• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

willp2003

Do you guys expect major redesign for the new UCS or to follow pretty much the same core design and build with the previous one, just with some added details here and there?

I'm hoping that it's a complete redesign. Building techniques have advanced and new pieces are available so if they did another Death Star, I'd be disappointed. It should have over 1000 extra pieces more than the old one, but that's not hard given how many tiny pieces are used these days.

Osahi

...what was your most expensive single LEGO purchase ever?

Mine was the Death Star, which probably isn't that bad by the standards of this thread? :)

Disney Castle. Probably going to be Ninjago City soon.

I stay away from the aftermarket luckily. Legi is allready expensive enough

Ryuuroden

1920s_motorcycle_chariot.jpg

Ok, found a new lego project. I can't believe motorcycle cherriot racing was a thing. Why can't we have this still instead of NASCAR.

ghostmind

One of the statues at the LEGO SDCC booth:

Gv9efTF.jpg

Also Thor was revealed yesterday:

S8ySLyh.jpg

Should be getting the reveal of the second exclusive minifig in a couple hours.

One of the statues at the LEGO SDCC booth:

Gv9efTF.jpg

Should be getting the reveal of the second exclusive minifig in a couple hours.
Based on the DC one being Vixen I'm guessing either a Black Bolt one or a Star Wars fig I'll kill for.

Saw Dunkirk. Aside from the airplane from the Wonder Woman set, are there any good LEGO WW1/2 planes? Official or fanmade.

DonShula

That exclusive fig is going to be Star Wars isn't it?

Here's hoping it's nothing too precious.

If it's Episode VIII Luke I'll flip my desk.

papluh

There was the Sopwith Camel a few years ago.

latest

And before, there was another version of Camel, the one with stickers over multiple pieces that liked to peel and fall off on the edges, but when you tried to get the ugly remains there was no easy way to do so.

Also there was a Fokker Dr.I in the Advanced models series.

From the play models there were few in the Indiana Jones theme - the biplane escape scene from Last Crusade, the flying wing one from Lost Ark and the cargo one from Crystal Skull movie...

Ponn

Banned
Isn't he supposed to come out now though with Raven, Powerpuff girls though? If Dimensions truly is done for then it is now or never right?

Yea Beetlejuice is part of this last wave coming out. It's

Powerpuff girls team pack - Blossom and Bubbles
powerpuff girls fun pack - Buttercup
Teen Titans team pack Raven and Beastboy
Teen Titans fun pack - Starfire
Beetlejuice fun pack

They don't even have a level pack this time, it kinda feels like they are just pushing what they had left out the door.

It's Deadpool the Duck

Minfig picture coming soon

Son of A #$#%@!

papluh

So, Brickset has the Deadpool duck pic
https://brickset.com/article/29391/sdcc-exclusive-deadpool-duck!

Onsite Exclusive Retail Sales Details
Beginning as early as 6am daily, throughout the show, interested attendees should first visit the Pavilion Terrace to participate in a random drawing to qualify to purchase LEGO BrickHeadz sets at the LEGO booth #2829. Each of the two exclusive retail sets will be sold on separate days of the show, with a limit of one set per attendee per day. Tickets to purchase must be redeemed on the same day or purchase is forfeited.

Thursday, July 20, and Saturday, July 22: LEGO BrickHeadz Spider-Man and Venom
Friday, July 21, and Sunday, July 23: LEGO BrickHeadz Supergirl™ and Martian Manhunter™

LEGO Minifigure Giveaway Details
To secure an opportunity to receive an exclusive LEGO minifigure giveaway, show attendees must visit the Pavilion Terrace at 12:30pm each day to enter an instant drawing giveaway, to be fulfilled on the spot while supplies last. One drawing per person per day.

Thursday, July 20, and Saturday, July 22: Deadpool Duck minifigure
Friday, July 21, and Sunday, July 23: Vixen minifigure

Fans who are not attending SDCC have a chance to win the exclusive LEGO minifigure giveaways and exclusive retail sets via Twitter. Fans who follow @LEGO_Group and the hashtag #LEGOSDCC will be entered into a random drawing.
from http://press-releases.media/lego-sy...o-movie-at-san-diego-comic-con-international/

Boogiepop

Huh, that would be a "I really, really want that" if it was vanilla Howard the Duck, but as is it's a "if that were actually plausible to get I'd buy it". I'm assuming prices on these things are insane if you're not there, even if you try to pay attention this first weekend?

Ponn

Banned
Hot dog cart is probably included as a scene from the movie. I mean they even displayed it like the shark is going to eat the hot dog. I'm really liking how it looks like the shark mech can easily be reworked to look like a normal shark. I'm going to do so many Jaws displays but first I need a bigger base plate.

Saw the official Deadpool duck picture and you know the first thing I actually thought was Darkwing Duck based on his head/eyes print. That would be such an easy fig to make for them to make.

Jimrpg

Friends 2018 info from Sir Von Lego:

41327 Mia's room (sport action)
41328 Stephanie's room (sport action)
41332 Emma's Kiosk of arts
41335 Mia's treehouse
41336 Emma's Cafe of Arts
41338 Stephanie's sport stadium with Vicki and Stephanie, Tennis playground and basketball
41339 Mia's Camper Van (lime truck with tree, tent, horse and assessories)
41340 House of friendship, a lot of Play functions, 3 mini dolls, dark nougat (?) house

There will be additional sets, but details were not listed.

Ah cheers for this!

DBT85

Considering the reasons lego have given for not doing models of certain things, I'm stunned they've done anything deadpool related at all.

Considering the reasons lego have given for not doing models of certain things, I'm stunned they've done anything deadpool related at all.
The rules are probably slightly different for a convention exclusive so limited it might as well not actually exist, vs. a real shipping product people can buy.

I don't understand how stuff like this benefits LEGO. They won't make much money selling them, they know that 99.99% of people in the world won't be able to buy them, and so they must know that all they're doing is allowing people to exploit others on the aftermarket - yet here we are.

What is their thinking?

But the kids love Chimichangas!

I think their specific thing is "No war", because a lot of LEGO Dimensions figures have guns (as does some Batman figs). Or maybe they're loosening up a little now?

I don't understand how stuff like this benefits LEGO. They won't make much money selling them, they know that 99.99% of people in the world won't be able to buy them, and so they must know that all they're doing is allowing people to exploit others on the aftermarket - yet here we are.

What is their thinking?

Marketing.

Everyone talks about Lego.

But it sucks.

Servbot24

Banned

What is their thinking?

It's not about the figures, it's about getting people talking about figures.

Is there a chance for the BrickHead Spider-Man to get a retail release?
I'd say yes because that would make sense given how Spiderman is one of the most popular superheroes out there...

but with how oddly LEGO has been handling the Brickheadz line I don't think anyone could say with certainty.

Top Bottom