• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

Started with the new TIE Fighter set.
Then I got the new X-wing.
Then I got the First Order Troop Transport
And now I just bought the new Millennium Falcon.

I need help

Jacknicholsonnodding.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, Syndrome? Was he on that leaked list!?

I didn't think so, but that's no one else. It can't be anyone but Syndrome.

They gotta do two Disney series. Or sets. You can't do the villain to Incredibles without including the family... and I don't wanna wait until 2020 for the possibility of Incredibles 2 sets.

My wife found these 2 sets for 1/2 off at Target. Less than $10 for both! That octopus will come in handy for any future Hydra moc I may or may not be planning...

E3F8BE3C-8FE8-4FDF-9D80-94D0E079F09D.jpg

teeny

Does anyone know if US Lego Dimensions expansion packs work on a UK game/portal? My sister will be in the States at some point and the deals there are much much better than over here :p

Playing through the Doctor Who pack at the moment and it is incredible. Watched the Christmas special immediately after, too, and am going to start the Tardis set tomorrow.

shas'la

Hey gents, first time poster in this thread!

there is a Lego architecture set out on the 1st Jan on the website (New York skyline), and in your experience does that also mean it'll be available in store on the same day?

TheFuzz

there is a Lego architecture set out on the 1st Jan on the website (New York skyline), and in your experience does that also mean it'll be available in store on the same day?

Usually, yes. Lego is pretty reliable when it comes to release dates and their in-store stock. At least where I am (Atlanta), they are.

ghostmind

Whoa whoa whoa, Syndrome? Was he on that leaked list!?

They gotta do two Disney series. Or sets. You can't do the villain to Incredibles without including the family... and I don't wanna wait until 2020 for the possibility of Incredibles 2 sets.

The leaked list was bogus, so anything is possible.

Given the newly-discovered hairpiece molds, here is the latest list:

1. Captain Hook
2. Genie
3. Mr. Incredible
4. Sydrome
5. Peter Pan
6. Ursula

robochimp

We had our first LEGO error in probably 45,000 pieces. Wu's Dragon, we were missing Cole's head and had an extra light gray small rocket booster(?) piece.

They will be in stores. Barnes and Noble stores will have them that day as well in case you don't have a LEGO store nearby.

Space Avengers set finished. I'll go out on a limb and suggest this won't make anyone's top 10 for 2016. It had it's moments, but overall it was pretty bland. The minifigs are great, with a special shout out to a new cape style on Hyperion (it's kind of over the shoulder). Color-wise, I felt like I was building the Transformer Jetfire, which was cool. The ship itself is very blocky and bulky. It doesn't really go well with anything else in the Marvel line. Thanos has some pretty silly rocket boots, which is still better than Darkseid's lame sled thing from the DC set. Trying to shoe horn these big figs into some sort of vehicle has not really worked well so far.

Anyway, pics!

829CA95E-94FD-4A13-89EB-7FF5340DC504.jpg

77294149-C4A1-4E1A-94B0-4D9C8A915A96.jpg

This is the first set where I didn't apply the stickers. Also, I had flashing on 4 different Lego parts, which is a bit disconcerting. Worse yet, I had a completely defective part, the first time I have ever had that in a Lego set. I had a few extras around, so no worries, but having all of these things in a single, newer set makes me wonder what kind of changes Lego have made along the lines and I will keep an extra eye on quality from here on out.

In the background, you can see my new minifig display racks holding some of my Iron Man suits. They hold 12 minifigs per row x 5 row for a total of 60. That is on the minifig plates. If you take the plates off, you can fit lots more. Here is the exact set I ordered. 2 for $14.99. I may order 2 more later. They're perfect really.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UO7S19Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

gerg

1. Captain Hook
2. Genie
3. Mr. Incredible
4. Sydrome
5. Peter Pan
6. Ursula

The Incredibles would also fit in with the IPs that Disney is pushing with its Infinity video game, no?

Thanos has some pretty silly rocket boots, which is still better than Darkseid's lame sled thing from the DC set. Trying to shoe horn these big figs into some sort of vehicle has not really worked well so far.

