• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour is Volcanic Research/Rescue.

They're just absolutely committed to never doing some kind of farm theme aren't they. Even Duplo is getting an "Around the World" set that includes a plane and like 10 different animals, INCLUDING A WHALE, but getting animals in normal Lego sets is just... a never ending struggle.

I want those goddamn goats to be used in more than 1 set, who in their right mind would pay $40 for one goat FFFFFFFFF

Goat-2.png

Wanderer5

<3 So beautiful! Think I liking the colors of the FO TIE fighter a little more than the original. They did a nice job the the red there and I really dig those thick circular roots to the panels.

iosefe

i want a Darth Maul buildable using the new bionicle torso.

the waist spin matches him well, asnd if you really tried you can seperate the torso and legs

ghostmind

They're just absolutely committed to never doing some kind of farm theme aren't they. Even Duplo is getting an "Around the World" set that includes a plane and like 10 different animals, INCLUDING A WHALE, but getting animals in normal Lego sets is just... a never ending struggle.

I want those goddamn goats to be used in more than 1 set, who in their right mind would pay $40 for one goat FFFFFFFFF

Goat-2.png

They go for that much now? Thank god I picked up Mill Village Raid before it went OOP.

wetwired

Xmas Haul

Kwik E Mart
Wall E
Birds

I've only built Wall E and The Birds so far. Wall-E was strange, it had random use of pieces inside that could have been accomplished with less larger pieces (ones that were even included elsewhere in the set) It's not like it was done for colour difference as the parts aren't visible.

TheFuzz

I was too drunk to post last night but they are playing this on the Nat Geo Channel here in the US as well. I DVRed it knowing I wouldn't be able to watch it last night.

Freaking hell, putting the Palace Cinema together and I wasted a good two hours putting this damn stupid car together. The red baseplate certainly is unique though.

The limo is a laughably bad design. They could have done better with less parts. I've always wondered if they went "dammit, Jaime, help" after seeing the cinema. It's not an awful build, but nothing really blew me away except for the marquee sign. But it looks good when done, I suppose.

Maengun1

Check your Wal-Marts y'all, pretty much everything but the Force Awakens stuff is on clearance now at mine. Avengers Tower for $45, Quinjet for $59, Creator Blue Power Jet for $49, Changing Seasons $35, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah Nexo Knights looks way better than what I was expecting. Plus the few logo throwbacks as well as that 1x1 printed tile throwback to old space sets is driving me crazy, though I'm a little weirded out the Wolfpack logo is green n gold/yellow

Ponn

Banned
The limo is a laughably bad design. They could have done better with less parts. I've always wondered if they went "dammit, Jaime, help" after seeing the cinema. It's not an awful build, but nothing really blew me away except for the marquee sign. But it looks good when done, I suppose.

Yea, I just don't get it in a set like this. I mean I understand what they were going for but they have much better vehicles in their city line people can and do use. Oh well, I was trying to finish my first modular in one day but I only got two levels done. Still have the roof to finish it. There are some neat builds in this set like the doors going all the way up making that corner. Also some neat little mini builds for the concession area.

Lego needs to do a farm theme dammit. City Farm and Greek Mythology are the two Lego themes I will champion until the day I die.

I would love, LOVE a Greek Mythology, or any mythology for that matter theme. I love those pillar pieces in sets like Lord Business lair and that Black Manta set. It reminds me of a mythological setting. I'm thinking of picking up some Atlantis sets since I wasn't collecting at that time and it kind of reminds me of something along that line.

I would love, LOVE a Greek Mythology, or any mythology for that matter theme. I love those pillar pieces in sets like Lord Business lair and that Black Manta set. It reminds me of a mythological setting. I'm thinking of picking up some Atlantis sets since I wasn't collecting at that time and it kind of reminds me of something along that line.

Right?? And they've already got so many specialty characters made - Satyr and Icarus in the newest CMF line, a Minotaur and Medusa CMF, they can make chariots with Pegasi by using the silver and gold wings from the Elves sets on the Lego horses.

And it's not like there isn't precedence for CMF figures to spawn off into a theme - look at Monster Fighters after all the different creature CMFs.

They could make a Medusa's Lair, Pegasus Chariot Race, Minotaur's Maze, Battle of Olympus set that's the top of the mountain, Zeus BigFig fighting brick-built Titans, Hercules VS The Hydra, just so much they could do. It would be so so rad.

iosefe

i chose to build Lance's Mecha Horse for work. rather nice build and i realy enjoy sets that change forms, and i like the motorcycle

one issue i see with it is the legs never being fully aligned to be flat, lets say you position the front legs flat, you can't get the back legs flat as well, it will remain a couple degrees off, with the front of the hoof sticking up.

i'll attribute it to the ratchet join in the build. i would have ratherd they use the mini ball joints for the hoofs

i chose to build Lance's Mecha Horse for work. rather nice build and i realy enjoy sets that change forms, and i like the motorcycle

one issue i see with it is the legs never being fully aligned to be flat, lets say you position the front legs flat, you can't get the back legs flat as well, it will remain a couple degrees off, with the front of the hoof sticking up.

i'll attribute it to the ratchet join in the build. i would have ratherd they use the mini ball joints for the hoofs

The Mecha Horse was the only one we didn't have left at work tonight, so that and the LEGO/retailer exclusive sets are all I need. Debating about saving Brick Bank for double VIP in February and just finishing off Nexo Knights on the 1st. Or just wait it out on Nexo and spot them at the retailers.

And not bothering with the ultimate figures or whatever they are.

EDIT:

You could just change the title of Black Sabbath's Neon Knights to Nexo Knights and get a theme song for the series. Just a thought.

