• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

This one is too good. Indeed the question is how many, the alternative builds look great.

True.

Oh yeah. Successor to the Family House with all that pure white. They've had a few nice buildings recently but they tend to use multiple colours, so you don't really get much of anything.

The resort chalet looks sweety for that if you change the pink and bright green bricks.
How is the minifig scale comparison between Friends and "normal" LEGO? That may be doable if the scale would look right amongst other sets. When I was a kid I used a bunch of Ice Planet sets to create my own ski resort. It would be nice to have an official ski set.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Friends, Creator and City all looking damn good!

Ss0ODgm.jpg

Mild annoyance at shark attack.

namtab37

Neo Member
Anyone near a 99cent store and willing to pick up some dimensions sets? I will pay $2 per set plus all the shipping. Let me know!

Oh yeah. Successor to the Family House with all that pure white. They've had a few nice buildings recently but they tend to use multiple colours, so you don't really get much of anything.

Family House is one of my favorite sets I got in 2016. Found a brand new set at a store still with its normal price. That Light Brick!

How is the minifig scale comparison between Friends and "normal" LEGO? That may be doable if the scale would look right amongst other sets. When I was a kid I used a bunch of Ice Planet sets to create my own ski resort. It would be nice to have an official ski set.

Minidolls are way taller than regular minifigs, but I don't think that is much of a difference in the scale of the buildings. Of course vehicles would also be bigger and out of scale, but that is also true to Creator vehicles that come with the houses, they are too small.

Local wal-mart had darn near every set on Rollback/discount of some sort. At best it was maybe 20% off, which hardly amounted to anything. Star Wars was barely discounted, Super Heroes barely. Angry Birds quite a bit but who cares. Ninjago and Nexo Knights were fair discounts. City/Creator barely at all.

Figured I'd give a heads up to anybody looking.

I was planning on not getting anymore lego sets for the next 6 months since I splurged in January and got $200 worth of stuff but I need that creator blue car, quad jumper, a couple brickheadz, a few microfighters, and that speeder bike set. But all that is another $200 worth of stuff. Uuuugh.

I was planning on lowering my yearly budget of lego down to $300 but this is gonna be tough. Gonna have to start passing up on stuff that I really want. Managing smaller purchases too cause that can add up fast. Maybe I'll just not get any brickheadz or microfighters and pass on the creator car cause I already have the beetle and mini cooper which are cooler.

Maengun1

Fun at the Beach - YES.

Also the "regular" minifig lines are by far my favorites so the new series looks great to me. 80s Guy and 80s/90s Cardio Lady look like the early standouts, but I'll probably get them all <3

Quadjumper looks like a cool/unique build and I somehow still don't have a Rey OR a Finn minifig (I don't buy much SW in general...I think I only got Poe's X-Wing and the TIE Fighter sets from TFA so far), so this will probably be a buy for me as well.

Ponn

Banned
Lego City is such a cess pool of crime and even the beaches aren't safe with everyone tempting the waters getting attacked by octopi and sharks. At least Friends seems to be crime free and everyone can have fun with no worries. I'd like that Friends banana raft build to recreate Jaws the Revenge.

That Creator space shuttle is so good with really great alt builds. That cheap Jungle buggy set is probably going to pretty popular just to get that machete. And we ALL know why people want the machete.

papluh

That Creator space shuttle is so good with really great alt builds. That cheap Jungle buggy set is probably going to pretty popular just to get that machete. And we ALL know why people want the machete.

Machete is also in the starter set.

Worth a note that both starter sets - Jungle and Coast Guard - are with 3 minifigs and one animal (crocodile/shark).

Yeah, the alt builds look great. I wasn't interested initially based on the main build but the alt builds will make great companion pieces to the 10213/10231.

Have we seen the GotG2 set yet?

https://youtu.be/LoC8ljp4Rmo

Wow, that actually looks pretty cool. It might actually look better without any stickers.

Is the Unkar's Thug fig the same one we got in a book this year?

Also, this has been bothering me for a while...are mini dolls significantly more expensive to produce that standard figs? They rarely include more than one or two per set. This is really noticeable when you get to sets in the $80 range and especially the advent calendars. Frustrating.

Rootbeer

Banned
Everything I have heard is that this is a "one and done" for the movie.

However I find this reveal odd. Like something is missing.
that is a crying shame... i can only hope that this set is a success and they do a similarly large one for the black pearl later on then.

ghostmind

Is the Unkar's Thug fig the same one we got in a book this year?

It does, which is unfortunate as there are plenty of other characters on Jakku that could have been included, adding a unique figure to an otherwise generic selection.

Also note that LEGO dropped one of the Guavian Enforcers from the Rathtar set. The Nuremberg TF had three of them shown on the box. Probably done to keep the price down though.

ghostmind

Oddly enough, because I don't actively collect either theme, the sets that impressed me the most from today are Friends... and Nexo Knights.

I am really digging the villain designs for this wave.

87kqIwR.jpg

VcpSyoV.jpg

ddhOBf7.jpg

eepqoHG.jpg

I mean that last one - wow!

And then there is Merlok Mech:

3f4GuG2.jpg

Oddly enough, because I don't actively collect either theme, the sets that impressed me the most from today are Friends... and Nexo Knights.

87kqIwR.jpg

VcpSyoV.jpg

ddhOBf7.jpg

eepqoHG.jpg

3f4GuG2.jpg
The Merlok Mech is awesome, but it is all about Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction. Just for the name.

But that Friends boat and another City people pack makes me feel all good inside.

No offense, but I yearning for the day NK dies.
nSxSwa.gif

That minecraft set will probably single handedly lower aftermarket sand green brick prices
My local LEGO store PAB had a decent selection of Sand Green pieces surprisingly.

Grab nearly a whole cup of 1x2 plates of it. I forget if there were other pieces in the color too, but 1x2 plates are pretty versatile.

iosefe

My local LEGO store PAB had a decent selection of Sand Green pieces surprisingly.

Grab nearly a whole cup of 1x2 plates of it. I forget if there were other pieces in the color too, but 1x2 plates are pretty versatile.

it's a stud on opposite sides 1x1 brick

there was a plain 1x1 brick in the previous assortment

ghostmind

No offense, but I yearning for the day NK dies.
nSxSwa.gif

To return to Classic Castle?

Unfortunately the classic themes are a victim of LEGO's success, which has manifested in TV/merchandise deals, which drive themes like Nexo Knights.

My hope is that once NK dies, LEGO will move to a space/sci-if action theme.

To return to Classic Castle?

Unfortunately the classic themes are a victim of LEGO's success, which has manifested in TV/merchandise deals, which drive themes like Nexo Knights.

My hope is that once NK dies, LEGO will move to a space/sci-if action theme.

From what I understand NK is slightly more popular than Chima which really isn't saying much. I'd be happy with more Space/Sci-Fi. I really feel TLG didn't leverage Galaxy Squad to its full potential.

From what I understand NK is slightly more popular than Chima which really isn't saying much. I'd be happy with more Space/Sci-Fi. I really feel TLG didn't leverage Galaxy Squad to its full potential.

There was no cartoon or narrative for GS though, was there? That is where NK and Ninjago have been helped.

They are just setting up for the return of Space Police vs. Blacktron. Then a new alien race comes in and they have to combine forces to fight them. Make the sets be able to combine to make super ships or super mechs.

There was no cartoon or narrative for GS though, was there? That is where NK and Ninjago have been helped.

They are just setting up for the return of Space Police vs. Blacktron. Then a new alien race comes in and they have to combine forces to fight them. Make the sets be able to combine to make super ships or super mechs.

No. But Galaxy Squad had tons of potential for a cartoon. The color scheme is bright like NK. I recently picked up the Bug Obliterator set on your recommendation and loved it to bits. I own every set from both Waves.

Ninjago has produced some decent sets, even though I haven't pulled the trigger on any. (I'll probably get Temple of Airjitzu at some point.) Nothing about NK excites me. It's too ostentatious, even for the target market.

Boogiepop

Man, just got back from Lego Batman Movie, and yeah, they really, really, really need a wave 2 of the minifigures. So many of the random villains that I need! Is it seeming plausible that'll happen and I'll have a shot at guys like Crazy Quilt and Captain Boomerang making it out, or is that unlikely at this point?

R-User!

Wow at all of these new sets coming!

I really like the Jungle theme and the Friends Catamaran.

PotC ship looks like a fun build but might not be a great display set.

Any one thinking of rapidly crumbling their Quad Jumper a few days or weeks after building it, while the Falcon stands by waiting for Rey and Finn to board it?... *snicker*

Is there some new Star Wars Rebels set with Sabine in it with a spoiler of sorts?
It was referenced in another thread but i thought i'd seen all the upcoming Star Wars sets

Osahi

Is there some new Star Wars Rebels set with Sabine in it with a spoiler of sorts?
It was referenced in another thread but i thought i'd seen all the upcoming Star Wars sets
The SW advent calendar. Some consider the contents of it spoilers. Not for the movies, but for the suprise when you open one each day before christmas

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Some of these minecraft sets are so weird lol. Just.. idk, build something out of this box of random basic-ass bricks, we'll come up with instructions and a name for it afterwards.

Top Bottom