• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Taisaijin

I think so... I would buy really quickly a set that has a bunch of 1x sand green parts, but I'm pretty sure most parts in Minecraft sets are 2x

Edit: looking closely, it seems there's 1x parts in this one. Color me interested.

(although if you want a 100% GG, the 1x2 with ridge are the most expensive parts, anyway, no?)

The modified 1x2’s , 1x8’s and the hinge pieces have been the retired GG elements for years now. Doesn’t look like any of those made it into this set. :/

Koren

The modified 1x2’s , 1x8’s and the hinge pieces have been the retired GG elements for years now. Doesn’t look like any of those made it into this set. :/
1x8 may not be an issue if you're willing to swap them for 1x6 (and this set may include a bunch of 1x6). But yes, the modified 1x2 seems a large part of the design, and are insanely expensive last time I checked (this made me went into a sand blue GG)

Which hinge pieces? I don't remember an issue with those? (there's also the train windows, but I really thing it's as fine with normal 1x2x3 windows)

DBT85

I know typically that though shalt not mention Lepin, but, has anyone tried the Lepin Falcon? Just wondering in case they never actually get around to releasing this new Falcon that we all know is coming but as yet isn't coming.

R-User!

I know typically that though shalt not mention Lepin, but, has anyone tried the Lepin Falcon? Just wondering in case they never actually get around to releasing this new Falcon that we all know is coming but as yet isn't coming.

*record stop scratching sound*

Ponn

Banned
pls, no kill!

Let me throw you a distraction so you can escape.

So I finally opened the batgirl polybag from the Target bluray and was very VERY pleasantly surprised to find out it is indeed an exclusive fig. And an adorable one at that.

YbNjmee.jpg

"Why hello there Mr. Grayson"

zGHQb4O.gif

In other news, I've just finished the first seven sections of the Disney Castle. This thing is amazing so far....loving it.

Taisaijin

Which hinge pieces? I don't remember an issue with those? (there's also the train windows, but I really thing it's as fine with normal 1x2x3 windows)

These:

RwSC7Or.jpg

Again, far from critical as they’re mostly covered by the baskets, mostly just saying that Lego hasn’t pulled any sand green out of retirement in recent memory.

Not to say it couldn’t happen, Astrid even made mention of the earth blue arches in WVM being something the fans would be happy to see back in a production set, so they’re at least somewhat aware.

Ponn

Banned
I'm not up on the comics lately, but does she like Dick?

They have mostly been friends with occasional benefits for awhile now. They are the one true ship though (sorry Titan/Starfire fans), at least better than that garbage Batman x Batgirl floating around. Batman doesn't do ships.

Koren

These:

RwSC7Or.jpg

Again, far from critical as they’re mostly covered by the baskets
Completely forgot about those... "mostly" being more like "totally"... If you want a perfectly correct GG, yes (and good luck with some parts) but that's even less a problem than the 1x8 -> 1x6 switch, I'd say.

Ugh, just finished Stage 2 of Saturn V and i just cannot ATTACH it to stage 1 without some side panels of S1 breaking off while trying to fit the 4 clips together.

Did anyone have a similar issue or did i fuck up somewhere along the way? :((((

Ugh, just finished Stage 2 of Saturn V and i just cannot ATTACH it to stage 1 without some side panels of S1 breaking off while trying to fit the 4 clips together.

Did anyone have a similar issue or did i fuck up somewhere along the way? :((((

MxMi3eB.png

That 4x1 tan piece would be closer to the rim if it was symmetric. If built incorrectly, the whole sections falls off when you try to attach stage II.

?

This step maybe?

To whoever recommended (or told me) about their IKEA glass shelves for their LEGO, thank you! They're no longer all over the house, and now relegated to one condensed area.

CSusOPq.jpg

And I'm glad I have SOME extra room now because I have quite the backstock, haha.

DYHaNyV.jpg

To whoever recommended (or told me) about their IKEA glass shelves for their LEGO, thank you! They're no longer all over the house, and now relegated to one condensed area.

CSusOPq.jpg

And I'm glad I have SOME extra room now because I have quite the backstock, haha.

DYHaNyV.jpg

That's.... your backlog?

Trust me when i say that right now at least... you have nothing to worry about :p

That's.... your backlog?

Trust me when i say that right now at least... you have nothing to worry about :p

The next one(s) I'm looking forward to are the next architecture set (I have about 15-20 of them, not pictured), the Ninjago Movie Boat, and the Ninjago Movie City Set (if it's cool).