Thanos looks amazing. This version really translates well into bigfig scale. The Hyperion (I don't know who this is) & Captain Marvel figs are equally well done. Almost picked it up last week, but will likely wait a few months. I'd like to build my backlog and grab the Bank & GBHQ before buying too many more small sets.

I love the dumb Iron Man sets. I hadn't seen "Robin Ironman" before. So dumb, so great.

Rootbeer

Banned

I'm starting to get worried we won't get Mickey or any of those classic characters :(

Leaks are pointing towards a feature film only theme.

Very excited to get both Hyperion and Captain Marvel in a set. Now I need to put Hyperion and Thor together and have them bro out everywhere.

Wanderer5

Went out to Barnes and Noble and Target tonight, and stop by the lego shelves. Saw some Nexo Knight sets, through just small stuff, but I guess the new TFA action figures aren't out and about, least around here that is.

I saw the mini First Order TIE Fighter through, and thought screw it.XD Also saw the Advanced Prototype, which look neat, but I rather not look into it more.:p

Went out to Barnes and Noble and Target tonight, and stop by the lego shelves. Saw some Nexo Knight sets, through just small stuff, but I guess the new TFA action figures aren't out and about, least around here that is.

I saw the mini First Order TIE Fighter through, and thought screw it.XD Also saw the Advanced Prototype, which look neat, but I rather not look into it more.:p

Barnes and Noble should be getting the new Constraction figures this week, so keep your eyes peeled.

Tendo

I see barnes and noble has almost all the nexo knight sets up for sale right now so I'll probably order from them.

What is the deal with the ultimate figures? 10 bucks for a mini fig?

Ponn

Banned
Finished Palace Cinema. The coolest part of the build is definitely bag 3. Lots of interesting builds with the roof and of course the sign. Overall it was pretty fun and looks good on display. I don't think its a bad set, I just think the other modulars people like are just that much better.

So someone mentioned double vip in feb. Is that confirmed or just based on history? If so that makes it easier to wait on Ghostbusters HQ till Feb. I haven't been feeling it on the Avenjet since it was unveiled. The figs are top notch, just the set feels so meh. I do want those printed hover/fan pieces though.

I see barnes and noble has almost all the nexo knight sets up for sale right now so I'll probably order from them.

What is the deal with the ultimate figures? 10 bucks for a mini fig?

And extra parts. I am not bothering with the ultimate figs myself. Not worth it in my opinion, but that is just me.

Tendo

And extra parts. I am not bothering with the ultimate figs myself. Not worth it in my opinion, but that is just me.

Same here. Just getting back into lego I wasn't sure if I was missing something or it was just for parts + minifig. Skip those and save those lego dollars.

So someone mentioned double vip in feb. Is that confirmed or just based on history? If so that makes it easier to wait on Ghostbusters HQ till Feb. I haven't been feeling it on the Avenjet since it was unveiled. The figs are top notch, just the set feels so meh. I do want those printed hover/fan pieces though.

I want to wait on the Ghostbuster HQ and if there is a big vip month in Feb that would be perfect. These huge sets don't usually sell out forever right away correct? this will most likely be around for awhile?

Do I get Poe's X-Wing, the First Order TIE, or the Endor Imperial Shuttle?

Or do I get the Millenium Falcon and then hate myself for spending so much money?

Links to Disney CMF leaked hair molds (Ursula, Peter Pan, Syndrome, etc.)

http://m.imgur.com/a/3hkyq

Nice! I like being surprised. Kinda sad cuz I would have liked a "The Incredibles" set(s) with the whole family and Frozone. Hope they have a few more waves or actually still do an Incredibles set.
My worries of no classic anthropomorphic Disney characters is increasing.

That Syndrome hair piece is perfect for DBZ minifigs.

dxr2AXF.jpg

Tendo

Just placed an order on barnes and noble for all the nexo sets they had available. Should be here Thursday! They didn't have the infernox set or the king's mech but this will keep me busy for a bit :) looking forward to getting the bank for my wife soon as well.

