• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Freaking Brickheads, i need to stay off that line... or else. Damn why can't i just buy like 2 or 3 and call it a day?

Too late for me...save yourself!

He is on costume, just without the mask. Maybe because it will mean a new mold? I don't know how he is portrait in the show.

Oh. Looking up the costume design for Super Hero Girls Flash, it does indeed look like he is wearing a long sleeve shirt with Flash logo on it and pants. In the images I see of him, he keeps the mask off hanging off the shirt. I'm too lazy to see how the minifig mask will look and fit on a minidoll hat. Minifig hair pieces and many head elements fit on minidoll heads and vice-versa.

Is it just me (probably is) but is lego shop shipping the slowest thing known to man? I ordered only a handful of things to get the Batman minifig promo and it's taken 10 days just to get to California and it still has another 2 before delivery assuming it doesn't get pushed back again.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is it just me (probably is) but is lego shop shipping the slowest thing known to man? I ordered only a handful of things to get the Batman minifig promo and it's taken 10 days just to get to California and it still has another 2 before delivery assuming it doesn't get pushed back again.

I'm not a big fan of using LEGO's website, the shipping can be costly if you're not buying a lot and it's not quick at all, at least that's been my experience in the UK.

It's done!
I added a few extra parts here and there and i'm happy with the result.
Looks so much better without the blue parts.

mTJOOhjh.jpg

cGc41xhh.jpg

5l3zmEPh.jpg

sorry for the bad quality but my camera (skills!) sucks.

mrkgoo

Why would you be afraid? Honestly that is an amazing MOC!

Oh, there's just frowning upon posting works in progress and alternate builds that aren't ultimately going to be submissions. I probably shouldn't really do it here either. Sorry.

ninge

Super Villain, that looks great!

And because I'm too scared to post in the MOC-contest thread, but I do kind of want to show this, so click only if you want to see a new MOC from set 30162.

31062 - MOC #2 a

31062 - MOC #2 b

31062 - MOC #2 c

That's awesome!

Not posting WIP and ALT builds just means that thread is gonna die until right at the end, meaning less people will see it, meaning less people will take part... seems a bit self-defeating. If people really don't want to see other peoples work they can just not open the bloody thing :p

Warms my heart to see some more Elves love there...

I still need to get that particular set too... I have built all of the dragons so far except for the Queen dragon (which supposedly tops them all) and this one now.

Elves truly is the new Friends imo.

That's awesome!

Not posting WIP and ALT builds just means that thread is gonna die until right at the end, meaning less people will see it, meaning less people will take part... seems a bit self-defeating. If people really don't want to see other peoples work they can just not open the bloody thing :p

Yeah i think its a really really bad idea to not post WIP stuff, I encourage people to post their stuff in the thread. Just links though so if people dont want to click it they dont have to.

If others dont like it thats too bad.

That's awesome!

What about posting highlights from past contests to keep the thread bumped and get people inspired?

Warms my heart to see some more Elves love there...

I still need to get that particular set too... I have built all of the dragons so far except for the Queen dragon (which supposedly tops them all) and this one now.

Elves truly is the new Friends imo.

Definitely getting this one in a few days, and then the next dragon in the summer wave. Not really a big fan of the sick green, but I'm thinking it will look better in person. Also, evil goblin prince is awesome with his Sauron iconography. I think when I get him, I'll put him in charge over the Helm's Deep forces.

mrkgoo

I did it against all good judgement.

I bought the VW beetle.

It has just come out here. It was on special, which in of itself is whatever... but on top pf that came with a free mine craft end portal set. Seemed liked too good a deal.

I can't really afford it because just made a big purchase this week and Zelda comes out next week. But seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

wetwired

Could someone who has the Lego Batman Movie Batmobile (not the ultimate one obviously) tell me what size it's footprint takes up? I think it can transform as well so what ever the minimum size it can take up is?

I'm working on something and if it'll fit I'll buy it, if not I won't bother.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Could someone who has the Lego Batman Movie Batmobile (not the ultimate one obviously) tell me what size it's footprint takes up? I think it can transform as well so what ever the minimum size it can take up is?

I'm working on something and if it'll fit I'll buy it, if not I won't bother.

6" wide, wheel to wheel.

11" long, wheel to wheel with wheels horizontal. (extra .5" of fin extending beyond back wheel"

7.25" long, wheel to wheel with wheels vertical. (total length is 10.5" in this mode with front and back extending beyond wheels.

wetwired

6" wide, wheel to wheel.

11" long, wheel to wheel with wheels horizontal. (extra .5" of fin extending beyond back wheel"

7.25" long, wheel to wheel with wheels vertical. (total length is 10.5" in this mode with front and back extending beyond wheels.

Thanks, too big unfortunately, I've only got 16 studs width and 26 studs lengthwise.

Definitely getting this one in a few days, and then the next dragon in the summer wave. Not really a big fan of the sick green, but I'm thinking it will look better in person. Also, evil goblin prince is awesome with his Sauron iconography. I think when I get him, I'll put him in charge over the Helm's Deep forces.

A minidoll in charge of legions of minifigs just sounds so...wrong, but i am actually kinda starting to like that idea hmm...

A webshop here has 30% off specifically new sets (january ones). Ended up getting the Scuttler, the Riddler car, the Catwoman set and the Y-Wing. Nice!

DonShula

I did it against all good judgement.

I bought the VW beetle.

It has just come out here. It was on special, which in of itself is whatever... but on top pf that came with a free mine craft end portal set. Seemed liked too good a deal.

I can't really afford it because just made a big purchase this week and Zelda comes out next week. But seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

Paying bills is overrated I say.

I bet that Goblin King (LEGO Elves not from Hobbit) crown hair piece would look great on a regular minifigure. Replace the goblins with goblins from Series 13 CMF and Hobbit goblins and the sets are easily converted into a LEGO System set with minifigures.

Goblin raiding party. (looks like they bought 3rd party poseable legs. I have some...I forget the name of the seller)

goblins.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/104265-goblin-raiding-party/

EDIT: For anyone interested here is the 3rd party maker of short poseable legs.
http://www.brickfortress.com/

When watching the LEGO Batman movie last week, they showed a trailer of a new Smurf CGI movie. WHY DOESN"T LEGO DO SMURF sets!?! Family friendly, nostalgia, worldwide appeal, tie-in with a movie release. Granted last two movies weren't blockbusters, but successful enough that they have a 3rd movie. Two previous were mixed live action with CGI, but this 3rd one appears to be full CGI like the Peanuts movie.

Imagine a Smurf CMF series!

Smurfs by Lee Jones, on Flickr

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
When watching the LEGO Batman movie last week, they showed a trailer of a new Smurf CGI movie. WHY DOESN"T LEGO DO SMURF sets!?! Family friendly, nostalgia, worldwide appeal, tie-in with a movie release. Granted last two movies weren't blockbusters, but successful enough that they have a 3rd movie. Two previous were mixed live action with CGI, but this 3rd one appears to be full CGI like the Peanuts movie.

Because Mega Bloks.

Amazing...

Although at closer inspection this MOC has some funky stuff going on, like the smurfs themselves of course, but then those mushrooms and cakes on the plates, those aren't official parts are they? As for a CMF series, pretty sure there wouldn't be enough variety within the actual series, i mean, some of these guys are only distinguishable by a tattoo on one arm, or a pair of glasses lol...though Papa Smurf would be rad.

Also: love the look of that goblin party, even the arrangement is erratic/chaotic.

Koren

As for a CMF series, pretty sure there wouldn't be enough variety within the actual series, i mean, some of these guys are only distinguishable by a tattoo on one arm, or a pair of glasses lol...
Not sure whether Lego would find it interesting (with Megablocks, we'll probably never know) but as far as variety go... I think you're wrong... Schleich has produced figures for 30+ years, there's several hundreds of those if I'm not mistaken, and there has been catalogs for those just like minifigs:

Couv_206205.jpg

There's room for a couple CMF series (I'm pretty sure you could even find a dozen completely different ones)

And Lego produced the Manshafft, so... ;)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Amazing...

Although at closer inspection this MOC has some funky stuff going on, like the smurfs themselves of course, but then those mushrooms and cakes on the plates, those aren't official parts are they? As for a CMF series, pretty sure there wouldn't be enough variety within the actual series, i mean, some of these guys are only distinguishable by a tattoo on one arm, or a pair of glasses lol...though Papa Smurf would be rad.

Also: love the look of that goblin party, even the arrangement is erratic/chaotic.

Mushrooms are from Brickforge - https://www.brickforge.com/Mushroom.html

Ryuuroden

Amazing...

I actually own one of those custom molded smurfs. I bought it from him when it was at brickworld. It was like 20 dollars I think....

wetwired

Why the fuck wasn't the smurf movie completely CGI and set in the smurf village/village, with maybe a live action gargamel and azreal? Fuck that annoyed me about the first movie, it had to be set in NY with shithead modern day humans, strikes me as a classic studio exec call.

/rant

gerg

Apologies if this point has already been made, but I imagine one limitation of the Smurf license (in terms of sets at least) is the relatively narrow potential for different buildings or creatures or vehicles. It seems that with the Smurfs you essentially have one mushroom-type basic building structure which isn't much developed from, and that doesn't provide the greatest potential for longevity in a theme. I'd like to know if I'm wrong however!

wetwired

Since the LBM Batmobile is too large for what I'm building I decided to bite the bullet and pick up the 76045 Batmobile from BvS before it gets too hard to find. I managed to snag one on Gumtree (Australia's Craiglist) for $10 off RRP sealed.

I never liked the set because it always felt half finished and not accurate enough to the film version, particularly around wheels. So I did a bit of an upgrade, it's not perfect as to be honest the design of the film version is somewhat messy which doesn't translate to lego very well.

Totally didn't realize that Smurf movie was coming out in a few months.

Because Mega Bloks.

Mega Blah-ks has long abandoned that license. I suspect interest in Smurfs isn't as high as I imagine and LEGO probably has research to back it up. Still...SMURFS!

My son got one of those sets and the bricks quality was awful beyond belief. Nothing would stick together well as tolerances were off everywhere. Mega Bloks seems to have improved as I tried some small World of Warcraft sets and they seemed OK.

Mega Bloks still has some of the set pages up. Have to click on related links on page to see other sets as main page as been removed.
https://shop.megabrands.com/en-us/shop/construction-toys/smurfs/blind-packs-10757

Amazing...

Yes,that MOC is not a purist MOC with 3rd party and custom stuff. I don't mind that, but I notice some bootleg stuff seems to be making its way into MOCs at brick conventions. Saw a big fig Rhino in a Spider-Man vignette.

I can understand the concern about variety, but that was also part of the charm.
Also, it would be about the accessories.

The old PVC figures had them in different outfits, but I would prefer most of them in the standard identical outfits.

Why the fuck wasn't the smurf movie completely CGI and set in the smurf village/village, with maybe a live action gargamel and azreal? Fuck that annoyed me about the first movie, it had to be set in NY with shithead modern day humans, strikes me as a classic studio exec call.

/rant

It didn't bother me that much, but the thought of why not all CGI and the classic setting of forest did cross my mind. It does smell of studios execs directing the creative process. Maybe seeing Stuart Little adaptation (mixed live & CGI) may have influenced the execs.

Trailer looked decent. I hope it is a big success and they do another Smurf CGI movie. Maybe LEGO will consider Smurfs then.

Apologies if this point has already been made, but I imagine one limitation of the Smurf license (in terms of sets at least) is the relatively narrow potential for different buildings or creatures or vehicles. It seems that with the Smurfs you essentially have one mushroom-type basic building structure which isn't much developed from, and that doesn't provide the greatest potential for longevity in a theme. I'd like to know if I'm wrong however!

Someone needs to see The LEGO Movie again. :) Imagination.
Smurfs often rode on forest animals. I can see a small set of a brick built bird for the Smurf to mount ... or a mouse or squirrel. Smurfs can be placed in any scenario. As a kid I remember seeing PVC figures of them as astronauts, soccer players, etc.

It wouldn't be long term theme. Much like Simpsons, it could just be CMFs and a few sets. Most of the Smurf toys I see are those PVC collectibles which fits perfectly with the CMF line.

No wrong or right as we're all speculating.

Boogiepop

Welp, I officially have my first missing piece, far as I can tell. Through Bag(s) 3 on Brick Bank, and right at the top... I'm short one of those little flat topped L shaped piece (I'm still terrible with terminology for specific bricks) in white, but I had an extra light grey one.

So it technically still fits in fine enough, and it's not a huge deal, but still... You guys said it's easy and painless, right? Because if so, I guess I'll go ahead and file to have it sent to me. Fortunately it's in a really, really easy place to "fix", so that's nice.

Edit: Never mind. Despite swearing I checked it at least twice before posting this, I did indeed mix up two pieces. That's on me being dumb, so my bad.

Ponn

Banned
Welp, I officially have my first missing piece, far as I can tell. Through Bag(s) 3 on Brick Bank, and right at the top... I'm short one of those little flat topped L shaped piece (I'm still terrible with terminology for specific bricks) in white, but I had an extra light grey one.

So it technically still fits in fine enough, and it's not a huge deal, but still... You guys said it's easy and painless, right? Because if so, I guess I'll go ahead and file to have it sent to me. Fortunately it's in a really, really easy place to "fix", so that's nice.

Edit: Never mind. Despite swearing I checked it at least twice before posting this, I did indeed mix up two pieces. That's on me being dumb, so my bad.

I swear its like every time i'm missing a piece its either misplaced because I couldn't tell colors apart or its still in the bottom of one of the empty bags. Like everytime,I don't panic anymore I just triple check the empty bags first. But yea if you are ever missing a piece its so incredibly easy to get replacement parts from the lego website. I'm positive people take advantage of them because it is so easy but kudos to them for not changing anything so far.

Top Bottom