In that stack are the carousel, whatever the newest modular was, a couple of architectures, the creator lighthouse set, the Ninjago temple, and the cardboard box has two modulars I bought off of Reddit (that are disassembled in the box).

I'm a giant child :D

I see the creator lighthoise on sale right now. Just curious what made you buy it

Me?

I LOVE lighthouses. I think they're cool in a non-nautical way, haha.

I've suffered through depression here and there though life, and a lighthouse was always a cool symbol to me of light through darkness. I also have a ton of LEGOs because I was going through a rough patch at one point, and being able to zone out and just build something was an awesome distraction.

Eventually the bad parts went away, but the ability to get a ton of LEGO as an adult is fun still. It's like re-living my childhood. :)

Haines

Banned
Cool answer.

I just started into Lego with my son with a couple small sets and saw it 27 % off on amazon.

So when I saw you had it it made me curious.

?

This step maybe?

Dude, this was EXACTLY it tx LOL, not sure what i was thinking but i attached ALL those 1X4s one stud higher.... Now it's a snug fit though! On to stage 3 :))

Yeah, I attached the 1x4 one stud higher, but only on one side for some reason. It not matching the others stood out and got fixed before I even went onto phase 2.
It is funny how many of us are messing up the same simple step.

Cool answer.

I just started into Lego with my son with a couple small sets and saw it 27 % off on amazon.

So when I saw you had it it made me curious.

Awesome! Glad to hear another generation into it.

There's a huge line of the creator homes like the lighthouse, and a good portion of them are 3in1 (where the house can be summer/autumn/winter). The lighthouse isn't like that, but I think they'd be a good start for kids since they can actually re-do them in a different style if they'd like.

Haines

Banned
Awesome! Glad to hear another generation into it.

There's a huge line of the creator homes like the lighthouse, and a good portion of them are 3in1 (where the house can be summer/autumn/winter). The lighthouse isn't like that, but I think they'd be a good start for kids since they can actually re-do them in a different style if they'd like.

Yup I grabbed the plane on sale and we started doing it with his great grandfather last night. They were loving it.

And like you said we get to build other things in the future

I see the creator lighthoise on sale right now. Just curious what made you buy it

I've got the Creator lighthouse built at the moment, and I love it. It's so cute. The designer video convinced me to buy it, so dig that out and just try to resist. Would definitely pick it up on sale, no hesitation.

And it's modular!

As with all Creator sets, it's the little touches I love the most, like the seagulls.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want to know how many went all in and mixed the bags.

I've got my R2 to do and I'm soooooo tempted.

Never mixed the bags and never plan to. Expert sets always end with most bags open after step 3 anyway, but I like how there are rules to keep certain types separated that would otherwise get confused easily. If I did mix the bags I'd at least separate big and small

That said - Saturn v is almost easy because of how they break up the bags in stages. The build itself is complex but the bag arrangement is super easy

Ponn

Banned
I've been sick in bed with the flu for like 3 days now. It's sunday so i decided to revert to my childhood being sick and decided to watch some cheap godzilla movies I had picked up on bluray. Man I really want a Lego Mechagodzilla now.

Haines

Banned
That lighthouse is great, i just think it would go over my soms head what it even is. When he is building something like the plane he kind of gets it. He even figured out it would be a plane that could land in the water before we did haha

Ponn

Banned
That lighthouse is great, i just think it would go over my soms head what it even is. When he is building something like the plane he kind of gets it. He even figured out it would be a plane that could land in the water before we did haha

I wouldn't be too afraid to get something like that for a child. It's a learning experience and you really can never tell what kids will draw inspiration from. Plus it comes with a buildable killer whale.

Nodnol

hmm, some TLJ fig leaks, don't expect anything special

Snoke https://i.imgur.com/WTNj9YX.png
FO pilot and bad BB https://i.redd.it/zoondtphtc4z.jpg
Finn https://i.redd.it/1353bqf4tc4z.jpg

I actually think that Snoke is pretty good! You couldn't tell from the box art that showed up recently, but I think they've done a decent job at capturing his likeness.

In other news, I picked up Kylo's shuttle. Yeah I know the wings don't fold out and the colour is off but it was a pretty decent build and the wings are cool as they are. Love the minifigs too.

That's one thing I've developed recently which I didn't foresee, wanting to buy sets because of the minifigs. I picked up the Imperial tank thing from the Rogue One line for Chirrut, and then the carbon freezing set for Han, Boba and the Ugnaught.