Schryver

Think I'm gonna order Slave 1 as my first Lego set in about 15 years. Was thinking I would want to get all the other UCS sets but I have good discipline :p Do the sets almost always go on sale at S@H when they are about to be discontinued? Thinking I want to start collecting some of the holiday buildings to put up during December.

teeny

Space Avengers set finished. I'll go out on a limb and suggest this won't make anyone's top 10 for 2016. It had it's moments, but overall it was pretty bland. The minifigs are great, with a special shout out to a new cape style on Hyperion (it's kind of over the shoulder). Color-wise, I felt like I was building the Transformer Jetfire, which was cool. The ship itself is very blocky and bulky. It doesn't really go well with anything else in the Marvel line. Thanos has some pretty silly rocket boots, which is still better than Darkseid's lame sled thing from the DC set. Trying to shoe horn these big figs into some sort of vehicle has not really worked well so far.

Anyway, pics!

829CA95E-94FD-4A13-89EB-7FF5340DC504.jpg

77294149-C4A1-4E1A-94B0-4D9C8A915A96.jpg

This is the first set where I didn't apply the stickers. Also, I had flashing on 4 different Lego parts, which is a bit disconcerting. Worse yet, I had a completely defective part, the first time I have ever had that in a Lego set. I had a few extras around, so no worries, but having all of these things in a single, newer set makes me wonder what kind of changes Lego have made along the lines and I will keep an extra eye on quality from here on out.

In the background, you can see my new minifig display racks holding some of my Iron Man suits. They hold 12 minifigs per row x 5 row for a total of 60. That is on the minifig plates. If you take the plates off, you can fit lots more. Here is the exact set I ordered. 2 for $14.99. I may order 2 more later. They're perfect really.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UO7S19Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm probably still going to go for this set - something about the aesthetic really appeals to me, though I might wait to see if I can get it discounted anywhere.

Those tiered stands are awesome, I think I am going to copy you now and get a couple for my shelves :p

Well, i third the panic of maybe not getting classic Disney CMFs now... what an awful thing if true :( The whole line would be 50% less appealing to me just like that.

If they sell like hotcakes (which they should, c'mon it's Disney), I bet money there will be more lines of them. They would be crazy to not consider it if they do well.

Well, i third the panic of maybe not getting classic Disney CMFs now... what an awful thing if true :( The whole line would be 50% less appealing to me just like that.

If they sell like hotcakes (which they should, c'mon it's Disney), I bet money there will be more lines of them. They would be crazy to not consider it if they do well.

Yeah, it will happen eventually if not with the first Disney CMF series. I just like to be over dramatic at times. Those Disney CMFs will pull it a ton of Disney fans that aren't already LEGO fans.

Well, mines not much, but I have managed to dig out the very first X-Wing they released.

I've got Darth Vader's Tie vs Y-Wing, Gungan Sub, Landspeeder, Airspeeder, Darth Mauls Interceptor, and a few smaller sets as well.

All the first ones they bought out back in the early 2000's, just not enough room to display them!

I'm tempted to get Poe's X-Wing as well.

God damn it, I can't believe I've been seduced by Lego again.

Koren

Then you start getting UCS sets.
I've been grabbed by the UCS sets (and creator expert / modulars / Ideas / Architecture) before the normal sets (I mean, recently, because in the 80s, I bought plently of sets)...

I'm wondering whether it's a blessing or not. Far less sets to buy, but the tally is still very high. I've managed to elude buying any "normal" star wars sets, for example. But I'm lacking pieces for mods/mocs, so I may buy normal sets just for ressources soon, anyway :/

Finished Palace Cinema. The coolest part of the build is definitely bag 3. Lots of interesting builds with the roof and of course the sign. Overall it was pretty fun and looks good on display. I don't think its a bad set, I just think the other modulars people like are just that much better.

I agree on the roof, but hated the sign. It didn't feel like it would properly line up until the entire thing was done. I think I actually posted about it mid-build because I was concerned some pieces were bending.

Do I get Poe's X-Wing, the First Order TIE, or the Endor Imperial Shuttle?

Or do I get the Millenium Falcon and then hate myself for spending so much money?

If you don't have a LEGO Falcon, get that one. I have no regrets with the new Force Awakens model-it's great. Of the other ones I'd probably recommend the Endor shuttle. The others are nice but the Shuttle is a great build for the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom