• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DonShula

Are the shop section of Discovery Centers the same as a normal Lego shop? We've got one in Melbourne now.

Not quite the same, at least for the one I went to. The Discovery Centers don’t seem to be managed by the same group, so they don’t run the same promotions (no VIP or freebies). The Discovery Centers also seem to let stock linger awhile, so you may eventually find some retired sets sitting on the shelf at MSRP - good in some cases, depending on what you find.

Jimrpg

Are the shop section of Discovery Centers the same as a normal Lego shop? We've got one in Melbourne now.

There’s an official Lego Shop in Melbourne?

I thought the discovery centre (the new one in Chadstone) was the official Lego Shop but seeing DonShulas Ryuuroden’s message that’s not the case. Interesting.

ghostmind

Minecraft 2018

21138 The Melon Farm
21139 The Nether Fight
21140 The Chicken Coop
21141 The Zombie Cave
21142 The Polar Igloo
21143 The Nether Portal
21144 The Farm Cottage

that sure is one deadly lineup of batman.

I'm glad i decided not to give a damn about minecraft sets. it helps most of the crap that's turned into a set came out after my minecraft phase ended.

This Carbonite Chamber build (75137) has pretty cool action features.

The little elevator is neat.

I've had it for awhile and decided to build it today. They give you an entire bag of spare Boba Fett helmet attachment pieces for some reason.

leng jai

There’s an official Lego Shop in Melbourne?

I thought the discovery centre (the new one in Chadstone) was the official Lego Shop but seeing DonShulas Ryuuroden’s message that’s not the case. Interesting.

I meant there's a Discovery Centre in Chadstone. Pretty useless then if out doesn't have the polybag promos and VIP.

Ringo

Yesterday my wife saw 2 guys buying all the boxes of one set at the local toy-store.
She described it as a small white box with Lego and limited edition (in gold) printed on it.

It was as big as 2 DVD cases and there couldn't have been much in it.

Apparently she had one of the boxes in her hand before the 2 guys and they were almost going nuts that they could have been too late.

Anybody know if there is a small Lego-set that is in heavy demand? It baffles me...

ghostmind

rEUlE6A.jpg

DonShula

Yesterday my wife saw 2 guys buying all the boxes of one set at the local toy-store.
She described it as a small white box with Lego and limited edition (in gold) printed on it.

Apparently she had one of the boxes in her hand before the 2 guys and they were almost going nuts that they could have been too late.

Anybody know if there is a small Lego-set that is in heavy demand? It baffles me...

Not sure. Would help to know which store. Chain or local? I don’t recall seeing anything like that at any chain stores lately.

Ringo

So it’s a Scarif Trooper (from Rogue One) polybag, inside a Last Jedi box, with an entry form to possibly win other LEGO Star Wars sets from a specific retailer?

Besides being really weird, that’s a promo set which is free for spending 24.99 Euro.

Yeah, it's even weirder...as my wife found those boxes at a different retailer.

I am loving a lot of the Ninjago movie sets. I hope LEGO overproduced them in prep for movie demand so we can see some good sales on them. I don't think I can afford to get all of the ones I would want otherwise. That mech shark is on my list.

I wish retailers would limit promo items like that to 1 or 2 per person. Whether resellers (my guess is this) or uber super fans, it would be nice for others to have a fighting chance to get at least one.

Seems like promo polybag version of that minifig is going for around $10 USD.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=155767#T=S&O={"ss":"US"}

Just got kais fire mech, its AMAZING. Looks incredible and makes all the other mechs look like little kids. Im working on a mod to add knee articulation and I'll post pictures when Im done.

I love most the ninjago movie sets but Im not even gonna see the movie lol. The sets are just too good. Probably my favorite theme of the year tied with lego ideas.

mrkgoo

Just got kais fire mech, its AMAZING. Looks incredible and makes all the other mechs look like little kids. Im working on a mod to add knee articulation and I'll post pictures when Im done.

I love most the ninjago movie sets but Im not even gonna see the movie lol. The sets are just too good. Probably my favorite theme of the year tied with lego ideas.

YOu should see the movie! I really liked it.

I thought the sets looked cool before but after seeing the movie I want more lol

Green dragon is amazing and I want the lightning jet too. You know at that point now that you have recommended the fire mech... probably end up with them all ....:(....[:)]

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When are we supposed to be hearing about the next wave? And availability for ship in a bottle and Voltron - 2018 for those?

Never watched Voltron but I like a good mech.

Finally got the BB-8 and I thought it was great!

Size is just how I like it, it's smallish, but big enough to have good details and for it to look round even with all the studs. And the build was actually more fun than I thought it would be. The inside was really cool with the play features it has (the pop-out torch and the head wobble).

