• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

Wink

I know it's not worth much, but I mailed Nintendo Germany if they can comment on the possibility that Wii is playable for public.

Wir bitten Sie um Verständnis dafür, dass derzeit noch nicht detaillierten Informationen darüber bekannt geben können, welche Nintendo-Produkte auf der diesjährigen Games Convention vorgestellt werden. Bitte bedenke in diesem Zusammenhang auch, dass sich eine Messe dadurch auszeichnet, dass dort Neuigkeiten präsentiert werden, und daher häufig im Vorfeld keine exakten Angaben über die ausgestellte Produktpalette getroffen werden können.

Please understand that we cannot give any detailed information about which Nintendo products will be shown at this years GC. Take into account that it's the nature of a trade show to present 'new things' and thus it's common not to give away details about the array of shown products beforehand.
blabla...

Gc-Freak

Banned
angelsson said:
What about the Wii-Games by Nintendo and other 3rd Parties?

Talked to many other publishers about Wii-Games at Games Convention. But most of them can't tell if there will be Wii-Games at the booth. Press will see Wii-Games, that is fact.

Rlan

I read through the Steam news thing that Valve will have Team Fortress 2 and HL2E2 on show, what about Portal?

http://www.gamefront.de has updated with some more games you'll see at the show floor.

Rockstar
- Rockstar Games (GC-Trailer) (DVD)

Activision
- Indiana Jones (GC-Demo) (Xbox 360)

Sega
- Sonic the Hedgehog (GC-Demo) (Xbox 360)
- Virtua Tennis 3 (GC-Demo) (Xbox 360)
- World Snooker Challenge 2007 (PSP)

Konami
- Steel Horizon (GC-Demo) (NDS)
- Coded Arms Contagion (GC-Demo) (PSP)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (GC-Demo) (PSP)

THQ
- Destroy All Humans 2 (GC-Demo) (PS2)
- WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 (GC-Demo) (Xbox 360)

Gc-Freak

Banned
No Wii playable at the booth. Only for press:

Nintendos neue Konsole Wii ist derzeit das meistdiskutierte Thema der Videospielwelt. Voller Spannung erwarten die Gamer den für Jahresende angekündigten Marktstart von Wii, die mit einer neuartigen Steuerung das Videospiel zu revolutionieren verspricht. Im Business Center der Games Convention in Leipzig stellt Nintendo Wii zum ersten Mal spielbar in Deutschland vor. Die Präsentation erfolgt - wie schon auf der E3 in Los Angeles - exklusiv für Händler und Journalisten.

„Zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt möchten wir Wii vor allem den Journalisten und Händlern zeigen, die nicht die Möglichkeit hatten, zur E3 zu reisen“, erklärt Dr. Bernd Fakesch, General Manager von Nintendo Deutschland.

Nintendo-Fans und alle, die es werden wollen, können sich auf jede Menge spielbare Highlights für den Nintendo DS Lite freuen. Neben aktuellen Hits, wie z.B. New Super Mario Bros. oder dem Touch!-Generations-Titel Dr. Kawashimas Gehirn-Jogging: Wie fit ist Ihr Gehirn? können die Besucher des Nintendo-Messestandes u.a. die Titel The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, English Training: Spielend Englisch lernen, 42 Spieleklassiker, Star Fox DS oder Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Blau spielen.
Darüber hinaus erwartet sie ein abwechslungsreiches Showprogramm mit vielen Infos rund um Nintendo, einer coolen VJ-Show und heißen Live-Performances: Kool Savas, der „König der Schulhöfe“, wird mit von der Partie sein, ebenso das Frankfurter Trio Rapsoul und viele weitere Showhighlights.

In Sachen Wii bleibt es auch nach der Games Convention spannend. Bernd Fakesch verspricht: „Nintendo wird rechtzeitig vor dem Marktstart eine groß angelegte Promotion-Aktion durch ganz Deutschland starten, die jedem Interessierten Gelegenheit bietet, Wii selbst zu spielen. Damit bringen wir den Videospielern Wii praktisch direkt vor die Haustür.“

www.g-freaks.de

yeah, now it's confirmed. I alreday feared that this would be the case since there were no USK ratings for wii-demos so far (it is necessary to have an age rating to show anything at GC).

by the way, the "official guide" was made by journalists, not based on informations from the publishers.

Gc-Freak

Banned
thegodsend said:
yeah, now it's confirmed. I alreday feared that this would be the case since there were no USK ratings for wii-demos so far (it is necessary to have an age rating to show anything at GC).

Thought the same yesterday. Searched for Wii ratings from the USK but there was nothing.

lilltias

I would love some more GAF impressions (GAF SHADED?) of this little baby, World in Conflict:

world-in-conflict-20060509064157390.jpg

It's going to be shown there. Please take some time to test this one out. I think there is going to be tournaments and stuff. Also, you don't wan't to miss the nuke, the new environments and perhaps some other secret stuff. It's an action-RTS, for those that don't know. :D

SantaC

well press and trade I dont mind that since we'll get videos and impressions anyway. I am not going to germany so. Atleast it's playable in some form.

Gc-Freak

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
well press and trade I dont mind that since we'll get videos and impressions anyway. I am not going to germany so. Atleast it's playable in some form.