Next on my list is the Quadjumper....but I keep looking at the Combat Frigate for that's Ahsoka minifig...

ghostmind

Three (so far) of the Ninjago Movie sets include a new laser pointer, which is being referred to in set descriptions as the "ultimate weapon".

All three have the same design, so I wonder if they come pre-built, or if there is a core that you add pieces to. Given the pieces shown, I would think the latter, unless they've kragled the whole thing together.

j2o9NjY.jpg

Three (so far) of the Ninjago Movie sets include a new laser pointer, which is being referred to in set descriptions as the "ultimate weapon".

All three have the same design, so I wonder if they come pre-built, or if there is a core that you add pieces to. Given the pieces shown, I would think the latter, unless they've kragled the whole thing together.

j2o9NjY.jpg

Looks like a black version of this:

4560175.jpg

With one of these in the middle:
4211483.jpg

With this in black on the end of that.
6126113.jpg

papluh

I doubt LEGO would give a real laser pointer to kids :D
And to hide a battery in a pin sized opening would mean it will have a tiny capacity.

+1 here for it being just brick built

Also does this mean the movie will have alternate storyline in 'real world' ?

I doubt LEGO would give a real laser pointer to kids :D
And to hide a battery in a pin sized opening would mean it will have a tiny capacity.

+1 here for it being just brick built

Also does this mean the movie will have alternate storyline in 'real world' ?

Not necessarily, Lego Batman had elements of the real world in it too without having any kind of parallel real world story. I assume the laser pointer is Ninjago's Kragle.

DBT85

Finally got home to be able to check my bargain UCS R2D2. The box is worn on the edges and one of the seals looked like it might have been lifted. But all the bags and manuals are still sealed. Happy days!

Osahi

Bouny Hunter Battle Pack arrived. First set I bought solely for the minifigs, as the speeder doesn't appeal to me at all (I've bought sets in the past desiring one or some of the figs, but it always had a vehicle or build related to a movie, or just something cool)

Will build it though. Offcourse I will.

Apologies if its already been covered, but sainsburys are doing the batgirl minifig as a pack in freebie with the DVD version of the movie in the UK.

wasn't going to bother with the movie until the kids summer holiday, but y'know i guess we're watching it tonight.

Apologies if its already been covered, but sainsburys are doing the batgirl minifig as a pack in freebie with the DVD version of the movie in the UK.

wasn't going to bother with the movie until the kids summer holiday, but y'know i guess we're watching it tonight.

Not with the Blu-Ray though, right? Which is just so dumb.

Osahi

Not with the Blu-Ray though, right? Which is just so dumb.

Uhu, same here. Online retailer Bol has a DVD version with a suprise figure (I suspect Batgirl), but nothing for the blu ray. To make matters worse, the 3D blu ray is very expensive, as it comes with the normal Blu Ray + DVD + digital copy too. I'll wait a bit before I jump...

Finally got home to be able to check my bargain UCS R2D2. The box is worn on the edges and one of the seals looked like it might have been lifted. But all the bags and manuals are still sealed. Happy days!

It’s a great build and the finished model looks great, probably still my favourite UCS that I own. I have Red 5, Slave 1, Tie Fighter and the Snowspeeder.

DonShula

Unexpected Father's Day present: my kids picked out, without my input, the constraction Speeder Bike! My seven year old daughter said "I knew you didn't have this one and I thought he looked cool." I was very surprised.

Also, shout out to oneknightr for making me an offer I couldn't refuse on... well I'll post pictures when it's finished :)

Ryuuroden

CSusOPq.jpg

DYHaNyV.jpg

Good for you, may have been me who recommended those. Those shelves are classy and affordable. I love them and have nine of them in the display area of the Lego basement.

hmmblah

Finally tackled some of my backlog. I made some custom shelves and built 5 of these UCS sets in the last 2 months. It's been so tough having the SSD in the box the last few years. A few were already assembled and collecting dust in storage. I think the only thing missing is some led lighting. Any suggestions for good lighting kits?

2cP2JTq.jpg

R-User!

Finally tackled some of my backlog. I made some custom shelves and built 5 of these UCS sets in the last 2 months. It's been so tough having the SSD in the box the last few years. A few were already assembled and collecting dust in storage. I think the only thing missing is some led lighting. Any suggestions for good lighting kits?

2cP2JTq.jpg

I like the industrial look of the plumbing pipes(?) used for the supports for your shelves. Did you think of that yourself?

Top Bottom