Jang kinda sold me on the Nexo Knights Castle Tank, darn that man.

I have SLOWLY been working on it for days. Just too damn tired after work to finish it, and the main table is taken up with a jigsaw puzzle right now. But the Fortrex is fun thus far.

But Jestro's Evil Mobile was very, very good.

Edit: just built the two $10 Nexo Knight sets. Nothing remarkable, but of the two, Chaos Catapult is better.
And I love the new 1x1 pyramid pieces, but want them in quantity in one color. So far it is a variety, which is nice and all, but harder to MOC with.
Where's Jaimie Berard with a set that comes with 500+ of them in one color?

I really enjoyed building Poe's X-Wing and I'm really impressed with how it looks.

Think my next set will be the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Got my Wall-E fix kit earlier in the week (I'm in the UK, had requested it from them last week), and when updating it thought it was a good moment to add Power Functions.

Managed to do it with just adding six pieces (most of the guides suggest you add a few other bricks or 1x1) and rejigging some of the insides. Works a treat! Only thing I need is the simpler IR RC controller as the current one I have, the variable speed train one, makes him a bit hard to control.

Just finished Arctic Base Camp. Really nice set, i just dig the look. It also does have some cute builds like the Microscope and also comes with a bunch of pretty rare stuff like those silver mineral/crystal pieces, the huskies (which are more common now though) and then of course the mighty Polar Bear which only comes in this and the Ice Breaker set :) (PB is currently in use in an MOC i am working on though)

45QoxkF.jpg

1) One of my huskies suffers from miscoloration unfortunately, he has a grey face instead of white lol (i'll still keep him as the alpha dog or something)

2) The Helicopter is currently glued to the ceiling via Tesa Powerstrip and Nylon wire which is slowy working it's way through the strip. I dread the instant the thing comes crashing down in the middle of the night and gives us all a heart attack LOL :(

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Seems like the Star Wars sets took another price hike in Belgium / Europe ... I just can't justify paying €35 for a small set like Droid Escape Pod that doesn't even have 200 pieces. Will have to wait for (serious) discounts unfortunately.

What's the sticker situation on the new Falcon and X-Wing? Any that are hard to place/line up?

Millenium Falcon does not have a lot of stickers and it looks fine without them. The X-Wing I skipped because some major elements have stickers and without them applied it loses its look. I will wait for the next one. In the brick show review they will tell you where the stickers are on thr X-Wing.

Kitsuné;190535147 said:
Seems like the Star Wars sets took another price hike in Belgium / Europe ... I just can't justify paying €35 for a small set like Droid Escape Pod that doesn't even have 200 pieces. Will have to wait for (serious) discounts unfortunately.

It is crazy and even with discounts it is out of control. Fortunately there is always Germany, where the base price is lower (30€ in this case) and they have more competition and therefor lower prices and great promotions. You can pick up the Droid Escape for 25€ (or at least yesterday) at some retailers (Like Amazon, which will ship to Belgium, get above 29 and free shipping).

Osahi

Kitsuné;190535147 said:

Yeah. I feel ya. Really bumped me out. Wanted to pick up the pod and hoth attack, but it is at least 10 euros too high. I was allready bumped out when the tfa sets where more expensive then i expected, but this is ridiculous...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone post a good comparison pic of the old and new TIE? I kinda want one to accompany my X-Wing of the old series.

Osahi

What's the sticker situation on the new Falcon and X-Wing? Any that are hard to place/line up?

No difficult ones on either. Just the engines on the x need allignment if i am not mistaken (been a few months). Canopy is printed!

Falcon is usually just seperate stickers. Maybe one or two cases where you need to align

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
It is crazy and even with discounts it is out of control. Fortunately there is always Germany, where the base price is lower (30€ in this case) and they have more competition and therefor lower prices and great promotions. You can pick up the Droid Escape for 25€ (or at least yesterday) at some retailers (Like Amazon, which will ship to Belgium, get above 29 and free shipping).
That's great advice, thanks!

Osahi

Hah! My mom just gave me all her coupons she collected in the toy store getting gifts (you collected one per 10 euros, and 12 give you 5 euros discount as of january 2nd.) Hers and mine combined I have 25 euros discount now! Grabbing Rey and Phasma next saturday, maybe Kylo too!

My local TRU had them. Lego sections in all local stores were ravaged though. It's crazy. The video game sections are just as bad. I'm thinking this will be a great holiday for retail.

I concur. It's predicted record numbers of around 100 million travelers are expected this Christmas season. People tend to travel when they feel they have the extra cash. Time to invest in retail store stock to finance 2016 LEGO purchases.

TheFuzz

Built the Ant-Man Final Battle set today. Honestly, this may be my favorite $20 Superheroes set Lego has done, dethroning the Lex Mech.

The minifigures are fantastic, Yellow Jacket may be my new favorite minifigure and I haven't heard much mention of him here. The print is awesome. Anthony (the flying ant) is a great build, too.

Seriously, this may be in my Top 5 for 2015 now. What a fantastic deal for what you get.

I like the SNOT on the trees that give it a nice LEGO studly texture. Larger tree uses a different technique to "bend" the bricks.

More photos here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/422928

Well damn, there's an Ewok Village if ever i've seen one...

Makes me feel all puny with my little EW set i haven't even built yet :(

The snot is a neat idea, but i feel it kinda gives it a disjointed look in combination with the sloped roots part of the tree. Still awesome of course, the whole thing! Don't even wanna know the piece count lol...

The Flash

Banned
Started with the new TIE Fighter set.
Then I got the new X-wing.
Then I got the First Order Troop Transport
And now I just bought the new Millennium Falcon.

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom