Toxi

Banned
Got two old sets today, the TIE Defender and HH-87 Starhopper. The Defender is a flimsy thing, but I really love the rotating cockpit and the ship's general design; I feel like a new TIE Defender set based on the new TIE Fighter cockpit would be way better. Maybe I can take apart my Defender and my TIE Prototype and build something along those lines.

The HH-87 is an odd duck and I hate the Clone Wars minifigure style, but I do like Cad Bane since his design is basically the same as it would be with a more normal LEGO style. The HH-87's design might not be too appealing at first, but it's growing on me and I like the way you can drop the speeder bike from the ship.

Ryuuroden

So for CITY we've had Swamp Police, Arctic, and now Deep Sea Exploration subthemes... Anyone know what the next one will be?

I somehow enjoy these a LOT more than regular CITY, currently having a blast with Arctic Base Camp :)

Volcanic exploration and journey to the center of the earth subthemes.

I wish

Edit: and then I scroll down and wooooot!

Aww yesss. Just snagged a damaged box Detective's Office off AWD for $131. Now I'm caught up on currently released modulars until Brick Bank releases shortly.

Fun couple of days ahead for me and the boy with the following to build:

Deep sea set (with the shipwreck)
Scooby mansion
Scooby lighthouse
Wall-e
Utility shuttle
Silver mine shootout

Also got 4 megabloks sets, 3 spongebob and a jeep one.

ghostmind

There is also rumour of a volcano base for Nexo Knights this summer. Hopefully they can approach the quality of the Agents Volcano Base (wish I had been around for that one):

t8D3TtQ.jpg

There is also rumour of a volcano base for Nexo Knights this summer. Hopefully they can approach the quality of the Agents Volcano Base (wish I had been around for that one):

t8D3TtQ.jpg

I was totally around for that one, but then never opened it, and ended up selling it for $300ish last year. I had great plans for modifications to it, too.

Ponn

Banned
Oh man i'm going to end up getting some of those mighty micros. I love the comic style white eyes and i'm going to need that Flash fig with the smirk and can of power bolt. When do the next wave of Mixels come out?

Was lazy today drinking egg nog, eating christmas cookies and just playing Dimensions all day. Got Jurassic Park team pack and Emmet fun pack for christmas. The buildable raptor in the Jurassic pack is actually a pretty cool mini build. I vow to start into my backlog pile tomorrow though. I'm either going to go for Tumbler, Palace Cinema or Millennium Falcon.

So, for quite a few years now, my brother and I (34 and 27 YO, respectively) have had a tradition of getting each other Lego sets (small-ish) every Christmas. This year, he escalated the game. My 'big gift' this go-round ended up being the UCS Slave I. Needless to say, I am over the moon (got him the action figure-esque Darth Vader this year). He is a huge comic fan so maybe I'm honor bound to get him the Helicarrier/Tumbler next year.

Anyways, now to figure out where I can put this thing in my apartment...

So, for quite a few years now, my brother and I (34 and 27 YO, respectively) have had a tradition of getting each other Lego sets (small-ish) every Christmas. This year, he escalated the game. My 'big gift' this go-round ended up being the UCS Slave I. Needless to say, I am over the moon (got him the action figure-esque Darth Vader this year). He is a huge comic fan so maybe I'm honor bound to get him the Helicarrier/Tumbler next year.

Anyways, now to figure out where I can put this thing in my apartment...
Well, Tumbler ain't long for this world. Helicarrier maybe has a year.

As for Slave 1, it has a small footprint. If you have decent sized speakers, it fits very well on top of one.

As for his gift, perhaps the rumored 60s Batcave
Surprised at some of those Architecture sets going.

Wanderer5

Well finished the First Order TIE Fighter. Bit of a repetitive build, but expected such and still enjoyed building what looks like a pretty sweet set at first impression. I get some pics going tomorrow.

Just_one

merry x-mas everyone!!

excellent x-mas in terms of lego , got Wall-E and the Palace Cinema modular :D

just built Wall-E yesterday and it looks extremely beautiful.

Cant wait to build the cinema maybe this afternoon :)

its gonna feel really good when i connect the cinema to the parisian restaurant :D :D

Only missing the pet shop and detective´s office (and the brick bank when its released) now :D

Nitemare1

t8D3TtQ.jpg

Scrolling down and just catching the top left corner of the image I thought this was a new Avengers set. lol.

Love the propellers on the aircraft.

Osahi

Got a 5 euro savings card from my mum for the toy store. She got it when buying presents for new years and sinterklaas. She'll probably get another one because she still hasnto buy two games for my cousins.

So yeah, hopefully i can get Reys constraction next week for 15 or even 10 euros!

ruxtpin

Banned
Noticed a lot of sale items at S@H are sold out but not listed as retiring soon. Stuff like the Arctic Icebreaker, the Mincraft Mine... Are these gone for good or just a temp sold out?

I hope all of LEGO GAF had an excellent Christmas. My wife gave me the Creator Ferrari kit. It's the first new set I've had since February. Looking forward to starting in it this afternoon.

And, dang, Nexo Knights look awesome. But I'll stay strong and stick to creator sets and modulars.

Tendo

I planned to stick with just star wars and some creator sets but nexo knights have pulled me in. Wish my target had more than clay's rumbler and the library the other day. Maybe some more snuck onto the shelves today... Hmmm...

I planned to stick with just star wars and some creator sets but nexo knights have pulled me in. Wish my target had more than clay's rumbler and the library the other day. Maybe some more snuck onto the shelves today... Hmmm...

Just so you know Star Wars is a never ending theme. :)

My main themes were Super Heroes and Star Wars OT when I started. I eventually got sucked in by the "LEGO System" theme.

Tendo

Just so you know Star Wars is a never ending theme. :)

My main themes were Super Heroes and Star Wars OT when I started. I eventually got sucked in by the "LEGO System" theme.

Oh I know, which is why I'm trying to limit my themes Only so many hours in a day and dollars in the wallet.

The arctic series sucked me in, so I'm hoping for a similar city sub theme this year.

There's another 'Inside Lego' documentary on Channel 4 in the UK right now. Probably not hugely insightful to people with this level of fandom, but fun. Difficulty with meaningful access as ever with Lego, but it's quite fun. Christmas theme to this one.

Avengjet acquired. It was $30 thanks to gift cards, which is the most I was willing to pay for the set.

Pretty happy to have gotten the last one on the shelf.

Ponn

Banned
There's another 'Inside Lego' documentary on Channel 4 in the UK right now. Probably not hugely insightful to people with this level of fandom, but fun. Difficulty with meaningful access as ever with Lego, but it's quite fun. Christmas theme to this one.

I was too drunk to post last night but they are playing this on the Nat Geo Channel here in the US as well. I DVRed it knowing I wouldn't be able to watch it last night.

Freaking hell, putting the Palace Cinema together and I wasted a good two hours putting this damn stupid car together. The red baseplate certainly is unique though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom