• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

BahamutPT

Finally built the SW Quadjumper.
Never checked a thing about it except for the box pics, so I was kinda surprised at how small the finished build is (compared to my expectations).

Ponn

Banned
Creator Expert = No Minifigs.

Yea i know they won't come with figs and traditionally the vehicles aren't to scale to figs but this bus may be different. Like the Blue Power Jet could almost fit a fig to scale. With that piece count I just don't think its going to be in scale with the recent cars they have done so minifigs might actually look in scale riding in it or at least not bad so that might be pretty cool. Have a bus full of Batman villains riding around.

Those vehicle designs are so awful, the worst i've seen yet. Until the movie comes out though I don't who to blame for that though. They always do the same damn thing for every Aquaman set with the little pillars build too, thats really annoying and lazy as hell at this point.

Ponn

Banned
Apparently not, as JANG showed one (and the damage it did after limited careful use) in the Thor Ragnarok arena set.

Surprised that LEGO has kept it around.

They probably have millions in a closet they need to get rid of still. They should just bury them like E.T. cartridges.

Yea i know they won't come with figs and traditionally the vehicles aren't to scale to figs but this bus may be different. Like the Blue Power Jet could almost fit a fig to scale. With that piece count I just don't think its going to be in scale with the recent cars they have done so minifigs might actually look in scale riding in it or at least not bad so that might be pretty cool. Have a bus full of Batman villains riding around.

It's much too big for minifigs, they will all look like kids on it. It's also too small for Technic/Belville figures, which means that it's smaller scale than the VWs.

Haines

Banned
Watched the lego movie in 4k hdr tonight

Stunning looking and i still cant believe how well made that movie is. Even the jokes just destroy

Will buy batman lego 4k when it hits 20 bucks in canada, have yet to see it, might pop up on netflix i guess

Christian

Hi, everyone! I'm hoping you can give me a suggestion. I'm looking at three sets, and I can only get one right now. I'd like to eventually get all three, so please factor what might be off shelves first into your decision. Also, if I miss out on one, factor in the one that would be okay to miss, as well. Finally, I'd like a set that's has good pieces when you break it down and build MOCs with it. I'm so demanding! I'm interested in:

LEGO City Prison Island
LEGO Super Heroes Spider-Man Web Warrior Ultimate Bridge
LEGO Super Heroes Super Hero Airport Battle

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi, everyone! I'm hoping you can give me a suggestion. I'm looking at three sets, and I can only get one right now. I'd like to eventually get all three, so please factor what might be off shelves first into your decision. Also, if I miss out on one, factor in the one that would be okay to miss, as well. Finally, I'd like a set that's has good pieces when you break it down and build MOCs with it. I'm so demanding! I'm interested in:

LEGO City Prison Island

Spider Man Bridge Battle. No contest.

LEGO City Prison Island

Bridge has tons of useful parts. Airport is highly specialized and most go into the quinjet, which is mostly dark blue. Don't know exactly what the prison has, but most parts should appear in any police HQ set.

papluh

The London Bus data and pics are out
https://brickset.com/article/28965/10258-london-bus-revealed!
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-london-bus-10258-im-detail-vorgestellt/36476
Designer video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynu_tsmHDsI
lego-creator-londonbus_10258_3.jpg

lego-creator-londonbus_10258_2.jpg

Osahi

The better pictures and the video made this grow on me. Looks pretty good (apart from the very blocky front wheel arches, they look so off compared to recent Expert models). Not sure if I'll day one this (I'm on holiday anyway when early VIP hits), as NInjago City is coming up too. But eventually...

ghostmind

Hmmm, not for me I think.

A few years ago, I would pick it up without question, but with my increasingly shrinking display space, and the number of great sets being released this year, something has to give.

Crispy75

The top front windows are so clumsy. The misaligned angles, the mismatched curves. The front wheel arch isn't great, and I don't know what the protruding panels below the windows are supposed to be. The rear end is nicely done. Really not up to the standard of the other expert vehicles :(

papluh

The top front windows are so clumsy. The misaligned angles, the mismatched curves. The front wheel arch isn't great, and I don't know what the protruding panels below the windows are supposed to be. The rear end is nicely done. Really not up to the standard of the other expert vehicles :(

The should look like the seams on the original. And more important (as the current theory goes) they hide the fact that the window panels are too high :D

The front wheel arch comes down to the combination of scale and allowed building techniques. Looking forward to possible mods..

Just noticed the other 'stops' on the bus are:

Yellow Brick Road
Brickadily Circus
Twobytwo Square

I'm trying to decide if Brick Lane would have been better as a London based joke, but then that'd just be the road. Or Yellow Brick Lane but then you're two puns deep.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The front view is still pretty ugly. Surprised how blocky the front arches are, and the top windows are hideous

But the side and rear views are pretty nice and it looks a good size. Probably will pick it up along with the small one which they still sell in London stores

Skipping this. That also makes skipping the Mini Cooper easier.

Updated creator vehicles wishlist

Definites - Camper Van, Beetle

Maybe - F40

Buy if found on steep discount - London Bus, Mini Cooper

Im choosing between the VW camper and this and I might actually choose this. Looks better in those photos than before and the roof removing mechanic is pretty cool. Also way more pieces for your money.

DonShula

I watched the video of the bus being built in fast motion on Facebook. Looks kind repetitive. Between that and the style just not appealing to me at all, I'm gonna pass.

DBT85

So, when you spunk all your money during double points this month, what are you spending all your points on?

Since I'm looking to get Saturn V, Tie Fighter and Slave 1, I'm hovering between the Trooper & Speeder or maybe putting them toward the Mini.

Osahi

So, when you spunk all your money during double points this month, what are you spending all your points on?

Since I'm looking to get Saturn V, Tie Fighter and Slave 1, I'm hovering between the Trooper & Speeder or maybe putting them toward the Mini.

I've had the Wonder Woman battle set and 5 packs of minifigs (to get to free shipping) in my basket for weeks now, but I think I'll pass and save up for OFS and Ninjago City.

Was actually planning on getting the carrousel at double VIP, but I've decided to pass on it as display space is running out. Other possibility was the UCS Snowspeeder, but I'll wait untill I can get a deal on that one, just like I did with the UCS Tie. Maybe triple VIP, like whe had last year. Otherwise UCS sets pop up in brick and mortar stores around here from time to time, with eventual price drops or actions...

If the bus would've launched tomorrow, I would've jumped on it for double VIP. Now I'll wait on a deal too, as these sets are having a long run anyway and also pop up in regular stores at sometimes lower prices.

I really think that Lego are competing with themselves at this point. They are putting out more must-haves than even grown up, dedicated fans can keep up with. Normally, the fishing store would be a day one purchase just for the sheer coolness of it, but having just spent €350 on the Carousel and Saturn and with another €350 coming up with the Ninjago City, and at least €150 worth of normal sets that would be cool to have... something's got to give.

I really think that Lego are competing with themselves at this point. They are putting out more must-haves than even grown up, dedicated fans can keep up with. Normally, the fishing store would be a day one purchase just for the sheer coolness of it, but having just spent €350 on the Carousel and Saturn and with another €350 coming up with the Ninjago City, and at least €150 worth of normal sets that would be cool to have... something's got to give.
Yep. I want all of the silent Mary, Saturn, ninjago city, destiny's bounty, old fishing store, and a bunch of older stuff that I ignored when broke. And also to slowly catch up on modulars.
I've already resigned myself to ignoring the fairground rides even tho I'd have loved the mixer, Ferris wheel, and carousel.

Lego going whale hunting

I like that Lego is really serious on the adult expert market, there is something for everyone. Of course very few could get them all due to money and space, but I like the idea to have a wider selection. My only complain is that the reveals and announcements are spaced through the year. If you don't know beforehand what is coming it is difficult to plan your purchases. I am glad I skipped the Carousel and the Apollo sets (I eventually will get the Carousel, but not this year), so I can get OFS and Ninjago City, but I feel my Silent Mary purchase was rushed, I could have waited for a better deal.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah that price is killing enthusiasm for that bus. I really need to pick up that recent City Bus too. I'm having to cut big time, I don't even see how I can get anything this weekend. I have a couple other pick ups like FFXII and the Lodoss War bluray set. If I want fishing shop I'm going to have to save for it now.

Top Bottom