Well. But it is possible that they only show Wario and Wii Sports and things like that and not Mario or Zelda.

Wink

Alright folks. GC sucks, big time. There are a shitton of little kids on the floor with their parents and you as a hardcore gamer will see absolutely nothing new or interesting (only if you consider games that were released 3 months ago interesting). It's a casual gamers show. A weekend trip for families. Of course I'm talking about the show floor. I can't tell what's going on behind closed doors, but it can't be much more.
And even when Wii is playable for the press they won't play a new build of SMG or Zelda if they play it at all and we won't hear any earth shattering news. Maybe Nintendo has some little things since they're not attending TGS.

Last years press conferences were held in german mostly. It isn't an international event and it's not worth a long travel. Save your money, nothing to see here.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Gc-Freak said:
In Sachen Wii bleibt es auch nach der Games Convention spannend. Bernd Fakesch verspricht: „Nintendo wird rechtzeitig vor dem Marktstart eine groß angelegte Promotion-Aktion durch ganz Deutschland starten, die jedem Interessierten Gelegenheit bietet, Wii selbst zu spielen. Damit bringen wir den Videospielern Wii praktisch direkt vor die Haustür.“
Ok, so we can expect some other events for casual gamers. For non-German speakers - At right time, Nintendo will in Germany (and probably around Europe) start big Wii promotion action with playable Wii games.

Wink said:
Alright folks. GC sucks, big time. There are a shitton of little kids on the floor with their parents and you as a hardcore gamer will see absolutely nothing new or interesting (only if you consider games that were released 3 months ago interesting). It's a casual gamers show. A weekend trip for families. Of course I'm talking about the show floor. I can't tell what's going on behind closed doors, but it can't be much more.
And even when Wii is playable for the press they won't play a new build of SMG or Zelda if they play it at all and we won't hear any earth shattering news. Maybe Nintendo has some little things since they're not attending TGS.

Last years press conferences were held in german mostly. It isn't an international event and it's not worth a long travel. Save your money, nothing to see here.

:lol :lol So just as an example, do you wanna say that Zelda: Phantom Hourglass was ... released 3 months ago (this game will be playable at the Nintendo booth)? :lol :lol

Say "hi" to reality.

Wink

Oh come on... You pay a lot more money to get their (train, ticket, maybe hotel) than that would be worth (you could buy actual games from that money). In what kind of reality do you live? A rich one? I'm saying that to the guys willing to spend over a 50€ for that trip. Go buy a game from that money. You will have more fun with that.
Would you consider playing some soon-to-be-released DS games in a crowded atmosphere for some minutes worth all the fuss?
I was there and gamer friends of me where there and no one wants to go again.

Wink said:
Oh come on... You pay a lot more money to get their (train, ticket, maybe hotel) than that would be worth (you could buy actual games from that money). In what kind of reality do you live? A rich one? I'm saying that to the guys willing to spend over a 50€ for that trip. Go buy a game from that money. You will have more fun with that.
Would you consider playing some soon-to-be-released DS games in a crowded atmosphere for some minutes worth all the fuss?
I was there and gamer friends of me where there and no one wants to go again.

Since when is 50€+ for a trip a "rich" reality?

Of course the atmosphere will be crowded, we aren't talking about some kind of private meeting with a dozen atendees, you'll always have hundreds of people trying to get to play that one game at game shows like GC, E3 or TGS. If you wanna warn people that that actually isn't fun, feel free to go on, but don't say that you won't see anything new there - that's just flat out wrong.

the-iek

nintendo and sony press conferences were german. but afaik you could get yourself earphones, if you didn't speak german.

Flek

Banned
Gc-Freak said:
There won't be a Sony press conference from Sony according to my information.

right after square and before atari afaik

# 16.45-17.15 Uhr Square Enix
# 17-18 Uhr Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (> !?)
# 18-19 Uhr Atari

gandm

Great, as I knew I could never ever attend E3 and GC was my only possibility to experience a gaming trade show I already spent more than 200 Bucks for my trip to Leipzig (coming from Switzerland...).
And now I can't get my hands on neither the PS3 nor Wii. What a lousy show.

NinjaDOF[MSV] said:
I would love some more GAF impressions (GAF SHADED?) of this little baby, World in Conflict:

world-in-conflict-20060509064157390.jpg

It's going to be shown there. Please take some time to test this one out. I think there is going to be tournaments and stuff. Also, you don't wan't to miss the nuke, the new environments and perhaps some other secret stuff. It's an action-RTS, for those that don't know. :D

That looks awesome!

ram

at least, david f. zucker is doing a keynote during the midway press conference. i didnt expect that.

Superfrog

Blimblim said:
Looks like MS is using the same booth as last year.

Yeah, so does EA. They'll once more have their 360° display (just like at E3). In fact it must have been so f*ckin expensive that they'll have to use it for the next couple of years. :D

015.jpg

+Aliken+

Superfrog said:
Yeah, so does EA. They'll once more have their 360° display (just like at E3). In fact it must have been so f*ckin expensive that they'll have to use it for the next couple of years. :D

015.jpg

lol,
I remember that being used also at the very first GameConvention :lol

ps. By the way I'm going.

Top Bottom