DBT85

In a few hours I'll be heading home after my first work shifts in 9 weeks and I'll be finishing the bloody Death Star before I come back to work on Thursday. #MixingWasAMistake

Then it's deciding between Saturn V, Snowspeeder and Slave 1. Whatever I do the Falcon will be last.

Just_one

Wife got us the caroussel!!

Reallt curious to build it. Not my first love (ninjago city was) but really love the caroussel aswell

A fast question. She ordered with the motor parts but one of them was on backorder.

Does lego ship everything together or will i receive the caroussel and one of the motor parts first and when its available they will send me the 2nd motor part??

Haines

Banned
Got back from ninjago..

My kid didnt really like it but he was getting sick and i thought it was very average. But im not goimg to list my reasons or complaints bc its prob already been said. I will say the dialog was way the hell over the audience of kids. Such a massive disconnect that could have been fixed by toning the main theme down in half and filling the void with more fun.

Destinys bounty still rules

mrkgoo

Got back from ninjago..

My kid didnt really like it but he was getting sick and i thought it was very average. But im not goimg to list my reasons or complaints bc its prob already been said. I will say the dialog was way the hell over the audience of kids. Such a massive disconnect that could have been fixed by toning the main theme down in half and filling the void with more fun.

Destinys bounty still rules

I'd actually like to know some reasons - I kind of saw it a few weeks after release and the buzz died on it (actually I might go dig up the thread to read through). I saw it and loved it. My daughter also seemed to enjoy it, and strangely didn't pick the girl as her favourite but rather the blue ninja because "he was funny".

Haines

Banned
I'd actually like to know some reasons - I kind of saw it a few weeks after release and the buzz died on it (actually I might go dig up the thread to read through). I saw it and loved it. My daughter also seemed to enjoy it, and strangely didn't pick the girl as her favourite but rather the blue ninja because "he was funny".

I just dont want to rain on peoples parades. I liked the movie, but the parts that i liked felt like they were done already, maybe better in the other 2 movies.

The biggest thing to me tho was the complete overkill on that maturity of the dialogue and some scenes. Shit needed toned down. This was supposed to be a fun ass lego ninja movie. The dialogue was killing the fucking mood. I guess they didnt do songs like in the other movies, and that was the difference, but than do it through more action or something. When they went back in time to when his parents met i just eye rolled so hard. I wanted more, not to go backwards and talk about shit thats obvious.
The badguy and super weapon from lego movie copied is so uninspired.

Anythime they were doing ninja shit it was hype but some reason the movie wanted to avoid fleshing the squad out.

The.... its in us, were special..., same plot point as first movie, again.

it also had great moments, good voice acting, and the shark gun and crab gun was slaying me.

Did not give a crap about live action scene. Even with chan

My kid literally builds lego ninjas on his own everyday for a week now for a reason i dont know. Maybe the show? Halfway through the movie said he didnt want to watch it anymore.I hope it can be something he can enjoy when he gets a lil older but fuck that dialogue will not help.

3/5 stars cuz lego

mrkgoo

I just dont want to rain on peoples parades. I liked the movie, but the parts that i liked felt like they were done already, maybe better in the other 2 movies.

The biggest thing to me tho was the complete overkill on that maturity of the dialogue and some scenes. Shit needed toned down. This was supposed to be a fun ass lego ninja movie. The dialogue was killing the fucking mood. I guess they didnt do songs like in the other movies, and that was the difference, but than do it through more action or something. When they went back in time to when his parents met i just eye rolled so hard. I wanted more, not to go backwards and talk about shit thats obvious.
The badguy and super weapon from lego movie copied is so uninspired.

Anythime they were doing ninja shit it was hype but some reason the movie wanted to avoid fleshing the squad out.

The.... its in us, were special..., same plot point as first movie, again.

it also had great moments, good voice acting, and the shark gun and crab gun was slaying me.

Did not give a crap about live action scene. Even with chan

My kid literally builds lego ninjas on his own everyday for a week now for a reason i dont know. Maybe the show? Halfway through the movie said he didnt want to watch it anymore.I hope it can be something he can enjoy when he gets a lil older but fuck that dialogue will not help.

3/5 stars cuz lego

Cool thanks for your opinions! I was just curious. I enjoyed the movie a lot. I thought the laser pointer as a weapon that actually
summoned a love action cat
to be hilarious and even if it's kiiiind of a riff ont henproginal kovie it's different enough to me.

The "we're special on the inside" is just a kids movie thing.

The live action scenes are just scene-setting and Bookend the film. Doesn't make or break it for me.

Eh, I loved it.

I'd like to know what you found so "adult"(?) about the dialogue though.

_Rob_

I'm about half way through the Old Fishing Store now. Despite the simplicity of most of the techniques, the details and cladding on the side are making it a much more enjoyable build than I had expected; I would definitely recommend it!

I like how the wall panels are either an OCD dream (you can tilt them however you want) or an OCD nightmare (they have to be tilted exactly right).

Top Bottom